Where did you have the labels printed?  Cute
Pm inbound
@Finslayer83

Can you PM about that as well?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:50:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Eyekahn:

Was only asking because I was messing around on istrelok and the BDC matches almost perfect for my 11.5 with my 55gr load out to 400 even the windage hash marks line up at 5mph and 10mph. I usuallly hate capped turrets and BDC. But for the price and the looks of it I kind of want one.

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b510/cwm556/1D395851-EEFB-4BF8-B180-7E98883E7AC4_zps6aj90hrq.png
View Quote
How will you determine range to target?

For paper punching or social work?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:55:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By wordmahn:

View Quote
Laser range finders work pretty well for this, if not LRF I use witch craft.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:25:58 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote
Black magic.

But for real when I do shoot out to 400 it's known distance. I've got a bolt gun with a mil mil scope if I have to range anything. Or just use a lrf.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:06:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Black magic.

But for real when I do shoot out to 400 it's known distance. I've got a bolt gun with a mil mil scope if I have to range anything. Or just use a lrf.
View Quote
I see. Yep, good for paper.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:53:04 AM EDT
[#6]

I see. Yep, good for paper.
View Quote
Have LRF stopped working on non paper targets?
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 7:54:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#7]
Originally Posted By RePp:

Have LRF stopped working on non paper targets?
View Quote
I guess they don't work on game animals either
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:45:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Because of this thread, a red dot on anything with a 8.5 inch barrel or longer Is starting to look a little silly to me.

I took my MK 4 off my mini recce and put the Aimpoint T2 on it for an upcoming range trip this weekend. It looks/feels weird to me now. Looks like a lot of space up top is not being capitalized on and feels like a lot of capability has been lost. I got so used to having a scope on this 10.5 inch upper that I'm probably going to dedicate the T2 to the MP5 PDW soon.

I have a sickness...and the only cure is mini recce.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:28:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I haven't seen any new build pics in a while. Bring it on.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 9:32:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By mhbaker81:
View Quote
Placeholder: I have a couple short uppers ya'll haven't seen yet. I'll post them up this evening after the babies go down for the night.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 9:41:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By mhbaker81:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:50:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone have experience with the ADM Scout mounts? I'm looking at the Scout-X 30mm in particular, which is the same as the Recon-X only a little lighter and a lot cheaper with a single QD clamp mounted in the center vs. two QD latches at either end. I'm not the type to beat the piss out of my gear but I will probably use it in some upcoming training classes.

Should I fear having only one latch?
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 4:42:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 9:51:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Chincy:

Geissele is so hawt right now
View Quote
Yeah those mounts are growing on me. They look good and sturdy.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 10:25:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

View Quote
They do, and I'm hoping there will be a decent G sale for me to snag one this weekend. Recce is calling for one.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 10:27:30 PM EDT
[#16]

They do, and I'm hoping there will be a decent G sale for me to snag one this weekend. Recce is calling for one.
View Quote
There should be a sale but good luck as the G website shits the bed during the sales.

I'm looking to get my final mini recce piece on sale this weekend and get started on building.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 10:42:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

There should be a sale but good luck as the G website shits the bed during the sales.

I'm looking to get my final mini recce piece on sale this weekend and get started on building.
View Quote
I'll be on my A game hopefully, refresh refresh referesh lol
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:49:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bedouin2W] [#18]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Geissele accidentally posted up their Independence Day sale page for a few hours yesterday morning but I only remember seeing rails on sale.  There may have some mounts on the page but I was specifically looking for triggers and didn't see any.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:39:48 AM EDT
[#19]
well, @mhbaker81 here's one I haven't posted in this thread yet:

I've been hesitant to post it because it's more mod 0 than recce (not sure if it fits the bill). SBR and variable optic are there.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:01:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By TheManimal:
well, @mhbaker81 here's one I haven't posted in this thread yet:

https://im1.shutterfly.com/ng/services/mediarender/THISLIFE/021024940703/media/123081209617/medium/1498746665650/enhance

I've been hesitant to post it because it's more mod 0 than recce (not sure if it fits the bill). SBR and variable optic are there.
View Quote
10.3" with a variable are a blast though

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:33:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Bedouin2W:

Geissele accidentally posted up their Independence Day sale page for a few hours yesterday morning but I only remember seeing rails on sale.  There may have some mounts on the page but I was specifically looking for triggers and didn't see any.
View Quote
I looked through the page.  They had rails, scope and red dot mounts.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 1:41:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Nice.

