Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/26/2015 9:05:54 PM EDT
Just wanted to let some of you guys know that BRO rifles are not just pretty. I had the opportunity to shoot a BRO PG11-20 yesterday and now im gonna buy one. Very nice machining, upper and lower fit very tight. Couldnt find a machining flaw inside or outside. Trigger is very crisp with a snapping break and very short reset. Very nice charging handle. Gun was shooting .5" at 100 yards. Not real sure if i like the modular rail yet or not but it could be easily changed. Its pretty much a custom built gun ready to go but i know they are not cheap. I really didnt want to like it just because they were new and pricey. I really couldnt find anything i didnt like about it. Just things i really liked about it. I think the BRO upper and lower are some of the nicest receivers i have seen.  Anyway just wanted to shout my opinion. Let me know what you think.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:10:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just wanted to let some of you guys know that BRO rifles are not just pretty. I had the opportunity to shoot a BRO PG11-20 yesterday and now im gonna buy one. Very nice machining, upper and lower fit very tight. Couldnt find a machining flaw inside or outside. Trigger is very crisp with a snapping break and very short reset. Very nice charging handle. Gun was shooting .5" at 100 yards. Not real sure if i like the modular rail yet or not but it could be easily changed. Its pretty much a custom built gun ready to go but i know they are not cheap. I really didnt want to like it just because they were new and pricey. I really couldnt find anything i didnt like about it. Just things i really liked about it. I think the BRO upper and lower are some of the nicest receivers i have seen.  Anyway just wanted to shout my opinion. Let me know what you think.
View Quote

Shilling is frowned upon
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:13:03 PM EDT
[#2]
this thread won't stay inacto
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:14:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Turn on the heater, its shilly in here.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:14:55 PM EDT
[#4]
What is that suppose to mean
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:16:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmmmm.....first post and all.  OP you are going to have to explain yourself a little better.  

BRO do have very nice products, so please tell me they aren't starting to shill their shit.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:17:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Does that mean nobody here likes them?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:17:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is that suppose to mean
View Quote

Usually when someones first post is bragging about how awesome a certain product is they end up being a shill and the threads don't end well.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:20:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
this thread won't stay inacto
View Quote

But it will get a PASS!
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:21:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes this is my first post. I was on a couple of other forums before i got rid of my last 2 ARs. Now im getting back into it and thought i would join this one.  So whats the big deal?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:21:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Turn on the heater, its shilly in here.
View Quote
That's great

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:24:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Im not trying to start anything im just getting back into the AR world and wanted to let people know what i thought. There are a few other brands i could brag about too if that will lighten things up?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:26:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yes this is my first post. I was on a couple of other forums before i got rid of my last 2 ARs. Now im getting back into it and thought i would join this one.  So whats the big deal?
View Quote

Usually a good first post is to introduce yourself with a little background.  The majority of the time a persons first post is bragging about a product then they end up being an employee trying to boost some sales.

BTW I love my BRO receiver set I built into a AR10

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:29:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry to spoil the fun for the jokesters, but a "shill" is someone who pretends NOT to be associated with a product that they then recommend.   A good review means very little coming from the manufacturer of the product.

There has apparently been a large percentage of people who , in their first post, recommend a product.

I'm not saying you're a shill, just providing an explanation.

Edit- glad to see that I was beaten to the explanation, and that this thread is taking a friendly tack.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:30:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Usually a good first post is to introduce yourself with a little background.  The majority of the time a persons first post is bragging about a product then they end up being an employee trying to boost some sales.

<a href="http://s1227.photobucket.com/user/NIevo8/media/017_zpsb0cba4cb.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee431/NIevo8/017_zpsb0cba4cb.jpg</a>
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1227.photobucket.com/user/NIevo8/media/017_zpsb0cba4cb.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee431/NIevo8/017_zpsb0cba4cb.jpg</a>

Very nice rifle. I should have mine within a week or so. I can promise you i am no BRO employee. I work at a chemical plant so trust me im not trying to push a product for anybody. Maybe i should start over with a new name. You mighr have to take me under your wing since nobody else here seems to like me. Haha
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:35:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Very nice rifle. I should have mine within a week or so. I can promise you i am no BRO employee. I work at a chemical plant so trust me im not trying to push a product for anybody. Maybe i should start over with a new name. You mighr have to take me under your wing since nobody else here seems to like me. Haha
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We don't dislike you. It's just fun to think/hope somebodys a shill is all. But if you work at a chemical plant, then you're probably not a shill. Welcome to the forum
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:40:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Shill.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:41:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Does that mean nobody here likes them?
View Quote

WAY overpriced for what they are.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:41:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:41:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Let it rain, BRO!

