Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 60
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 1:21:53 PM EDT
[#1]
FYI, I just ordered a CMMG 22LR Bravo Conversion to go with the 10 Blackdog mags I ordered last week.  This is a current Bravo model and is SS. The best price I could find was from Lambo's for 157.25 + $10 Ship.  $5 off coupon "facebook" and you can do the math.  In case anyone is interested here is the link.  https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117&products_id=1703

If you chose to use this with the FA Trigger you will have to file down the bolt ramp to get it to work properly.  One poster here has documented his experiences earlier in this thread that will show you what you need to do this.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:31:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
Your making me feel better about my $40 Anderson SBR lower, lol.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By xtreme762:
I really like the D60 mag. The only problem I have with mine is it won't fit in my Seekins Precision billets. Kinda sucks!
Your making me feel better about my $40 Anderson SBR lower, lol.  

Hey as long as it runs good, and you're happy with it. Nothing else matters. It's a good looking rifle. I wish I had SBR'd a couple cheaper lowers rather than all my Seekins billets. I think you did good.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:34:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a couple Bushmaster lowers I'll probably SBR next.  I picked them up from AIM when they were $50 each.

Now I just wish I could get 308 lowers that cheap.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:00:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: emb876] [#4]
AIM Lightweight Nitrided BCG's just came back in stock on their website. Just picked mine up!

ETA Here http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XAIMBCGN3LW&name=Light+Weight+AIM+AR+.223%2f5.56+Nitride+9310+MPI+Bolt+Carrier+Group&search=light+weight
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:30:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By emb876:

AIM Lightweight Nitrided BCG's just came back in stock on their website. Just picked mine up!

ETA Here http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XAIMBCGN3LW&name=Light+Weight+AIM+AR+.223%2f5.56+Nitride+9310+MPI+Bolt+Carrier+Group&search=light+weight
View Quote
Awesome.  Post some vids when you get it running

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:36:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Order 2922 is in the mail!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 7:17:42 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

Just ordered one too.
AIM lightweight bcg, carbine buffer, springco orange spring, and PSA overgassed heavy barrel carbine.
Should run perfectly!
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 7:58:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By jgs9455:

Just ordered one too.
AIM lightweight bcg, carbine buffer, springco orange spring, and PSA overgassed heavy barrel carbine.
Should run perfectly!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jgs9455:

Just ordered one too.
Should run perfectly!

I already have the orange sprinco and carbine buffer, hoping this will be the last piece to the puzzle!
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:44:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By dfd277:
View Quote

What day did you order?
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

Sold out already. Fuck.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:04:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By hunterkiller4u:

Sold out already. Fuck.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hunterkiller4u:

Sold out already. Fuck.

Damn that was fast I had a feeling that might happen which is why I set up email notification for it and bought it as soon as it came in stock
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:04:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Getting back on topic about the Franklin Armory three position trigger; from all the tests that I have read about, it is a difficult trigger to install and get working properly. You would think that for $475 , (more than half the price of a high quality AR) they would supply something factory adjusted, pre-set, that just drops in. This is one expensive trigger but I am yet to be convinced that this product is reliable and safe. Until then my Geisele SSAe shoots fast enough for me, was easy to install and is 100% reliable
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:19:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kronus92] [#13]
Originally Posted By dlagrua:
Getting back on topic about the Franklin Armory three position trigger; from all the tests that I have read about, it is a difficult trigger to install and get working properly. You would think that for $475 , (more than half the price of a high quality AR) they would supply something factory adjusted, pre-set, that just drops in. This is one expensive trigger but I am yet to be convinced that this product is reliable and safe. Until then my Geisele SSAe shoots fast enough for me, was easy to install and is 100% reliable
View Quote

Has anyone shot themselves or others in this thread? Guns blown up? Digits missing? Powder burns? Anything?

I don't have mine yet, but it seems reliable to me for the designed purpose: rapid double taps. Everyone in this thread is trying to run their guns as hard and fast as possible. Without a sear type mechanism, I am surprised this is doing as well as it is honestly.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:45:41 PM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes

If you've been reading this thread you can see that the designed intention of this trigger is practically 100% reliable.

