Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 60
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 12:10:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CavScout8:
So much for using good trigger control and follow-through.
View Quote

Are you worried about that with an M249?

That's the niche this will fit into (at least IMO).  A poor man's SAW.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 12:25:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By RJeff21:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

An oppressed mans saw.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 2:46:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
Two very different types of shooting. If your worried about a gentle press and hearing the disco release while your inside a house your doing it wrong.  
View All Quotes
Two very different types of shooting. If your worried about a gentle press and hearing the disco release while your inside a house your doing it wrong.  

No door kickers will ever use anything like this. Unlike burst, there's a pause between shots with this. Also unlike burst, unless I missed something, you can tap a burst gun to get only one or two shots. With this, you fire and them have a shot that wants to fire.

Also, this would be a mistake to use for home defense. It would be hard to win a self defense case with this trigger.Like using black talon ammo with a bumpfire stock. I'm not saying it's illegal or wrong, just good luck with your appearance to your jury of 'peers.'
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 2:51:00 AM EDT
[#4]

View All Quotes

This is an AR15 tech forum, so I assumed it was an AR trigger pack. An AR isn't a SAW. A SAW can spit rounds because it is belt fed. I have time and rounds down range with 249's, and not anywhere near the same thing.

Actually, accuracy (even practical/combat type) requires good trigger control. That's why people under stress miss so badly.

Train as you fight?
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 2:51:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CavScout8] [#5]
Originally Posted By Tohbii:

An oppressed mans saw.
View All Quotes

An oppressed mans saw.

Oppressed AND poor.

There are civilian legal semi auto belt fed rifles. We use them at my work.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 4:11:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#6]

This is an AR15 tech forum, so I assumed it was an AR trigger pack. An AR isn't a SAW. A SAW can spit rounds because it is belt fed. I have time and rounds down range with 249's, and not anywhere near the same thing.

Actually, accuracy (even practical/combat type) requires good trigger control. That's why people under stress miss so badly.

Train as you fight?
View All Quotes

Train as you fight?

I have time and rounds down range with the M249 as well (admittedly, none on a two way range).  I never claimed this is a SAW, just a poor man's SAW.

Also, being a belt fed isn't a requirement for the "Squad Automatic Weapon" role as evidenced by the M27 IAR (which just so happens to be an AR pattern weapon).

As I stated, IMO, this trigger pack's niche would be in an AR that's set up and utilized in a suppressive fire role, where a slow proper trigger squeeze with proper follow through and reset isnt absolutely necessary.  It's really the only thing that makes sense to me.  Same as with jaqufrost's BumpSAW.

We can argue over how effective the trigger will work in that role or how practical it would actually be, but I was just sharing where I thought a trigger like this would shine, if it ever does at all.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 4:48:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Wangstang:
Cool concept....my prediction...If the second shot is fired by releasing the trigger from the first pull, this will die a quick death at the tech branch.

Wes
View Quote

I think there are shotguns called release trigger shotguns, that are apparently the cats meow for skeet that do this...
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 8:01:41 AM EDT
[#8]

No door kickers will ever use anything like this. Unlike burst, there's a pause between shots with this. Also unlike burst, unless I missed something, you can tap a burst gun to get only one or two shots. With this, you fire and them have a shot that wants to fire.

Also, this would be a mistake to use for home defense. It would be hard to win a self defense case with this trigger.Like using black talon ammo with a bumpfire stock. I'm not saying it's illegal or wrong, just good luck with your appearance to your jury of 'peers.'
View All Quotes

Their is only a pause if you want a pause. As long as your rifle is configured to cycle fast enough you can use it like a two round burst. In the videos they wait for release to show how it works. Any practical application would involve a quick cycle of the trigger giving two shots at ~800rpm. If you want a pause between shots use it in the primary single shot mode.

As far as self defense goes I would prefer a true machinegun. A good shoot is a good shoot, a mg or this trigger doesn't make it magically bad.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 8:41:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By fsjdw2:
I think there are shotguns called release trigger shotguns, that are apparently the cats meow for skeet that do this...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fsjdw2:

You, sir are correct..

Train as you fight?

I have time and rounds down range with the M249 as well (admittedly, none on a two way range).  I never claimed this is a SAW, just a poor man's SAW.

Also, being a belt fed isn't a requirement for the "Squad Automatic Weapon" role as evidenced by the M27 IAR (which just so happens to be an AR pattern weapon).