I almost made a lowball offer on one off the local classifieds last year. They were asking way too much, guessing they bought it during the "panic" . Just couldn't get past the goofy ass Let It Rain crap and logos.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:48:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

First post of a new user promoting a product. It makes it seem like a paid advertisement.  There are companies who have sweepstakes and entries are submitted by mentioning their products on forums. IE an advertisement for a chance to win.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:58:41 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm really digging that NY compliant stock they have...shexy...
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:07:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Well maybe somebody should send this to black rain and they will send me a paycheck
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:17:16 PM EDT
[#23]
OP ( that's you craigster, original poster),

Don't take responses too seriously here, although ARFCOM means serious business. It was wise of you to post this AR Discussions and not in General Discussions. In GD you will get your face kicked in for saying something as innocent as actually shooting your rifle.  We recently had a thread where a new member praised a certain company's AR15 that quickly escalated into one of the largest dog piles in ARFCOM history due to the OP coming off as a shill for said company. It got very ugly very quickly and extended beyond ARFCOM's domain into social media which was unfortunate.  ARFCOM can be brutal but incredibly witty and impressive when it's efforts as a collective whole are summoned.  Nothing gets by this crew, they'll sniff out any hint of B.S. and then relish in rolling you around in it.

No need to ditch your account and start over; you've done nothing wrong. ARFCOM just expects some meat and potatoes to go with your review.  Shoot your rifle and then tell them why it's the real deal and why they should be impressed over the 4 dozen other manufacturers.  Keep in mind that everyone here shot UBL in the face, hand forges their own billet rifles, hand loads a subsonic 5.56 round that cycles the action sans suppressor and has a real peq-15.

Welcome
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:18:44 PM EDT
[#24]
OP has wandered into the Cantina at Mos Eisley,
and is immediately boasting about the quality engineering at the Corellian Shipyards.

Long term Denizens of the bar say, ORLY?

lulz inbound
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:19:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
OP has wandered into the Cantina at Mos Eisley, and is immediately boasting about the quality engineering at the Corellian Shipyards.

Long term Denizens of the bar say, ORLY?

lulz inbound

View Quote

Nah, GD would be the Cantina. The Tech Forums are just the crowds outside.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:24:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

No need to ditch your account and start over; you've done nothing wrong. ARFCOM just expects some meat and potatoes to go with your review.  Shoot your rifle and then tell them why it's the real deal and why they should be impressed over the 4 dozen other manufacturers.  Keep in mind that everyone here shot UBL in the face, hand forges their own billet rifles, hand loads a subsonic 5.56 round that cycles the action sans suppressor and has a real peq-15.

Welcome
View Quote

This....no need to start over.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:03:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Welcome

Thanks for explaining this for me. Again sorry for coming off the wrong way. Some of these guys really got there weiner twisted up. Sorry to those who did and thanks to those who didnt.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:17:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Its always a good idea to observe the local flora and fauna for awhile before posting
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:24:56 PM EDT
[#29]
I won't even mention how much a vendor was charging for the Affliction black rifle at a gun show last week....u mad BRO?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:28:49 PM EDT
[#30]
I guess i learned my lesson.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:35:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

And then there was the one I had to repair at an Appleseed for an ROTC cadet who was so proud of his new rifle and couldn't understand why it wouldn't zero (the barrel nut was rattling around held on only by the gas tube) and the castle nut spun off by hand.  Maybe their QC has improved.

How many rounds were in that 1/2 MOA (1/2" at 100 yards) group?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:46:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
OP ( that's you craigster, original poster),

Don't take responses too seriously here, although ARFCOM means serious business. It was wise of you to post this AR Discussions and not in General Discussions. In GD you will get your face kicked in for saying something as innocent as actually shooting your rifle.  We recently had a thread where a new member praised a certain company's AR15 that quickly escalated into one of the largest dog piles in ARFCOM history due to the OP coming off as a shill for said company. It got very ugly very quickly and extended beyond ARFCOM's domain into social media which was unfortunate.  ARFCOM can be brutal but incredibly witty and impressive when it's efforts as a collective whole are summoned.  Nothing gets by this crew, they'll sniff out any hint of B.S. and then relish in rolling you around in it.

Welcome
View Quote

Wait those peq-15's aren't real?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:49:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Welcome to the Forum, while I don't own a BRO, I have heard good about their rifles...

What do you do at the Chem Plant?  Again welcome.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:52:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Welcome to the site bro......don't worry about the false shill/first post bro, damn...I can't stop saying bro, bro.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:18:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Looked at them yesterday in the hometown Scheels. Way to gheytto for me. The LIR on the dustcover was the deal breaker.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:51:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

chrome plate BCG's?

