Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/24/2014 10:59:07 PM EDT
Well it's on now. Oh btw, new here. I am relatively new to firearms, but I've been shooting just a few times with some friends and family. Twice I had opportunity to shoot AR's, and let me tell you, once I fully realized that you could build your own, that clinched for me. HAVE to build my own! Fair to say I got the bug now (guns in general). The good thing is that I have the budget 'approved' and I've officially purchased my first parts tonight. The funny part is that while this is my first build and first AR, it will also be my first firearm ever. Anyway...thanks to the deals post I just order this as my starting point:
Advanced Armament MPW A3 assembled upper

My plan is to wait and watch for for the best deals in the coming months and collect the other parts and tools I need, EXCEPT for the stripped lower. I live in NY right now and I can't legally assemble a fully featured rifle (SAFE act). However, I'm moving my family to Hawaii next year and my plan is to bring all the parts (or ship them to myself) and then just get a stripped lower in Hawaii and build it there. Alternately...I am contemplating maybe doing a fixed mag lower just so I could and use the thing for a while. I'd swap it out for a standard lower later.

Anyway I'm psyched to have my very first AR parts coming in. Bummed I probably won't actually build it for a while though.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:34:24 PM EDT
[#1]

I just took the plunge. First firearm, first AR, and first build, all at once
View Quote

If I had it all to do over again, this is exactly what I would do. Congratulations.
Although, it sounds like you're moving from one place that is absolutely terrible to another place that is still somewhat terrible amirite?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:54:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats on getting out of NY, problem is that Hawaii isn't a real friendly state either. Best of luck with your project, hope the wait doesn't drive you nuts....
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:36:44 AM EDT
[#3]
You are now a bronze member, will take affect next time you logon.  
Check out:
the "Search" function, it is one of the best builder resources...
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_75/1398361_Gun_related_deals__coupon_codes__etc__Please_post_in_here.html&page=95
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:05:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check out:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_75/1398361_Gun_related_deals__coupon_codes__etc__Please_post_in_here.html&page=95
View Quote

What a nice guy! OP, guys like PSDavi01 are looking out for you...
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:42:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Check out:
View Quote

Ok wow thanks much! I wasn't expecting that. Awesome.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:49:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If I had it all to do over again, this is exactly what I would do. Congratulations.
Although, it sounds like you're moving from one place that is absolutely terrible to another place that is still somewhat terrible amirite?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I just took the plunge. First firearm, first AR, and first build, all at once

You are exactly right unfortunately. The only thing better about Hawaii is they don't have something like the SAFE act right now, but in every other way it's actually more restrictive than NY, if you can believe that. At least I can have a 'normal' AR their for right now.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:10:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Check out:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:28:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Check out:
View Quote

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top