Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2015 12:36:26 AM EDT
I know their barrels have a good rep as do some of their kits/parts.   What about complete riffles?

Can any owners comment?
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 1:01:12 AM EDT
[#1]
They use semi auto carriers and expect you to pay return shipping to have any problems fixed, even if the part is straight out of the box. That's the extent I can give you on my experience with them. I don't own a full rifle, but a rifle kit. So everything but the lower is theirs.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 1:08:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They use semi auto carriers and expect you to pay return shipping to have any problems fixed, even if the part is straight out of the box. That's the extent I can give you on my experience with them. I don't own a full rifle, but a rifle kit. So everything but the lower is theirs.
View Quote

I remember that. It pissed me off and it wasnt even my upper. Whatever it was I remember they tried to blame it on the 3 different types of ammo bdawg used instead of their own faulty parts. It was pretty pathetic.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 1:24:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I remember that. It pissed me off and it wasnt even my upper. Whatever it was I remember they tried to blame it on the 3 different types of ammo bdawg used instead of their own faulty parts. It was pretty pathetic.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes that incident was crap. I do have several old rifles kits using everything del ton except the lower. They haven't been shot much but have been good so far
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 1:27:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the echo 316 seems to go bang every time I say they are g2g
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the feedback.

I don't worry to much about the BCG.....I would buy a "complete" rifle with out one if I could.  I replaced with BCM group on my current rifles and keep the stock as a spare.  

What are your thoughts on the upper you have?
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 2:24:17 PM EDT
[#6]
My first AR was a Del-Ton carbine (which I still own). The only issue I ever had was with steel cased ammo. Installed an H2 buffer and have had no problems with cycling any type of ammo since. I can get 3-4" groups at 100 yards with iron sights (55 & 62 grain FMJ). After I bought mine, I started noticing a lot of internet hate for Del-Ton on numerous message boards and blogs. I don't get it. They're GTG in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 3:26:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks for the feedback.

I don't worry to much about the BCG.....I would buy a "complete" rifle with out one if I could.  I replaced with BCM group on my current rifles and keep the stock as a spare.  

What are your thoughts on the upper you have?
View Quote

The replacement upper shoots fine. Didn't have much of a chance to shoot it for groups the one time I've gotten to take it to function test but it cycled as expected which was better than the first one I got.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 6:16:13 PM EDT
[#8]
LOTS of DTI stuff over the years...its just fine.....
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 7:04:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 9:00:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Very week.  That was four and a half years ago.  My experience with Delton's merchandise is limited to a few barrels and small parts, but I've never had any bad experiences with them.  One lot of poorly manufactured bolts doesn't and shouldn't drum a company out of business.  I'd personally rank them middle of the road these days.  Certainly not my first choice, but worth a look.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 9:28:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Very week.  That was four and a half years ago.  My experience with Delton's merchandise is limited to a few barrels and small parts, but I've never had any bad experiences with them.  One lot of poorly manufactured bolts doesn't and shouldn't drum a company out of business.  I'd personally rank them middle of the road these days.  Certainly not my first choice, but worth a look.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Who said anything about putting a company out of business?
Your experiences are just that, YOUR experiences.
Del-ton does not use quality part for their assemblies.
Period.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 9:32:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My first AR was a Del-Ton carbine (which I still own). The only issue I ever had was with steel cased ammo. Installed an H2 buffer and have had no problems with cycling any type of ammo since. I can get 3-4" groups at 100 yards with iron sights (55 & 62 grain FMJ). After I bought mine, I started noticing a lot of internet hate for Del-Ton on numerous message boards and blogs. I don't get it. They're GTG in my opinion.
View Quote

If you need an H2 buffer for underpowered steel case, your upper is way over gassed.
It will be a lot more likely to fail on you because of this.
That bolt is taking one hell of a beating.

Link Posted: 1/6/2015 9:52:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Del Ton Sport here.  Hundreds of rounds though it, steel and brass.  Choked on one round of TulAmmo steel cased from Walmart.  Figured it was the ammo, not the rifle.

I used to see FN built M16A2 rifles jam on blanks because the soldiers firing them never cleaned them in the field.  Take care of your weapon and it will most likely work fine.