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:00:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

And then there was the one I had to repair at an Appleseed for an ROTC cadet who was so proud of his new rifle and couldn't understand why it wouldn't zero (the barrel nut was rattling around held on only by the gas tube) and the castle nut spun off by hand.  Maybe their QC has improved.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were 3 shot groups that we shot after the recommended barrel break in procedure.  Do yall think the barrel break in procedures these manufactures recommend is really necessary or a waste of time?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:05:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Welcome to the Forum, while I don't own a BRO, I have heard good about their rifles...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I work at a vinyl plant in the technical dept. (Lab technician)
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:42:10 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

They were 3 shot groups that we shot after the recommended barrel break in procedure.  Do yall think the barrel break in procedures these manufactures recommend is really necessary or a waste of time?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

SNIP

I generally think the break in procedures are a waste of time.  Personally I like 5 shot groups.

Some people insist on 10 though, so I'll have to try this again sometime.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:48:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Welcome OP! please forgive the shill accusations, shills have been an issue here recently

No need to start over
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:50:43 AM EDT
[#41]
I like my BRO barrels, they're made by Black Hole.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:13:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I like my BRO barrels, they're made by Black Hole.
View Quote

I did not know this. Now i know why it shot so good.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:44:25 PM EDT
[#43]
My AR's are AR10's at this point, but I got interested in the 5.56 when my local warehouse retailer, CDNN, had the BR complete lowers on sale here around Christmas for an outstanding price.  I had researched the BR product line and read several magazine and blog field tests of their rifles...all with excellent reviews.  Ghetto or not, beauty is often in the eye of the beholder.  I know the guy who owns CDNN and have a friend who works there.  They don't have a store front, and you usually can't get in to view the product...all business done online and shipped to firearms dealers.  I looked at the complete lower in all black, and it was a quality product.  Their triggers are supposed to be very good quality.  I somehow resisted  buying that lower to build the rest of the gun myself, but it wasn't because of any apparent lack of quality.  I agree they seem a little overpriced, but they also seem a step or two above the normal fare out there.  While at CDNN I did go ahead and pick up a BR single-point bungie sling which was a great addition to my Mad Max Keltec PLR16 pistol...LOL!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:52:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I've heard arguments on both sides but fall on the no break in needed side.  I figure if there were a provable difference between them we would have data somewhere on the web.

Here's a great post on why 3 shot groups don't tell the true story of a rifle's accuracy potential.
An excerpt.
There are stories of a single bullet that for no explained reason flies out of what might have been a tight cluster. This often occurs with a three-shot string and many times with a five-shot string. If you're lucky enough to fire a group without a flier, you can end up with a very tight group. However, usually what happens if another five or seven shots are fired to complete a 10-shot string, other bullets fill in the space between the main group and the flier to make a reasonably rounded group. Ten shots are a more reliable indicator when it comes to predicting what a load is likely to do in the future.

The problem with 10-shot groups is that when you report them, everyone thinks you aren't shooting very well or that the ammunition is not good because the group sizes are so much larger than three- or five-shot groups. Also, when we're firing three- or five-shot groups with a flier, it is only natural to assume that it was caused by a flinch or "pulling" the shot. Therefore, since the flier was our own fault, the tendency is to eliminate it from any reporting of group size.

If you have some time to burn here's a treasure trove of knowledge on the AR platform.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:02:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Thank you. I will have to check that out in a bit.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:28:26 PM EDT
[#46]
BRO rifles seem to be at least par or better when it comes to features and quality. Most people have an issue with their loud (for an AR) color schemes, and I think their toothy muzzle device is silly.

The running perception is that their silver & skull rifles are bought mostly by meatheads in MMA t-shirts and torn jeans cause they look 'badass'.

Also, they are expensive rifles and many were bought at a hefty premium during the last panic. Thus, browsing the EE and other sites will turn up a lot of BRO rifles with <100 rds on them for sale at ridiculously high asking prices (IMO).

If you like the rifle and are competent with it, then screw our collective opinions and buy it.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:58:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Welcome OP, now that we know your not a shill and all... As to the BRO stuff, it's pretty nice from what I've seen; but way, way, overpriced. I think you would be better off going with a complete rifle from Spikes Tactical or BCM and spend the money you'd save on mags, ammo, sling, and a TLR-1s... NOW is the time to buy bulk ammo NOT later!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:30:01 PM EDT
[#48]
no way id spend kac money on anything plastered with skulls.just not my thing
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:41:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Im not a fan of the skull thing either. But i really like the norguard silver finish. I like it because its different
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:43:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's all a myth and is a complete waste of time.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top