Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/22/2014 9:46:31 PM EDT
As the title states I'm getting 1:00 ejection but runs flawless, should I worry about it or get a heavier buffer I have a spikes ST-T2 in now.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:37:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Sprinco red spring and heavier buffer should help.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:58:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't get why right away people opine big springs and heavy buffers.

It runs fine, maybe an H or H2 at the most. If it's not showing any other signs of over-gassing then leave it alone.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:00:33 PM EDT
[#3]
What configuration are you running? Barrel length, gas system, suppressed or not, etc?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:58:19 PM EDT
[#4]
It's overgassed. Invest in an SLR Rifle Works adjustable Gas block. I run it with a 1oz buffer. Super soft recoil Bruh
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 4:21:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Try a H2 and new action spring.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 4:27:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't get why right away people opine big springs and heavy buffers.

It runs fine, maybe an H or H2 at the most. If it's not showing any other signs of over-gassing then leave it alone.
View Quote

ST-2 is within a couple tenths of an H2.
Some people don't like their brass being flung forward of the firing line.
For 1 o'clock I'd be kinda surprised if it didn't have other signs of the timing being off.
Heavier spring or buffer is the easy way or adj gas block is the ideal way, real problem or not.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 4:32:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Mine does the same, OP.

Zero failures in at least 2,000 rounds.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 4:45:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I dont understand peoples desire to dick with stuff that works.... A reliable ar is what you want and have. Dont fix it if it aint broke. /thread
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 4:46:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 4:52:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Leave it alone...if its running flawless and clearing spent cases dont go looking to solve a non problem.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:19:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for all the help I was just asking the question SHOULD I BE WORRIED ABOUT IT,  I have ran 2000 rounds so far without a hiccup I was just worried that being over gassed would I induce premature wear. Adjustable gas block is not an option it's already pinned and welded.  Chrome silicon spring, spikes ST-T2, and 13.7 barrel
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:26:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Then why mess with it? Some chart tells you to?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As the title states I'm getting 1:00 ejection but runs flawless, should I worry about it or get a heavier buffer I have a spikes ST-T2 in now.

This +11enty Billion. Spend your money on ammo and forget that stupid chart. Hell the empties could be bouncing off of your shell deflector and then going north.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:43:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Leave it alone.  It's running fine.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 7:14:54 AM EDT
[#14]
I wish people would forget that ejection pie chart.  If your weapon cycled reliably with every shot then what difference does it make what direction the brass flies.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 8:32:26 AM EDT
[#15]
I had the same issue...my casings weren't  hitting the deflector,  but were wearing the edge of the ejection port. So for the wear reason only I went to an H buffer. Problem fixed....perfect ejection.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 9:36:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I had the same issue...my casings weren't  hitting the deflector,  but were wearing the edge of the ejection port. So for the wear reason only I went to an H buffer. Problem fixed....perfect ejection.
View Quote

Hmmmm.  What does PERFECT mean??
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 10:55:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Several years ago when I first got started with ARs , I subscribed to and fretted about what direction brass was being ejected.

But now with a little more experience I don't care as long as ejects.   In any old measurement of the clock.

1 oclock. 5 oclock. or any point in between.   Don't care.

gd
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:36:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't worry your fine. I use H3 buffer with standard buffer spring in my 11.5 Colt. It ejects between 1 and 2 and I used heavier buffer to slow down and smooth cycle rate. It also helps with wear on the system.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 1:40:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted for truth. If it isn't broke and all...
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 1:57:52 PM EDT
[#20]
OP If given you have had a couple thousand trouble fee rounds I say let it run.  I have a rifle that does eject at around 1300hrs and I initially added an H2 to adjust this.  Wrong answer for me because what started to happen then was issues with chambering and feeding.  I since put the H buffer back in and no worries.  Ejection pattern is between  1600 and 1300 depending upon my load and I don't care where it ejects as long as my rifle is operating properly.  I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 7:47:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks everyone for their input I was just worried about premature wear on parts,  I have never had problems out of any of my AR's so I was just wondering should I be worried about this one.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 8:29:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It means that the brass clears the ejection port and doesn't get cut in the middle by the corner of the deflector like this:

or like this:

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 5:01:08 AM EDT
[#23]
mine does the same thing with 5.56 ammo, the brass is bouncing off the deflector. I am running a H buffer and was going to go with an adjustable gasblock also, but I decided to just leave it alone.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:12:01 AM EDT
[#24]
A heavier buffer should make it eject closer to the 3 o'clock which IMHO Is ideal. But that being said if it runs perfect then don't screw with it!
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:34:36 AM EDT
[#25]
I say if you dont like it change it. It takes 10 seconds to swap a buffer and another 10 seconds to put the old one back with zero chance of hurting reliability.  If you've got the cash why the hell not.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top