I would buy another Sport, or any other Del Ton, especially now that the prices have dropped so much since I bought mine.  (Paid $722 OTD a couple of years ago.  Now they're couple hundred cheaper.  Very light weight and easy to handle.)  

Good luck with what ever brand AR you purchase.  Great weapon.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 11:20:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ok, this was only a few months. Not the same issue, but an issue nonetheless that should have been caught before being sent out.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/654547_.html
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 12:05:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Eh, I'll pass.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 3:42:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Being a poor college student and right between the 2012 election and Sandy Hook, I bought a Del Ton 16" mid length HBAR upper and used a Del Ton LPK for my first build. Since then, I have put a couple thousand rounds through it, mostly the cheapest steel you can find, and have had one malfunction. It shoots everything I've fed it, and though I've never tried to get an actual group out of it, I'm really happy with the accuracy. In my opinion, for the budget conscious, Del Ton is a good buy.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 9:46:39 AM EDT
[#17]
I built my first AR15 last summer using a Delton mid length upper kit. Coming from the AK side, I couldn't tell a "quality" AR from a lower tier AR, but the Delton fit and finish was excellent and it has been 100% with both brass and steel cased ammo. It will shot 2"-3" groups at 100m with iron sights and my old eyes. I'm very happy with my rifles and have no regrets. When I was searching for what route to go I read these type of posts and I learned that whether Bushmaster, DPMS ,Rock River, Delton etc. there were always a handful of negative replies to the brand being asked about. Made it very confusing.  I do know the majority of Delton owners are happy satisfied customers and their complete rifles come with a lifetime warranty. So if you want a no frills AR15 at a good price, go for the Delton; if you want the most "approved" AR15 go Bravo or DD and be prepared to pay.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 10:08:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Don't have any experience with them but my only question would be why? With PSA, why would you? You can get a CHF upper shipped to your house for $300, BCG (either from them or something like Toolcraft for $98 shipped), and a PSA magpul lower for $169.....after shipping and all you can have a solid rifle for $600.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 3:49:09 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a Del-Ton dissipator kit assembled on a Del-Ton lower receiver. Functions fine.  Rifle length gas system works fine with my lighter loaded reloads.  Stock trigger is a bit smoother than most factory triggers I've tried.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 11:32:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If you need an H2 buffer for underpowered steel case, your upper is way over gassed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually think it was the ammo (Tula) combined with a new, non broken in rifle. The issue was an occasional failure to extract. The Del-Ton's recoil isn't appreciably different than my other ARs, bolt does not slam, ejection pattern is also comparable. I am also obsessive about cleaning and maintaining my firearms, the Del-Ton BCG does not show any more wear than my other ARs (after a few thousand rounds downrange). After researching here and on other boards, the buffer fix sounded reasonable. A $25 fix and I was able to shoot up the rest of my Tula. I shoot brass cased ammo exclusively now. I don't see any of this as poor quality or manufacturing on the part of Del-Ton.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 5:32:42 PM EDT
[#21]
I have a couple Delton complete uppers, no issues with them at all.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 5:53:51 PM EDT
[#22]
I have a Del-ton mid length HBAR chrome lined upper kit on a Spikes lower.  Put it together about a year ago as my first AR.  I've now got 3 AR15's and I'm in the process of building a 308.

It went together easily.  The LPK seemed nice...the trigger is as good as any other mil spec trigger I've encountered.  I have not had one issue with it shooting a variety of cheap steel cased ammo (mostly m-193 type stuff) and it works fine with my Hornady 55gr sp loads (25.5gr 8208).  

I'm in the process of putting a MI FF handguard on it right now.  

I'm please with del-ton and for the money I got the kit ($525 for everything but the stripped lower) it's quite impressive.  It's as fun to shoot as my Stag 3G....can't speak to an accuracy comparsion because the stag has a nice scope and I'm using iron sights with the Del-ton.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Del-ton is gtg for me.  Never had any issues.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 8:44:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Period.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Period.