Never once when I was shooting spaced out double taps (the intended use of this trigger) did I have a malfunction once I got the initial grittiness out (an issue thats come up here before, solved by doing some dry fires)

Most of the issues you see are when people are trying to do mag dumps and outrunning the hammer, which is why people are speeding up the action with lighter buffers, lighter BCG's, and more powerful recoil springs

Regarding difficulty of installation I can't really comment on that. I sent my lower to Franklin and had them install it, which required a bit of milling, something I am not set up to do. I don't think its fair to say installation issues are problems of the trigger when FA says, and I quote from their website:

It is imperative that the BFS™ only be installed, adjusted, and/or repaired by a certified Franklin Armory™ armorer. Failure to use a Franklin Armory™ armorer to install your trigger may expose you to serious liability including PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY TO YOUR SELF OR OTHERS, AND/OR DEATH!

Improper installation, use, or tampering with the BFS™ will void the warranty and MAY LEAD TO UNINTENTIONAL DISCHARGE OF THE FIREARM THAT MAY LEAD TO INJURY OR EVEN DEATH.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:14:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Snipped since it shouldn't really be repeated
View Quote

Fortunately your lack of an avatar and any semblance of critical thinking will likely be skipped over by most people coming to this thread, who's attention will more likely be drawn to the multitude of actual users who have posted multiple times about how exactly to use the BFS to it's upmost potential.  Fortunate for them, and fortunate for you, since you should be embarrassed and ashamed for such a display of ignorance in public, and grateful when it becomes buried by useful, intelligent posts over time.

The cognitive dissonance displayed in your post is akin to berating your car's manufacturer for it's rough ride and poor handling due to the flat tire you refuse to fill.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:56:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By kronus92:

What day did you order?
View All Quotes

What day did you order?

1/7/2016
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:00:31 PM EDT
[#17]

1/7/2016
View All Quotes

What day did you order?

1/7/2016

So, any of you that are waiting on orders, that would be the complete lowers from FA? Without reading all 87 pages, it seems that is the only current option, correct?

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:07:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By HK_DUDE:

So, any of you that are waiting on orders, that would be the complete lowers from FA? Without reading all 87 pages, it seems that is the only current option, correct?

View All Quotes

What day did you order?

1/7/2016

Negative. They are selling the trigger pack
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:13:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Well for cripes sakes....I never look further on their web page past the complete lowers.

Thanks....and Duh to me.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:41:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Kuraki:

Fortunately your lack of an avatar and any semblance of critical thinking will likely be skipped over by most people coming to this thread, who's attention will more likely be drawn to the multitude of actual users who have posted multiple times about how exactly to use the BFS to it's upmost potential.  Fortunate for them, and fortunate for you, since you should be embarrassed and ashamed for such a display of ignorance in public, and grateful when it becomes buried by useful, intelligent posts over time.

The cognitive dissonance displayed in your post is akin to berating your car's manufacturer for it's rough ride and poor handling due to the flat tire you refuse to fill.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kuraki:
Snipped since it shouldn't really be repeated

Don't waste your time, Kuraki. One; there's always gonna be haters, and two; if this guy is too lazy to go through the pages to actually read something, and not just look at the pictures like the Flintstones. Then that would be his loss!

But good on ya for protecting all of our work in this thread.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 2:19:53 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

You have no clue what you are talking about. It's about as easy to install as a geissele ( easier than a mil spec trigger), it works great once you have your rifle tuned, the BFS does not cost $479 dollars and yes its very safe.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 3:34:51 AM EDT
[#22]
In on page 87

I just got my trigger and it dropped right in (snug) in an Aero Precision Pew Pew lower . Also fit in the Spike's Jack Billet lower. It did NOT fit in any of my other Spike's lowers (Calico Jack, Crusader, Punishers, etc)

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 7:39:20 AM EDT
[#23]

1/7/2016
View All Quotes

What day did you order?

1/7/2016

Thanks. We will see if mine gets shipped today or this week as an idea of how fast they are making these. I ordered 1/8 #295*.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:00:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HYRYSC] [#24]
View Quote

Actually, that was not the topic.  The topic is regarding how much we enjoy the trigger and what it does.  If all the tests that you have read about suggest that it is difficult to install and work properly, then apparently you don't read much. There are some nuances that you have to go through since it is not a standard trigger.  Not difficult in the least.  

