User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:59:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I love my Geissele triggers but I REALLY love me AR Gold trigger  

I need to stop by LaRue and see if they will let me play with one of theirs since im local but I highly doubt its any better than a Geissele or AR Gold. I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 3:45:34 AM EDT
[#2]
hee, hee, "nutnfancy"

not sure if this guys trigger is any good but he makes a hell of a beer opener and it was even a gift. BTW im not yet a customer.

nutnfancy,lol!

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 8:11:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I wouldn't be putting $250 match grade triggers in "blasting" or everyday AR's. Not meant for that IMHO.

Unless you're shooting a submoa gun I dont see the point.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd love to compare a Larue trigger to my SSA-E, I really would. I have 5 SSAE triggers, 1 SSA, and just sold my rifle with the DMR. Would be interested to see how the Larue stacks up.

Too bad there is no trigger rental company. I would drop the Larue in my 5.45 rifle and blast out a spam can.

ETA: real test would be if it could survive THE swamp

I doubt you would notice a difference with that type of shooting.... well you will notice the unique trigger face.

So if there is no difference why would I want it over a SSAE. I use the SSAE in my 5.45, 5.56 and 7.62.

Serious question. What "kind of shooting" would it make a difference? I've using my 5.45 for everything tom rapid fire to 300yard "precision" practice.

I wouldn't be putting $250 match grade triggers in "blasting" or everyday AR's. Not meant for that IMHO.

I have geissele triggers in all my ARs so I guess I don't understand your point.

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 8:19:33 AM EDT
[#4]
The SSF has been SOCOM approved so it's being fielded in plenty of "non-precision" roles. I have a SSA in my SBR that I beat to hell. It's nice to have the two stage trigger even if I don't plan on sitting on the bench with it.

I'll have to try the MBT for myself before making any judgment. I do enjoy my other LT products and am sure it perpetuates the same quality they are known for. It's great for the consumer to have options.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 8:23:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have geissele triggers in all my ARs so I guess I don't understand your point.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd love to compare a Larue trigger to my SSA-E, I really would. I have 5 SSAE triggers, 1 SSA, and just sold my rifle with the DMR. Would be interested to see how the Larue stacks up.

Too bad there is no trigger rental company. I would drop the Larue in my 5.45 rifle and blast out a spam can.

ETA: real test would be if it could survive THE swamp

I doubt you would notice a difference with that type of shooting.... well you will notice the unique trigger face.

So if there is no difference why would I want it over a SSAE. I use the SSAE in my 5.45, 5.56 and 7.62.

Serious question. What "kind of shooting" would it make a difference? I've using my 5.45 for everything tom rapid fire to 300yard "precision" practice.

And how many did you purchase?

I'm trying to have an honest discussion here about Match grade triggers, and if you received 3-5 of those free from Cola Warrior it skews the discussion here. I see you've been to atleast 2-3, meaning 2-3+ were free.

I would probably have SSA-E's in all my AR's if they were free too..... Except maybe one with a single stage.

If LaRue gave me enough free triggers to put one in each of my AR's... wouldn't you think its a bit disingenuous  to go into a thread where people are asking what trigger to buy... "All my AR's have LaRue triggers"...  Yes maybe I'm paying LaRue back with advertising, but its dishonest to the people spending money.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 8:23:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 9:28:03 AM EDT
[#7]
I've been to 2 cola warriors. So 2 free. The rest I've bought which is about 7-10 total. Some well before I knew of cola warrior. I AM actually trying to have a discussion. I'm trying to figure out of there is a better product out there than what I curently use. For example, I'm also a huge KAC fan, but I take out their trigger and replace them with geisseles as well Because I prefer the G.

Nevermind.

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 11:25:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless you're shooting a submoa gun I don't see the point.

