Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/30/2014 12:48:36 PM EDT
It doesn't grab every round (not shooting just pulling the charging handle) the ones it doesn't chamber, it stips off the mag, but just doesn't grab and the bolt doesn't close.  When i inspected the brass, it's kind of chewing up the ones it does grab... more so than my colt.  is this normal? have you guys experienced this? will it improve after i start shooting it? It's a WMD NiB coated and yes i put some oil on it before dropping it in.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:51:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Shoot it.

Seriously.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:54:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shoot it.

Seriously.
View Quote

you think it'll break in? or do i have a bolt that's slightly out of spec?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:13:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Pulling the charging handle by hand isn't needed. Shoot the darn rifle, if you have problems with feeding or ejecting report back and we can give you more info on how to correct it. What you are reporting isn't a failure.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:18:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Pulling the charging handle by hand isn't needed. Shoot the darn rifle, if you have problems with feeding or ejecting report back and we can give you more info on how to correct it. What you are reporting isn't a failure.
View Quote

"pulling the charging handle by hand isn't needed"....  it's needed to chamber a round.  in my mind there is a problem if it doesn't work every time.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:24:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Every brand new BCG ive purchased was a little rough cycling at first. Especially my NiB. The parts need to break into eachother, I had to hand cycle it a good couple hundred times to get it to work flawlessly, then after the first range trip with it it was just a smooth as the other BCG's. So hand cycle the snot out of it, then put some rounds through it then clean/lube and you will be golden.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:25:25 PM EDT
[#6]
You have to shoot it to break it in...it will take you years to do it manually!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:26:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

"pulling the charging handle by hand isn't needed"....  it's needed to chamber a round.  in my mind there is a problem if it doesn't work every time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is talking about the extraction and ejection, not the charging of the first round from the mag.  You will be fine.  The WMD is a good unit.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:29:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Every brand new BCG ive purchased was a little rough cycling at first. Especially my NiB. The parts need to break into eachother, I had to hand cycle it a good couple hundred times to get it to work flawlessly, then after the first range trip with it it was just a smooth as the other BCG's. So hand cycle the snot out of it, then put some rounds through it then clean/lube and you will be golden.
View Quote

this makes me feel better. awesome.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:41:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'll be good to go buddy. The NiB coating makes for some tight tolerances, and that mixed with brand new gas rings makes for one sticky BCG. When I first threw the NiB bcg in I couldnt even chamber a round cause everything was so tight, you'll notice itll slowly get better and better while hand cycling, make sure its generously lubed. Then after you fire it youll forget all about this
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:51:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It doesn't grab every round (not shooting just pulling the charging handle) the ones it doesn't chamber, it stips off the mag, but just doesn't grab and the bolt doesn't close.  When i inspected the brass, it's kind of chewing up the ones it does grab... more so than my colt.  is this normal? have you guys experienced this? will it improve after i start shooting it? It's a WMD NiB coated and yes i put some oil on it before dropping it in.
View Quote

Are you riding the charging handle forward, or slingshotting it to load a round when this happens?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:38:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Are you riding the charging handle forward, or slingshotting it to load a round when this happens?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

im guessing the former
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 5:11:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

no i'm not riding. i've had the same problem with the bolt held open and hitting the release. i haven't gotten to shoot it yet, but it seems to be getting better. i'll shoot it when my brake comes next week.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 6:08:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

The dynamics of shooting it vs hand cycling are vastly different.
the WMD should be good to go, would not have been my choice but many like them. Lube it up and hit the range!
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 9:43:08 AM EDT
[#14]
As above, get some rounds through it.  I chose WMD for my build and it's been flawless, not a single fail on about 1500 rounds so far.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top