I can't wait for my stamps to clear
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 10:03:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Petes1552:

10.3" with a variable are a blast though

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/376372/IMG-1526-241211.JPG
View Quote
That is making me yearn for a block II CQBR. Beautiful setup!
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 10:22:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Hey dudes, being a "regular 16" recce" guy I am intrigued by this thread. I've never bothered using variable optics on anything shorter than 16 so ive run red dots on every shorter rifle, but school me on your ballistic findings.  What kind of bullet-drop are you getting when you push a 10.3 or 11.5 out to say 500yds?  Although making hits vs fragmentation speeds/lethal wound channels is another topic, are you able to judge wind and compensate enough to make some consistent hits at longer ranges when the  bullet is going significantly slower?
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:57:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 0uTkAsT] [#26]
Originally Posted By gunsbeerbacon:
Hey dudes, being a "regular 16" recce" guy I am intrigued by this thread. I've never bothered using variable optics on anything shorter than 16 so ive run red dots on every shorter rifle, but school me on your ballistic findings.  What kind of bullet-drop are you getting when you push a 10.3 or 11.5 out to say 500yds?  Although making hits vs fragmentation speeds/lethal wound channels is another topic, are you able to judge wind and compensate enough to make some consistent hits at longer ranges when the  bullet is going significantly slower?
View Quote
Yes, consistent hits at 500 are definitely possible with 10.3-11.5" barrels. Ammo and optic have a lot to do with it. Cheap commercial 55gr ball would be a major handicap at those distances, but it is still doable nonetheless. Most BDC reticles designed for 14.5-16" barrels won't line up past 300 or 400 yards either, but you can do your own testing and see where the load you shoot lands for each corresponding mark and train/adjust accordingly.

I was shooting at 450 about 3 weeks ago with a 10.5" pistol wearing a Mark AR Mod 1 with the Firedot SPR, and my biggest challenge was A) limited magnification and B) thickness of the crosshairs. I still made consistent hits on a 12" target, but groups were ugly as fuck.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 5:09:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Killing me smalls. Have a Medium FF Ras sitting here eating away at me.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 6:14:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Well I missed the mounts but I have a lead on a fde badger unimount so I'll be happy with that when it arrives :D
Other then that, snagged a G rail for the rifle im putting together for my brother.

Also someone get kac to do a run of the FF RAS series, I want them all.

Nice stick CJ!
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:00:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By gunsbeerbacon:
View Quote
1-6 pst gen 2 paired with wolf 6.5 Grendel out of a 12.5" barrel moving at 2357 fps

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 11:01:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 11:14:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Scored me a PRI handguard with the 15% sale going on. I'm going to take off the FSB on my 12.5 and run the AEM5 on it. Kahles 1-6 will top it off for a 12.5 Holland-ish mini recce.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 11:48:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Outrider:
Scored me a PRI handguard with the 15% sale going on. I'm going to take off the FSB on my 12.5 and run the AEM5 on it. Kahles 1-6 will top it off for a 12.5 Holland-ish mini recce.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 4:12:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWHAILYEAH] [#33]
Originally Posted By ARGuy87:
http://i.imgur.com/mGuOOI0.jpg
View Quote
Specs on that AR?  Nice rifles bruh..................

ETA:  Post it up in the CMR thread with specs............http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_12/612028_Centurion-Modular-Rail--CMR--info-and-picture-thread--add-your-pics---.html&page=29
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyone have experience with the TR25 and the MOA Dot reticle? Was playing around with Strelok and found that it matches damn perfect with all the normal loads out of my 14.5".