+1
Rifles can be blasters and also be precision  at the same time.
Configure it how You would run it no matter the use.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 11:52:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I dont agree with the "range gun use a milspec trigger quote" I have used pleanty of milspec triggers and they suck for the most part, and since they can be affordably replaced with something tons better "ALG" why wouldn't you? I don't even bother when I am building a new gun to consider a plain mil spec trigger. On a different note the gun this will be going in is a general use rifle as in range toy, home defense, SHTF, truck gun etc. It will be a hard use for everything gun. I will not consider a drop in trigger unit cause if something breaks you will have to replace the whole unit. I also don't know if a $250 dollar trigger is exactly practical for the intended role. I don't mind spending $250 if it is, but I would rather pay $200 for a geissele SDC or similar and use the other $50 on ammo if it isn't woth it.
I trust people opinions that have used both and throw in the garbage peoples that have only had one and think they have a reason to give theirs . So to those of you who have given true opinions of the Larue trigger and "other triggers" similiar I appreciate it those who have "Their Favorite one brand" quit wasting peoples time with useless info
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Did you grab a cup of coffee from our coffee gals ?

View Quote

Hi Mark!!

It was my my first SHOT show (and also my first time in Vegas) and honestly I was pretty nervous/overwhelmed. It was so huge, I was looking for your guys booth for 2-3 hours-- and when I found you guys, I  saw Mr. Brent who sent me the winning e-mail notification (which was without a doubt the highlight of the SHOW.) I did not see the coffee gal's but I wish I had

Next year, i'm definitely going to get that cup of coffee. I'm sure my second SHOT will be smoother now that I'm familiar with how it goes.

PS: The CNC machine that was making the dillos was one of the coolest things i've ever seen. You guys rock, and once again thank you again for this amazing trigger, I will never part ways with it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 12:54:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 12:57:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I trust people opinions that have used both and throw in the garbage peoples that have only had one and think they have a reason to give theirs . So to those of you who have given true opinions of the Larue trigger and "other triggers" similiar I appreciate it those who have "Their Favorite one brand" quit wasting peoples time with useless info
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That is generally how all of these threads turn out. I have used the Geissele triggers listed and the LaRue MBT. I haven't used the SD-C that you specifically ask about, but that is supposedly a SSA with the flat trigger. Which I have a SSA. Now as I mentioned before the LaRue will be slightly lighter, but it doesn't move a micron until it breaks, where you can feel the Geissele start to give. Still not sure what I like better though.

Quoted:
I dont agree with the "range gun use a milspec trigger quote" I have used pleanty of milspec triggers and they suck for the most part, and since they can be affordably replaced with something tons better "ALG" why wouldn't you? I don't even bother when I am building a new gun to consider a plain mil spec trigger. On a different note the gun this will be going in is a general use rifle as in range toy, home defense, SHTF, truck gun etc. It will be a hard use for everything gun. I will not consider a drop in trigger unit cause if something breaks you will have to replace the whole unit. I also don't know if a $250 dollar trigger is exactly practical for the intended role. I don't mind spending $250 if it is, but I would rather pay $200 for a geissele SDC or similar and use the other $50 on ammo if it isn't woth it.

I dont remember if I used the term milspec, I thought I said single stage but yeah. Everyone acts like every AR needs a $200+ trigger which cant be further from the truth. On a precision rig I'd make it a priority. But for "fun guns", etc, more ammo and practice and better optics will help dramatically. Plus the ALG  offerings are a great option, and you can adjust/tune milspec triggers fairly easily too. I personally will never be found with a stock milspec again... lighter springs, or just an ALG... but putting $200 triggers in all of your AR's is a waste IMHO... but if you have the cash....
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 1:54:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That is generally how all of these threads turn out. I have used the Geissele triggers listed and the LaRue MBT. I haven't used the SD-C that you specifically ask about, but that is supposedly a SSA with the flat trigger. Which I have a SSA. Now as I mentioned before the LaRue will be slightly lighter, but it doesn't move a micron until it breaks, where you can feel the Geissele start to give. Still not sure what I like better though.

I dont remember if I used the term milspec, I thought I said single stage but yeah. Everyone acts like every AR needs a $200+ trigger which cant be further from the truth. On a precision rig I'd make it a priority. But for "fun guns", etc, more ammo and practice and better optics will help dramatically. Plus the ALG  offerings are a great option, and you can adjust/tune milspec triggers fairly easily too. I personally will never be found with a stock milspec again... lighter springs, or just an ALG... but putting $200 triggers in all of your AR's is a waste IMHO... but if you have the cash....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I like to have a consistent trigger pull across all my rifles.