As I stated, IMO, this trigger pack's niche would be in an AR that's set up and utilized in a suppressive fire role, where a slow proper trigger squeeze with proper follow through and reset isnt absolutely necessary.  It's really the only thing that makes sense to me.  Same as with jaqufrost's BumpSAW.

We can argue over how effective the trigger will work in that role or how practical it would actually be, but I was just sharing where I thought a trigger like this would shine, if it ever does at all.

Who gives a shit about an operational setting? If someone gets a trigger like this it's because they damned well wanted it!
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 8:45:05 AM EDT
[#10]
~snip~  
As far as self defense goes I would prefer a true machinegun. A good shoot is a good shoot, a mg or this trigger doesn't make it magically bad.
View Quote

I prefer an M4. But totally agree with the rest..

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 8:26:39 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

I think ur over thinking it a smig, if ur in a true self defense situation i dont think they are gonna question why u shot 8 times instead of 7.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 9:05:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By xtreme762:

Who gives a shit about an operational setting? If someone gets a trigger like this it's because they damned well wanted it!

View Quote

I said I was in on this from the start.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 7:04:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:31:00 PM EDT
[#14]
They will just change the definition and we will continue to take it up the angus like we have done the last century.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:29:59 PM EDT
[#15]
bump for approvage
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:02:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By JSmithXYY:
bump for approvage
View Quote

This is taking too long.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:17:02 PM EDT
[#17]
It's the BATFE, fellas. Sit back, and relax for a couple more years. MAYBE we'll see something before the turn of the decade!
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 1:35:20 PM EDT
[#18]
They just posted this note in one of their FB posts about a new rifle:

"An optional upgrade available late July is the Binary Firing System for an additional $330"

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 1:44:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By Muad:

"An optional upgrade available late July is the Binary Firing System for an additional $330"
View Quote

Sounds like it's getting closer!
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 2:53:33 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Given the track record of firearm manufacturers in general, this means sometime between July and never.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 3:37:13 PM EDT
[#21]
this setup has been around for a long time in the competitive shotgun world. Known as a "release trigger". it was intended to solve the flinching problems some shooters develop. the over and under guns  can be setup as release-release, pull-release, or release-pull  however the shooter desires. Many claim the release is superior over the standard pull trigger.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 7:12:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tohbii] [#22]
Im really wanting this trigger right about now.

Wish there was more details. i understand the ATF does whatever they want and takes as long as they want.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 7:13:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By williewvr:

Given the track record of firearm manufacturers in general, this means sometime between July and never.
View All Quotes

Give them a chance to make some fucking gun parts..... If you were in a position to come out with a new product that required ATF's unreliable blessing, would you invest tens of thousands of dollars on it if it wasn't a sure thing?
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 7:16:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By TheOtherDave:

Give them a chance to make some fucking gun parts..... If you were in a position to come out with a new product that required ATF's unreliable blessing, would you invest tens of thousands of dollars on it if it wasn't a sure thing?
View All Quotes

Just to make you angry, im going to say yes.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 7:26:47 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm still wondering how hard it would be to make an AK version.

I'm also hoping that FB post doesn't mean that the first batch of these trigger are going to be going solely to their rifles. That would be a mistake IMO.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 8:41:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By trenchgun:
this setup has been around for a long time in the competitive shotgun world. Known as a "release trigger". it was intended to solve the flinching problems some shooters develop. the over and under guns  can be setup as release-release, pull-release, or release-pull  however the shooter desires. Many claim the release is superior over the standard pull trigger.
View Quote

Could they maybe justify that but not this trigger since it has two barrels and firing only one shot per barrel per pull? Just curious what you guys think.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 10:39:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Yote7:

Could they maybe justify that but not this trigger since it has two barrels and firing only one shot per barrel per pull? Just curious what you guys think.
View All Quotes

probably not since an F trooper once testified in court that he would charge someone w/ MG possession if one function of the trigger discharged both barrels

It might have been the same gun who said a "void of air" is a machine gun too I dunno.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 10:49:34 AM EDT
[#28]

probably not since an F trooper once testified in court that he would charge someone w/ MG possession if one function of the trigger discharged both barrels

It might have been the same gun who said a "void of air" is a machine gun too I dunno.
View All Quotes

this setup has been around for a long time in the competitive shotgun world. Known as a "release trigger". it was intended to solve the flinching problems some shooters develop. the over and under guns can be setup as release-release, pull-release, or release-pull however the shooter desires. Many claim the release is superior over the standard pull trigger.