Well pardon me all to hell for offering my experiences.  I thought that was what we're supposed to do in a discussion forum.    I think it's a pretty safe bet the June 2010 vintage bolts have been used up at this point.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 9:36:57 PM EDT
[#25]
I have a delton upper I bought in 2007 and have shot it a lot. No issues at all.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 3:41:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Ok, this was only a few months. Not the same issue, but an issue nonetheless that should have been caught before being sent out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure i can find some Colt BCGs on the internet that did the same thing

Delton owned up to that issue.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 11:29:03 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm not sure why you quoted me. My issue had absolutely nothing to do with the bolt and everything to do with a poorly reamed chamber. Did you even bother to read my post or my thread I linked?
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:30:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here. No issues at all.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 4:16:42 PM EDT
[#29]
I have a delton 316 with a non-chrome lined barrel 1:9 and a troy Alpha FF rail and a CMMG 2 stage. Budget beater rifle. The bolt is marked HP/MP and all that.

I have ran one full case 500 rounds of 55gr brass cased that I had specifically for that rifle only.  After that I stopped keeping track but I probably only have < 250 rounds of mixed everything after. I know its not a lot but thats just my exp.

The farthest I've shot it was 200 yards with a 1-4x Nikon and 75gr hpbt PPU. It held about a 6" group from a rest.

I can honestly say 100% that I have never had a FTF, FTE or any malfunction that wasn't user generated with it. Only used magpul mags. Call BS or not for a cheap gun and keeping the thing lubed and clean. Ran drills with people trying to learn and Ive done a two "carbine courses". Nothing real serious.

I also have a Spikes SAR 3
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 5:27:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here also.  Ive owed a dti since 2008. I've shot thousands and thousands of rounds without a problem.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 9:45:40 PM EDT
[#31]
My cousin bought one used. We took it out and it shoots very good with good accuracy. He does not shoot it a whole lot, but it seems like a good rifle
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 10:44:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+10
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 1:06:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

The fact that an H2 was needed to tame steel cased, is a reason for dislike.

Properly gassed barrels typically will not even strip the next round if using Tula and an H2, at least with the 4 rifles of mine I tried it with.  I can cycle Wolf steel with an H in my carbine gassers, but my midlength rifles would be unreliable unless I only had a carbine buffer.

You may want to throw an adjustable gas block on that one.

There is a valid argument to be made for guys that want a rifle gassed fat enough to cycle ANY ammo.  I get that.  But needing an H2 to correct a rifle that has issues with Tula is a problem.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 2:23:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Properly gassed barrels typically will not even strip the next round if using Tula and an H2, at least with the 4 rifles of mine I tried it with.  I can cycle Wolf steel with an H in my carbine gassers, but my midlength rifles would be unreliable unless I only had a carbine buffer.

There is a valid argument to be made for guys that want a rifle gassed fat enough to cycle ANY ammo.  I get that.  But needing an H2 to correct a rifle that has issues with Tula is a problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. I like my rifles to be overgassed. (BCM overgassed) but needing an H2 for Tula is insane.

Pygar,  I would either get an adjustable block or at the bare minimum a stiffer action spring and experiment with which H buffers give you correctly gassed extraction. This is however a bandaid, but better than beating your bolt to smitherines. The correct fix would be to get a new bbl with a correctly sized port. I would not run anything besides a c-158 bolt in that thing as is.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:02:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I know their barrels have a good rep as do some of their kits/parts.   What about complete riffles?

Can any owners comment?
View Quote

Their barrels have a good rep?  That's news to me.  Most are non chrome lined and 1/9 twist instead of 1/7.  

I agree, there is absolutely no reason to buy from them when you can pay the same or less at PSA and have a 4150 chrome lined 1/7 HPT/MPI barreled rifle with C158 HPT/MPI bolt in a full auto carrier.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 5:13:50 AM EDT
[#36]
You can get chrome lined or non chrome lined in 1/7 or 1/9 on most kits and uppers.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:01:32 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I have a delton upper I bought in 2007 and have shot it a lot. No issues at all.
View Quote
Mine did too. No probs. The only AR I have had problems with is my current build. Mega billet upper and lower, rainer bbl, spikes bcg, magpul ubr. It was my quality build. I think it is tolerance stacking, but still trying to break it in.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top