Key mod handguards
Tunable muzzlebrakes
Adjustable gas blocks
Folding stock adapters
Factory Cerakote

http://www.gunsandammo.com/first-look/watch-for-new-armalite/
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:27:39 PM EDT
[#1]
All that stuff is useless, silly, unnecessary crap.

LarryG told me so.

In all seriousness this is exactly what Armalite has been needing for a long time.  A serious shooting enthusiast at the helm.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:10:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Good for them. I love Armalite, I love their guns and I have really enjoyed all the business I've done with them. Not to mention my AR10.

Guess which member was one of the first ones to answer my questions, lol? Reason I pay for membership now.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:14:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Good to see from an old timer........I never had a problem with my Armalite firearms.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:22:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Armalite has been promising a lot of changes since the change in ownership.

Damn good for them!
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:54:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Good news!
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:08:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Hmmm. Anybody notice any B models on that wall?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:12:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Definitely a win for armalite.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:22:15 PM EDT
[#8]
What I'd rather see are G.I. style guns. All the Armalites have weird HGs, clamp on FSBs, Green furniture, ect. I wish they just made GI guns that were affordable and sold at wal-mart.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:31:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What I'd rather see are G.I. style guns. All the Armalites have weird HGs, clamp on FSBs, Green furniture, ect. I wish they just made GI guns that were affordable and sold at wal-mart.
View Quote

I'll agree with this. If PSA can build them cheap, why can't a bigger company such as Armalite get the prices in a similar price point. I've always wanted to try something Armalite but with other companies producing products as good as or better for a cheaper price, I always spend my money elsewhere.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:31:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Armalite has been promising a lot of changes since the change in ownership.

Damn good for them!
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:16:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

You have half of your wish..

http://www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=DEF15F&ReturnUrl=Categories.aspx?Category=c4bf2a5c-d77d-4f58-8022-95f6afe8e6cf

It isn't sold at Wal Mart, but surely you'd prefer supporting a local gun shop over the Waltons?   I sure do..  

I have had zero trouble out of any of my ArmaLite products, I've been using them since around '01.  I had a "post ban" M15A4C, now I have had a newer version for a couple of years with zero issues, it is very accurate and has a standard F marked front sight post, pinned not clamped.  I just took delivery of one of their SPR Mod 1 midlengths also, I haven't even put a round through it but it's sure to be one of my favorite rifles.  

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:46:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:54:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm glad to see Armalite taking steps in a better direction, but....

Quoted:

View Quote

........this is a good point as well.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:32:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Just to note, armalite is just a brand name.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:32:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Good to see something new from Armalite.  I am kind of intrigued by the AR-10 pistol
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:38:17 AM EDT
[#16]
I WANT one of their clamp on FSB's ... I just bought an expensive barrel and I don't want to FIU having it drilled for pins.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:05:45 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm curious about the new Defensive Sporting Rifle. I'm wondering how they cut costs compared to previous models.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:10:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm curious about the new Defensive Sporting Rifle. I'm wondering how they cut costs compared to previous models.
View Quote

I am curious too, I am planning on buying my first AR soon and the DEF15F is one of the rifles that has caught my eye.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:46:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Im pleased to see some changes with Armalites line.Particularly pleased to see the 18" and 20" rifle gas uppers on telestock lowers.Ive been buying complete telestock lowers and putting M15 20" SPR uppers on them for years....my favorite configuration.

As far as a "gov't" features type rifle....Im past that now and there are plenty available from other sources.I could care less about what,or if there is a FSB.My eye balls are requiring magnified optics nowadays.And I hate gov't profile barrels.I do wish Armalite would do a more refined medium or "full taper" type profile on the rifle gas A4 and SST T barrels rather than the massive HBAR..
I'd rather see Armalite do more refined custom or special edition AR's like the 3-gun models.
Im liking this one at the moment,but waiting to see what they release next.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/2-ARMLM-15A4T
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:58:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Cool. Like alot of the new offerings.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:33:00 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

A serious shooting enthusiast at the helm.
View Quote
painting rifles makes you serious????

I guess this forum is full of teir 1 badasses with all the make-up threads

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:00:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you know how I know you didn't read the linked article by the OP?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:31:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe you don't understand what serious enthusiast means. I am not sure how you came to your conclusion. I think it is good to have actual shooters in the eighth positions in a gun company as too many are just business people. You have to find the right mix of both.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:07:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Hmmm. Anybody notice any B models on that wall?
View Quote

I do find that disturbing.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:25:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:51:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah kind of surprised me too. Not usual for him or the tech forum.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:39:07 PM EDT
[#27]
I just hope this drops the price on their stripped uppers. I need one for an early Mk12 but theier current pricing is pretty high.

Oh, and I'm glad to see they moved to the PMags. The proprietary mags is why I hadn't even considered them seriously. I'll add them back onto my list for .308 AR sources.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:00:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm trying to convince my LGS to stock one so I can check it out without having to buy one LOL.  I see that the trigger is a single stage, instead of the adjustable 2 stage Tactical Trigger, but that's realistically less than a $100 savings.  It doesn't mention anything about being .750 under the gas block, but it doesn't look like a pencil barrel either.  My best guess is that they are using a different barrel supplier and maybe cutting some profit margin to sell a larger number of rifles.  Either way, it looks to me like a hell of a competitor for the M&P Sport, Bushmaster XM-15, and DPMS rifles.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:05:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'm trying to convince my LGS to stock one so I can check it out without having to buy one LOL.  I see that the trigger is a single stage, instead of the adjustable 2 stage Tactical Trigger, but that's realistically less than a $100 savings.  It doesn't mention anything about being .750 under the gas block, but it doesn't look like a pencil barrel either.  My best guess is that they are using a different barrel supplier and maybe cutting some profit margin to sell a larger number of rifles.  Either way, it looks to me like a hell of a competitor for the M&P Sport, Bushmaster XM-15, and DPMS rifles.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like a standard m4 style barrel to me. The important question is whether or not it is parkerized under the fsb.

http://www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=DEF15F&ReturnUrl=Categories.aspx?Category=c4bf2a5c-d77d-4f58-8022-95f6afe8e6cf
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:49:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Thats good news, I would like to own an Armalite, I've been thinking about a .308.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:54:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Before we had all these offerings we currently have today, I was definitely more partial to Armalite and still think they offer a solid product. glad to see they are making strides in the right direction. My first .308 AR was an Armalite and it treated me well for quite some time.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:23:04 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I just hope this drops the price on their stripped uppers. I need one for an early Mk12 but theier current pricing is pretty high.

Oh, and I'm glad to see they moved to the PMags. The proprietary mags is why I hadn't even considered them seriously. I'll add them back onto my list for .308 AR sources.
View Quote
They've had a the SR25/DPMS/PMag lower option for quite awhile.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:59:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Before it was only 2 main models from what I remembered, the SASS and one or two other. They were still priced pretty high to me. I was trying to say that here it seems like they've gone to the PMags across the board on their AR-10 lineup, instead of only on the AR-10A or whatever the selected designations were. They probably opened up the selection a bit over time but they just didn't seem to advertise or push the fact that PMag lowers for the Armalite line were a thing. Now they are doing that, and I think this can get them back in the game.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top