User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 21
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:10:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, it is the extra power AR-10/DPMS 308 spring.  It can be used in both the Armalite 308 carbine (uses a standard length buffer) or a DPMS pattern 308 carbine (uses a shortened buffer).

It's pretty stiff.  If I wanted it to be a little stronger I could put a hollow insert in my receiver extension that would compress the spring about 1" more.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I tried my Sprinco orange spring yesterday.  This is 20rds.  If I did my math right it's right around 1000rpm.
http://youtu.be/VX8hSupbHcM

Good to know....I'm skimming the sight. Is the orange spring for AR-10s?
Yes, it is the extra power AR-10/DPMS 308 spring.  It can be used in both the Armalite 308 carbine (uses a standard length buffer) or a DPMS pattern 308 carbine (uses a shortened buffer).

It's pretty stiff.  If I wanted it to be a little stronger I could put a hollow insert in my receiver extension that would compress the spring about 1" more.

Does it work in your AR-15? I'm confused...
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:20:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I tried my Sprinco orange spring yesterday.  This is 20rds.  If I did my math right it's right around 1000rpm.

Yes. I'm using a spring originally designed to work in both of the common .308 AR platforms and put it in my 5.56 AR.  It was the strongest spring I could find that fits in a standard diameter buffer tube.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:25:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yes. I'm using a spring originally designed to work in both of the common .308 AR platforms and put it in my 5.56 AR.  It was the strongest spring I could find that fits in a standard diameter buffer tube.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool. I would have looked it up, but I am not supposed to be surfing the net.

I always assumed they had a different diameter.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:30:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the DPMS pattern 308 springs fit in 5.56 extensions, is what hes saying. The reason I think this is because DPMS' new 308's take standard AR-15 stocks.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:31:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

SNIP

Nope, AR-10 bolts are smaller at the rear so they fit in a standard receiver extension.  DPMS pattern guns use a standard length receiver extension with a shortened buffer. Armalite pattern guns use a longer receiver extension equal in length to the VLTOR A5 and utilize a standard carbine length buffer.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:08:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Nope, AR-10 bolts are smaller at the rear so they fit in a standard receiver extension.  DPMS pattern guns use a standard length receiver extension with a shortened buffer. Armalite pattern guns use a longer receiver extension equal in length to the VLTOR A5 and utilize a standard carbine length buffer.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
SNIP

I have very little experience with AR10s. In fact, I have never owned a rifle in .308. The more I think about that, the more weird it seems.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:42:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have very little experience with AR10s. In fact, I have never owned a rifle in .308. The more I think about that, the more weird it seems.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

SNIP

I don't own a .308 yet.  I've got an 80% lower I've been meaning to mill out sometime though

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:54:39 AM EDT
[#8]
here is another little clip. testing the new finger stop. its just a pmag dust cover with the tabs grinded off
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk6kDKXAbOI
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:03:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
here is another little clip. testing the new finger stop. its just a pmag dust cover with the tabs grinded off
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:33:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mind posting some pics of it?  Did you build your like jaqufrost?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:54:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  here is another little clip. testing the new finger stop. its just a pmag dust cover with the tabs grinded off

Yes, he built it.  Looks like he used a Magpul stock.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:53:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  here is another little clip. testing the new finger stop. its just a pmag dust cover with the tabs grinded off

Right.  I meant following the same procedure or if he had made it differently.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:53:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Thinking about ordering one of these new Hiperfire triggers to wrap up my bumpfire build. I really just want rid of the mil--spec that's in there. I was going to go with a CMC that I have but I like the gun that its in more and more.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:00:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Thinking about ordering one of these new Hiperfire triggers to wrap up my bumpfire build. I really just want rid of the mil--spec that's in there. I was going to go with a CMC that I have but I like the gun that its in more and more.
View Quote
My only caution is that the EDT should have a pretty quick lock time due to its design and may not be ideal for a bump gun.  The trigger feels pretty decent though, I should put mine in my bumpgun and try it sometime.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:05:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My only caution is that the EDT should have a pretty quick lock time due to its design and may not be ideal for a bump gun.  The trigger feels pretty decent though, I should put mine in my bumpgun and try it sometime.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude I would be mucho grateful if you did. I won't be able to run mine for another month or so, so I'm really just getting anxious more than anything.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:10:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Dude I would be mucho grateful if you did. I won't be able to run mine for another month or so, so I'm really just getting anxious more than anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unfortunately I probably won't be at the range for a few more weeks.  If I haven't seen an update on this trigger by my next range trip I'll try to put it in and try it.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:14:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I picked up one of these things used recently...

