User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 8:45:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Just get a CMMG conversion for a 5.56 barrel.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 10:05:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I called Spikes and they had some laying around in the back.  I'd check with them first or wait for one on the EE.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:26:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I called Spikes and they had some laying around in the back.  I'd check with them first or wait for one on the EE.
View Quote

Oh wow okay I'll do that
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:29:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh no way I can just drop something in to convert a 5.56 barrel? That sounds even more ideal
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 7:45:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Oh no way I can just drop something in to convert a 5.56 barrel? That sounds even more ideal
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here.

They maintain the same CH and all you do is use their magazine.  Much simpler.

You might want to get a new barrel for dedicated 22 use depending on how much you shoot and your cleaning schedule.  It's quite an easy way to do it inexpensively.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 7:49:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Here.

You might want to get a new barrel for dedicated 22 use depending on how much you shoot and your cleaning schedule.  It's quite an easy way to do it inexpensively.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here.

Explain that one more for me, I don't know how lots of .22 shooting means get a .22 barrel. New to the .22 conversion game
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 3:11:12 PM EDT
[#7]
If I were to get one for my CQB, I'd rather have one barrel for 556 and one for 22LR because of how dirty 22 is.

It wouldn't be a requirement to use a conversion but knowing I kept one barrel for 556 is something I would choose to do.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 5:08:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Explain that one more for me, I don't know how lots of .22 shooting means get a .22 barrel. New to the .22 conversion game
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here.

If you can't get a short .22 barrel, it's not worth it. Just buy a M&P 15-22.  You'll most likely end up spending the same amount of money.

I wouldn't get the CMMG upper versus a whole M&P.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 9:52:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If you can't get a short .22 barrel, it's not worth it. Just buy a M&P 15-22.  You'll most likely end up spending the same amount of money.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here.

I dknt want a whole upper just the conversion
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 3:26:55 AM EDT
[#10]
I've read of people trashing barrels with conversions like that. Blocking the gas port with lead or whatever. No first hand experience, so I can't say definitively. Maybe do some googling tomorrow.

Hold out for an actual MRP barrel. They come up from time to time on the EE. I've sold my 16" and thinking of selling my 10.5" since I only use my 5.5 barrel. I've seen others come up.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 10:52:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've read of people trashing barrels with conversions like that. Blocking the gas port with lead or whatever. No first hand experience, so I can't say definitively. Maybe do some googling tomorrow.

Hold out for an actual MRP barrel. They come up from time to time on the EE. I've sold my 16" and thinking of selling my 10.5" since I only use my 5.5 barrel. I've seen others come up.
View Quote

Hold out for a .22 mrp barrel? They make those? Let me know if you decide to sell your 10.5 barrel. I might want to pick it up. What's a 5.5 barrel?
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:03:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Hold out for a .22 mrp barrel? They make those? Let me know if you decide to sell your 10.5 barrel. I might want to pick it up. What's a 5.5 barrel?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spike's made a run of .22 MRP barrels a while back.  They sold 16", 10.5, and I believe a 5.5 or 4.5....I don't remember which.  I had all 3 but only really used the small barrel.  I've been toying with selling the 10.5 but I don't want to turn this into an EE post.  Let me think on it and I'll get back to you.

You could also try giving Spikes a call and see if they have any left over.  It's not something you'll see on their website anymore.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 3:46:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Spike's made a run of .22 MRP barrels a while back.  They sold 16", 10.5, and I believe a 5.5 or 4.5....I don't remember which.  I had all 3 but only really used the small barrel.  I've been toying with selling the 10.5 but I don't want to turn this into an EE post.  Let me think on it and I'll get back to you.

Okay sounds great. I'll give them a ring

You could also try giving Spikes a call and see if they have any left over.  It's not something you'll see on their website anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay sounds great. I'll give them a ring

Link Posted: 6/3/2015 7:14:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Any of you LMT guys have a sopmod in the FDE/Taupe color your willing to sell?
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 4:11:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just keep an eye on the EE. Literally took me 3 days to find one for my LMT 10.5 SBR.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 7:23:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Just keep an eye on the EE. Literally took me 3 days to find one for my LMT 10.5 SBR.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice, thanks!
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 2:03:09 PM EDT
[#17]
British Police armed with the LMT CQB MRP in 5.56 with 10.5 inch barrel and Semi-Auto.

