User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 21
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:13:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I will post pictures and video when I get a chance to take it out. It might be a few weeks or so. I have a newborn at the house so it's hard to get away. In the mean time please check out the video I watched and let me know what you think about the play it has front to back.

2:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm-9tzaaHXI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Edit: also how do you think it would work to extend the finger shelf on the stock another 1/8" to compensate for the SD3G trigger being further forward?
View Quote
That thing looks perfect

They sure don't give them away looking at pricing, but they look awesome and good for a ton of applications.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:19:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Uh oh Skillets...

Sarco has M2 tripods with T&E for not many monies.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:27:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Uh oh Skillets...

Sarco has M2 tripods with T&E for not many monies.

View Quote

Damn... (Opens tab; checks account balance).

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:28:52 PM EDT
[#4]
This is what I was thinking of getting for Bump-SAW 2.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:48:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Link man, LINK!!

Also....I like it. May steal your thunder
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 12:13:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Link man, LINK!!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link man, LINK!!

Go ahead and steal away! The moar the merrier!

Tango Down Advanced Combat Bipod

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:23:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 2:38:25 AM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link man, LINK!!

https://www.rainierarms.com/img/shop/product/83d865ee9ddf5bce6b394b5eeb02a34f.jpg

I can already tell I want that bipod, and I haven't even assembled my gun yet.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:03:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/vIM8BMXLdgY
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link man, LINK!!

https://www.rainierarms.com/img/shop/product/83d865ee9ddf5bce6b394b5eeb02a34f.jpg

They aren't cheap...
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:50:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They aren't cheap...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link man, LINK!!

They aren't cheap...

Damn straight. $209 is...a little high.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:11:56 AM EDT
[#11]
The S3G might solve the problem of the SD3G flat bow. Same pull weight, curved bow.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:16:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The S3G might solve the problem of the SD3G flat bow. Same pull weight, curved bow.
View Quote

Based on my experience with a home brew slide fire on an AK, pull length and reset distance are not critical for a slide fire.   I am using the SD3G, but I am trying to build a bump fire gun without slide fire so minimal distances for pull and reset are much more critical.

However, pull weight can still matter, esp. depending on the weight of the gun.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 12:32:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Bump gun without a slide stock eh? How about this? It's pretty old but it might work with the S3G/SD3G. I think he's using something more standard of a trigger:

http://youtu.be/PVfwFP_RwTQ

Not considered the same as the shoe string if I recall correctly.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:05:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:44:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Bump gun without a slide stock eh? How about this? It's pretty old but it might work with the S3G/SD3G. I think he's using something more standard of a trigger:

View Quote

I remember talking about this a way back. Wouldn't getting a really hard trigger spring do the same thing?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:50:18 PM EDT
[#16]

For those of us without Pacer...what's the claim, a patent infringement?  Has BFS been told to stop sales by the court system?

Thanks
Wes
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:51:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I remember talking about this a way back. Wouldn't getting a really hard trigger spring do the same thing?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

An extra heavy trigger spring should be very similar.

It's really not needed on a 9mm though.  9mm's are blowback and don't have the timing issues that a 5.56 gun will.  They don't need any extra time for the bolt to close at the end of the stroke before the firing pin can reach the primer.

9mm's also use a heavy bolt that pushes the gun forward slightly when it returns to battery.  I think you could replicate that video with just an SD3G or AR Gold trigger in a standard 9mm setup.  If you wanted a higher cyclic rate you could shorten the stroke or use an extended buffer so their is less overall travel during the cycle, this also prevents the bolt catch from breaking when it gets struck by the bolt.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:53:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It's really not needed on a 9mm though.  9mm's are blowback and don't have the timing issues that a 5.56 gun will.  They don't need any extra time for the bolt to close at the end of the stroke before the firing pin can reach the primer.

