Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:13:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:44:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Does larue ever have a scratch and dent sale? I live 1 mile from them. Dont want to wait a few years. I wonder if they have stocking dealers who have them  in stock?
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:22:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:51:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Videoing dragging one behind a deuce-n-half all the way to your house would get a few hits on youtube.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does larue ever have a scratch and dent sale? I live 1 mile from them. Dont want to wait a few years. I wonder if they have stocking dealers who have them  in stock?

Videoing dragging one behind a deuce-n-half all the way to your house would get a few hits on youtube.

Have go pro and I can get the deuce n half.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:04:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just wondering but what factory ammo you using to get those groups Cajun?

Thanks

View Quote

Hornady 75gr
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:15:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:45:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm actually having to sell my LPR tomorrow as some financial hardships have come up.

When I rebuy one I'll post pics-I-plenty for you
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:28:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Pulled this out of another thread for the sake of accuracy ...

Well, well,  well, today I received groups shot by that .057"  16" tOBR ...

10-shot 100 yard ... squares and bullseye are 1"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/AUSTINWFT/LT%20Post/image_zpsa8592efc.jpg

12-shot 200 yard ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/AUSTINWFT/LT%20Post/image_zps9e4498d7.jpg

His load ...

ETA - the powder used is a clue about the shooter.

ETA 2 -
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have the LPR and love it but would love to try out a Larue because I always beg Mark for10 shot groups and he never delivers so I'd like to see what they can do.

Pulled this out of another thread for the sake of accuracy ...

Quoted:
Quoted:
Oops, 0.057*

click here

Do you believe that the rifle will continually group 0.057" groups or would it just be an outlier and lucky group (lucky being subjective, the rifles are obviously accurate.)
I'm just saying, the rifles are obviously sub-MOA accurate, but they're not going to consistently group 1/17 MOA.

Well, well,  well, today I received groups shot by that .057"  16" tOBR ...

10-shot 100 yard ... squares and bullseye are 1"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/AUSTINWFT/LT%20Post/image_zpsa8592efc.jpg

12-shot 200 yard ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/AUSTINWFT/LT%20Post/image_zps9e4498d7.jpg

His load ...

68gr hornady match boat tail
23.5 gr of IMR 8208XBR
win small rifle primer
lake city brass / OAL is 2.340

ETA - the powder used is a clue about the shooter.

ETA 2 -

Wow..That's a pretty phenomenal group..
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:28:59 AM EDT
[#9]
I wonder if the OP has made a decision?
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:58:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm actually having to sell my LPR tomorrow as some financial hardships have come up.

View Quote

Ok, this reeks of bullshit. We've always used the honor system. We are going to have to start having people take pics of their rifles with time stamps and username on a sheet of paper in the pic before weighing in like they're currently shooting .3 moa groups with a specific rifle. Op is buying a KAC on the recommendations of 15 fanboys, only one or two of which actually own the rifle, and only one has any experience with both. Good luck OP.

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 1:58:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ok, this reeks of bullshit. We've always used the honor system. We are going to have to start having people take pics of their rifles with time stamps and username on a sheet of paper in the pic before weighing in like they're currently shooting .3 moa groups with a specific rifle. Op is buying a KAC on the recommendations of 15 fanboys, only one or two of which actually own the rifle, and only one has any experience with both. Good luck OP.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahem. Let it reek no more of your shit.

There you go. That's the rifle. I had the PRI stuff install to clone a mk12.

Pre conversion

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 2:24:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Ragincajun has an LPR. Ease up.

Sorry to hear that some hardships have arisen.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 2:43:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I own both KAC and LaRue.

The LaRue is by far my favorite rifle, I don't even shoot the KAC that much anymore.
View Quote

I find this rather interesting. KAC is known for softer shooting rifles that are highly enjoyable to shoot. LaRue is known for accurate rifles. So with that said, unless all you do is shoot from a bench for groups, I'm really curious as to why you don't even shoot your KAC much anymore.

And while overall KAC rifles don't hang their hat on accuracy, the LPR in particular is Krieger barreled, and an utter tack driver. The LPR also happens to be the softest shooting 5.56 I've ever fired as well.

So I find the shooting experience from a LaRue rifle yielding a KAC rifle irrelevant as quite a head scratcher.

Am very interested to hear your personal experiences here.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:16:05 AM EDT
[#14]
I actually believed you owned the rifle before, but it's also shooting .3 MOA, you highly praised it and say you'll buy another, but it's a coincidence that you're actually selling said rifle tomorrow during an all time low in AR-15 prices? Just sounds a little odd, and even tHough I'm a fan of both brands (never personally owned a Larue though because availability has never coincided with me being in the market)
the high level of enthusiasm affords extra scrutiny when it comes to internet discussion . Its also customary to direct someone to the 1 MOA all day long thread and disregard their claims when it involves sub moa shooting without any kind of evidence, not an indictment on your character, just the proverbial grain of salt. You don't owe me pics though, but if you make the sub MOA claim, you owe them to the hive, and given the implications that information on firearms can have, you owe it to OP to stay objective and shelf user preference.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top