I might give this a shot.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 4:58:49 PM EDT
[#18]
What is the slowest lock-time trigger that doesn't suck? I think I am ready to do an overhaul on my BumpSAW finally.

I am thinking of getting the orange spring like jaqufrost suggested, and maybe a LW carrier.

It's either that or leave it be and start new. I could use my primary rifle I suppose. Just a DIY stock and a bipod...

Edit: photobucket has some cool editing tools...

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#19]
I've been wanting to try the CMC drop in trigger.  I don't have one yet though.        

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 6:21:21 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm just trying to figure out what happened to my gun to make it so slow. My RoF in this video was literally ideal. 503G's gun is more impressive, but this is probably the sweet spot. At least in my opinion.

Link Posted: 2/7/2015 3:45:35 PM EDT
[#21]
My bump saw is alive!! I sawpped the RRA NM 2 stage for a mil spec standard trigger and JP light yellow springs. Had a couple single shots, but some excellent bursts and half mag dumps. Used M193 ammo and a Saker 556 suppressor. She wouldn't work unsuppressed, so I guess I'll have to use the can full time :-D.

Got some video, I'll figure out how to edit them all together in the next day or so.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 11:18:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My bump saw is alive!! I sawpped the RRA NM 2 stage for a mil spec standard trigger and JP light yellow springs. Had a couple single shots, but some excellent bursts and half mag dumps. Used M193 ammo and a Saker 556 suppressor. She wouldn't work unsuppressed, so I guess I'll have to use the can full time :-D.

Got some video, I'll figure out how to edit them all together in the next day or so.
View Quote

SWWWEET.

Be sure to post in the GD thread, too.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 1:27:15 AM EDT
[#23]
First ever youtube video, also first ever edit job. My wife was filming, kinda strays downrange, but you can still hear the shots, it was awesome! Had two flavors of ammo, Monarch steel case and American Eagle XM193. Really only works in the prone supported, as seen in the video. Also shot it unsuppressed, was only single shot so I didn't include it. It's a piston gun and gas settings were adjusted accordingly. I think the added weight of the silencer was helping with the bump action.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9SYxCyDowI&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

My video add isn't embedding...
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 1:46:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
First ever youtube video, also first ever edit job. My wife was filming, kinda strays downrange, but you can still hear the shots, it was awesome! Had two flavors of ammo, Monarch steel case and American Eagle XM193. Really only works in the prone supported, as seen in the video. Also shot it unsuppressed, was only single shot so I didn't include it. It's a piston gun and gas settings were adjusted accordingly. I think the added weight of the silencer was helping with the bump action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9SYxCyDowI&feature=youtu.be

View Quote

You have to be a Team member to embed
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 4:01:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Love the bipod man.

Link Posted: 2/9/2015 10:03:56 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

Looked fun.  I'm surprised it was only working with the suppressor.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 2:36:33 PM EDT
[#27]
I took the can off just to see if it would work. Shooting unsuppressed is rude and uncivilized.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 2:47:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Lol, I don't know how many rounds my suppressor would hold up to when spitting them out at 750-1000 rpm.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Sweet
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 11:53:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Anyone ever bump stock an AR10? I think I need a bump 240.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 11:54:26 PM EDT
[#31]
What about a bump BREN?  I think we might be able to get close.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 3:17:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
What about a bump BREN?  I think we might be able to get close.
View Quote

The bren-configured M96 is a really good candidate.

edit: DYAC
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 10:39:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  What about a bump BREN?  I think we might be able to get close.

Does the Rock River take L1A1 mags?  If it does, you could take an actual .308" BREN mag, flip it upside down, put on an offset reddot, and mount the bipod upside down on the top rail (now the bottom).  Bumpfire upside down & we have something not too far off the BREN.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 12:15:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Does the Rock River take L1A1 mags?  If it does, you could take an actual .308" BREN mag, flip it upside down, put on an offset reddot, and mount the bipod upside down on the top rail (now the bottom).  Bumpfire upside down & we have something not too far off the BREN.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that would be pretty cool.

You could stick the pistol grip where the rear BUIS would go, and use it with your weak hand to push forward for the bump. You could also flip the stock over 180°

I pondered this, and I was wondering how hard it would be to do something like this with a bulpup. the trigger system seems riper for the moving.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:00:18 PM EDT
[#35]
I just got my AP Customs Low Mass BCG in.  I put the POF roller cam on it and dropped it in today.  I can't wait to get it to the range!