9mm's also use a heavy bolt that pushes the gun forward slightly when it returns to battery.  I think you could replicate that video with just an SD3G or AR Gold trigger in a standard 9mm setup.  If you wanted a higher cyclic rate you could shorten the stroke or use an extended buffer so their is less overall travel during the cycle, this also prevents the bolt catch from breaking when it gets struck by the bolt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree!
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:30:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

For those of us without Pacer...what's the claim, a patent infringement?  Has BFS been told to stop sales by the court system?

Thanks
Wes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks
Wes

the initial filing was yesterday, no injunction has been ordered
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:06:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Thanks
Wes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks
Wes

Yes, it's a patent infringement claim.  Finally FO'd.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:46:12 AM EDT
[#21]
The longer, stronger BUMP-SAW...

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:54:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Looking good, how long until she sees the range?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:45:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Looking good, how long until she sees the range?
View Quote

It would have been this weekend, but some grown-up responsibilities came up. Probably two weeks from now.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:47:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Posted this over in the Offical Bumpsaw GD thread,but didnt get a response.  So I thought I would post it over here. Has anyone tried to get a bumpfire stock(either homemade or forstech/slidefire) to work on a semi-auto M249 (http://www.machinegunarmory.com/firearms.html)?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:41:06 AM EDT
[#25]
bumping blow back guns is asking for out of battery denotations...

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 3:06:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Posted this over in the Offical Bumpsaw GD thread,but didnt get a response.  So I thought I would post it over here. Has anyone tried to get a bumpfire stock(either homemade or forstech/slidefire) to work on a semi-auto M249 (http://www.machinegunarmory.com/firearms.html)?
View Quote

Yeah sorry about that. I don't know anyone with a semi M249. I assume the principles would remain the same, but the rate of fire might be pretty slow due to weight.

If you have one, we'd all love to see an attempt!
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 3:19:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yeah sorry about that. I don't know anyone with a semi M249. I assume the principles would remain the same, but the rate of fire might be pretty slow due to weight.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wish I had one! If I get the job I'm applying for,there will be a bumpfire AR and RPK.  And MAYBE a semi M249
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:54:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I wish I had one! If I get the job I'm applying for,there will be a bumpfire AR and RPK.  And MAYBE a semi M249
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For that kind of bread you can get one of THESE GUNS and a LOT of ammo.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:26:45 PM EDT
[#29]
couple of questions, been lurking....'
I am finishing up a dissipator upper on slidefire stock. Quadrail and bipod

Anybody have any suggestions on muzzle device? Break or flash hider?

Also, what sights are u guys running, I have been looking at an eotech for this type of build. Thanks!

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 2:06:56 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm running a flash hider because I was worried I wouldn't have enough recoil with a muzzle brake to get the trigger to reset, now that I've ran it a bit I think I'm going to throw a muzzle brake on it the next time I take it out.

I think an eotech is a good choice. Any red dot or a low power magnification scope with a good sized eye box will work. Our issue M249's have ACOGs on them now.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 3:41:17 PM EDT
[#31]
good news, i was really thinking about a battlecomp. Any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 3:53:04 PM EDT
[#32]
The DPMS Miculek compensator is very effictive and only costs $30.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:34:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm running a flash hider because I was worried I wouldn't have enough recoil with a muzzle brake to get the trigger to reset, now that I've ran it a bit I think I'm going to throw a muzzle brake on it the next time I take it out.

I think an eotech is a good choice. Any red dot or a low power magnification scope with a good sized eye box will work. Our issue M249's have ACOGs on them now.
View Quote

The sight picture on the cheapo PA3X I used to have on my gun was surprisingly effective. I think it would be even more so now that I have my Fostech limited in how far the gun and stock can move away from each other.

