Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2014 9:54:39 PM EDT
I just stopped in at buds gun shop today looking for my first ar I got it settled down to to different rifles the core 15 tac 3 and the daniel defense m4. I ended up putting the core 15 in lay away they helped me decide and thats what they chose plus I liked the way it felt compared to the DD I know it has the no BS lifetime warrenty but should I have put the daniel defense in lay away instead? I dont really want to change it since thats $243 bucks down the drain, just asking did I screw up?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:03:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Why will your $243 go down the drain. Buds won't switch the rifle for you? The DD is the better rifle but if you like the Core, it should serve you well.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:03:38 PM EDT
[#2]
The Daniel Defense is far superior. Hands down...why didn't you ask this question before you decided on one?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:03:47 PM EDT
[#3]
DD for sure! Call and ask if you can swap your deposit over.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:04:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Should have gone with the DD. Why is the money down the drain if you switch? They won't switch your deposit to a different rifle? DD is a better quality build and will have better resell value down the road if you ever need to sell it for any reason.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:06:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Im gonna go in there tomorrow and ask if I can since its right across the street from where I work. I was just asking since on buds website it says your deposit is non refundable or cant be switched but I think that may be an online only thing?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:12:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Im gonna go in there tomorrow and ask if I can since its right across the street from where I work. I was just asking since on buds website it says your deposit is non refundable or cant be switched but I think that may be an online only thing?
View Quote

Hopefully!
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:21:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I really hope so, I dont know what I was thinking when I did it. With the Daniel Defense being a little bit more expensive I think they may change it.
Oh and by the way thanks guys for a quick response looking forward to being a part of the ar 15 community.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:25:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome to the Forum man! All the best and good luck with the Daniel Defense. Let us know how it goes!!
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:27:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks and Will do Ill let you know how it goes tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 12:50:18 AM EDT
[#10]
DD no doubt about it
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:11:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Was thinking on going to the new Buds in Sevierville today for the check of it.
Hopefully the switch over your deposit, but the Core15 isn't that bad a rifle really. But the Daniels Defense is much better.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:02:11 AM EDT
[#12]
DD all the way, definitely worth $243 more
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:16:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The Daniel Defense is far superior. Hands down...why didn't you ask this question before you decided on one?
View Quote

This x1000.  Yeah ask afterwards
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:32:44 AM EDT
[#14]
You have to take sellers opinions with a grain of salt...some will sell you what they make the most on rather then whats best for you.  

DD is a popular and more expensive rifle but the Core is a very good rifle for its price point.

FYI, they have the blem Adam Arms Piston ARs (carbine & mid-length) for $599...its a GREAT deal and no one can find any blems on them.

Good Luck!

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:01:45 AM EDT
[#15]
I will say this, the promise that they made with bringing the new barrels in house has me curious. Plus why is the DD better? i have one of their barrels and while it shoots good, its no better than any other good barrel. Not trying to buck the system but people around ere get caught up in name brands just like high fashion. YMMV
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:03:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Buds is going to change my deposit over to the Daniel Defense
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:48:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Good.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:12:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I will say this, the promise that they made with bringing the new barrels in house has me curious. Plus why is the DD better? i have one of their barrels and while it shoots good, its no better than any other good barrel. Not trying to buck the system but people around ere get caught up in name brands just like high fashion. YMMV
View Quote

The most important factors for me are the quality of the components and the quality control.  

You can have a top brand name that was assembled improperly and a no name that is a tack driver.  So there is variance even in the same product line.  Even Colt had serious problems with their quality control years ago when they were in financial trouble.

So opinions are really in general terms.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:21:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Most of their stuff are hammer forged barrels. They also have great QC and customer service. You can buy one for not much more than a core 15 if you get just a stripped URG and put a magpul on it. "Much" better is relative, but the DD has more going for it than most manufacturers.

It use to be ABC and now it's kinda BCD, Bravo Company, Colt, and DD.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 12:00:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Buds is going to change my deposit over to the Daniel Defense
View Quote

Good deal man!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#21]
All good points made. Cant argue with any of them.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:09:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Core 15 rifles are good quality, but DD is definitely better.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:13:53 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't own either, but I would like to know why the DD is so much better? Just the facts please

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:12:38 PM EDT
[#24]
That's what I thought,  no facts
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:24:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Its funny...manufactures rely on a few things, the quality of components, the quality of assembly, their customer service and their reputation.  

A good friend of mine owns a shop and tells me he has more returns on DD stuff then any other right now and that it changes...tomorrow it could be brand X.
What I have learned is that companies go through cycles, sometimes their very good and sometimes their not.  A perfect example is Colt years ago almost went out of business and the quality of their goods was shit*.
So to answer the OP's question, Core is producing very good products right now and DD I cant say the same.  Its a very competitive industry and those that have their shi* together are producing very nice equipment at great prices right now.
In short, if I had a choice, I would go with the Core, you cant beat the quality for the price point.  Others will tell you that the stamp is more important than everything.  I will tell you that I don't care about the stamp...I care that its there when I need it.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:39:08 PM EDT
[#26]
What he said^^
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:09:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Well they I went into buds today the daniel defense was gone, But Im thinking Im just going to stay with the core it had the accesories I wanted and already has a good rail system that would be good for any type of situation you use it in 3 gun, rec shooting, tactical. I guess you buy once cry once
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:16:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Op make sure its one of the new in house barrels and give us a range report, they boasted some pretty big claims. If their new barrels will get MOA, id start getting them for all my builds.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:04:13 PM EDT
[#29]
It was the newest one that come from the factory as far as Im awared. Its the Buds gun shop in Sevierville, Tn really nice store and nice people I recomend stopping by if you guys are ever in the area or live close by.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:33:03 PM EDT
[#30]
DD has a great reputation, but I can't say I have had any personal experience with them.

My one experience with a friend's Core 15 was a poor one. The buffer retainer pin was binding on the BCG, causing failures every few rounds. We suspect it's likely a flaw with the lower, but that's just speculation. The fix was to get rid of the retainer pin completely and go with a JP SCS. It was slightly painful for him to put a $130 spring in a $600 rifle.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:46:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It was the newest one that come from the factory as far as Im awared. Its the Buds gun shop in Sevierville, Tn really nice store and nice people I recomend stopping by if you guys are ever in the area or live close by.
View Quote

I went in there today. Very nice store so far. The range will be rated to .50bmg, but won't be open till after Labor Day.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:41:44 PM EDT
[#32]
I owned a Core 15 Tac 2 and never had one malfunction in about 2k through it. It goes bang just like a DD will when you pull the trigger at an affordable price.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:45:55 PM EDT
[#33]
LennyO

Core would have fixed it even if he was not the original purchaser.  Their warranty stays with the rifle.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:33:14 PM EDT
[#34]
A buddy of mine had a core and he had to take it back.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:08:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
LennyO

Core would have fixed it even if he was not the original purchaser.  Their warranty stays with the rifle.
View Quote

I have no doubt that they would have. However the problem was with the lower. And since he was a resident of Maryland where they are now banned, getting a replacement lower was not an option.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:51:23 AM EDT
[#36]
What did you give for the DD? I recently picked up a brand new V5 off the website for $1050 shipped using the make an offer feature.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top