Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/18/2014 2:44:50 PM EDT
Well if you know anything about Shadow Ops Weaponry, then you know this build has been a pain!

The build has a billet lower and a forged Palmetto upper and the lockup is VERY tight to were the rear take down pin has to be hammered in with a punch/ same with take down. I read that's fine and would loosen up after some use?
Also, my pmags will seat fine unloaded but, once I put 25 to 30rds in mag they will not seat correctly in magwell...have to put A LOT of pressure to hear the click.
I noticed once I got the stripped lower that loading a Magpul mag was a tight fit/ would not drop free. Thought again, after some use the cerakote would "give" some?
The last problem I'm having is my buffer detent broke/ snapped, I recently replaced it with another. Just thinking the billet lower that I have from Shadow Ops Weaponry is out of spec.  very blue in face with this!
Please help!
Thx
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:07:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Say how are you, you are right!! today after spending many hours (after many long wait times for parts----from you know who!!!)
I had my weapons all squared away and on function test I kept busting out my buffer pin.
So I think huh that is interesting so after #3//I call VLTOR and ask if their kit has any issues.
NONE so  VLTOR helped me to diagnose the issue....when the upper assy is closing onto the lower the bolt carrier is supposed to push back on
the buffer assy (it is very tight but you can see it) there is to be no pressure what so ever on the buffer pin.....
Hence the breaking-----out of speck lower....
I compared the distance from a know product to the buffer pin and it is off center 1/8"
When I removed all components off of my sops and put it on my known working weapon son of a gun everything worked fine....
OUT OF SPECK NO DOUGHT....
You are welcome to call me as it is easier to discuss it over the phone than typing....907-789-4413-----I am in Alaska so call in the AM
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:18:53 AM EDT
[#2]
There have been a couple of threads about this recently.  Lots of issues.  There is a long winded thread about the new owner supposedly trying to make everything right with all that are having issues.  One poor guy waited a year only to get an out of spec lower.  Call them, if the rumors are true, the new owner is going to make things right with all those that have been burned.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:26:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Say hello folks I just got off the phone with Paul and we had a long discussion about the parameters of this situation.
It really sucks that a company has to deal with this type of issue, I was flabbergasted that a CNC machine was that far off.(He found the problem, but only after a few dozen got out; he dealt with it and now he is repairing the damage!!!)
But Paul called me within two days and he is going to replace both lower receivers at no charge and he is even sending all the necessary paperwork so I don't have to deal with that to.
I really have 0 issues with Shadow Ops Weaponry every time something has come up or even no contact through other methods eventually I do get called, so good on Paul Thanks.
The man is really concerned about his customers and as always you just cant please everyone.  

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:44:11 PM EDT
[#4]
So I actually tried virtually the same build shadow ops lower, palmetto upper.  I found it to be very tight. I have no problem with that.  I changed out the upper for vltor mur, just because.  I also have the issue of tight mag well with some mags not all though.  I just went through and found which mags fit and those that don't.  One thing that annoys me though about the lower is at the rear of the trigger guard where it mates with the hand grip the corner of the trigger guard sticks out. If your running your machine hard it does start to wear on your hand. I've considered getting a different lower because of that.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:05:16 PM EDT
[#5]
My experience with Paul has been the same ... very positive and seems genuine.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:07:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I would never buy anything from a company that is ridiculous enough to call itself Shadow Ops Weaponry.        

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top