Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:54:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your pins should never walk, with any quality parts kit. You must have installed something wrong.
View Quote

We've covered that.

CS guy from Geiselle, is it acceptable to return all of it to you guys for a determination/repair/replacement?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:00:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

We've covered that.

CS guy from Geiselle, is it acceptable to return all of it to you guys for a determination/repair/replacement?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your pins should never walk, with any quality parts kit. You must have installed something wrong.

We've covered that.

It still bears repeating.  When you install the trigger pin, are you one of those people that absolutely has to have it centered? Or do you go by feel/sound and make sure the spring leg clicks into the groove of the pin?  I have seen pins stick ever so slightly to one side because of slight differences in receiver wall thickness, and some people just have to have it centered, even though that would make for an incorrect installation.

When you said you have 1500 rounds through the gun since building it, is that how long the trigger has been installed?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:59:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

We've covered that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We've covered that.

Sure, send it to the address on the bottom of our website and we'll take a look at it for you. If you want to send your lower as well we'd be more than happy to take a look at that as well. Just make sure to include a note about what the issue is and contact information as well.

-Geissele Customer Service
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:05:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Sure, send it to the address on the bottom of our website and we'll take a look at it for you. If you want to send your lower as well we'd be more than happy to take a look at that as well. Just make sure to include a note about what the issue is and contact information as well.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We've covered that.

Wow, you guys have awesome CS.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:23:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It still bears repeating.  When you install the trigger pin, are you one of those people that absolutely has to have it centered? Or do you go by feel/sound and make sure the spring leg clicks into the groove of the pin?  I have seen pins stick ever so slightly to one side because of slight differences in receiver wall thickness, and some people just have to have it centered, even though that would make for an incorrect installation.

When you said you have 1500 rounds through the gun since building it, is that how long the trigger has been installed?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We've covered that.

I don't think he gives a rat's behind if the hammer is centered or not, and he's made no statements that suggest is "one of those".  His pin is walking out and thinks it MAY have something to do with the hammer being canted. It's a logical conclusion considering that the canted hammer MAY be contributing to the situation.
Luckily for the OP, he purchased an EXCELLENT product from an EXCELLENT company, and if that product is at fault (even the very best company/product can have an issue every once in a while) then that company will make it right. That's what excellent companies do.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:32:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine don't walk, but they do rotate which is annoying. I wish KNS would come out with the Geiselle anti rotating pins. I know it takes a lot of use, but eventually it will ruin my lower.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:58:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Mine don't walk, but they do rotate which is annoying. I wish KNS would come out with the Geiselle anti rotating pins. I know it takes a lot of use, but eventually it will ruin my lower.
View Quote

Is yours full auto, or a bump stock etc?

Just never heard of one wearing out an AR lower on semi auto fire.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:02:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, just a G2S. Over the course of thousands of rounds fired with the pin rotating, steel will win over aluminum and the holes will woddle out. Not a huge concern. Not like it will happen tomorrow but still.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:54:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No, just a G2S. Over the course of thousands of rounds fired with the pin rotating, steel will win over aluminum and the holes will woddle out. Not a huge concern. Not like it will happen tomorrow but still.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

after you go through 17 barrels, let us know the status of your lower
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:00:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:07:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I don't think he gives a rat's behind if the hammer is centered or not, and he's made no statements that suggest is "one of those".  His pin is walking out and thinks it MAY have something to do with the hammer being canted. It's a logical conclusion considering that the canted hammer MAY be contributing to the situation.
Luckily for the OP, he purchased an EXCELLENT product from an EXCELLENT company, and if that product is at fault (even the very best company/product can have an issue every once in a while) then that company will make it right. That's what excellent companies do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We've covered that.

Nobody asked if he purchased a quality product from an excellent company.  And I am the first one to have mentioned the crooked looking hammer and its potential cause as the problem.  Fact of the matter is, other people can use his answering simple questions as a learning tool.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top