Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 2:34:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 10:45:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They're pretty darn light, why a sack of 100 of 'em don't weigh nuttin' a'tall.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would like to see you offer stiffer trigger springs to help the reset for those who want to run a more multi purpose setup.  I have already sung my praise for this trigger for a precision setup, my only gripe being that there is very little forward force on the trigger once it breaks and you're going out to reset.  As such, I have relegated them to precision only rifles, but with a heavier spring they would be great on carbines/recce style rifles too as IMHO it would help the speed of follow up shots.

Either way, it really is a great trigger.

Roger all that, is there a ready to go, off-the shelf spring you have in mind ?

ML

No clue!  What's the weight of yours?  I can look around and try some different ones.

They're pretty darn light, why a sack of 100 of 'em don't weigh nuttin' a'tall.

Link Posted: 7/15/2015 5:29:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 6:34:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 7:45:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 7:47:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 8:46:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Another odd question:

Any plans to make a trigger with a hammer/disconnector that can handle the weirdo sig trigger bridge (and thus not void Sig's warranty)?  As far as I know the only change would be to the disconnector, but the hammer geometry might be an issue as well (based on <2 mins of mark1 eyeballing)
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 9:07:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Just stopping in to say that my MBT helped me drop another whistle pig last night.

Link Posted: 9/9/2015 5:27:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I guess I'll drop this here as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lBpW4j-E0k

A couple months back, Mark LaRue gave an MBT to everyone in the SPR and
SR categories on AR15.com's 1 MOA All Day Long challenge list: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_16_17/51...
I figured I would let the targets talk.
My previous best was a 492/500, and I almost put down a 498/500 with the LaRue Tactical MBT.
+ Big improvement over a GI trigger.

+ Smooth first stage takeup, almost glass break on 2nd stage.

-
Reset is a little past the 2nd stage, but better than an RRA's full
letoff reset. Perhaps that's due to variations in receivers.

+/-
Other reviewers recorded ~4.35lbs pull weights which is good for
precision, but not Service Rifle legal. Mine came in at 3.5lbs max as
measured with NRA weights.

+/- The trigger bow is a little wider than
a standard trigger. That might be better for shooters with a shorter
finger reach, but didn't quite fit me.

- Some rains came after the
match and soaked my case. The next day, the MBT's bow was covered in
rust. It cleaned up easy, but it was a bit surprising. I've shot in rain
before, but never had a trigger rust.
Final thoughts: Geisseles
are the standard to compare to, but I have not used them, so I can't
bias one over the other. The MBT's overall design is similar to my usual
DPMS 2 stage and others, but the MBT's hammer design and material
should be more durable. However, for Service Rifle competition, the
minimum pull weight and slightly shorter reset of the DPMS makes it the
better choice.

0:00 Offhand.

5:28 Offhand result.

5:34 Sitting Rapid Fire.

7:40 Sitting Rapid results.

7:46 Prone Rapid Fire.

9:18 Prone Rapid results.

9:24 1st string Prone Slow Fire.

13:52 2nd string Prone Slow Fire.

15:54 Prone Slow and overall results.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 8:42:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:06:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I dont agree with the "range gun use a milspec trigger quote" I have used pleanty of milspec triggers and they suck for the most part, and since they can be affordably replaced with something tons better "ALG" why wouldn't you? I don't even bother when I am building a new gun to consider a plain mil spec trigger. On a different note the gun this will be going in is a general use rifle as in range toy, home defense, SHTF, truck gun etc. It will be a hard use for everything gun. I will not consider a drop in trigger unit cause if something breaks you will have to replace the whole unit. I also don't know if a $250 dollar trigger is exactly practical for the intended role. I don't mind spending $250 if it is, but I would rather pay $200 for a geissele SDC or similar and use the other $50 on ammo if it isn't woth it.
I trust people opinions that have used both and throw in the garbage peoples that have only had one and think they have a reason to give theirs . So to those of you who have given true opinions of the Larue trigger and "other triggers" similiar I appreciate it those who have "Their Favorite one brand" quit wasting peoples time with useless info
View Quote

I completely agree. It doesn't matter if I am shooting elephant sized targets at 25 yards, there is no excuse to have a mil-spec trigger in a rifle other than funds being short. I don't normally shoot over 100 yards but I have Geissele triggers and Larue polymers. Triggers are 100% worth the $200+ no matter how a rifle is used. The mil-spec triggers are just pitiful.

I'm definitely a trigger snob.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:34:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 6:50:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 7:54:21 AM EDT
[#16]
I need to get back to the LT site and put a few of these triggers, among a few other items in my basket.