Link Posted: 7/11/2015 3:56:35 PM EDT
[#18]
New Zealand military with the LMT 308MWS.

Link Posted: 7/11/2015 3:59:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
British Army forces with the LMT 308MWS, renamed the L129A1

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/vAxRTD" target="_blank">https://farm1.staticflickr.com/512/19425323439_6c20aedec3_o.jpg</a>
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/vTrjzP" target="_blank">https://farm1.staticflickr.com/385/19616427881_af5c0bd8cb_o.jpg</a>
View Quote

Damn that's a good lookin weapon. I need one.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 4:10:36 PM EDT
[#20]
British Army - Royal Marines - with the LMT 308MWS designated the L129A1

Link Posted: 7/11/2015 5:49:49 PM EDT
[#21]
More pictures of the British Police with the LMT CQB MRP in 5.56 with 10.5 inch barrel and Semi Automatic form.

Link Posted: 7/11/2015 8:59:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

While i wouldn't run a conversion in a high dollar barrel personally It doesn't trash the barrel that i've seen it will block the gas port after a couple k rnds without firing 5.56.
The most it's ever taken me is 7 rnds runing the charging handle and it melts / blows out the lead.
The second one down has about 25k rounds downrange with a conversion kit.  It still shoots fine with 5.56 on the rare occasion i run a few rnds through it.

The Third one down is a 10.5" LMT  since this is a lmt pic thread.

Link Posted: 7/12/2015 8:35:01 PM EDT
[#23]
There is a LMT 2 stage trigger contained within my M&P10.

They're only slightly tricky to get installed due to the ambi-bolt catch, but what you have to do is remove the pistol grip, safety, drive out both pins, slide the whole FCG backwards, and then pull the hammer and trigger.  Installing the new trigger is weird because you've got them both "seated" with each other then slid forward to be able to install the trigger and hammer pins.  Then reinstall the selector and pistol grip.

Worth doing IMO.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 8:24:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/561/19620937526_5f5e5d51bb_k.jpg

They're only slightly tricky to get installed due to the ambi-bolt catch, but what you have to do is remove the pistol grip, safety, drive out both pins, slide the whole FCG backwards, and then pull the hammer and trigger.  Installing the new trigger is weird because you've got them both "seated" with each other then slid forward to be able to install the trigger and hammer pins.  Then reinstall the selector and pistol grip.

Worth doing IMO.
View Quote

How do you like the LMT 2 stage trigger?  Have you had a chance to compare it with a Geissele SSA?
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 11:35:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Nice, what's the magnification on that Nightforce scope?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
New little brother just joined big brother.

<a href="http://s1057.photobucket.com/user/Robertheater18FlyNavy75/media/image.jpg2_zpsnfdrc7p9.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t384/Robertheater18FlyNavy75/image.jpg2_zpsnfdrc7p9.jpg</a>

Nice, what's the magnification on that Nightforce scope?

Sorry, just saw this

5.5-22x56.

If I had to do it all over I'd have gotten the 50mm obj but I got a smokin deal on this one. I have nothing bad to say about the scope other than I wish it were easier to increase and decrease illumination intensity.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:54:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

How do you like the LMT 2 stage trigger?  Have you had a chance to compare it with a Geissele SSA?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Worth doing IMO.

I have a SSA, SD-C, and G2S.  And 5 LMTs of various types.  The LMTs are almost identical to a SSA in terms of pull weight.  I wouldn't hesitate to keep buying the LMTs.  Watch the EE  and jump on them at $75-85.

I've also got 3 KAC triggers, 2 Armalite 2 stage, and a CMC 3.5 flat bow.

