Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/28/2014 8:28:59 AM EDT
I found a VERY good deal on some parts from a company I have never heard from before, Bear Creek Arsenal. Are their parts on par with DSA, M1S, DPMS, ect?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:45:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Their hit or miss...there the AR version of CAI AKs.  If you get a good one you got a great deal....just make sure you can exchange it if it isnt.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:57:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Bump
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:55:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Select REVIEWS link
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:23:02 AM EDT
[#4]
So is it 556 camber
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:40:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Correct   www.bearcreekarsenal.com
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:54:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So is it 556 camber
View Quote

I think it is 223 wylde.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:42:50 PM EDT
[#7]
UPDATE: I just got my M4 upper from Classic Arms. It looks sweet! It has a FA bolt carrier. Single heat shield M4 handguards. Upper has a "M" on it, as I believe they are associated with Moore Machine Shop. Can not beat this for $299!
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:45:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Upper has a "M" on it, as I believe they are associated with Moore Machine Shop. Can not beat this for $299!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Upper has a "M" on it, as I believe they are associated with Moore Machine Shop. Can not beat this for $299!

Yeah, there is a bunch online about the connection http://www.papadeltabravo.com/blog/?p=1756

EDIT:  Just meant to show the Moore connection

So Just Who Is Bear Creek Arsenal …. Here's The Story…

Bear Creek Arsenal is owned and operated by the Moore family. They have a long history here in our North Carolina not only as master machinist but as shooters, armorers and craftsmen.

Until now Bear Creek has been mostly known behind the scenes in the firearms community for making custom barrels, complex receivers, and high end private label rifle parts for builders across the country.

More recently, their sister company, Moore's Machine, introduced a base level AR-15 to the market. This is a rifle that we carried for a while, stopped carrying, and then re-introduced after extensive testing and becoming comfortable with their newly found level of consistent quality. After being re-introduced, they were a huge success!

Recently, in their ongoing effort to produce the finest rifle possible, the Moore family has taken the entire MMC operation and moved it to their dedicated custom facility at their Bear Creek Arsenal location. At Bear Creek Arsenal, each rifle is built from the ground up on dedicated equipment and under the direct oversight and quality control of the Moore family themselves.

Since we re-introduced the MMC rifles in late 2013 the quality has always been good, but now under the new Bear Creek Arsenal banner, we think it is even better.

Buyers will notice a nicer finish, smoother lines, higher quality markings, and a more professional fit and finish than ever before. They feed as smooth as glass and the accuracy rivals that of many custom guns.

We are convinced that these are the best bang for the rifle buck of any gun in America! For shooters, by shooters, that is Bear Creek Arsenal.

Ready to shop? Check out the first two Bear Creek AR's on our site -

From here
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:44:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, we'll see.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 3:10:59 PM EDT
[#10]
On the classic arms web site they admit there were problems early on and that now they have tested them and are confident that the QC is there.
Last night I looked at mine very carefully, the only things thatdid not look great is the m4 feed ramps are not cut as deep in the receiver as the barrel and the charging handle seems crude. The carrier actually is smoother than a dpms.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 3:44:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well, we'll see.
View Quote

I wasn't shitting on your purchase, honestly.  I will edit the link.  I Googled the Moore Machine thing, because I read this stuff a few months back when somebody was having a fit in the barrels/rifles/uppers subforum.  I should have linked one of the others that talked about Moore "more" and that is how that one started out...  Unfortunately, few of those links, posts, blogs, whatever are very favorable.  Not sure of the entire story with Moore.

Good luck with your upper.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 4:17:46 PM EDT
[#12]
My post below is not to bash your purchase but a testament to customer service. I traded into a Moores Machine complete upper. I think they are Bear Creek now from what I have read. Mated it to a spikes lower and it's the loosest fitting upper I have seen. The chamber was tight and was having stuck cases. I have a local guy I deal with on my other builds, owner of Integrity Arms. He was talking to the MMC rep about my upper at a recent show and the rep told him to send it in and they would take care of it. Maybe they had some problems but seems they are willing to make it right. Hopefully when we send it off it will come back good.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 4:56:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I wasn't shitting on your purchase, honestly.  I will edit the link.  I Googled the Moore Machine thing, because I read this stuff a few months back when somebody was having a fit in the barrels/rifles/uppers subforum.  I should have linked one of the others that talked about Moore "more" and that is how that one started out...  Unfortunately, few of those links, posts, blogs, whatever are very favorable.  Not sure of the entire story with Moore.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, we'll see.