Great reviews.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:54:10 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm hoping black Friday will have something just right() on sale I need to finish my son's AR. He's 24 years old and a great guy working full time at a hospital while attending college, all on his own decision.
He LOVES shooting and just got hooked on my AR which has an SSA in it so I bought him a complete lower and will have the upper in a couple of weeks. We tried his new lower with my upper the other day and while he has NEVER complained about a single thing/gift/present etc., in his WHOLE LIFE, I could tell he would be tickled to have a better trigger than the mli-spec version in his new lower. An LBT would be PERFECT, especially if black Friday has some surprises from LaRue tactical.
I can't quite spring for one at regular price this month so I will eat cheap for a few of weeks, and if the price is were I think it might be for an LBT this black Friday(last hint I promise) I'll make his day(and mine too because my best days in life are out at the shooting range with him).

Although I've never owned or even tried an LBT, this is one product that has the most convincing reviews and specs of any single AR add-on I have ever seen on the internet.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:22:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm hoping black Friday will have something just right() on sale I need to finish my son's AR. He's 24 years old and a great guy working full time at a hospital while attending college, all on his own decision.
He LOVES shooting and just got hooked on my AR which has an SSA in it so I bought him a complete lower and will have the upper in a couple of weeks. We tried his new lower with my upper the other day and while he has NEVER complained about a single thing/gift/present etc., in his WHOLE LIFE, I could tell he would be tickled to have a better trigger than the mli-spec version in his new lower. An LBT would be PERFECT, especially if black Friday has some surprises from LaRue tactical.
I can't quite spring for one at regular price this month so I will eat cheap for a few of weeks, and if the price is were I think it might be for an LBT this black Friday(last hint I promise) I'll make his day(and mine too because my best days in life are out at the shooting range with him).

Although I've never owned or even tried an LBT, this is one product that has the most convincing reviews and specs of any single AR add-on I have ever seen on the internet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

See this post:

Quoted:
High noon.

And from another thread:

Quoted:
Quoted:
After disliking the Tricon, I'd be interested to play with the MBT-2S, but of course, when I look at the EE, they're gone

Saving for the sale.

Then save today's lunch money.

High noon.

It appears there won't be a need to wait until black Friday... he said HIGH NOON TODAY.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:00:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

See this post:

And from another thread:

It appears there won't be a need to wait until black Friday... he said HIGH NOON TODAY.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See this post:

Quoted:
High noon.

And from another thread:

Quoted:
Quoted:
After disliking the Tricon, I'd be interested to play with the MBT-2S, but of course, when I look at the EE, they're gone

Saving for the sale.

Then save today's lunch money.

High noon.

Crap! I don't get paid until the 25th. I spread myself a little thin this month paying off some bills, getting ready for the holidays. Hopefully I'll get lucky and get one on sale later.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 9:00:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 2:11:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Still says $199? Did I miss something?
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 3:59:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 5:38:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Hey Mark- given any thought to a rem700 MBT?
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 8:01:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 8:40:54 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't have one but I got to shoot my friends rifle last weekend whos does .

I have to say I was impressed  and will be getting a few of them.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 9:05:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Who should I e-mail about buying a couple of heavier springs for my MBT's?

I sent one a few days ago to the address Mark mentioned in another thread but got no response as of yet :-(

ETA:  I was wrong as it had only been 3ish days...sorry :-(
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 8:41:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 11:00:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Not on the website yet ... resend your email and we'll see if Mrs. Clause will turn loose a couple more.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who should I e-mail about buying a couple of heavier springs for my MBT's?

I sent one 4 or 5 days ago to the address Mark mentioned in another thread but got no response as of yet :-(

Not on the website yet ... resend your email and we'll see if Mrs. Clause will turn loose a couple more.

I sent you an e-mail.  No rush on shipping and I am more than happy to pay for them.

Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 1:14:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 7:45:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Just saw this.

I got one of the MBT's from LaRue for shooting the 1 MOA Challenge.

I stuck it on my ArmaLite M15 NM rifle.  The trigger that was on the rifle was the factory ArmaLite tuned using the ArmaLite instructions by yours truly and it was/is an excellent trigger.

So I slapped the MBT in the gun, and slapped is about all it takes.  Stand backa few yards, throw the trigger at the rifle, and it falls right in.  Well, not quite, but it is trully a drop in.

OK, this is where the interesting part starts.

Drop in stuff like triggers don't work.  They pretty much are for those who can't rub two quarters together while chewing gum at the same time.

Well......

That doesn't apply to the MBT.

It is a PHENOMENAL trigger.  I giggled the first time I dry fired it.  

Guys, seriously, is the thing worth the money?

Yeah, it is.

