User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 21
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 6:48:59 PM EDT
[#1]
From my previous experience, I was able to bump fastest with AIM lightweight BCG and 60 rd Magpul
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 9:21:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From my previous experience, I was able to bump fastest with AIM lightweight BCG and 60 rd Magpul
View Quote
What trigger?
Buffer?
Buffer spring?
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 10:48:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Geiselle sd3g and super 42
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 11:41:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Geiselle sd3g and super 42
View Quote
Got video
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 12:03:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Upper no 2 is together.
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 4:21:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
LSW Testing

(If someone with a membership would embed, that would be awesome)

My theory hinges on the fact that maximum rate of fire, while awesome on the range and downright terrifying downrange for short periods, is not especially practical for a magazine-fed individual weapon. Instead, I believe that a lower rate of fire, say 400rpm, will balance suppression with managing barrel heat and ammunition consumption. This will allow the weapon to stay in the fight longer before needing to cool the barrel or exhausting ammunition. I suspect that a light single-stage trigger will be ideal for this role; I have considered binary triggers but I honestly don't think (at this time) they are worth the expense.

However, calling such a weapon a SAW doesn't quite work. I'm thinking that LSW, or Light Support Weapon, is probably a better term. It has better sustained-fire capability than a standard rifle or carbine, while only gaining a couple pounds in weight, but is not on the same level as a 249. Frankly, given the context in which it would be utilized, it doesn't need to be.

Ammunition will probably be carried in a single D60, to be loaded in the weapon when on a patrol, and a large number of 40-round magazines. The D60 will provide massive initial firepower when reacting to or initiating contact. It would be great to carry all rounds in D60s, but they are very bulky and not suitable to being carried on individual LBE in quantity. The 40-rounders seem to be a good compromise between capacity and size.
View Quote
Cool post.

I have to disagree about a light trigger being better for this role than a bump fire stock or binary trigger. Your trigger finger WILL fatigue and then you won't be doing much different than any other person in your.....squad(?). The video below was easy to do and could run all day with no fatigue.

The two main reasons most of us are running fast RoF is because it's fun, and because it helps avoid malfs.

For a long time I was running mine in the 500-600 rpm range and I was pretty happy with the results. I'd almost prefer it be like that again.

Link Posted: 12/16/2017 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Cool post.

I have to disagree about a light trigger being better for this role than a bump fire stock or binary trigger. Your trigger finger WILL fatigue and then you won't be doing much different than any other person in your.....squad(?). The video below was easy to do and could run all day with no fatigue.

The two main reasons most of us are running fast RoF is because it's fun, and because it helps avoid malfs.

For a long time I was running mine in the 500-600 rpm range and I was pretty happy with the results. I'd almost prefer it be like that again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXp5YxZ3txU
View Quote
Since that post, I got the opportunity to use an Echo trigger with my LSW upper (which also gained an EoTech 512). I am now saving for a binary trigger; having the option is great even it is not used at all times. I definitely see your point regarding fatigue.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 11:49:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Bump
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 1:36:10 PM EDT
[#9]
If anyone is looking for 3D printer files for bump stocks, they have links on JT Grip Solutions FB page.  https://www.facebook.com/JT-GRIP-Solutions-Bump-Fire-Pistol-Grips-1709609982513201/
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 1:37:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Finally getting an optic for the bumpsaw. Grabbed a Vortex UH-1 for $418

Hopefully it will be here soon so I can get out for a test fire soon.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 3:22:08 PM EDT
[#11]

The reticle is fuzzy though
Contacted Vortex to see what they can do.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#12]
That sucks.  Hopefully they get it fixed soon.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 2:05:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Aside from the fuzziness/ flaw, how does the Vortex compare to an Eotech?
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 3:06:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:  https://i.imgur.com/rrDckAZ.jpg

View Quote
Might have to contact your ophthalmologist.  Astigmatism isn't the fault of the optic.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 4:21:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Might have to contact your ophthalmologist.  Astigmatism isn't the fault of the optic.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  https://i.imgur.com/rrDckAZ.jpg

Ye I figured that out, it doesn't show itself (astigmatism) very bad at all with my other red dots, so I didn't even think of it. I guess the design doesn't work, but we'll see. I am going to hit the range Thursday morning and see how I do with it in a range setting. Maybe I had the brightness up too much. Crazy my only day off in 2 weeks and I'm going to get up at 5:30am to hit the range. Got the bumpsaw, wanna sight in my Garand, do the 25yard challenge, some ccw work, shit I'll probably just bring everything and stay til noon  
I'll bring the GoPro and take a new video.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 8:56:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

... shit I'll probably just bring everything and stay til noon  
View Quote
Guns - Cyanide & Happiness Shorts
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:12:05 PM EDT
[#17]
I just had an "aha!" moment. Last range trip when I still had the sd3g in...

