Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 2020tactical:
Thanks man. Waiting to hear about the other trigger
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 2020tactical:

Originally Posted By 1iviper:

emb876 and spector --- the gun in that video has an 11.5" carbine gas barrel , aim lightweight bolt carrier , sprinco red spring and a carbine buffer.

if my math is correct i was getting around 750 rpm that night on average.  with a suppressor it added too much back pressure and i had 3 or 4 bud engagements in 6 mags , the added back pressure definitely sped up the rate of fire though  i'm going to take it back out with the can and add some mass back either with a heavier carrier or bump the buffer weight up a bit to try and find a sweet spot suppressed.  i took the bfs out of that gun tonight and put it back in my retro lower though so it might be a couple of weeks before i get that gun back out with the bfs.  i'm hoping to get my commando back to the range tomorrow with the lightweight carrier to see how much quicker it can empty a mag than with a full mass carrier.  

has anyone here run an aluminum or really lightweight carrier with the bfs ?  

Thanks man. Waiting to hear about the other trigger
me too , hopefully they start shipping soon.  

i took my commando back out to the range last night with the aim lightweight carrier , i needed to bump the buffer up to an h2 with the red sprinco spring.  it ran pretty good but i'm going to try a few more buffer/spring combos with it.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 6:41:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: B585] [#2]
looks like it's running good with the suppressor

the light primer strikes will happen by a round getting chambered , pretty normal.  dropping the bolt and having a round ignite isn't normal though.  i would give franklin armory a call and see what they say if they did the install.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By B585:
First time running this thing....I know, I forgot to put my eyes on....was thinking about making the vid and got distracted.

https://youtu.be/c9El_zxODak

I had Franklin do the install.  The first several shots in Semi mode, I got a dead trigger after the shot...when I ejected the bullet, I found a light strike.  It worked better in Binary mode for me at first.  I know in the instructions from Franklin, they say to change to Semi when changing mags.  One time I forgot to and I got a bit of a surprise when I hit the bolt release and the gun fired.

the light primer strikes will happen by a round getting chambered , pretty normal.  dropping the bolt and having a round ignite isn't normal though.  i would give franklin armory a call and see what they say if they did the install.

In the beginning, in Semi mode, I would shoot once and then pull the trigger and nothing would happen.  When I ejected the bullet (which was chambered) it would have a light strike.  I am pretty sure I tried pulling the trigger and nothing happened so I assume the problem was not the BDS .  I guess it is possible I wasn't pulling hard enough to release the BDS.  What else could have caused this (other than I guess it needed broken it)?

In regards to the gun firing when I released the bolt.  maybe I am reading this wrong, but according to he manual, if the BDS engaged on the last round and you then pulled the trigger, the BDS will disengage and the Binary Disconnector would engage.  Once you released the trigger, the Binary Disconnector would disengage.  At this point, nothing would be holding the hammer back except the bolt being open.  If you then release the bolt, the hammer will follow and strike the firing pin.  Is that not right?   What I thought happened is when the mag was empty, I pulled the trigger again because I thought maybe the BDS engaged....initially, I experienced a lot of jams in both the semi in binary mode.  Anyways, my pulling the trigger again (before I loaded the new mag but while the bolt was still locked open) is what allowed this to happen (along with the BDS happening to engage on my last round).  Is that possible if everything is functioning normally?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:12:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By B585
In the beginning, in Semi mode, I would shoot once and then pull the trigger and nothing would happen.  When I ejected the bullet (which was chambered) it would have a light strike.  I am pretty sure I tried pulling the trigger and nothing happened so I assume the problem was not the BDS .  I guess it is possible I wasn't pulling hard enough to release the BDS.  What else could have caused this (other than I guess it needed broken it)?

In regards to the gun firing when I released the bolt.  maybe I am reading this wrong, but according to he manual, if the BDS engaged on the last round and you then pulled the trigger, the BDS will disengage and the Binary Disconnector would engage.  Once you released the trigger, the Binary Disconnector would disengage.  At this point, nothing would be holding the hammer back except the bolt being open.  If you then release the bolt, the hammer will follow and strike the firing pin.  Is that not right?   What I thought happened is when the mag was empty, I pulled the trigger again because I thought maybe the BDS engaged....initially, I experienced a lot of jams in both the semi in binary mode.  Anyways, my pulling the trigger again (before I loaded the new mag but while the bolt was still locked open) is what allowed this to happen (along with the BDS happening to engage on my last round).  Is that possible if everything is functioning normally?
View Quote
 It sounds like there is either an installation issue or an issue with that carrier pto file working with our hammer.  If you'd like an RMA #, call our office tomorrow.  I'm curious to see it because something doesn't make sense and will likely make be remedied when it is in hand.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:26:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1iviper] [#4]

