Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For the good of the group.

~Augee
View Quote

You're my hero
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:22:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Thanks Augee, welcome to the thread bes.

Unfortunately I won't be able to watch the videos until I'm home tonight.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:55:32 PM EDT
[#3]
what muzzle device is everyone using? I want a legit fn m249 one but unless my call tomorrow to the shitbucket FN/Browning parts dept goes well, I don't see any for sale. (new type, not the basketed mushroom a2 looking ones)
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 1:39:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
what muzzle device is everyone using? I want a legit fn m249 one but unless my call tomorrow to the shitbucket FN/Browning parts dept goes well, I don't see any for sale. (new type, not the basketed mushroom a2 looking ones)
View Quote

I'm just using an A2.  One of those spots that helped keep costs down
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 2:02:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Nice setup.  I was like - what are those orange tips?  Then I had a flashback - them be tracers!  
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 8:11:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Nice setup.  I was like - what are those orange tips?  Then I had a flashback - them be tracers!  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Tracers indeed

I wasted them though.  I was shooting at high noon- no clouds, and ran through all 300rds of m193 that I brought.  Eager to shoot more, and the last time I'd be able to shoot it for a while, I used all 120rds of tracers.  My spotter could see them, but I couldn't.  A bit of a waste  Much more fun in dimmer conditions.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 12:49:59 AM EDT
[#7]
So roomie finished the pic for possible shirts
She gave me the weirdest look when I told her to google major league door kicker  

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 3:30:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Late to the party and only on page 7 of the thread but had a couple quick questions. Sorry in advance if they're redundant.

1. Bump Fire stocks shut down? If so, would you buy a used stock for $120 or just cough up the rest for a slide fire?
2. Is there a consensus on barrel/gas length. I was looking at doing a 18"20" rifle but keep seeing alot of 16" carbines.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 3:43:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Late to the party and only on page 7 of the thread but had a couple quick questions. Sorry in advance if they're redundant.

1. Bump Fire stocks shut down? If so, would you buy a used stock for $120 or just cough up the rest for a slide fire?
2. Is there a consensus on barrel/gas length. I was looking at doing a 18"20" rifle but keep seeing a lot of 16" carbines.
View Quote

I wasn't aware that they shut down.  Maybe someone else could shed light on that.

16"-18" carbine or mid length works well.  Going to a longer/rifle length system is usually just too heavy to get reliable ROF.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 4:10:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

2. Is there a consensus on barrel/gas length. I was looking at doing a 18"20" rifle but keep seeing alot of 16" carbines.
View Quote
I think 16" carbine is easier to get good bumps from.  Less weight issues and plenty of gas available.

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 7:34:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

1.  Grabagun has new gen 1 Slidefires for $115.  I would suspect a BFS would be about $75 used, or that's about what I was going to put mine on the EE for.

2.  Either can work.  My 20" worked fine even with a comp.  LMG needs the velocity for max effectiveness
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 9:13:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would not have any problem buying a used one, I already own a couple of them and they run fine, used or new, there is nothing to really break on them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 1:10:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I wasn't aware that they shut down.  Maybe someone else could shed light on that.

16"-18" carbine or mid length works well.  Going to a longer/rifle length system is usually just too heavy to get reliable ROF.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Late to the party and only on page 7 of the thread but had a couple quick questions. Sorry in advance if they're redundant.

2. Is there a consensus on barrel/gas length. I was looking at doing a 18"20" rifle but keep seeing a lot of 16" carbines.

Bump Fire Systems folded like a 2nd place Democratic Presidential candidate.  Slide Fire hit them over the head w/ the patent.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 8:29:29 AM EDT
[#14]
OST
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 8:39:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Bump Fire Systems folded like a 2nd place Democratic Presidential candidate.  Slide Fire hit them over the head w/ the patent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  Late to the party and only on page 7 of the thread but had a couple quick questions. Sorry in advance if they're redundant.

Dayum.  Glad I got mine when I did!
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 9:25:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Slowely building a bumpsaw, anyone planning on trying out a binary trigger?
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 9:28:22 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote

I don't have any plans to mix a bumpsaw with a binary trigger.  I believe you would need an aluminum carrier to get any semblance of reliability.  ROF would be extremely high.

