Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2014 11:17:26 PM EDT
How was your experience with them? I know primary arms say they are GTG but I wanna here what the hive thinks.

Have any orders you are waiting on?

How is the quality?

How long was your wait?
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:13:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd also like to know. I'm putting together a 308 and they have one of the most affordable BCGs (and not too shabby looking either).
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:44:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Here is a review of one of their 10.5 in uppers

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_122/655275_Radical_Firearms_10_5___upper__polymer_sights_and_BCG_review_and_pictures.html

I ordered a 10.5 in upper for a pistol build that should arrive on Friday. I will do a review after I get everything built.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 11:57:30 AM EDT
[#3]
My 10.5" upper came in Friday (ordered from Primary Arms). Shipping from PA is always good. Fit and finish is very good, fits snug on my PSA lower. I only ran 120 rounds through it on Friday to sight it in and check functioning/accuracy. I have absolutely no complaints so far about the Radical upper.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 12:38:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Good stuff.  Mine rocks!  Zero complaint what so ever.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 12:42:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Just hit the range yesterday with my Radical 10.5" upper. It took about 15-20 rounds to start running reliably, but them again this was an entirely new build, upper, lower (I built), trigger, BCG, etc, so I'm not too surprised now. My last 40 rounds I fired were flawless. I just need to keep sending them downrange.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:38:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just hit the range yesterday with my Radical 10.5" upper. It took about 15-20 rounds to start running reliably, but them again this was an entirely new build, upper, lower (I built), trigger, BCG, etc, so I'm not too surprised now. My last 40 rounds I fired were flawless. I just need to keep sending them downrange.
View Quote

What was it doing the first 15-20 rounds?
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 1:10:13 PM EDT
[#7]
This is what I wrote about on Radical in the  Rifles, Uppers, Lowers, Barrels, and more section back on 15 Aug 14. And as a minor update, I am up to 880 rounds through this upper. 160 of which are Herters/Tula. I know some folks are picky about steel cased ammo, thought I'd share that data point if it's important to anyone.
I ordered a 7.5" 5.56 upper on 13 Jul and shipped 4 days later. They did charge my CC right away though which contradicted their website back then which said charges upon shipping (it appears to read differently now though). So I called them the day after my order was placed when I saw my CC charged and they told me that's standard. I really didn't mind because the site at the time said that upper is shipping in 2-4 weeks. I got excited like a kid at Christmas thinking my new upper was shipping sooner than expected.

There are 2 things I am not too concerned about but others might be.
1. My Spike's NiB BCG would not fit in the upper, best I can tell is the gas key and tube do not line up well. So I used a BCM phosphated BCG and it fits with no issues.
2. The rails on the bottom section seem out of spec. I tried to use several Magpul XTM rail covers and they don't fit well. The sections will connect but they will not 'click' together. I think the rails are just a touch too wide. Not a huge deal. I did end up having to glue 3 or 4 sections of my Magpul Handstop kit just to keep them from popping loose.

I have close to 800 rounds through this upper now and have no complaints. I used primarily M193 and AE .223. I also tried 40 rounds of Herter's. No issues with any ammo so far. And the barrel is accurate 25 to 50 yards. Not sure what it can do past that.

Anyhow, the 2 items above may be deal breakers for some folks, I get it. Hope other folks out there have positive experiences with the company and their products.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 1:29:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I went ahead and ordered the radical 308 bcg. There are a few guys who have one in the variants forum and it sounds good so far (but it's too soon to make any judgements yet). I guess I'll find out firsthand
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 1:39:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Failure to fully go into battery intermittently, would only fire one round, then failure to eject, failure to extract , fire 2 or 3 rounds, failure to extract,etc. (As I said this was a new bolt also (Ares Armor NIB). Prior to use, I lubed it up on the exterior with Fireclean and let it sit overnight, wiped off the excess and them put a light coat on. After the initial range visit (where I only got off about 3 shots or so, I went home and completely disassembled the BCG, lubed the entire thing again with FireClean, lubed the interior of the Upper including feed ramps (using a 1 inch paint brush) as I had seen reccomended by YouTuber NSZ85, then when I went to the range on this past Sunday, still had those similar failures for the next 12-15 rounds, then it smoothed out and has been fine.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top