View All Quotes

First time running this thing....I know, I forgot to put my eyes on....was thinking about making the vid and got distracted.
https://youtu.be/c9El_zxODak
I had Franklin do the install.  The first several shots in Semi mode, I got a dead trigger after the shot...when I ejected the bullet, I found a light strike.  It worked better in Binary mode for me at first.  I know in the instructions from Franklin, they say to change to Semi when changing mags.  One time I forgot to and I got a bit of a surprise when I hit the bolt release and the gun fired.

your slam fire situation still sounds odd to me.  once the last round is fired and the bolt locks back the back up disconnector should be engaged i believe.  even if you pull the trigger with the bolt locked back and the bud engaged it should do nothing.  once you load a fresh mag and drop the bolt the bud should still be engaged.  from here you could disengage the bud with the trigger pull and the first shot would fire on the release of the trigger from the binary disconnector.   or you could move the selector to the semi position which would  disengage the bud , then move the selector back to the binary position and the first shot would fire from the trigger pull and not the release.

edit to add :  beaten by FA with a response , that's some pretty good CS

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 2:07:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By franklinarmory:
 It sounds like there is either an installation issue or an issue with that carrier pto file working with our hammer.  If you'd like an RMA #, call our office tomorrow.  I'm curious to see it because something doesn't make sense and will likely make be remedied when it is in hand.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By B585

I appreciate your prompt response.  I am glad to hear that the slam fire is not normal because it is definitely unnerving for you gun to fire when no force is being exerted on the trigger.   In any case, I am going to take a closer look at the trigger in the next few days to see if I can figure what happened.  If I can't figure it out, I will give Franklin a call.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 11:05:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Fostech said the first shipment of Echos should begin early June.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 11:03:20 AM EDT
[#7]
The date keeps getting pushed back.  I wonder what is wrong.  Have any reviewers (besides Iraqi Vet) have had any trigger time?
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 11:08:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: onealphay2k] [#8]
The date keeps getting pushed back.  I wonder what is wrong.  Have any reviewers (besides Iraqi Vet) have had any trigger time?
View Quote

Why don't you give them a call and ask them?  Let us know what they say.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 5:21:49 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Its not like you guys did not do the same Nothing is released in this industry when they say its going to be
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 8:02:40 PM EDT
[#10]
My LGS just got some of these triggers in...may have to check one out.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 3:09:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By GunSafe:

Its not like you guys did not do the same Nothing is released in this industry when they say its going to be
View All Quotes

Actually we started shipping on time.  However, the volume was more than anticipated, and some deliveries have taken a lot longer than we had hoped.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 8:59:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I just got mine installed recently. It passes all the dry fire tests, and it feels great. I have a 14.5 mid-length, ST-T2 buffer and spring, and WMD full auto bcg. Do you think it will work okay, or do I need to lighten things up and/or get a stronger spring?
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 9:35:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1iviper] [#13]

Originally Posted By spoof145:

I just got mine installed recently. It passes all the dry fire tests, and it feels great. I have a 14.5 mid-length, ST-T2 buffer and spring, and WMD full auto bcg. Do you think it will work okay, or do I need to lighten things up and/or get a stronger spring?
View Quote
should run fine

lightening the mass will help speed up the rate of fire.  you could swap out the st-t2 for a regular carbine buffer to shave a bit of weight off

it will all be in how fast you try to work the trigger.  with that much weight you'll prob be able to outrun the carrier if you try to

Link Posted: 5/19/2016 5:54:11 PM EDT
[#14]

it will all be in how fast you try to work the trigger.  with that much weight you'll prob be able to outrun the carrier if you try to

View Quote

That's what I'm wondering. How light of a BCG and Buffer combo do I need to eliminate the hammer follow issue?
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 2:35:11 AM EDT
[#15]

That's what I'm wondering. How light of a BCG and Buffer combo do I need to eliminate the hammer follow issue?
View All Quotes

it's hard to say , along with the weight of the reciprocating mass the length of the gas system and amount of gas , gas port size , are important also.  
i've run the bfs with two 11.5" carbine gas barrels and they both like different set ups.  most likely from different gas port sizes.  

most people seem to be having good success with a lightweight carrier and an extra power spring.  i run aim lightweight carriers and sprinco red springs , one with a carbine buffer and one with an h2.