Next time I have my Bump-SAW out I'll take a picture of my DIY slide distance limiter. It's basically a piece of femo clay I took out of my youngest son's art box and made into a tiny gun part.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:40:20 PM EDT
[#34]
OK, I am interested in learning exactly what "lock time" is regarding an AR-15 trigger. I will admit my ignorance here.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:49:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
OK, I am interested in learning exactly what "lock time" is regarding an AR-15 trigger. I will admit my ignorance here.
View Quote

amount of time between the hammer being released from the trigger and the firing pin piercing the primer
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:59:52 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

amount of time between the hammer being released from the trigger and the firing pin piercing the primer
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Max nailed it, factors include hammer weight, spring strength and firing pin weight on the AR.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:02:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Max nailed it, factors include hammer weight, spring strength and firing pin weight on the AR.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool, that's what I thought. Since I didn't know what it was, I never looked for it. Is it a common spec to find?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:13:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:  Cool, that's what I thought. Since I didn't know what it was, I never looked for it. Is it a common spec to find?
View Quote

On good triggers, it's advertised.  On slow ones, they don't specify, which is the clue.  Oddly, in this setup, we're looking for good (light) triggers with slow locktimes.  It's relatively easy - look for expensive triggers with good pulls that don't specify locktimes - they're slower than expensive triggers that tell you how fast they are.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:13:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

On good triggers, it's advertised.  On slow ones, they don't specify, which is the clue.  Oddly, in this setup, we're looking for good (light) triggers with slow locktimes.  It's relatively easy - look for expensive triggers with good pulls that don't specify locktimes - they're slower than expensive triggers that tell you how fast they are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Cool, that's what I thought. Since I didn't know what it was, I never looked for it. Is it a common spec to find?

So a heavy hammer with a light spring...
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:40:50 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty much.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:02:18 PM EDT
[#41]
I'll cross post this, from the GD thread:

Heres the video I took today.  Stupid ios 8 wont let me upload in HD for some reason.  So here's the crappy version.

I was having trouble.  I couldn't get more than a couple shots to fire when trying to hold on top of the buffer tube and pushing forward on the charging handle.

As you can see in the vid, when I grabbed the rail (which was hot ) then the reciever and pulled it forward, it ran perfectly.

Also you'll see me run into the charging handle interference, which I will fix for good tonight.

Lots of fun.  Best $100.00 I ever spent.

Well, if you include all the parts for the new gun, more like 6-700  

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:24:53 PM EDT
[#42]
As stated in the other thread, it's probably unintentional down force with your left hand.

Another idea is that it could be your stock tube being a couple of degrees out of rotation making it more sensitive to pressure.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:33:28 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

As stated in the other thread, it's probably unintentional down force with your left hand.

Another idea is that it could be your stock tube being a couple of degrees out of rotation making it more sensitive to pressure.
View Quote
Their is also quite a bit of overtravel in his build.  I think a stop for the stock would make it easier to keep running with the support hand over the rear of the rifle.  A short reset trigger would of course make it easier as well.

Great looking build, I like how the colors worked out.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:59:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Their is also quite a bit of overtravel in his build.  I think a stop for the stock would make it easier to keep running with the support hand over the rear of the rifle.  A short reset trigger would of course make it easier as well.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

What do you mean by over travel?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:06:46 PM EDT
[#45]
I was referring to the extra travel the rifle has in the stock system after the rifle has traveled far enough to the rear to reset the trigger.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:34:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quick question:

If YOU were going to make a different Bump-SAW upper, would you care about it being CL or melonited? I am looking at a complete upper that will suit my idea, but the barrel is chromoly. Hoe much faster is this thing going to shoot out? I've never owned a non-CL or Melonited barrel.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:14:41 PM EDT
[#47]
I would think in this game bbls would be treated as disposable items.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:47:02 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quick question:

If YOU were going to make a different Bump-SAW upper, would you care about it being CL or melonited? I am looking at a complete upper that will suit my idea, but the barrel is chromoly. Hoe much faster is this thing going to shoot out? I've never owned a non-CL or Melonited barrel.
View Quote
I think the bigger issue than barrel wear is stuck cases.  Lots of rounds between cleaning and non-CL chambers are more likely to have extraction issues.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:10:05 PM EDT
[#49]
The other thing with barrels is throat erosion, and acceptable accuracy loss limits.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:40:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Passed on the barrel. I got some other stuff instead. I figured "two is one, one is none" and all that.

Page / 21
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top