I do like the binary triggers, lot's of fun and they work great for shoulder firing.  I've got some video from the Frankford I used to have.  I'm waiting on a Fostech right now.  Hopefully I'll get a chance to try the new Frankford as well.

Link Posted: 8/2/2016 9:54:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Just ordered a bump fire stock from the EE and when it gets in I'm going to throw it on an x39 AR i've got in the safe that doesn't see any action. Pop a bipod on there and look for a range to get kicked out of :)
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 5:21:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Aim Lightweight BCG's are back in stock.

Got one in the cart for my first build, these still high up on the list with a sprinco orange spring?
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 5:26:15 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Got one in the cart for my first build, these still high up on the list with a sprinco orange spring?
View Quote
I still like the combo

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 6:12:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I still like the combo

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I still like the combo

Any difference, function wise, between the Nitride and NiB versions?
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 8:29:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I still like the combo

No, pretty much the same weight.  Just different finishes.  Either will work great
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 8:46:45 AM EDT
[#23]
GM-M9 16" 1:9 Twist M4 Barrel Chromed and Phosphated for $99 - Decent barrel for the application?

DAVIDSON DEFENSE AR-15 LE/Military 5.56 Barrel 16" Black Nitride Finish 1-7 SOCOM TAPER By Core 15 - $98 w/ free shipping

Any other deals for barrels or even complete uppers out there? Looking to set up a simple upper for now to figure out what I do and don't like before completely jumping down the rabbit hole.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 11:27:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I don't have any plans to mix a bumpsaw with a binary trigger.  I believe you would need an aluminum carrier to get any semblance of reliability.  ROF would be extremely high.

I do like the binary triggers, lot's of fun and they work great for shoulder firing.  I've got some video from the Frankford I used to have.  I'm waiting on a Fostech right now.  Hopefully I'll get a chance to try the new Frankford as well.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Extremely high ROF is what I am looking for.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 12:37:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Skillets was getting 1100 IIRC with his fostech at one point, and another poster I believe got up to 1400.  

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 1:46:47 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Skillets was getting 1100 IIRC with his fostech at one point, and another poster I believe got up to 1400.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm the one who got 1400 with an aluminum carrier.

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 2:04:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
GM-M9 16" 1:9 Twist M4 Barrel Chromed and Phosphated for $99 - Decent barrel for the application?

DAVIDSON DEFENSE AR-15 LE/Military 5.56 Barrel 16" Black Nitride Finish 1-7 SOCOM TAPER By Core 15 - $98 w/ free shipping

Any other deals for barrels or even complete uppers out there? Looking to set up a simple upper for now to figure out what I do and don't like before completely jumping down the rabbit hole.
View Quote

Get on Palmetto State Armory's email list.... they do some really cheap daily deals.

- Clint
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 6:18:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Anybody tried a bumpfire grip?

Wondering if this would work on a 9mm pistol?

Link Posted: 8/8/2016 9:54:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, that's got to be pushing the upper envelope of the mag's ability to feed. Very well done though.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Build almost done  
thread

Link Posted: 8/14/2016 4:12:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Pretty awesome para

- Clint
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 12:39:10 PM EDT
[#33]
How does this barrel look for a build? PSA 16" SOCOM 4150 Melonite 1/7
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 12:42:50 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

How does this barrel look for a build? PSA 16" SOCOM 4150 Melonite 1/7
View Quote
Looks like a pretty good choice to me.  At that price buy a couple!

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 4:56:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Worked great with wolf gold and IMI 193. Golden Tiger fired fine (hard primers, thread discussing it here) but would not bump. Gas port opening time (adjustable block was 100% open)

Wolf and IMI fired great with H buffer and carbine spring. Neither would bump with the sprinco orange
As funds permit, may introduce a lightweight BCG, gotta get it drilled for the side charger though.

Videos.

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 5:18:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Freaking awesome run cccpNyC

- Clint
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 9:50:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Yea that's some slick shit.  Awesome!
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 3:00:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Thanks guys

Got a iM3100 case inbound. Going to custom cut the foam for the bumpsaw
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 8:30:08 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Worked great with wolf gold and IMI 193. Golden Tiger fired fine (hard primers, thread discussing it here) but would not bump. Gas port opening time (adjustable block was 100% open)

Wolf and IMI fired great with H buffer and carbine spring. Neither would bump with the sprinco orange

As funds permit, may introduce a lightweight BCG, gotta get it drilled for the side charger though.