Link Posted: 5/20/2016 9:44:05 AM EDT
[#16]
It looks like the ATF finally approved the BFS!

From Franklin's FB page:

"SPECIAL NRA ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

WE FINALLY GOT OUR LETTER!

After over 11 months of waiting, ATF finally replied to us regarding the BFS. They stated that our prototype was legal, and they would like to review our current production model that has a slightly different hammer contour, heat treat specification, and finish."

Link Posted: 5/20/2016 3:21:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunSafe] [#17]
Originally Posted By Muad:

From Franklin's FB page:

After over 11 months of waiting, ATF finally replied to us regarding the BFS. They stated that our prototype was legal, and they would like to review our current production model that has a slightly different hammer contour, heat treat specification, and finish."

View Quote

finally but what will the wait be on the production model? I wonder if will post the first letter for us
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 11:04:11 PM EDT
[#18]
AIM LIGHTWEIGHT NIB BCGs BACK IN STOCK!!!!

$129
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 2:31:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Supperman] [#19]
I got to play with my Franklin Armory BFS pistol AR15 today! It's running the 11.5" PSA upper and I now have it tuned perfectly with a lightweight AIM BCG + a nice strong spring and my GAWWWD it runs like a raped ape!

Double Taps were flawless, and I could not outrun the BCG no matter how hard I tried. Mag dumping was downright scary with how quickly 30 & 60 rounds were depleted....several times I had to check the mags and chamber to verify that there was no jam or BCG outrun, because that's just how faaaaaast the magazines were emptied!

I have an Echo on order, so it will be interesting to see how they stack up!

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:54:42 AM EDT
[#20]

Originally Posted By Supperman:

I got to play with my Franklin Armory BFS pistol AR15 today! It's running the 11.5" PSA upper and I now have it tuned perfectly with a lightweight AIM BCG + a nice strong spring and my GAWWWD it runs like a raped ape!

Double Taps were flawless, and I could not outrun the BCG no matter how hard I tried. Mag dumping was downright scary with how quickly 30 & 60 rounds were depleted....several times I had to check the mags and chamber to verify that there was no jam or BCG outrun, because that's just how faaaaaast the magazines were emptied!

http://s1.postimg.org/5qr4azmn3/mac_an_cheeze.jpg
View Quote

That's awesome!

Oh, and does that Adam's work good for lube?

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 12:07:37 PM EDT
[#21]
LMAO^^^^^  no the Adams does not work well for gun lube....however, the BFS did quench my desire for a FA M16, which saves me about $20-$30k so there is that
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 12:15:48 PM EDT
[#22]

LMAO^^^^^  no the Adams does not work well for gun lube....however, the BFS did quench my desire for a FA M16, which saves me about $20-$30k so there is that
View Quote

Hahaha, sorry, I just had too mention it. I've known the smell of Adam's since I was a small boy; grandparents raised labs for 30+ years.

Yeah, the BFS is MUCH cheaper than the alternatives if you are into mag dumps and simulated FA fire. It's a lot of fun, but man does it burn through the ammo reserves fast.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 4:51:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Supperman] [#23]

Hahaha, sorry, I just had too mention it. I've known the smell of Adam's since I was a small boy; grandparents raised labs for 30+ years.

Yeah, the BFS is MUCH cheaper than the alternatives if you are into mag dumps and simulated FA fire. It's a lot of fun, but man does it burn through the ammo reserves fast.

View All Quotes

I bought it for the double taps, which it does perfectly...and the mag dump speed is icing on top.  Your not kidding about depleted ammo, we burnt through 400 rounds quick!

We have attack chiauauahahaszzz...the Adams keeps them tame!
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:30:39 PM EDT
[#24]
So what's the best trigger to go with? Fostech or Franklin?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:17:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Supperman] [#25]
Originally Posted By SigJoe:
So what's the best trigger to go with? Fostech or Franklin?
View Quote

The Fostech is not out yet, so we can't compare.

From my understanding, the Fostech has a better semi-auto trigger and selector switch.  The Fostech also does not over run the BCG.  However, the Fostech can't be tuned to have as high ROF as a well tuned BFS.....