In that link you posted, the guy was making fun of it because of the Chinese shit that was most likely put on by the dealer, then he traded it off before he ever even shot it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 9:18:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Most have probably seen this....  but check out the post by Lowellbt here:   http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_12/637720_.html&page=2&anc=6533236#i6533236     He is extremely pleased with Bear Creek.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:52:29 AM EDT
[#15]
I will let you all know my thoughts soon.  I grabbed a $399 rifle kit from Classic yesterday.  This will just be a trunk gun beater.  Looks like I will come in under $500 for it complete!
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 8:45:53 AM EDT
[#16]
I just got a BCA complete upper and an complete Omega 15 lower from classic. I will let you know how it shoots.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 10:10:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I will let you all know my thoughts soon.  I grabbed a $399 rifle kit from Classic yesterday.  This will just be a trunk gun beater.  Looks like I will come in under $500 for it complete!
View Quote

I got: BCA M4 upper for $299 from Classic, DPMS LPK for $49 from CDNN, M4 stock for $26 from Sportsmans guide and a 80% receiver for $80.....so, $454 total. I'm just going to throw on a sling and a 3-9X scope and shoot critters around the ranch with it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 10:28:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I got: BCA M4 upper for $299 from Classic, DPMS LPK for $49 from CDNN, M4 stock for $26 from Sportsmans guide and a 80% receiver for $80.....so, $454 total. I'm just going to throw on a sling and a 3-9X scope and shoot critters around the ranch with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You will have me beat by about 20 bux...lol  I figure 470 will be my total with all parts shipped. Let us know how it shoots!
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:28:33 PM EDT
[#19]
UPDATE: I still haven't got to shoot it yet, but I noticed something odd with my complete upper: When the BCG is all the way forward it rest against the charging handle, if that makes sence. On my other upper with the BCG forward you can move the charging handle a little, like 3/32", but on this one it is tight, if you move it at all it moves the BCG. I recall years ago somebody was selling CHs that were to short and they were breaking. I will look and see what it is that is out of spec and I'm sure I can fix it.

When I bought this upper for $299 it was the best deal going, but now I see you can buy a M4 upper minus BCG/CH for $199 and the BCG/CH for $99. I guess AR prices are still dropping.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:23:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Well, they are dropping some but, as with everything else it's supply and demand. As demand drops, companies slow up manufacturing so as not to over produce too much. The next attempt to ban them will start a new scare and the parts supply will dry up quick again. Over the next few years I'll try to build 4 or 5 more. I can always then sell a couple if I need to when prices skyrocket again.

Doing the cost checking for the 7.62x39 I'm going to build on the stripped lower I have it looks like the budget still has to be $700
The spreadsheet says $717.00 ... The prices are for building it as a 7.62x39 pistol with an 8" barrel. Shipping hasn't been added though anywhere and a few of the parts are the cheapest options, not the better quality options. Change them and I add another $100 easily. Even a Sig 5.56 pistol with a 10" barrel at Cabela's is $900 plus though.

i think I'll finish the 7.62x39 pistol then build another 5.56 carbine and a .308 AR10. Then, if the next ban attempt hasn't happened yet, I'll repeat the last two.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:27:44 PM EDT
[#21]
iw as going to get one of their 1:8 twist 16" barrels but they were out of stock for a couple months at Classic Arms. Finally I bought an Anderson barrel when they had a sale. Classic got some back in shortly afterwards but with shipping they would have ended up at about the same price. Classic sells a lot of them and I haven't heard much in the way of complaints since they started offering Bear Creek stuff back in March.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top