Mine has been amazing, reliable and extremely fun.  

I have a Geisele, a Wilson Combat, and a Timney.  Since I got my Franklin Armory binary trigger, the rest have stayed in the safe.  I won't be getting rid of them, but they certainly don't have the fun factor or anywhere close to the speed of the Binary.

If you are not convinced, who cares, move along and read about your Geisele and how awesome it is (which it actually is) but there is no reason to come in just to poop on a trigger that you haven't even seen in person yet, let along spent any time behind.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 1:59:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HK_DUDE] [#25]
Ok. I have read almost all the posts and viewed most if not all videos that I can find. I have 2 questions/concerns:

1. I am not afraid of a little fitting. I have a small mill and a great dremmel..haha. I also would be putting it on an Aero Precision lower, which seems to be a good host as far as fitment. So...when you guys are adding the light carriers, etc....are you getting 100% reliable double taps? Most of the videos I see show a few issues still with just using it as designed...not trying to go as fast as possible. If I use it as designed, I want to make sure it works all the time. If any of us had a standard high end trigger, we wouldn't accept 98% reliability.

2. How is the trigger weight and pull length when just shooting in the single semi mode? Reviews sound as though take up is a little long and not too light weight. I ask because the advertising for the fostech echo trigger notes pretty good specs for the single function side of their trigger.

I want to buy one, just don't know if i should order the a bianary trigger now, or wait to see reviews on the echo trigger.

Thank you in advance..
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:05:52 PM EDT
[#26]

Ok. I have read almost all the posts and viewed most if not all videos that I can find. I have 2 questions/concerns:

1. I am not afraid of a little fitting. I have a small mill and a great dremmel..haha. I also would be putting it on an Aero Precision lower, which seems to be a good host as far as fitment. So...when you guys are adding the light carriers, etc....are you getting 100% reliable double taps? Most of the videos I see show a few issues still with just using it as designed...not trying to go as fast as possible. If I use it as designed, I want to make sure it works all the time. If any of us had a standard high end trigger, we wouldn't accept 98% reliability.

2. How is the trigger weight and pull length when just shooting in the single semi mode? Reviews sound as though take up is a little long and not too light weight. I ask because the advertising for the fostech echo trigger notes pretty good specs for the single function side of their trigger.

I want to buy one, just don't know if i should order the a bianary trigger now, or wait to see reviews on the echo trigger.

Thank you in advance..
View Quote
When you talk about malfunctions do you consider BUD engagement an issue?

I can run mine as fast as I can and the only issue I come across is an occasional BUD engagement. Not a big deal IMO as it continues to cycle as long as you pull and release the trigger.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:11:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HK_DUDE] [#27]
Does that happen when just pulling and releasing to get a quick double, or only when you try keep firing at thr highest rate possible? If that happened only when trying to fire continuously, I think that would be acceptable. Anyone currently have 100% function when just doing super fast doubles? Or does the back up disconnect come into play with that as well?
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:15:53 PM EDT
[#28]

Does that happen when just pulling and releasing to get a quick double, or only when you try keep firing at thr highest rate possible? If that happened only when trying to fire continuously, I think that would be acceptable. Anyone currently have 100% function when just doing super fast doubles? Or does the back up disconnect come into play with that as well?
View Quote
I've only experienced it when running as fast as I can. I think it could happen if just doing a double, but it would be much less likely.

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:30:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Mine came in today.

It's going on a DD 10.3" commercial gas barrel.

Is it advisable to range time it first and then mess with springs and bolt carriers or do I need to go ahead and purchase now? I've seen the YouTube vid of the guy saying he had a hard time with his 10.3".

Also has anyone tried to fire 7N6 with this? I have an ammo fort of this stuff
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:53:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Mine came in today.

Is it advisable to range time it first and then mess with springs and bolt carriers or do I need to go ahead and purchase now? I've seen the YouTube vid of the guy saying he had a hard time with his 10.3".

View Quote

Order date? Order #?
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:55:26 PM EDT
[#31]
I've only experienced it when running as fast as I can. I think it could happen if just doing a double, but it would be much less likely.  
View All Quotes

Thank you.

How is the single, semi position trigger pull and weigt? I don't expect to have an excellent trigger that also has this ability, but would hope it is decent too.