Clearly you can tell I'm a fan of the LMTs.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:30:20 AM EDT
[#27]
so a while back i met a machinist here in town we had a chat about converting existing picatinny rails to mlok. well after saving my pennies i put my money where my mouth is. fresh off the machine. between that and the barrel fluting it shaved ~12 ounces including the no longer needed plastic rail covers. the guy does not have a website but hit me up if you want contact info for the full length 8 flutes and the rail conversion it was $350 and it feels like a completely different gun. now im off to the range.

disclaimer: aside from living in the same town shooting at the same places and knowing some of the same people i have nothing at all to do with his business other than being a satisfied customer.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:25:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
so a while back i met a machinist here in town we had a chat about converting existing picatinny rails to mlok. well after saving my pennies i put my money where my mouth is. fresh off the machine. between that and the barrel fluting it shaved ~12 ounces including the no longer needed plastic rail covers. the guy does not have a website but hit me up if you want contact info for the full length 8 flutes and the rail conversion it was $350 and it feels like a completely different gun. now im off to the range.

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac333/11bangbang20/20150801_172937.jpg
http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac333/11bangbang20/20150801_1747591.jpg
http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac333/11bangbang20/Message_1438469447010.jpg

disclaimer: aside from living in the same town shooting at the same places and knowing some of the same people i have nothing at all to do with his business other than being a satisfied customer.
View Quote

Are you going to leave the shiny silver look or are you going to paint it?  Update with pics if you do decide to paint.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:31:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I have a SSA, SD-C, and G2S.  And 5 LMTs of various types.  The LMTs are almost identical to a SSA in terms of pull weight.  I wouldn't hesitate to keep buying the LMTs.  Watch the EE  and jump on them at $75-85.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Worth doing IMO.

I am a fan as well... although I own more Colt's than LMT's, I do have about 8 LMT's.  My go to rifle is an LMT pictured on page 1, post #1
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:30:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Let me see what I got laying around.

LMT 14.5 Block II clone, not an exact clone but close, DD RIS and KAC front sight are wrong color, as is the 553. This is my favorite LMT

10.5 MK18 Mod 0 clone and 10.5 MRP

MWSE .308

Rifle length MRP

I need to update my pics. Some of these rifles have gone through some changes in the last year or so. The 14.5, MK18 clone and MWS are pretty much unchanged. My rifle length MRP has a new Leupold 3-9x40 VXR Patrol in a Larue mount, as I needed the ACOG for a BCM middy. The 10.5 MRP is now 12.5 piston, with a SOPMOD stock instead of the VLTOR.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:21:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Looks like the world's first MLOK MRP

I'm glad I wasn't the only person with the c.o.jones to start milling off parts of their CQB

Nice work.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:37:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Let me see what I got laying around.

LMT 14.5 Block II clone, not an exact clone but close, DD RIS and KAC front sight are wrong color, as is the 553. This is my favorite LMT
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj220/fshoutowtr/IMG_1462.jpg

10.5 MK18 Mod 0 clone and 10.5 MRP
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj220/fshoutowtr/IMG_0434.jpg
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj220/fshoutowtr/IMG_0432.jpg

MWSE .308
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj220/fshoutowtr/IMG_0806.jpg

Rifle length MRP
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj220/fshoutowtr/IMG_0810-1.jpg

I need to update my pics. Some of these rifles have gone through some changes in the last year or so. The 14.5, MK18 clone and MWS are pretty much unchanged. My rifle length MRP has a new Leupold 3-9x40 VXR Patrol in a Larue mount, as I needed the ACOG for a BCM middy. The 10.5 MRP is now 12.5 piston, with a SOPMOD stock instead of the VLTOR.

View Quote

Nice LMT's
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:45:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:02:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Sorry if this is off topic (It is a LMT question!), but I was wondering if anyone has any experience or reviews with the LMT Adjustable Flip Rear sight?

I am looking at possibly getting one.  Looks like the KAC, but has the double aperature.

Apologies if the pic is huge, also.

http://www.lmtstore.com/accessories/sights/l8n.html

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:34:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Are you going to leave the shiny silver look or are you going to paint it?  Update with pics if you do decide to paint.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

its getting painted dark brown that was legit fresh off the cnc i had to mock it back up and play around for a minute, the difference is night and day
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 1:50:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Sorry if this is off topic (It is a LMT question!), but I was wondering if anyone has any experience or reviews with the LMT Adjustable Flip Rear sight?

