Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/9/2014 11:25:02 PM EDT
I am looking for a diamond head vrs-t 13" hand guard on a 16" barrel but can't seem to find one that is HF and 1/7 twist. Really looking for a complete upper but it could be without the bcg. Does anyone know a company that makes one with these specs.  

This was as close as I could find
http://www.freedomstreetdefense.com/16-5-56-complete-upper-receiver-w-diamondhead-vrs/
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:44:16 AM EDT
[#1]
If HF = Hammer Forged no. As far as all the other specs you might try: runnerrunnerguns.com. Seems iirc that FN is now going to offer cold hammer forged barrels to the retail market for individual sale. Saw that in one of the mags recently. That may be your answer. Buy the bbl, and the balance of the upper from different sources. But, I don't know of a source for all of it in one place,.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 10:21:33 AM EDT
[#2]
You're going to have to build it yourself. Or find a shop that will build it to your specs and charge you an astronomical amount for it.

Or send it to me and I'll do it for free. But I'm just some guy you don't know on the internet.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:43:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't have the tools to do it and didn't want to add the expense of acquiring them but it looks like I may have to.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:24:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't have the tools to do it and didn't want to add the expense of acquiring them but it looks like I may have to.
View Quote

VRS-T uses a simple barrel nut (about  1 7/8ths iirc) You would need a reaction rod or wheeler upper vise kit (about $45+/-) If you're gonna own ARs you're gonna need tools eventually. Might as well get them now.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top