I was able to very effectively bumpfire using my finger with no shelf from the stock (shot righty, it's a left handed stock)

Could I get a pistol buffer or similar and use one of these guys for a stock?

I am broke at the moment, no idea how the internals on that stock work but I want my bumpsaw to be as 249esq as possible

discuss.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 1:44:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Well, if you're just doing it for looks, it's probably gonna be a bit high - you might need a Beowulf X mount w/ that stock.

Then you're gonna run a steel or aluminum connector down to the pistol grip?
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 1:57:44 AM EDT
[#19]
My next outing (maybe last) with the Mk1 BumpSAW will have a video of me shooting with, and then taking the stock off to continue bumping.

If I finish up the job I'm this week I should make it out shooting this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 9:17:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Well, if you're just doing it for looks, it's probably gonna be a bit high - you might need a Beowulf X mount w/ that stock.

Then you're gonna run a steel or aluminum connector down to the pistol grip?
View Quote
That's what I was thinking. I hope I'm not biting off more than I can handle. Apparently the tube diam is slightly smaller than an AR tube, so some fitment would be needed. Then I was thinking to limit the travel, milling out 1-2 of the position detents in the buffer tube so the pin on the stock moves between the holes but limits travel.

I'm hoping those that have done the home brews can chime in.
I'm thinking you also have to shave the grip itself at the walls where it fits to the lower receiver so it slides on the receiver nub?
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 9:21:13 PM EDT
[#21]
That should work. You will also need to capture the safety detent.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 1:02:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That should work. You will also need to capture the safety detent.
View Quote
got a tap from Undefined's old amazon thread for liek $2
1/32 I think right?

Just realized this is going to end up costing me way more than I thought originally.
I'll have to redo the foam in my case for starters.  

Which led to the realization as I scrolled imgur for that pic... that I possibly could use the foam cutter to get a better cut on my K grip for this sort of project
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 3:53:17 PM EDT
[#23]
You guys have been very inspirational.  I've had this on my to do list forever and its seems to becoming a now or never.  After waiting almost 6 months my left handed Fostech accessory finally arrived.  I ve gotten a Spikes tactical lower and also have all my lower parts.  Already had a standard mil spec trigger group laying around from when I put a SD3G in my AR.  I am having a hard time choosing an upper and parts.  Can't decide between 16 or 18 inches?  Seems like chrome lined is definitely the consensus here.  It will have a bipod.  Mid length gas system?  I am assuming free floating rails to be preferred? Oh yeah is a side charging upper improving performance?  Rail suggestion for heat dispersion?  Thanks for your time
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 4:57:03 PM EDT
[#24]
I would just avoid too much weight.  If you get too much weight it cuts down on recoil and makes it harder to bump.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 8:27:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I would just avoid too much weight.  If you get too much weight it cuts down on recoil and makes it harder to bump.
View Quote
I'm probably going to save a few oz with the SAVIT stock. However it will be on the non-reciprocating end

I was probably going to attempt to lighten the under rail a bit, just drill some cutouts.

Plenty of meat on it.

Link Posted: 3/15/2018 8:05:18 AM EDT
[#26]
M60 style Bi-pod question.

I have a bi-pod and want to attach it to a 20” AR barrel. After wading through all 20 some pages, I’m still not sure what I need to order?  Looks like some kind of collar/ adaptor that slides inside the bi-pod and attaches to the barrel. And then the flash hider attaches to “adaptor”

Thanks for any help
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 9:05:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
M60 style Bi-pod question.

I have a bi-pod and want to attach it to a 20" AR barrel. After wading through all 20 some pages, I'm still not sure what I need to order?  Looks like some kind of collar/ adaptor that slides inside the bi-pod and attaches to the barrel. And then the flash hider attaches to "adaptor"

Thanks for any help
View Quote
@SkilletsUSMC - He's used the M60 bipods.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 10:09:46 PM EDT
[#28]
tool help in case any of you fuckers wanna help me not loose an eye
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 10:31:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/rrDckAZ.jpg

View Quote
That thing looks awesome man
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 10:33:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/rrDckAZ.jpg

gracias  
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 5:16:11 PM EDT
[#31]

I'm back boys....

- Clint
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 6:21:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Looks like a good photo chop.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 6:23:54 PM EDT
[#33]
The Fostechs are a good looking stock.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 6:57:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Looks like a good photo chop.
View Quote
My kid was getting his senior pics taken and I had it in my truck... while they were changing clothes I asked the photog if she'd take a pic and this is what she did.... like #Bumpsaw glamour shots lol

- Clint
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 8:46:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 10:14:13 PM EDT
[#36]
friggin LWRC.

I swear each time I order from them they fuck shit up and delay my order.

Still waiting for the UCIW buffer so I can begin dremeling the SAVIT stock
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 11:56:45 PM EDT
[#37]
For those that avoid GD, we need your help..

DoJ comments needed starting tomorrow
Page / 21
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top