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:56:31 PM EDT
[#32]

Mine came in today.

View Quote
I would probably go ahead and order an orange spring. It's not too much extra.

I doubt it works with 7N6. Primers will be to hard. It won't work on my 7.62x39 upper either.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:56:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HK_DUDE] [#33]
Originally Posted By wicketsurplus:

Order date? Order #?
View All Quotes
Mine came in today.

Order date? Order #?

Yes, how long from order to your door?

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:58:37 PM EDT
[#34]

Thank you.

How is the single, semi position trigger pull and weigt? I don't expect to have an excellent trigger that also has this ability, but would hope it is decent too.

View All Quotes

Thank you.

Smooth but overly heavy. Not worse than a mil spec trigger, but nothing special.

It sounds like the echo will have a nicer semi trigger.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 4:03:59 PM EDT
[#35]

I doubt it works with 7N6. Primers will be to hard. It won't work on my 7.62x39 upper either.
View All Quotes
Mine came in today.

Did you try with one of the enhanced firing pins?
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 4:07:20 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Mine came in today.

My 7.62x39 upper has an MGI bolt with their enhanced firing pin. It's larger diameter rather than longer.

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 4:11:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wicketsurplus] [#37]
My 7.62x39 upper has an MGI bolt with their enhanced firing pin. It's larger diameter rather than longer.  

View All Quotes
Mine came in today.

I have a 5.45 spikes upper I plan to try. I have never had any issues with standard mil-spec parts, or the S3G trigger. I have an enhanced FP to try if needed, which I think is a bit longer, I'll have to check to see.

Eta: I tried it with 7n6 both with standard and enhanced FP with negative results.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:05:39 PM EDT
[#38]

I have a 5.45 spikes upper I plan to try. I have never had any issues with standard mil-spec parts, or the S3G trigger. I have an enhanced FP to try if needed, which I think is a bit longer, I'll have to check to see.

Eta: I tried it with 7n6 both with standard and enhanced FP with negative results.
View All Quotes
Mine came in today.

Thanks for checking
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 2:43:58 PM EDT
[#39]
What's the wait time from ordered to door? Is there a wait or are then in stock?

I'm dying to order one, probably will tomorrow, but I will be moving to a new house within a month.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 2:55:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Smooth but overly heavy. Not worse than a mil spec trigger, but nothing special.  

View All Quotes

Thank you.

The ECHO is using hypefire tech in it and I think that maybe why the price is about 80 dollars more. I tried calling them because I wanted to know if they tuned their rifles to fire fast or not but I cant get anyone to answer. I'll try agian this week but I think I'm going to preorder one this week too. I want to see the differences between the FBS and the ECHO.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 3:02:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By GunSafe:

The ECHO is using hypefire tech in it and I think that maybe why the price is about 80 dollars more. I tried calling them because I wanted to know if they tuned their rifles to fire fast or not but I cant get anyone to answer. I'll try agian this week but I think I'm going to preorder one this week too. I want to see the differences between the FBS and the ECHO.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GunSafe:

Thank you.

Info? Echo is a franklin armory product?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 3:17:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Echo is fostech.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:59:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Marlboroman79:
What's the wait time from ordered to door? Is there a wait or are then in stock?

I'm dying to order one, probably will tomorrow, but I will be moving to a new house within a month.
View Quote

Order it to your new address. I guarantee it won't be in within a month. I ordered on 1/8 and haven't received a shipping confirmation but was told I was "ahead of the order rush."

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:48:13 PM EDT
[#44]

The ECHO is a fostech product. Both  the BFS and the ECHO do binary firing. The only differences that I can see so far( I don't have the ECHO yet) is the ECHO has a lighter semi auto trigger  and does not have an ambitious selector like the BFS from Franklin Armory. It's cost more too. Other than that I can only speculate the differences with hammer follow, hammer size, etc etc etc. The ECHO is scheduled for release in April but I think we will not see it until May. That's the way the firearms industry goes.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:07:25 PM EDT
[#45]
I successfully filed down my cmmg 22lr BCG today to work with the FA trigger.  I have only hand cycled it and did not have time to hit the range yet but will report back next week.  I started with a hand file but quickly changed to the Dremel and vice.  It really didnt take much to make it work and it hand cycles fine.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:21:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Light Weight AIM AR .223/5.56 Nitride MPI Bolt Carrier Group $117.95

http://sunnystateoutdoors.com/collections/featured-items/products/light-weight-aim-ar-223-5-56-nitride-mpi-bolt-carrier-group
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:12:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By onealphay2k:
Light Weight AIM AR .223/5.56 Nitride MPI Bolt Carrier Group $117.95

http://sunnystateoutdoors.com/collections/featured-items/products/light-weight-aim-ar-223-5-56-nitride-mpi-bolt-carrier-group
View Quote