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 5:34:56 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
good to hear it's running tits for you, is the psa a 10.5" or 11.5" upper

hopefully fostech will start shipping some echo triggers soon so we can finally get some end user comparisons

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:46:46 AM EDT
[#27]

hopefully fostech will start shipping some echo triggers soon so we can finally get some end user comparisons

View All Quotes

10.5" and its loudiddly!
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:31:30 PM EDT
[#28]

From Franklin's FB page:

View Quote

They told me on book of face that they would release the next ATF letter for the current production model. I think it would help a few of us ,who have questioned about the legality of the BFS , to release the current letter.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 1:33:35 PM EDT
[#29]

They told me on book of face that they would release the next ATF letter for the current production model. I think it would help a few of us ,who have questioned about the legality of the BFS , to release the current letter.
View All Quotes

From Franklin's FB page:

I'd call them if that's what you're looking for.

As for the legality, IMHO, there is no question here. However, I'm just a "lowly citizen", and IANAL.

I'm sure Franklin will release the letter ASAP.

On the subject of letters, I asked Fostech if they could give me a copy of theirs to have on file when the ECHO I ordered arrives, and I got crickets. They responded to my other questions, however nothing after a follow-up email asking for a copy of the ATF determination letter. I found that odd.

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 3:48:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunSafe] [#30]

As for the legality, IMHO, there is no question here. However, I'm just a "lowly citizen", and IANAL.

On the subject of letters, I asked Fostech if they could give me a copy of theirs to have on file when the ECHO I ordered arrives, and I got crickets. They responded to my other questions, however nothing after a follow-up email asking for a copy of the ATF determination letter. I found that odd.

View All Quotes

From Franklin's FB page:

Fostech is not going to release the letter until they release the product. They will probably include a copy with the order and the post it with the other letters on the fostech website.

I've had two people question me on the legality of the bfs trigger. It ends with a " yeah right but you dont have a letter"
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 5:40:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Muad] [#31]

Fostech is not going to release the letter until they release the product. They will probably include a copy with the order and the post it with the other letters on the fostech website.

I've had two people question me on the legality of the bfs trigger. It ends with a " yeah right but you dont have a letter"
View All Quotes

From Franklin's FB page:

I get what you're saying, but the product was already released and they've taken preorders. I figured since they already have the letter, and the deposit money I gave them, that sending a copy to me wouldn't be a big deal. Or, at the very least, reply to my questions. Oh well.

As to your two people. Simply reply that a free man needs not a "letter" from the looters in order to excersise his freedom. Then, proceed to do a mag dump... Pew, pew, pew, pew, pew!!

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:38:00 PM EDT
[#32]
I just called yesterday and I placed my order in early April and the nice lady told me to expect delivery in Oct' 2016.  LOL ... Damn... Glad I already have the BFS.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 10:36:05 PM EDT
[#33]
I get what you're saying, but the product was already released and they've taken preorders. I figured since they already have the letter, and the deposit money I gave them, that sending a copy to me wouldn't be a big deal. Or, at the very least, reply to my questions. Oh well.

As to your two people. Simply reply that a free man needs not a "letter" from the looters in order to excersise his freedom. Then, proceed to do a mag dump... Pew, pew, pew, pew, pew!!

View All Quotes

From Franklin's FB page:

yeah but you never know who they might be
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:26:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Muad] [#34]

View All Quotes

Ha, good point.

I will say this about the first three mode trigger I played with (3MR). At SHOT one year they were handing out copies of their ATF letter that was printed on a small card, about the size of a credit card. I still have the one they gave me. It was a great idea, that way you could easily keep it with you at all times.

Hint, hint Franklin and FosTech..

Link Posted: 5/30/2016 11:02:54 PM EDT
[#35]
after trying to make a spare kac lever fit the bfs cam without any luck i found a lever on one of my other guns that screwed right on without any modification.   i think it is either an old  spikes or cmmg ambi safety that the lever came off of.  it looks much better on a retro gun than the factory lever.

2 bfs triggers waiting to get to the range as soon as i get some spare time

Link Posted: 6/1/2016 11:01:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Went to the range again yesterday, took my BFS AR15 pistol and Lage Max-11a1. Both firearms functioned perfectly and were a ton of fun.