Link Posted: 7/1/2017 5:34:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 20andOUT] [#35]

I have tried so many configurations, hoping to assemble a jack of all trades rifle to cover 0-400ish yards and maybe this one will fit the bill.  I am back and forth on the bipod, it seems to add a bit too much bulk considering the purpose of this rifle.

I just got it together last night, so hopefully I can get out to the range this weekend to see how it shoots.  

12" Larue Stealth Barrel
SLR Adj gas block
11" SLR Solo
Saker K
Steiner P4xi
magpul furniture

I am really liking the Steiner reticle, it seems to match up about as well as I could hope for.  however, it is hard to find much data on velocity from a 12" barrel, anyone have good data for 55gr loads out of this length.  

-Mike
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 9:20:43 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 7/2/2017 8:04:37 AM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 7/2/2017 10:14:34 AM EDT
[#38]
well, my 1-4 PCL has been at Bushnell for a couple weeks now with ZERO communication from them.  They aren't responding to emails and the one time I called they put me on hold and eventually the call ended.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 10:42:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 12:41:22 PM EDT
[#40]
What dump bag you using? I need a new one
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 1:39:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Boyyyyyyy does that just look friggin sweet. I cannot wait to see an nt4 on the end of that. Nice work Utah!
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 11:04:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Playing around with adding a variable to the 11.5" The rifle definitely needs some spray paint, and I'm running irons currently.

If I got variable on this one its gonna be a one 1-6, 1-8. Kinda looking at the Strike Eagle and PA 1-8. Any other decent options that don't need require taking out a mortage?
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 11:16:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Munzy:
Playing around with adding a variable to the 11.5" The rifle definitely needs some spray paint, and I'm running irons currently.
http://i.imgur.com/TXVCXew.jpg?2

If I got variable on this one its gonna be a one 1-6, 1-8. Kinda looking at the Strike Eagle and PA 1-8. Any other decent options that don't need require taking out a mortage?
View Quote
Spray paint makes the world go round
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 1:33:18 PM EDT
[#44]
@cjwwd2 I wanted to ask how that mini-4 stands up to the SBR; durability and performance wise. Are you happy with it? If you could go back, would you have gone with something different?
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 7:03:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RTUtah] [#45]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

USMC contract by Specialty Defense.

Boyyyyyyy does that just look friggin sweat. I cannot wait to see an nt4 on the end of that. Nice work Utah!
Thanks bro! I'm dying to get an NT4 on this thing. Need to make moves soon.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:23:58 AM EDT
[#46]

@cjwwd2 I wanted to ask how that mini-4 stands up to the SBR; durability and performance wise. Are you happy with it? If you could go back, would you have gone with something different?
View Quote
To be honest I haven't shot it enough to be able to answer that
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:53:54 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote
Mini 4 is sick. I have a sdn6. My bro in law has a mini 4. There is a tone difference between the two. But on a 10.3 or 11.5. The report is about the same. If I get a 5.56 can I'd get the mini 4 for sure.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#48]

12.5" LMT MRP
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 4:04:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By sevin8nin:
http://i.imgur.com/5prPOKY.jpg
12.5" LMT MRP
View Quote
Badass.. I've been toying with the idea of turning my 12" Piston MRP into a mini-RECCE. Just need to figure out which optic to go with that wont break the bank.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 11:57:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Mini 4 is sick. I have a sdn6. My bro in law has a mini 4. There is a tone difference between the two. But on a 10.3 or 11.5. The report is about the same. If I get a 5.56 can I'd get the mini 4 for sure.
View All Quotes

I too have the SDN6. I like it but it lives on the johnny upper mostly. I want a dedicated 5.56 can and can't decide between the mini 4 and m4-2000. The m4-2000 is hard to beat performance wise, but the mini-4 would be right at home on the mini recce...ahh the predicament!
Page / 204
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top