Same reason for a while all my rifles had Sopmod stocks and tango down grips.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 1:56:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I totally agree I can't afford a $200 trigger in every gun I can in this one only because of the purpose of the gun and how I want to set it up to be multi function but a $50 or $75 trigger is pretty doable for all of the rest
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:02:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You must not have used the slave pin that it comes with, it makes it very easy.

How often are you all taking your triggers in and out? I never take them out, even when cleaning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If it's a true drop in unit it might be worth looking at. Getting the Hammer installed on the SSA, SSA-E can be very frustrating.

You must not have used the slave pin that it comes with, it makes it very easy.

How often are you all taking your triggers in and out? I never take them out, even when cleaning.

Nope, used the slave pin every time. I've installed 7 SSA-E and 2 Super Scar triggers. The Scar trigger are a snap to install not so with the SSA-E. Some times the hammer slave pin lines up perfectly and it installs on the first try. On other AR's it just seems the receiver geometry makes it very difficult to line up the slave pin on both sides of the receiver. For example on a S&W MP10 the ambi controls necessitates taking out the right hand ambi control. It must be removed by taking out the roll pin before you can get the hammer assembly into position to install. However the longest it has taken me to install the trigger is 15 minutes when things don't line up,correctly with the hammer slave pin. The MP 10 took almost half an hour to install. The lower  trigger assembly is very easy to install.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:11:45 PM EDT
[#16]
The guys at LaRue did me right once, they didn't have too and I wasn't expecting it so they have my business. If ML tells me it is a great trigger well then I believe him.
I'm saving my pennies and will have one of their triggers on day.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:54:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well that's pretty boring.

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 3:15:08 PM EDT
[#18]
I mean...different barrels, rails and optics but I find things I like and stick to them.

I've recently started exchanging all those sopmods for LWRCI ultra compact and compact stocks
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 3:22:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I mean...different barrels, rails and optics but I find things I like and stick to them.

I've recently started exchanging all those sopmods for LWRCI ultra compact and compact stocks
View Quote

No.

Edit: Ill continue to buy G triggers until one of my friends buys a Larue trigger.  Then ill test run it for free and, should I like it more than the G trigger, ill sell my G trigger for a loss and drop more on the Larue.  

'tis the way of the black rifle. Of course, if ML wants to float one my way...... I mean we have the same last name...that counts for something.

Otherwise, I dont have a dog in the fight.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 4:44:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 5:06:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Hey, they named a county off you.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Edit: Ill continue to buy G triggers until one of my friends buys a Larue trigger.  Then ill test run it for free and, should I like it more than the G trigger, ill sell my G trigger for a loss and drop more on the Larue.  

'tis the way of the black rifle. Of course, if ML wants to float one my way...... I mean we have the same last name...that counts for something.

Otherwise, I dont have a dog in the fight.

Hey, they named a county off you.  

I'm not following...do tell
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 5:06:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Double tap
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 5:16:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 5:19:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Oops, LaRue County is in Kentucky.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Double tap

LaRue County, home to the Abraham Lincoln Birthplace National Historic Site, is noted for its warmth and hospitality, as well as its scenic rural setting.

Larue is your last name Mark.....not his.

Still confused
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 5:21:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 5:22:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Double tap

LaRue County, home to the Abraham Lincoln Birthplace National Historic Site, is noted for its warmth and hospitality, as well as its scenic rural setting.

I'm sure there is a way to collect on royalties from their taxes....
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 5:23:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Still confused
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Double tap

Still confused

Larue is technically my last name. It was Americanized sometime in the last 100 years to "Larew". I'm such a poser.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 5:25:17 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 5:26:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 5:29:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Being a cop, you can imagine how often I get asked...."Larue? As in larue tactical?"  It's a curse to be constantly reminded that I can't afford the OBR or the trigger or half the other shit on your website as much of it as I would like to have. Lol.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 5:37:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 5:56:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So has anyone since page 1 actually used this trigger, since that was the original question?
View Quote

I have.

