Link Posted: 8/18/2015 3:42:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tohbii:
Fingers still crossed
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 8:04:42 PM EDT
[#2]
UPDATE: they posted a update on their facebook saying they are testing their binary fire system on the weekend of august 21st.

This must mean its been approved right? As if they are testing the production trigger for last minute checks prior to mass production? Other wise they wouldnt be able to legally manufacture one to torture test. Right?
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 8:08:48 PM EDT
[#3]
UPDATE: they posted a update on their facebook saying they are testing their binary fire system on the weekend of august 21st.

This must mean its been approved right? As if they are testing the production trigger for last minute checks prior to mass production? Other wise they wouldnt be able to legally manufacture one to torture test. Right?
View Quote

I will enforce your position and hopefulness blindly in order to bolster my own optimism.

Yes!  You must be right!  2 weeks!

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 8:17:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By Kuraki:
I will enforce your position and hopefulness blindly in order to bolster my own optimism.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Agreed

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:35:51 PM EDT
[#5]
if we believe it, it will be...
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:40:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Ah hell, I completely forgot ALL about this trigger.

I gave up, I ended up buying a SSA-E which is absolutely BAD ASS!

To the guys at Franklin, if you read this anyway, next time I would wait til you got your approval, and production is started before releasing info. It's not even out yet and I already don't care anymore.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:33:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Roadblock:

To the guys at Franklin, if you read this anyway, next time I would wait til you got your approval, and production is started before releasing info. It's not even out yet and I already don't care anymore.

View All Quotes

You forgot?  Because you already told us, and it still doesn't make any sense.

When people introduce these new triggers they REALLY should wait until everything's approved and production has started. I've moved on, just bought an SSA today.

What does buying an SSA have to do with this trigger?  I have a Geissele or CMC in every AR I own.  I still want one of these.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 5:36:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh boy, here we go!

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 5:47:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Awesome!!!

Not looking fwd to the $350 I'm guessing they are going to be...
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 6:19:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Awesome!
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 6:38:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Shut up and take my money!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 7:37:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SD307] [#12]
ok I'm curious
this fires one round on the pull & one on the release, correct
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 7:44:47 PM EDT
[#13]
That is what some have made it sound like, but that means you would always fire at least two rounds and that might not be the right thing to do at that point.  I think I will read the actual information from the release and go from there.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 7:48:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Pandaz3:
That is what some have made it sound like, but that means you would always fire at least two rounds and that might not be the right thing to do at that point.  I think I will read the actual information from the release and go from there.
View Quote

I believe it only does that when the selector is moved to the 3rd (normally full auto) position.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 7:54:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By SD307:
ok I'm curious
this fires one round on the pull & one on the release, correct
View Quote

It is three position.
Safe, Semi, Two round

In the two round mode you can fire one round switch the level and not fire the second round if you want.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 7:56:17 PM EDT
[#16]
That sounds better to me.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 8:09:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:06:04 PM EDT
[#18]
I really don't think it's going to be the trigger. Why would you need a stamp?
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:08:46 PM EDT
[#19]
A full automatic firearm needs a Tax Stamp a near full auto does not.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:24:32 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 11:20:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By emb876:

Exactly.
View All Quotes

Exactly.

Alright hold on, if they are going to market that trigger that way i could see this going the way of the sig brace realfast.

Doesnt the ATF explicitly state that you cannot do something to skirt the NFA laws?
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 12:11:22 AM EDT
[#22]

Alright hold on, if they are going to market that trigger that way i could see this going the way of the sig brace realfast.

Doesnt the ATF explicitly state that you cannot do something to skirt the NFA laws?
View All Quotes

Exactly.

It's not skirting the NFA, it's in line with what the law says. One shot per action of the trigger is semi automatic, no matter how high the rate of fire or how similar it is to FA. Otherwise, anybody with a hand crank M1919 or Gatlin gun would be screwed.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 1:14:15 AM EDT
[#23]
I can only blame them so much, but I bet they want a fortune for them too.
Regular "good" triggers are bad enough as it is.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 1:33:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By wolfwalker:
I can only blame them so much, but I bet they want a fortune for them too.
Regular "good" triggers are bad enough as it is.
View Quote

Yeah i think this trigger is going to become insanely popular.

They are gonna be rich as fuck.

Theyre gonna wake up in a new bugati
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 2:13:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MaverickAA] [#25]
Originally Posted By Nameless_Hobo:

It's not skirting the NFA, it's in line with what the law says. One shot per action of the trigger is semi automatic, no matter how high the rate of fire or how similar it is to FA. Otherwise, anybody with a hand crank M1919 or Gatlin gun would be screwed.
View All Quotes

Exactly.

Depends on WHO'S definition of "action" you use. One could say that an "action" is the pull of the trigger, and the "release" is not an action at all (you could slide your finger off the trigger if you want to, can you consider that a "forward action of the trigger"? No. That would be considered the trigger automatically returning to rest (under spring assist) and, in this case, firing (without your action at all), thus making it auto fire.
I really don't think they've thought this through. Perhaps I could buy the "per action" if the trigger has no return spring, and required you to MANUALLY (key word) move the trigger BOTH directions (in other words, NO trigger spring to return forward) to get fire on BOTH directions (which is probably how ATF will unapproved).
They key question (for both legal and liability reasons) IS: if you slip your finger OFF the trigger before return motion... will it still fire? The answer is YES here. Thus you did not take that "action" (manual manipulation of the trigger) yet the rifle will fire anyway (upon trigger return). Even a FA will not fire without your input (trigger press). This version would fire (the 2nd shot) whether your finger is still on the trigger with forward movement or NOT. Not good (both legally and liability wise). Food for thought.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 2:25:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By MaverickAA:

