User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:14:17 AM EDT
[#1]

I am fully aware of how the "AR game is played"
I have been critical of PSA. I have a few of their receivers still, they work well, just as well as BCM, Noveske, LMT or Colt.
My disdain for the company is centered around assembled products and customer service issues.

It seems PSA is a rather touchy subject, I will refrain form commenting in the future.
Feeding an argument gets no one anywhere and is bad for all involved.

I'll go back to the Mall and play ninja.........
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:37:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I am fully aware of how the "AR game is played"
I have been critical of PSA. I have a few of their receivers still, they work well, just as well as BCM, Noveske, LMT or Colt.
My disdain for the company is centered around assembled products and customer service issues.

It seems PSA is a rather touchy subject, I will refrain form commenting in the future.
Feeding an argument gets no one anywhere and is bad for all involved.

I'll go back to the Mall and play ninja.........
View Quote

Or you could stop whining and just provide us with personal issues you have had with your "assembled products" and your "customer service issues" that will justify your negative attitude towards their products.  Obviously top shelf brands like BCM or Noveske are going to be a better product, they also cost AT LEAST twice as much for a very comparable product.  

If you want to bash on a company just for the hell of it I guess your right about labeling yourself a mall ninja, because everyone I know personally in our local shooting community (current and ex LEO, and current and ex Military) think very highly of PSA products.  I live an hour away from Noveske and sure if they offered a comparable product in that price range it would be nice to pick one up, but they are rarely available and almost 3 times the amount of a PSA rifle that is actually very comparable to a base line Noveske rifle.

Edit- Grammar
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:43:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn,.....I give up.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:52:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Damn,.....I give up.
View Quote

Despite your hate for PSA, you have still not provided any examples of why they are so terrible.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:39:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Would love to see a specific issue with a personal rifle/part from PSA from the naysayers that they did not fix.  As most will attest the PTAC stuff is pretty low quality, but most of the PSA premium (which sure as hell don't cost a premium) are excellent.  I have probably built around 15 or so rifles that had PSA upper receivers, numerious lower receivers, many blem's that were flawless.  All premium bolt carriers I've seen are properly staked, internally chrome lined, and all bolts have been MPI marked.  Their M4 barrels are made by FN and are chrome lined, not sure what more you want on a complete package that costs about $500.00.  The PSA premium products are probably about the best quality I could think of for the amount of money you could spend.  What else is there in their price range?  DPMS?  Delton?  Most other value based manufacturers can't complete when it comes to a budget based AR and all have hundreds of threads floating around complaining about their quality just as much if not more than PSA.

Again, would love to see a specific personal issue from a naysayer with a PSA premium product rather than just stating they are, "Junk, stay away, oh my the sky is falling"
View Quote

Ok, I'll play. Look up close to the top of page two on this thread as to the relative good things I said about PSA and their "Premium" stuff. I had one issue with a 14.7" PSA CHF barrel assembly. This was the 5th AR I was about to build on a BCM upper receiver and an Adcor "Bear" lower with a complete PSA "premium" LPK. The lower went together flawless and the trigger was actually damned nice. Assembling the CHF barrel to the upper was done next and I finished that up in 25 minutes and took it upstairs to eye it over. The FSB was canted 10+ degrees to the left and quite obvious once assembled into the upper receiver. Then after working the bolt, (Les Baer), I see immediately the gas key was binding because the gas tube was off because of the 10 degree off FSB. I could have bent the gas tube and make it work fine but then I notice that the barrel extension is mistimed to the left as well. That I can't/won't live with as it will cause bolt shear eventually. I disassembled the upper and called PSA. (Alex Rios) a customer service representative at PSA told me that since I assembled the barrel assembly into an upper receiver that I had voided my warranty and I was stuck with the barrel. I argued with him for 25 minutes until I had enough with him. Then I posted up some nice pics in their industry forum and finally management got involved. PSA had the thread locked, and a production manager called me on the phone. They accepted the barrel back, scolded the PSA rep, and had me a new barrel in 3-4 days.

All in all, PSA took care of it. The "Premium" 14.7"CHF barrel I received as a replacement is as good as I've seen. It's probably my most accurate barrel and excellently groups Winchester 55grain Varmint rounds and Hornady 75gr OTM's on paper at distance with irons. This is my second favorite rifle next to my Spikes Recce... I haven't had to go thru that with any other "manufacturer." That said, shit happens. If I buy from them it's the Premium stuff or not at all and I'm prepared to argue to hell and back with CS if something is not right. That's NOT some people's forte and those that aren't willing to do that buy at their own risk as with anything. YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:29:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ok, I'll play. Look up close to the top of page two on this thread as to the relative good things I said about PSA and their "Premium" stuff. I had one issue with a 14.7" PSA CHF barrel assembly. This was the 5th AR I was about to build on a BCM upper receiver and an Adcor "Bear" lower with a complete PSA "premium" LPK. The lower went together flawless and the trigger was actually damned nice. Assembling the CHF barrel to the upper was done next and I finished that up in 25 minutes and took it upstairs to eye it over. The FSB was canted 10+ degrees to the left and quite obvious once assembled into the upper receiver. Then after working the bolt, (Les Baer), I see immediately the gas key was binding because the gas tube was off because of the 10 degree off FSB. I could have bent the gas tube and make it work fine but then I notice that the barrel extension is mistimed to the left as well. That I can't/won't live with as it will cause bolt shear eventually. I disassembled the upper and called PSA. (Alex Rios) a customer service representative at PSA told me that since I assembled the barrel assembly into an upper receiver that I had voided my warranty and I was stuck with the barrel. I argued with him for 25 minutes until I had enough with him. Then I posted up some nice pics in their industry forum and finally management got involved. PSA had the thread locked, and a production manager called me on the phone. They accepted the barrel back, scolded the PSA rep, and had me a new barrel in 3-4 days.

All in all, PSA took care of it. The "Premium" 14.7"CHF barrel I received as a replacement is as good as I've seen. It's probably my most accurate barrel and excellently groups Winchester 55grain Varmint rounds and Hornady 75gr OTM's on paper at distance with irons. This is my second favorite rifle next to my Spikes Recce... I haven't had to go thru that with any other "manufacturer." That said, shit happens. If I buy from them it's the Premium stuff or not at all and I'm prepared to argue to hell and back with CS if something is not right. That's NOT some people's forte and those that aren't willing to do that buy at their own risk as with anything. YMMV.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would love to see a specific issue with a personal rifle/part from PSA from the naysayers that they did not fix.  As most will attest the PTAC stuff is pretty low quality, but most of the PSA premium (which sure as hell don't cost a premium) are excellent.  I have probably built around 15 or so rifles that had PSA upper receivers, numerious lower receivers, many blem's that were flawless.  All premium bolt carriers I've seen are properly staked, internally chrome lined, and all bolts have been MPI marked.  Their M4 barrels are made by FN and are chrome lined, not sure what more you want on a complete package that costs about $500.00.  The PSA premium products are probably about the best quality I could think of for the amount of money you could spend.  What else is there in their price range?  DPMS?  Delton?  Most other value based manufacturers can't complete when it comes to a budget based AR and all have hundreds of threads floating around complaining about their quality just as much if not more than PSA.

Again, would love to see a specific personal issue from a naysayer with a PSA premium product rather than just stating they are, "Junk, stay away, oh my the sky is falling"

While I can see that would put a bad taste in your mouth I was never promoting their customer service.  Simply I was stating their products are excellent quality on a generally consistent basis, at their price think about how many they ship on a daily basis.  Every company has slip ups, but in the end what they do to remedy is what matters.  In the end you wound up with what sounds like a very good barrel.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top