Ok, I need a link to this "void of air" machine gun. LOL.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 11:49:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JSmithXYY] [#29]
It had to do w/ drilling a HK receiver for an auto sear.  I have heard about it here but i don't have a link.  The jist of it is that the hole was the machine gun.  I think the notion was that the hole in the receiver was a second machine gun in addition to the registered hk auto sear or someitng...

In the letter, the ftrooper actually said "void of air is the machine gun" lol

That along w/ the shoe string machine gun are the all time greats, well along w/ the shouldering the sig brace ting
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 12:30:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By wagonwheel1:
Training and muscle memory what it is, this sounds dangerous as all h*ll. Releasing  a trigger to fire off a round ? What could go wrong ?

If I want a fast trigger I'll get an S3G or similar.
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 12:59:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By 9divdoc:

Yep
View All Quotes
Training and muscle memory what it is, this sounds dangerous as all h*ll. Releasing  a trigger to fire off a round ? What could go wrong ?

Yep

"I support the second amendment.........unless the trigger of the gun fires a round on release. Then itz scary and it should be totally not allowed"

Some people on this website are like non jewish german citizens.

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 1:02:56 PM EDT
[#32]

"I support the second amendment.........unless the trigger of the gun fires a round on release. Then itz scary and it should be totally not allowed"

View All Quotes

Yep

I'm pretty sure they said nothing about how it shouldn't be allowed.

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 3:48:09 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

Hell hath no fury like a grown man denied a toy..
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 11:17:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 10:50:41 AM EDT
[#35]
As of May 10th (via a FB post):

"Target is an msrp of $330. Atf made us change one thing. We've made that change, and are getting a second review. It should not be a federally regulated item.".

They seem pretty hopeful that the ATF will respond quickly to the change.

I'm hoping this does get approved, and released soon. I shot the 3MR when it was first released, and thought it was cool, but expensive.

This is much more affordable. I'm just curious as to how awkward it will be firing it for the first time.

Link Posted: 5/12/2015 1:59:04 PM EDT
[#36]
As of May 10th (via a FB post):

"Target is an msrp of $330. Atf made us change one thing. We've made that change, and are getting a second review. It should not be a federally regulated item.".

They seem pretty hopeful that the ATF will respond quickly to the change.

I'm hoping this does get approved, and released soon. I shot the 3MR when it was first released, and thought it was cool, but expensive.

This is much more affordable. I'm just curious as to how awkward it will be firing it for the first time.

View Quote

What was the "one change?"

Does it still use the safety selector to select fire on pull or fire on pull & release?  Because that's what is attractive to me.  Would be a nice feature if it is selectable like it was originally.

THAT would be worth $300ish for me.  Otherwise, it's not.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:21:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mr_Smiley] [#37]
Bump.

Any updates?

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:51:22 PM EDT
[#38]
also interested
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:59:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Mr_Smiley:
Bump.

Any updates?

View Quote

Late June/Early July is the expected date, per the manufacturer.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:39:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Hopefully this will make it to the market.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:08:19 AM EDT
[#41]

Originally Posted By 50cal:

Hopefully this will make it to the market.
View Quote

They are pretty confident it will. They've already started listing it as an option on their website ($330).

Link Posted: 6/6/2015 3:19:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Im starting to lose hope
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Im starting to lose hope
View Quote

Well if it comes out great... If not I won't lose any sleep.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 5:41:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 1:13:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Ttt
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 11:56:51 PM EDT
[#46]

Originally Posted By M4Tank:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M4Tank:

Im starting to lose hope

Well I'll probably lose a ton...

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 9:25:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Muad] [#47]
What's interesting is that the BFS is not listed on their website any longer...

It was listed as an option with all of their rifles, now it's gone...

I hope that doesn't mean the ATF shut them down on the BFS

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 9:31:07 AM EDT
[#48]
got my eye on this!
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 9:51:26 AM EDT
[#49]
What's interesting is that the BFS is not listed on their website any longer...

It was listed as an option with all of their rifles, not it's gone...

I hope that doesn't mean the ATF shut them down on the BFS

View Quote

That sucks.

It would be nice if they told use what the reason was.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 6:03:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 60
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top