Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/21/2014 2:17:01 PM EDT
So as I make up my list to give to my wife and others, I see that most are over $100.  I need some items that are under $100 that are more reasonable and don't blow the budget, also that a lay-person could understand and purchase... Santa doesn't know or understand the AR platform very well.

Ideas?

Bi-pods, optics, accessories, cases, targets that you guys/gals like?

I should state that I just bought an M&P 15T, and it is still factory all around.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:32:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Bad lever, mags, charging handle, stock, grip, buis...could go on but theres tons of stuff under 100 you could get
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:34:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Sling. Mags. Ammo.

The end
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:35:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy a Red Dot.
Check Primary Arms line of RD, great value and quality.
www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_s/586.htm
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:41:53 PM EDT
[#4]
gift cards is the way to go.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:44:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Magpul stock
P-mags
Magpul grip
metal mags
bad-ass safety
more mags
kns anti rotate pins
20 rd mags
kns take down pins
MOAR MAGS!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:54:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sling. Mags. Ammo.

The end
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:54:46 PM EDT
[#7]

BCM Gunfighter Mod4 charging handle should be about $40. I've ended up with one on each of my uppers.

Money well spent.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:01:39 PM EDT
[#8]
AMMO, AMMO, AND MORE AMMO!!!!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:10:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

gift cards is the way to go.
View Quote

If Santa doesn't understand AR-15'ese then Visa cards are the way to go.

But I got push back about that  .... so I emailed out a list of links for items I wanted at the best prices I could find ... kind of an Arfcommer Registry  

I'd also suggest given the $ 100 limit you consider going in a different direction than what everyone else is suggesting ...

TOOLS for AR-15's - there all all kinds of tools that come in well under the limit AND will be more "acceptable" to those who might balk at buying ammo, etc

Vise blocks, good punch set, AR-15 armorer's tool ....... even a Geissele Reaction Rod squeaks in under your limit.

They will be very handy in the "first build" phase of your BRD.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:35:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Ammo and mags, probably at about an 10-1 ratio.  As in 10 rounds of ammo for every round of magazine capacity.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:42:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Ammo, mags, and gift cards to online retailers..You'll have to figure out what works best for you with regards to add on's and, in my opinion, the AR in standard form is more than capable as is. Having said that, I'm a lefty so, ambi safety and mag release are about the only things I add to a stock AR.

If I were to change anythings, it would most likely be a FF rail, BUIS', weapon light, and a an optic. These are the items that are most prevelant on almost all of my AR's.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:04:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Mags and ammo
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:02:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sling. Mags. Ammo.

The end
View Quote

This!......Period.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:43:43 PM EDT
[#14]
- a nice sling

- a Magpul ambi sling attachment plate

- a micro red dot from Primary Arms

- ammo

- PMags

- an aftermarket pistol grip

- MOE hand guards if you can't/don't want to add a rail

AR related t-shirts/hoodies for those who don't care to buy gun parts/accessories

- a spare BCG (if your Santa shops diligently)

- a rear BUIS (if you have an A2 front)

The list could go on and on, but you get the idea. C'mon man.... People are footing the bill for your wants. So, what do YOU want?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:02:31 PM EDT
[#15]
raptor or bcm charging handle
BAD-ASS ambi safety
Mags
Ammo
spare bcg
upgraded BUIS
Blue Force Gear sling
SLIP 2000 cleaning supplies
ALG QMS or ACT trigger
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:10:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I haven't read the whole thread post replies but in case of the slight case someone hasn't already mentioned it: the Rainier Arms "Raptor" Charging handle is a must for me now... I also feel Troy back up iron sights are a second must for a rear BUIS as opposed to a standard detachable rear carry handle. Third would be a Magpul furniture, (grip, CTR stock, and handguards.) And last would be a StreamLight TLR-1s... All of these items can be found under or right at $100. Send them exact links to what you want and where you want them to buy it. It's exactly what I do this time of year. Amazon, Primary Arms, Aim-Surplus, JoeBobOutfitters, and PSA are all good places to search for your "upgrades"...
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:27:13 PM EDT
[#17]
If you are going to list things like grips and stocks you might want to put the item number since to someone that is not familiar would be lost.

My list is easy to write....I don't get anything for Christmas...I just buy my own crap.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:46:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Mags
Quick detach mounts for any optics you have
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:04:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This!......Period.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sling. Mags. Ammo.

The end

This!......Period.

^^^THIS^^^ end of discussion
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:11:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Magpul: Stock, Pistol Grip, PMAGs, Sling

Ammo

PA Red Dot on Black Friday or Cyber Monday will be around $100, but I have no idea and this is pure speculation. But every other year they have had some great deal on an RDS one of those days. I don't think we will ever see $60 PA Micros again though I am glad I picked one up when I did.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:57:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Although I don't have any recommendations that haven't been mentioned yet, here's a tip I use for my Christmas list:

Make a wish list on Amazon. You can make it so people can see it if they search your name, e-mail, or whatever code words you use. It's great because you can add stuff from other websites to the list with the click of a button.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:18:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Depends on your current setup.  ALG ACT trigger group, Raptor charging handle, BAD ASS/CASS ambi selector, quality sling ...
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:43:32 AM EDT
[#23]
LOWERS!!!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:52:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
LOWERS!!!!
View Quote

Best suggestion yet.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:17:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Best suggestion yet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOWERS!!!!

Best suggestion yet.

Yeah, but who the hell is going to order lowers to an FFL, pay for them, then wrap and give them to you? Grandma, and aunt Louise??? I do know what your both saying though and I fully agree with you two. And if you could get your relatives to buy you visa gift cards for $100 each then you could do it yourself. Spare lowers and uppers sure are nice to have around. I've managed to have a spare barrel, upper, lower, and BCG in the parts bins for the last 6 weeks without assembling them into a complete AR... I must be getting close a record here on ARFcom...
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:31:01 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm in the camp that thinks a sling, mags, and ammo is the way to go.  For one thing...you can NEVER have too much ammo.  Also, on the magazine idea...have someone get you at least two 10-round magazines.  They come in very handy when shooting prone or off of a bench.  A good sling is a must-have, unless you plan on totin' your rifle around in your sweaty hands all day.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top