Depends on WHO'S definition of "action" you use. One could say that an "action" is the pull of the trigger, and the "release" is not an action at all (you could slide your finger off the trigger if you want to, can you consider that a "forward action of the trigger"? No. That would be considered the trigger automatically returning to rest (under spring assist) and, in this case, firing (without your action at all), thus making it auto fire.
I really don't think they've thought this through. Perhaps I could buy the "per action" if the trigger has no return spring, and required you to MANUALLY (key word) move the trigger BOTH directions (in other words, NO trigger spring to return forward) to get fire on BOTH directions (which is probably how ATF will unapproved).
They key question (for both legal and liability reasons) IS: if you slip your finger OFF the trigger before return motion... will it still fire? The answer is YES here. Thus you did not take that "action" (manual manipulation of the trigger) yet the rifle will fire anyway (upon trigger return). Even a FA will not fire without your input (trigger press). This version would fire (the 2nd shot) whether your finger is still on the trigger with forward movement or NOT. Not good (both legally and liability wise). Food for thought.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MaverickAA:

Exactly.

You  can try to wrestle it into being an automatic all you want, but the ATF and the entire gun industry has used the definition I described above for decades. "binary fire" triggers are NOT new, and have been accepted as legal since at least the 80s that I know of.
It's not a machine gun, and unless something that has been accepted as legal for a long, long time changes, it's not going to be a machine gun.
I have no idea why so many people in this thread are bound and determined to figure out some way to call this a machine gun when it clearly isn't.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 3:00:16 AM EDT
[#27]
We are eating our own. Here we go with the letter just like with the Brace. FFS
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 11:56:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By zoe17:
We are eating our own. Here we go with the letter just like with the Brace. FFS
View Quote

Well said.  Lot of folks seem to have forgotten, or never known, that one can get away with quite a lot
if they just keep their mouths shut.  Even regarding a product being publicly sold.  
Curse of the internet I guess.

Link Posted: 9/15/2015 2:47:28 PM EDT
[#29]
What are they waiting for 11:59?  

Link Posted: 9/15/2015 4:25:27 PM EDT
[#30]
What are they waiting for 11:59?  

http://cdn.toucharcade.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
View Quote

ive been watching their website and facebook all day, nothing!
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Me too. Literally card in hand.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 4:45:36 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

I'm getting vertigo flipping between their website and the one I am going to buy an ARES Shrike off of if this comes true...
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By RockHard13F:
I'm getting vertigo flipping between their website and the one I am going to buy an ARES Shrike off of if this comes true...
View All Quotes

This style of trigger would be pretty sweet in an RPD too.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 4:58:31 PM EDT
[#34]
commeeeeee onnnnn
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 5:01:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Still waiting .....although something tells me arfcom is gonna melt their website when it's released
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 5:14:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#36]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:

View All Quotes

I won't deny that I've pondered the possibility of turning my RPD into an AR upper, or, shoe horning the design into a redesigned RPD "lower" that worked with the striker system.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 5:19:35 PM EDT
[#37]

I won't deny that I've pondered the possibility of turning my RPD into an AR upper, or, shoe horning the design into a redesigned RPD "lower" that worked with the striker system.
View All Quotes

Well now that the press release is out...I am just going to say "bummer".  I will have to wait for the trigger system to be sold as a trigger unit...
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 5:19:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Dammit!  Only in FA rifles for now.  I'm seriously considering buying one and parting it out

It's up on facebook, with the ATF letter.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 5:20:06 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

I figure I'll get an RPD and custom build a bump stock for it sometime.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 5:20:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Dammit!  Only in FA rifles for now.  I'm seriously considering buying one and parting it out

View Quote

That isn't an ATF letter...
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 5:20:50 PM EDT
[#41]

I don't do facebook, can someone copy and paste it here?

Link Posted: 9/15/2015 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#42]
I don't do facebook, can someone copy and paste it here?

View Quote

I don't have facebook either, but go to the below link...it is public and didn't try to make me log into facebook or anything of that nature.

https://www.facebook.com/franklin.armory

Link Posted: 9/15/2015 5:23:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#43]

Your right, I didn't look that close.  (ETA) Is that showing up or just in my cache?
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 5:32:19 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Huh. They said they were going to sell the BFS by itself for $330ish a while back.

I'll have to call Jay and see what's up...

Link Posted: 9/15/2015 5:36:57 PM EDT
[#45]
WTF? Why aren't they selling it in OR or WA?

Literally no reason not to
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 5:54:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4Tank] [#46]

View All Quotes

Agreed.

It's not signed by anyone from the ATF...

Sorry, until the ATF actually approves this, I am out.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#47]
I find the ATF's lack of response somewhat unsurprising. I wish Geissele would have pursued a similar path with their three position trigger.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 6:25:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Are you kidding me!!!! I would love to buy this trigger but I will not buy their rifle! Stupid marketing move on their part. I was ready to purchase one today and double crap on them using facebook for the announcement and skipping the website. Facebook is horseshit.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 6:38:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Yeah I'm pretty disappointed for sure. It's cool that they are moving ahead with sales but I'm not buying one of there complete rifles or lowers just to get a trigger that might not be legal. I'll wait until the ATF chimes in/they start selling just the triggers.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 7:08:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By M4Tank:

Agreed.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M4Tank:

Agreed.

This, even then I'd still be wary. Anyone  remember the Atkins accelerator? I know the tech behind the Atkins and the FA trigger is different, it just proves how fickle the ATF is.
Page / 60
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top