Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/13/2014 1:08:43 AM EDT
Anyone have any experience with both?  Any comments?
wondering how the CMMG 2 stage compares to the RR NM 2 stage or RR varmint 2 stage?
Thanks
SS33
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 1:33:34 AM EDT
[#1]
have run the RR and the CMMG the RR has a better break to me if you polish up contacting surfaces on the CMMG it well help ...but my favorite combo is a RR with a set of JP low weight springs...
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 6:19:27 AM EDT
[#2]
RRA NM is a match type 2 stage. Much better break.
CMMG is a combat type 2 stage. About 4.5 lb. break.

Dave N
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 7:54:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Save your money and get a Gressle SSA. I had a rock go from a two stage to a single stage within 200 rounds. I got two SSA's and they just keep giving a great trigger pull with no problems.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 1:00:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Save your money and get a Gressle SSA. I had a rock go from a two stage to a single stage within 200 rounds. I got two SSA's and they just keep giving a great trigger pull with no problems.
View Quote

Second on that. It was like I saw Jesus the first time I shot my rifle with the SSA-E in it.

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 7:46:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I"ve had a RR NM and Varmint 2 stages in all my ARs so far and they have provided clean 2 stage break with no issues.
If I had the $$$ I would invest maybe in a higher price trigger.  My shooting abilities really don't require the upgraded trigger since I'm over 50+ and my eye sight is starting to go also. lol
I was looking to find out if I would be satisfied with a CMMG since the RRs have been fine for me. I'm building a rifle for my fiance.  She has out grown standard barrel and trigger skills now and was going to make something a lil nicer for her.
If she gets to SSA level she can buy her own.
Anyway you shooters of the CMMG can it be made to be as clean as the RR?
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 8:49:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Dave N
View Quote

The RRA is set to over 4.5 lbs, the trigger needs to be 4.5 or more to be legal within the rules of NM HP.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 8:59:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The RRA is set to over 4.5 lbs, the trigger needs to be 4.5 or more to be legal within the rules of NM HP.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dave N

Again, the RRA has a much better break. Maybe cleaner would be a better word.
I've used both. The RRA hammer broke after 8K.
The CMMG has about 10K on it and still doing fine.

Dave N
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:23:51 PM EDT
[#8]
ok I have now tried them both and the RR is definitely a cleaner break.
since the price is so close I would not buy a CMMG again.
As far as failures I have had RR in most of my AR15s  for several years.
I have not been actively shooting much the last couple years so can't give you a big round count thru them. But I've never had a trigger failure yet.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:56:34 PM EDT
[#9]
For the price of the Geissele GS2 on fleebay, I think it's a no brainer.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:24:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Second on that. It was like I saw Jesus the first time I shot my rifle with the SSA-E in it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So true. Geissele is worth every penny.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:03:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
For the price of the Geissele GS2 on fleebay, I think it's a no brainer.
View Quote

RRA on here around $75 never seen a  Geissele G2S that low.

I'm a cheap ass.  If I'm happy with RRA why spend twice the price for G2S

Maybe one day I'll fork over the $$$ and be sold on them too, but I don't have the extra $$ to dump into triggers.

mommy doesn't give me that much allowance.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I loved my RRA until the hammer broke.
I really believe it was a defect in the metal.
That was also after about 8K of .22 LR.

RRA also replaced it.

For the small amount it cost, I was pretty happy with it.

Dave N
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:01:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I shot a guys RRA 2-stage sometime ago, loved it, very clean break seemed like a fairly light pull, didn't pay attention to reset, decided I wanted one.
I bought a CMMG 2-stage because I'm cheap, I'm not sure if I prefer it over a well used mil-spec with light springs, I haven't had access to a trigger scale or proof weights since I got it, to guess I'd say the first stage is 2-2.5lbs, and the second must be around 5-6lbs it's pretty heavy, I'm going to try some JPs in it one of these days when I quit procrastinating. The reset is nothing special. It's not awful I just don't think I gain anything with it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I've got both but haven't installed the cmmg yet to try it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:29:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a RR two stage on my spr. Clean smooth break imo. I like it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:51:45 PM EDT
[#16]
had both at one point or another, for a 'cheaper' 2 stage I run the armalite tactical 2 stage....fwiw
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top