Groups measured edge to edge.  Came out to .722 MOA.

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I have.

http://kevinholman.com/pics/guns/misc/moaallday/WP_20150207_005.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So has anyone since page 1 actually used this trigger, since that was the original question?

I have.

So what do you think of the trigger and what other triggers have you used to compare it too?
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 6:37:14 PM EDT
[#36]
No offense ML, but what is the point of getting involved in these senseless discussions regarding your products. If they truly are what you say they are then let them speak for themselves. Im not saying that you need to confine yourself to your industry section, but maybe you should take a page out of Geissele's book and let your brand advocates do the promoting...
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 6:56:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 8:25:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

So what do you think of the trigger and what other triggers have you used to compare it too?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have.

I already did a full write-up in the review thread that already exists on this topic..... which I am sure you already saw before creating this one:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_219/256310_MBT_Triggers.html

The only thing I'd add to that review, is that after shooting the MOA all day challenge with it, I can detect a little creep in the second stage, which I did not detect before.  It is very similar to my SSA-E in that regard.  I hate creep in the second stage, but that seems to be very typical for almost every 2-stage trigger I own.  None of them feel like a jewel 8 ounce trigger.  

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 8:35:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 8:36:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Sagmill has his way of doing things and I have mine.

ETA - But here is one reason ... it's hard for users to get a word in edge-wise at times for being drowned out by haters.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No offense ML, but what is the point of getting involved in these senseless discussions regarding your products. If they truly are what you say they are then let them speak for themselves. Im not saying that you need to confine yourself to your industry section, but maybe you should take a page out of Geissele's book and let your brand advocates do the promoting...

ETA - But here is one reason ... it's hard for users to get a word in edge-wise at times for being drowned out by haters.  

Quoted:
Quoted:
worth the price? Not to me, I'd rather go with Geissele.

Agree

Your way of doing things created the haters, so... And your fanbois usually drown out the haters anyway.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 8:55:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Guys, this is a technical forum.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 8:56:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You can't use a mil spec trigger in a 5.45 with commie ammo, you will get light strikes. You can use a heavy hammer spring but at that point it's so heavy it sucks and loses all training value.
I have SSAs in my 5.45s work perfect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can't use a mil spec trigger in a 5.45 with commie ammo, you will get light strikes. You can use a heavy hammer spring but at that point it's so heavy it sucks and loses all training value.
I have SSAs in my 5.45s work perfect.

I can verify this as true.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 9:05:11 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Your way of doing things created the haters, so... And your fanbois usually drown out the haters anyway.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agree

I bought a complete upper and a few other smaller parts from Larue back in like 07/08 but his attitude and online presence has turned me off to the point that I'll never spend a dime at Larue, I'm not even interested in the giveaways.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 9:14:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 9:20:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree

So because others prefer Geissele triggers and won't buy yours because they have become a dedicated "G" customer, you have to try to "drown out the haters"?

I can honestly say I don't own any LaRue products. Up to a point, it was purely because I didn't have anything that needed one of your products. Nor did I have the money. Since that time, I've seen too many posts about you getting extraordinarily defensive. I'm sure if I were a business owner, I would take pride in my work and my products. But at the same time, you drive off potential customers.  I love that you support the shooting community. I love that do giveaways and raffles. But at the same time, your attitude and approach turns me off.

So I'll say this and I'm sure this is my first "hater" post. But I will continue to buy Geissele products. I've yet to read a post where Bill bashes people. And when I need a product that you make and he doesn't, well, I'll shop with another Industry Partner.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 9:31:25 PM EDT
[#46]
I like Mark's straight-up attitude.  Folks jump into the Larue trigger thread and all they have said is....

...."no, I haven't tried it, why did Larue bother making it?  I like Geiselle, and that's what I use and anybody that is considering a Larue trigger should buy a Geiselle because that's what I like"....

Now, you can bet your ass there are plenty of haters.

I for one can't wait to scrap enough spare money together to try one of Marks triggers.  Apparently the people who have actually used them, like them.

Thanks in advance Mr. Larue, can't wait.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 9:38:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 9:42:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 9:44:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 9:48:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top