I am looking at possibly getting one.  Looks like the KAC, but has the double aperature.

Apologies if the pic is huge, also.

http://www.lmtstore.com/accessories/sights/l8n.html

http://www.lmtstore.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/f/l/flip_sight_rear.jpg
View Quote

Not off topic at all, that's what this thread is for
I played with the sights at shot show this past year and I was pretty impressed with the sights.  They make them caliber specific for 5.56 and 7.62.  Very well thought out and robust design.  I would highly recommend theses sights.  It does resemble the KAC, but LMT and KAC work closely together on many products they offer.
Here are some pictures I took at Shot Show 2015.
Also, I got this email from LMT today:
August Monthly Special
Flip Up Sights are 10% off
From August 1st until August 31st, our flip up sights are 10% off retail price! These flip up sights utilize mil-spec phosphated steel and are perfect for the rifleman who switches from optics to sights.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 2:35:39 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:16:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nice..Have you tested any MLOK accessories to see if they will mount securely?
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s236.photobucket.com/user/PBALLDONKEY/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150706_180638_zpsklhdwtxc.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff141/PBALLDONKEY/Mobile%20Uploads/20150706_180638_zpsklhdwtxc.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s236.photobucket.com/user/PBALLDONKEY/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150706_180610_zpskxsqgaxi.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff141/PBALLDONKEY/Mobile%20Uploads/20150706_180610_zpskxsqgaxi.jpg</a>
View Quote

wheww.... oh my... it's getting hot in here....
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 1:27:43 PM EDT
[#40]
New Zealand military with LMT 308MWS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byZPhAVoqdI
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 1:46:43 PM EDT
[#41]
New Zealand military is replacing the Steyr AUG with LMT rifle in 5.56

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/08/18/new-zealand-army-selects-lmt-to-produce-rifle-to-replace-steyr-aug/

The New Zealand Army has been looking to replace their aging Steyr AUG rifles for some time. The New Zealand Ministry of Defense held trials to select a successor, competing in which were Beretta, CZ, Colt Canada, FNH, Steyr, SIG, H&K, and LMT. It was recently announced by the NZ MoD that Lewis Machine & Tool was selected as the winner – though what rifle they submitted was not mentioned:
“A Request for Tender for the provision of contemporary individual weapons, necessary training, and associated support to the NZDF closed on 12 November 2014. Following the evaluation of the tender responses, the companies listed below were selected for the trials programme phase of the evaluation, which was undertaken between 2 March and 1 June 2015.
The following companies were selected for the Individual Weapon trials phase:
•Beretta New Zealand Limited
•Ceská zbrojovka a.s.
•Colt Canada Corporation
•FN HERSTAL
•STEYR MANNLICHER GmbH
•XTEK Limited (Sig Sauer)
•Heckler & Kock GmbH
•Lewis Machine & Tools Co Inc
Following the trials programme phase of the evaluation of tenders, the Ministry has selected Lewis Machine & Tool Co Inc of the USA as preferred Tenderer. Subject to the Ministry undertaking a Due Dilligence activity and negotiation of a contract package, New Zealand Government approval will be sought to proceed to award of a contract.”
The New Zealand Army recently ordered a 7.62mm LMT rifle very similar to the L129A1 in use with the British Army, so this may have been a factor in the company’s selection for the new NZ Individual Weapon. Conspicuously, the New Zealand Army expressed no preference for a bullpup platform. - See more at: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/08/18/new-zealand-army-selects-lmt-to-produce-rifle-to-replace-steyr-aug/#sthash.Cw4vZjhC.dpuf
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 6:57:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
New Zealand military is replacing the Steyr AUG with LMT rifle in 5.56

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/08/18/new-zealand-army-selects-lmt-to-produce-rifle-to-replace-steyr-aug/

View Quote

Very interesting...thanks for posting that.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 11:31:25 PM EDT
[#43]

New photo of my milled MRP on right.  Sometime in the future I'll have to decide if I want Marvin Pitts to take a KAC E3 barrel and machine it to work with a rifle length MRP, so that I can make a "MRPMod1"
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top