BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 11:04:03 PM EDT
[#1]
googling....more googling.....ADD again.

the SD-E with the flat brow...... I wanted one of the flat triggers when I went for a G but I must have missed this one. I only saw the "shoots really fast" ones that were flat. this looks like it could work. I bought my Sig Scorpion 1911 for that flat trigger and I LOVE it. I wanted that style on an AR after that one. I can feel the pressure changes on my finger pad on the flat trigger and I can feel if I am pulling left/right with the flat trigger on my pistol. I like the adjustability of the Hi-Speed DMR trigger, but I really don't like the curved design. I will see if G can swap for one of these. cant do RRA, too many horror stories. I should drive up to G on thursday...they are only 60mi away from me and I can try em all out.

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 6:41:01 PM EDT
[#2]
(Omg will op stop posting!!!)

I took a trip up to Geissele today. Class act govt facility. James checked my trigger out and said it seems to be working fine/maybe even crisper than usual. I asked him about others, mainly the SD-E, and tried it out. Perfectly what i wanted. He let me exchange out plus the difference on top on my end for the SD-E. Perfect. The SSA just wasnt for me. It helped to go up there and see the place, instilled that they know what they are doing, i just made a less than ideal choice for my setup. SSA was fine for my SBR upper and fun gunning, but not my precision rig. Sorry for the previous ranting....the SSA just isnt the candy cane snap i wanted. Next time i will watch more videos. Its a lot to learn!

Now, the SD-E........whole nother animal. There is no creep on the second stage or hitches. You apply more pressure and it snaps without me moving. Its a sweetie. No JP springs for this one. Its 1lb lighter than SSA. The trigger is thicker, and will take some to get used to, but it allows me to feel my finger pad pressure perfectly. I love it. lets hope its nasty on the range

Progress.....slowly.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 7:21:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Well that's really cool.  What are the chances of you living so close.  Wow.  

I was thinking about this the other night when I saw a CMC flat trigger on midway for sale or something like that.  I think I got an email update and they were on there.  I wasn't sure if you liked that or not.  I always thought it would feel odd, but I've never tried one.  But don't fret about that, it sounds like you got what you wanted and they took care of you.  Very cool.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 12:31:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Im at the range now. Went prone, BH 77gr otm, fired 3 rnds 1min apart. Extremely clean trigger break. Perfect. No scope movement that i could see @ 9x.

Im gonna go home i think. LOL. First shots got me a .919 group. Sub MOA. just gotta rocksett the GB setscrews and paint it uppp. Im so happy. EDIT: i tried the 69gr and fiocci 77 and they were 1".  Fiocci had a flier. Shot another 77BH group and got a .607 group. looks like im set.

Link Posted: 12/12/2014 3:56:17 PM EDT
[#5]
How many rounds through the barrel? I was not thrilled with my Douglas when new. Around 300 rounds I noticed it shooting consistently more accurately. Now at 1500+ it's lights out.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 4:54:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Ehhhhhh i think about 200rnds of black hills and another 2-300 of pmc xtac. I was shooting it at steel for months before i sat down to do handloads and started having issues. not a ton tho. I always clean it real well and shoot it slowly. Usually single feed rnds.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#7]
sweeet.   But now you need to shoot 5 round groups.   3 only cut it with the gun rag writers for hunting rifles.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 9:04:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I met Bill Geissele at the NRA convention in Houston.  That sold me right there.  He was there with his guys, and answered questions about his products, from the positively arcane (one guy asked about a really specific setup and really specific kind of shooting) to the retarded (no, you can't use a Geissele trigger on a Mossberg shotgun...) without blinking.  He had "testers" of his various triggers there for people to just try out, along with a couple of "standard AR trigger" testers.  I gotta say that the standard trigger testers he had were really smooth and felt like extremely well broken in triggers.  Then I tried the SSA, and the SSA-E.  To me both were great and I eventually went with the SSA-E because I found it on sale for less than the SSA...  I'm glad I did.

I'll be more open to the Super Dynamic style of trigger because of your reports.  The straight bow seemed to turn me off for some reason, but it really seems to work great for you.  Of course I would need a suitably precision build to use it in...Oh no!  I have a new project gun to work on!!!!  
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:16:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes they had the testors there and thats how i knew i liked the SD-E. Im totally renewed in my satisfaction with them. I just didnt choose the best trigger for me the first time and it made me question it. My mistake.

The SD-E flat brow......the easiest way to descrive it is that its something completely different and foreign, so you have to learn how to use it, and therefore try even harder to utilize it the right way. It holds your finger differently and it feels weird....but weird is good. Weird is the precise feel of that section of your finger that touches the bow. Make it feel the same way every time = repeatable pull. A normal trigger comforts your finger. This one is different. left-right slipping movement is very apparent.

Try one out. It's weird

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top