Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/30/2014 8:59:04 PM EDT
Bought my first AR a few weeks back, never shot one or even been around em before. After several weeks of research broke down and picked up a Rock River Arms entry tactical at my local gun store for 930 bucks. The one thing that amazed me about this gun is how accurate it is. With just the factory iron sights this thing is dead on. The quality and workmanship seems flawless so far, really liking this gun. Fired 100 rounds through it on the first day I got it with the cheapest ammo they had with no problems at all. Installed a drop in Troy Battle rail handguard and magpul angled foregrip and got a few magpul magazines. Shot another 150 rounds though it and it was just that much better, no problems at all and dead ass accurate. Only other things I plan on adding are a Vortex 1x4x28 scope, 2 point sling, bi-pod and maybe a light. Highly  recommend this gun. Oh yea, couldnt have got all this together without this site..ya'll are great. Pisses me off cause I waited so long to get one.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:23:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Love my RRA stuff. Colt fanboys will hate that its not milspec but who cares. They make a damn fine rifle. Good choice for a first AR. It will serve you well.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:43:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like you have a great rifle. Pretty much everyone here is anti troy because of their nonsense. . Anyway I have a rra lower with the rra operator a2 stock and i like it alot very sturdy and great cheek weld. Post some pics I'm sure many would like to see it.

Oh don't worry about taking so long it won't be your last trust me I'm on my 3rd now.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:49:12 PM EDT
[#3]
It doesn't matter what brand of AR you went with for your first. What matters is that you found the platform and that you are happy with it. As a newly minted AR guy, you will continue to research and will develop your own preferences and opinions regarding which rifles/accessories/parts are best. Assuming that you have a pulse and are a fan of the AR in general, I can only assume that you will likely own more than one before all is said and done and that any criticism of your current rifle will amount to things you are likely to learn on your own through experience.
 Good job getting your first and enjoy it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:16:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Welcome to the wonderful world of AR's.  The versatility of them combined with the choices of add ons and multitude of chambers makes the number of configurations near infinite.  And now I pity you for the endless nights of loss sleep as you stay up all night looking for your next modification and figuring out how to get your spouse to understand why you 'need' it.  Good times.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:08:11 PM EDT
[#5]
droka556, you mentioned people on here have a problem with Troy products? I researched them pretty well and while there's never a perfect company, overall people where satisfied seemed like to me. There quad rail I've got has no movement, installed easily and seems to be well made. Did seem just a little pricey,140 bucks, but other then that I'm happy with it. Why all the dislikes??
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:17:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
droka556, you mentioned people on here have a problem with Troy products? ... Why all the dislikes??
View Quote

Because reasons.  It's the internet brother, nobody is gonna make everyone happy.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:27:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Bought my first AR a few weeks back, never shot one or even been around em before. After several weeks of research broke down and picked up a Rock River Arms entry tactical at my local gun store for 930 bucks. The one thing that amazed me about this gun is how accurate it is. With just the factory iron sights this thing is dead on. The quality and workmanship seems flawless so far, really liking this gun. Fired 100 rounds through it on the first day I got it with the cheapest ammo they had with no problems at all. Installed a drop in Troy Battle rail handguard and magpul angled foregrip and got a few magpul magazines. Shot another 150 rounds though it and it was just that much better, no problems at all and dead ass accurate. Only other things I plan on adding are a Vortex 1x4x28 scope, 2 point sling, bi-pod and maybe a light. Highly  recommend this gun. Oh yea, couldnt have got all this together without this site..ya'll are great. Pisses me off cause I waited so long to get one.
View Quote

Congrats on the new stick.

My first factory built AR was an Entry Tactical from Rock River. I'd still have it today if I hadn't run into a bind and sold it right before the 2008 election.

Rock River makes a fine rifle, which are some the most accurate factory built ARs out there.

Enjoy!

P.S. We like pictures here, so post them up!  
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:19:33 PM EDT
[#8]
" />
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:32:10 PM EDT
[#9]
This is a technical thread, so we are not permitted to discuss non-technical reasons not to support Troy.  It is a management and employment issue.  Go over to the Troy industry section and you will see what we are talking bout.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:34:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I have 2 Rock Rivers an Elite Comp and an CAR Elite.  Both have great triggers are more accurate than either of my Colt 6920's probably because of the poor triggers on the 6920's. 1 a standard 6920 the other a 6920 Talo.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:56:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I have 3 RRA rifles and love them all, thinking about a 4th with a varminter.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 12:23:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 12:24:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 8:20:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have 3 RRA rifles and love them all, thinking about a 4th with a varminter.
View Quote

I too have 3.  Elite Operator II, Predator Pursuit, and 24" varmint.  You need to get the varmint or the Pursuit!  You will very much enjoy it!
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 10:39:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Nice shooter; I like RRAs...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top