I let a couple people try both of em out and judging by faces + reactions, the  BFS is right up there on par in giggle factor with real F/A.   Everybody who was shooting an AR15 at the range now wants a BFS
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 5:13:35 PM EDT
[#37]
after trying to make a spare kac lever fit the bfs cam without any luck i found a lever on one of my other guns that screwed right on without any modification.   i think it is either an old  spikes or cmmg ambi safety that the lever came off of.  it looks much better on a retro gun than the factory lever.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/1iviper/IMG_3068_zpsfnfoiqzc.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/1iviper/IMG_3072_zpsuam1kave.jpg      
View Quote

AWESOME retro selector
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 5:43:49 PM EDT
[#38]

Originally Posted By skytrooper01:
AWESOME retro selector
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By skytrooper01:

AWESOME retro selector
thanks man , all the time i spent trying to make the kac lever work and that one just screwed right on
i ended up with some spare time in the middle of the day yesterday so i took both rifles out to get rid of some excess ammo i had laying around

it was a good afternoon

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:11:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: arvi007] [#39]
Installed BFS in a Spikes Tactical ( Calico Jack ) lower. Setup is a 10.5" 5.56 SBR with Troy PDW stock.

It was drop in and only had to file the bottom housing lips to line up the pins. Shoots great. Took a couple mags to get the hang of it. Here is my buddy shooting it 3rd mag.
Pic of my SBR before the BFS install.

Youtube
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0mLNPfXks4[/youtube]

Link Posted: 6/7/2016 10:43:13 AM EDT
[#40]

Originally Posted By arvi007:

Installed BFS in a Spikes Tactical ( Calico Jack ) lower. Setup is a 10.5" 5.56 SBR with Troy PDW stock.

It was drop in and only had to file the bottom housing lips to line up the pins. Shoots great. Took a couple mags to get the hang of it. Here is my buddy shooting it 3rd mag.

Pic of my SBR before the BFS install.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i280/arvi007/SBR_zpsp6rjntyn.jpg

Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0mLNPfXks4

View Quote
great looking gun , looks like she's running good

Link Posted: 6/7/2016 12:28:17 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Did you figure out the manufacturer of that selector? I'm an OCD cloner and can't put anything other that exact specs on shit.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 2:42:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: js1977] [#42]
I know there's a million video's on it now, but figured I'd share mine suppressed while at the range today.  The smoke is from the suppressor, it had a little piece of melted plastic from the table it was resting on, haha!

http://vid788.photobucket.com/albums/yy166/jimmys120/1B39E006-01E0-4BB0-AA24-98D8285BD4B4_zpsc8k4gl1j.mp4

Link Posted: 6/7/2016 3:11:28 PM EDT
[#43]

Originally Posted By js1977:

I know there's a million video's on it now, but figured I'd share mine suppressed while at the range today.  The smoke is from the suppressor, it had a little piece of melted plastic from the table it was resting on, haha!

http://vid788.photobucket.com/albums/yy166/jimmys120/1B39E006-01E0-4BB0-AA24-98D8285BD4B4_zpsc8k4gl1j.mp4

View Quote

Nice!

Looks like you had some fun.

Will add to the OP ASAP.

Link Posted: 6/7/2016 7:50:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: d13s3l] [#44]

View Quote

nice
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 7:57:53 PM EDT
[#45]
what is general consensus on getting 22lr kits to run?
mod back edge of bolt?
anything else?
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 9:01:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By d13s3l:
what is general consensus on getting 22lr kits to run?
mod back edge of bolt?
anything else?
View Quote

Start with just that. If you have problems after that, post back. I had problems with primer strikes until I cut the rail on the CMMG conversion kit to make room for the wide hammer on the BFS to move without grinding.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 10:34:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By HKPDW:
Fostech said the first shipment of Echos should begin early June.
View Quote

Fostech said the first shipment of Echos should begin early October.

Something about heat treating a trigger...

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 11:14:54 PM EDT
[#48]

Originally Posted By dfd277:
Did you figure out the manufacturer of that selector? I'm an OCD cloner and can't put anything other that exact specs on shit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dfd277:

no i never figured it out.  i want to say it was from a cmmg selector but i have spikes tactical baggie for an ambi selector that has the lmt selector that was in that gun in it in my parts box.  

here's a pic of the back of the selector , maybe someone will be able to tell us

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 11:16:17 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote
sweet , what setup were you running with the suppressor ?  carrier , buffer , spring ?

Link Posted: 6/12/2016 2:20:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 60
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top