Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/31/2014 9:04:43 PM EDT
I have been out of commission for a while so I was also wondering, as a general guideline, who the top 5 are. Top five ar15 branded rifles. Thanks gents.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:07:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I would not consider ATI to be in the top 5.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:45:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have been out of commission for a while so I was also wondering, as a general guideline, who the top 5 are. Top five ar15 branded rifles. Thanks gents.
View Quote

Not ATI, I would probably put them in the low end category. They will probably work fine, but generally not the best parts.

In no particular order

Top 5 IMO
BCM
DD
Noveske
LMT
KAC

Midrange
Colt
PSA
RRA
Spikes Tactical
Windham Weaponry

Budget, both DPMS and Bushmaster I would have ranked higher before freedom group bought them
S&W
Bushmaster
DPMS
ATI
PTAC
Radical Firearms

Complete crap never buy
Hesse/Blackthorn/ What ever they are calling themselves now to avoid lawsuits.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 12:05:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not ATI, I would probably put them in the low end category. They will probably work fine, but generally not the best parts.

In no particular order

Top 5 IMO
BCM
DD
Noveske
LMT
KAC

Midrange
Colt
PSA
RRA
Spikes Tactical
Windham Weaponry

Budget, both DPMS and Bushmaster I would have ranked higher before freedom group bought them
S&W
Bushmaster
DPMS
ATI
PTAC
Radical Firearms

Complete crap never buy
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

In no particular order

Top 5 IMO
BCM
DD
Noveske
LMT
KAC

Midrange
Colt
PSA
RRA
Spikes Tactical
Windham Weaponry

S&W
Bushmaster
DPMS
ATI
PTAC
Radical Firearms

Complete crap never buy

I would agree mostly, while splitting Colt (This is my baseline for comparison) into a "very good" position, with them, (Premium Line)PSA, and Spikes as good-to-high quality, "mil-spec," rifles with very good value for the money.  RRA and Windham are perfectly fine rifles, but don't spec out the same to me, iirc.

This is not a disagreement with the post as much as a "sectioning" of his midrange category.

I also say that while having a perfectly good DPMS Oracle.  You have quite a few decent choices.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top