Thanks, order placed. Now I have that behind me:)
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:53:14 PM EDT
[#48]
have mine ordered up order 35xx, itll be going in my 300 BO pistol. Just lots of waiting now. I did read through all 88 pages and am excited to try it out and tinker around with it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 1:11:58 PM EDT
[#49]
The Fostech Echo and the Franklin binary are two expensive gadgets. For just a bit more money you can buy an entire basic AR rifle. I like the concept and it probably allows for a fun shoot, but finding a gun range would allow for this type of firing would be difficult.
Before I would consider dishing out this type of money for a trigger like this:

1. The price would have to come down
2. The trigger would have to be a "drop in" unit like the TIMNEY  or be just as easy to install as my Geisele SSA/SSAe with NO adjustments or fitting..
3. Long term reliability of the components, pins springs and steel used would need to be proven.
4. Will the pull , take up and break, be as pleasing and as consistent as a target trigger?.
5.. Will the BATFE ruling hold?

After considering all the above, and deciding on the trigger, we then must consider that the life of any AR 15 barrel is limited. Especially so on the commercial rifles that use std 4140 steel barrels. After 1000-2000 rds. accuracy can be expected to tail off. At 5.000 rds  tight groups wont be there.  With these double fire triggers you could fire that many rounds in a couple of shoots.  I am a target shooter and strive for accuracy.  My conclusion (and this is just an opinion) ; all the facts are not in as yet, I don't relish changing barrels periodically, and with my  $200 Geisele trigger I can shoot as fast and as accurately as I wish. If need be you'd be surprised how fast I can move my finger.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#50]

The Fostech Echo and the Franklin binary are two expensive gadgets. For just a bit more money you can buy an entire basic AR rifle. I like the concept and it probably allows for a fun shoot, but finding a gun range would allow for this type of firing would be difficult.

Before I would consider dishing out this type of money for a trigger like this:

1. The price would have to come down

2. The trigger would have to be a "drop in" unit like the TIMNEY  or be just as easy to install as my Geisele SSA/SSAe with NO adjustments or fitting..

3. Long term reliability of the components, pins springs and steel used would need to be proven.

4. Will the pull , take up and break, be as pleasing and as consistent as a target trigger?.

5.. Will the BATFE ruling hold?

After considering all the above, and deciding on the trigger, we then must consider that the life of any AR 15 barrel is limited. Especially so on the commercial rifles that use std 4140 steel barrels. After 1000-2000 rds. accuracy can be expected to tail off. At 5.000 rds  tight groups wont be there.  With these double fire triggers you could fire that many rounds in a couple of shoots.  I am a target shooter and strive for accuracy.  My conclusion (and this is just an opinion) ; all the facts are not in as yet, I don't relish changing barrels periodically, and with my  $200 Geisele trigger I can shoot as fast and as accurately as I wish. If need be you'd be surprised how fast I can move my finger.
View Quote
$400 isn't that big of a deal.  Real MG's are $20,000.  I spent more on my first range trip than the trigger cost.  If you want to shoot full auto rates of fire, these work great and are cheap compared to the real deal.

Barrels aren't that hard to swap.  For close range shooting a barrel will last 10,000+ rds.  I didn't put this trigger in a high end barrel and I don't expect match accuracy from it.  It does work great for CQB ranges, quick double taps and full mag dumps into body sized targets.  It should also work well off a bipod working it like a LMG.

I may try one of the Echo triggers in my 308 build.  I was originally going to put a bumpstock on it, but 700RPM sustained seems like a good ROF and I won't have to have a sliding stock.

No matter how fast you can move your finger, you aren't going to hit 700+ RPM.  For a full mag, I doubt you can hit much over 450 RPM.
Page / 60
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top