And this is coming from a guy that likes regular GI triggers.  Look up the SHTF challenge and see my shooting results with stock triggers.  

LaRue gets a big Kudos from me./  Really superb job guys and thanks very much again for the thing.  It is tops, a real peach.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 10:51:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Just saw this.

I got one of the MBT's from LaRue for shooting the 1 MOA Challenge.

I stuck it on my ArmaLite M15 NM rifle.  The trigger that was on the rifle was the factory ArmaLite tuned using the ArmaLite instructions by yours truly and it was/is an excellent trigger.

So I slapped the MBT in the gun, and slapped is about all it takes.  Stand backa few yards, throw the trigger at the rifle, and it falls right in.  Well, not quite, but it is trully a drop in.

OK, this is where the interesting part starts.

Drop in stuff like triggers don't work.  They pretty much are for those who can't rub two quarters together while chewing gum at the same time.

Well......

That doesn't apply to the MBT.

It is a PHENOMENAL trigger.  I giggled the first time I dry fired it.  

Guys, seriously, is the thing worth the money?

Yeah, it is.

And this is coming from a guy that likes regular GI triggers.  Look up the SHTF challenge and see my shooting results with stock triggers.  

LaRue gets a big Kudos from me./  Really superb job guys and thanks very much again for the thing.  It is tops, a real peach.
View Quote

This post made zero sense to me. It's not any different than installing any mil-spec trigger, and much less *drop-in* than others. Every aftermarket trigger I've tried is cleaner feeling than USGI.They all *work* in that regard, lol.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 10:59:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 11:08:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
^^^

You're the guy that walks out of the public rest room trailing toilet paper carelessly tucked in your pants.

I laugh every time I see you post.

View Quote

I wish I could bill you for it. Comedy is serious money. Maybe I'd bill you an MBT trigger with a heavy spring for review, lol.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 11:10:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 11:14:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

When the dust settles, you're really more of a 2 1/2" 410 kinda guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
^^^

You're the guy that walks out of the public rest room trailing toilet paper carelessly tucked in your pants.

I laugh every time I see you post.

I wish I could bill you for it. Comedy is serious money. Maybe I'd bill you an MBT trigger with a heavy spring for review, lol.

When the dust settles, you're really more of a 2 1/2" 410 kinda guy.

Is that an insult? I was actually serious. The 6# mbt is interesting. Is it really 6#, or more 4.5# as others are saying? Does the spring make ignition more "sure"?
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 11:47:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Wow... personal attacks from an Industry partner...

Real cool.

You didn't have to say anything to that guy.

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 3:38:31 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Wow... personal attacks from an Industry partner...

Real cool.

You didn't have to say anything to that guy.

View Quote

I don't know their history, but it seems like Mark is just being cheeky.

I'm patiently waiting for my trigger to grow into another rifle.

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 5:41:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 6:29:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 8:40:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Watching our production numbers, I'm betting 7,500 - 8,000 MBT triggers will have been made and shipped by the first 12 months of MBT production.  
I don't know if that's a lot, but it sure seems like a lot.

Thanks for pulling the trigger on our trigger business y'all.

View Quote

I ordered one the other day through the Taste of Texas sale. Glad to help out.  
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 1:13:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 10:37:09 PM EDT
[#42]
The MBT is a phenomenal trigger.

We are in the throes of deer season right now and I don't use my AR's for that.  Come December, it'll be back to the rifle range and the thing will get a proper workout.  Must report!
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:48:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:13:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Any idea when the backordered triggers will be shipping? I'm anxiously (and not so patiently) waiting to try this thing out.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:35:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:17:27 AM EDT
[#46]
I don't understand why anyone would bash an American made, American owned and operated company that manufactures and builds high quality products.  This company is also an employer for legal US citizens.

There is nothing wrong with being cocky, especially when you can back it up.  I say LaRue Tactical can back it up.

Envy brings out the worst in some people.  

The rest of us just want to save enough to buy a trigger.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 3:43:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Well, hell.  I may just have to treat myself to one.  Lots of awesome feedback!

My 13.7 is my only rig not rocking a SSA, or SSAe.  My fear is that I will love it too much

Besides, I am running low on Dillo Dust.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:43:29 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Take a deer with some 70 gr TSX bullets just to say you did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We are in the throes of deer season right now and I don't use my AR's for that.  Come December, it'll be back to the rifle range and the thing will get a proper workout.  Must report!

I'll be using my MBT for deer next month. Late doe in Northern MI.

With 100gr Nosler Accubonds...
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good deal.  Will be interested to see the results.

We put 6 in the freezer, plus a bull elk.  We are just about done.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:43:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top