Here is my full picture review of the BCG:

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:30:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I just got my AP Customs Low Mass BCG in.  I put the POF roller cam on it and dropped it in today.  I can't wait to get it to the range!http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx39/jaqufrost/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-02/20150228_145659_zpsurakmbuy.jpg

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/669835_AP_Customs_Rhino_Low_Mass_5_56_Bolt_Carrier_Group_Picture_Review_and_POF_Roller_Cam_installation.html

View Quote

Jaqu, what buffer are you using with that sprinco spring and this bcg?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:08:22 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I just got my AP Customs Low Mass BCG in. I put the POF roller cam on it and dropped it in today. I can't wait to get it to the range!http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx39/jaqufrost/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-02/20150228_145659_zpsurakmbuy.jpg

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/669835_AP_Customs_Rhino_Low_Mass_5_56_Bolt_Carrier_Group_Picture_Review_and_POF_Roller_Cam_installation.html

I'm currently using a standard carbine buffer.  When I get it to the range I will bring some others so I can slow it down if I decide it needs it.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 3:58:54 PM EDT
[#39]
For anyone looking for a budget low mass carrier, rubber city armory is now offering one.  Not as light as the AP Custom, but retains forward assist serrations if you want it.

https://www.rubbercityarmory.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=51
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 6:28:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ponder this:

AR, mounted in tripod, upside down, 100 round SF mags, spade grip/trigger, hooked to hand crank, hand crank gear-increased to 1:2.

Could be awesome.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 6:51:11 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote
Feels pretty legit huh?

Link Posted: 3/21/2015 5:31:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Pondering doing something like this now that I have some free time.

This is a way to use a Dolos quick detach barrel with a bipod. The thing on the bottom would be rectangular steel attached to a reciter clamp. I would perhaps put something to attach to the barrel because it's not important for me to free float and I would like to spread the stress. It might be as simple as a spring clip on the barrel though; just something that stops the tube from bending too far out of parallel.

M249 bipods could be used, and probably the hand-guards as well.

A matching barrel would be ready to swap out.

I think this is doable.

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 12:15:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Pondering doing something like this now that I have some free time.

This is a way to use a Dolos quick detach barrel with a bipod. The thing on the bottom would be rectangular steel attached to a reciter clamp. I would perhaps put something to attach to the barrel because it's not important for me to free float and I would like to spread the stress. It might be as simple as a spring clip on the barrel though; just something that stops the tube from bending too far out of parallel.

M249 bipods could be used, and probably the hand-guards as well.

A matching barrel would be ready to swap out.

I think this is doable.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/schkoot/91ACCF16-B2D1-4DD2-B3AD-35615265030C_zpsw9l3zzis.jpg

View Quote

Duuuuuuuuuude, that's a kick ass idea. I thought that dolos gimmick was, well, just a gimmick. I really think you have something there. Combo that with a belt feed mechanism and you'd have a legit SAW.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 12:18:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Anyone have a link to the dolos system?
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 12:52:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:02:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Hello there,

I am an older gun guy and have been bumping since before it was all the rage..maybe not the rage anymore, but still very fun.

I came into a fair priced used Fostech bump stock recently (had one before but sold it for whatever reason.

I plan to build a dedicated bumper again.

Besides the occasional OOB occurrence, would a 9mm experience as many hammer follows.....do you think. I would still set it up as a prone or bench style gun.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:10:08 PM EDT
[#48]
I expect it would experience fewer hammer follow issues, but it's much more likely to have OOB issues.  You wouldn't have to worry about the time it takes for the rotating bolt to close, I don't think it would be pretty if you lit one off too early though.

On my 5.56 gun I've moved to the Sprinco Orange spring.  It is very stiff compared to stock.  Other springs I would consider looking into are the Tubbs flatwire .308 spring, ARES Armor's Shrike spring, MGW's 2x spring or a cut down MG34 spring.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:36:47 PM EDT
[#49]
I have had a few OOBs before in other 9mm setups when bumping, but most of the few that I had were related to something causing the bolt to slightly drag and close very slowly when almost into battery....then causing the OOB ignition. It didn't hurt anything, it just gets your attention
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:40:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Another benefit to the 9mm is the short stroke needed.  I would shorten the stroke as much as possible, maximize spring strength for a faster return and try to find a buffer that minimizes bolt bounce without being too heavy - again to minimize time out of battery.

What parts are you planning on using so far?
Page / 21
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top