Videos.

https://youtu.be/VLpYlxLc1vU

https://youtu.be/U16JIHd4msg
View Quote
bad ass cccpNyC

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 3:13:17 AM EDT
[#40]
anyone local to vegas? need a gunsmith to open up the gas port a bit (I'd probably cut my arm off trying to do it myself) and getting crickets in the HT forum
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 4:28:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I own a full auto FNC so you can imagine I have done some serious research into the subject, from what all my research tells me.  120 rounds in very short succession should be safe for a quality barrel.   You are "probably" okay at 160 rounds assuming you start with a totally cold barrel.   Recently found out Surefire aligns with the 120 round count for their SOCOM cans which is way less than I thought, but someone on silencer talk ruptured one going past that count by not a lot.

You go past 200 rounds in short succession of magdumps and you are putting premature wear on your barrel at best.

Really wish I had more time to experiment with mine, I get it out like 6 months and forget what I tried last time.  Anyway, Slidefire includes CMC triggers with some of their kits.  I have yet to put mine on.  I have tried it with an Armalite two stage and the results weren't the greatest.  I do have a lightweight BCG.  I am going to try the CMC next as I have it laying around.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Limited bursts and cool down time will really save barrel life.  It doesn't matter if it's double chrome lined or melonite - if you start dumping betas through it the barrel will quickly be toast.

I know you posted this a year ago, but I am curious as to how hot is too hot to run a barrel.

Is 4 x 30 round PMAG dumps over a 10 minute (dump, get up, chat, review footage, change shooters, repeat x 4) too much?

I own a full auto FNC so you can imagine I have done some serious research into the subject, from what all my research tells me.  120 rounds in very short succession should be safe for a quality barrel.   You are "probably" okay at 160 rounds assuming you start with a totally cold barrel.   Recently found out Surefire aligns with the 120 round count for their SOCOM cans which is way less than I thought, but someone on silencer talk ruptured one going past that count by not a lot.

You go past 200 rounds in short succession of magdumps and you are putting premature wear on your barrel at best.

Really wish I had more time to experiment with mine, I get it out like 6 months and forget what I tried last time.  Anyway, Slidefire includes CMC triggers with some of their kits.  I have yet to put mine on.  I have tried it with an Armalite two stage and the results weren't the greatest.  I do have a lightweight BCG.  I am going to try the CMC next as I have it laying around.

120 seems awfully low to me. I know I've dumped through more than that my self. Isn't there a video of a guy firing 1000 rounds full auto through a m4?
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 8:19:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Let a friend try out my bumpsaw last night; he had trouble getting off longer strings (I say user error) but still loved it.
*crossposted from GD*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGnaxCWAnfY
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 10:00:48 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Videos.

https://youtu.be/VLpYlxLc1vU

https://youtu.be/U16JIHd4msg
View Quote
That looked fun!

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 1:25:41 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Let a friend try out my bumpsaw last night; he had trouble getting off longer strings (I say user error) but still loved it.

*crossposted from GD*

View Quote
What is your target board made of?

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 1:47:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
*crossposted from GD*

It's just snow fence over wooden posts.  Just paperclip targets and replace as needed.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 2:54:42 AM EDT
[#46]
If anyone has aspirations to add a m249 buttpad/wire shoulder thing that goes up for cheap....  (see alaskancajuns pics for reference)

kicking myself I already have the parts. Paid 10x that amount for it too almost

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/582198220
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 2:56:09 AM EDT
[#47]
some updated pitchurs

SAW type grip and pelican case.

yes I realize the KNS pin is twerked
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 12:22:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Pelican case foam done. will adjust as I add rear sight and butt pad.

used this...

Proxxon 37080 hot wire cutter

It was a very shallow learning curve, as long as you take your time, works great.
Now I gotta finish up my other 1650 case I got off Amazon for $75
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 1:50:40 PM EDT
[#49]
looks awesome, good job

- Clint
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:51:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Oops wrong thread.
Page / 21
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top