Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2014 2:27:02 PM EDT
A guy in my area is selling a I have a complete ar15 upper with full auto BCG, A2 FN upper, heavy 16in barrel with full length M203 hand guard. He's selling it for a great price, only 10rds shot in it does this sound legit. I need some advice on this
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 2:37:19 PM EDT
[#1]
How much? Who made the upper?
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 3:22:41 PM EDT
[#2]
It's probably a 20" barrel if it has an M203 hand guard on it, although they do make a cabine one too.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 4:03:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
A guy in my area is selling a I have a complete ar15 upper with full auto BCG, A2 FN upper, heavy 16in barrel with full length M203 hand guard. He's selling it for a great price, only 10rds shot in it does this sound legit. I need some advice on this
View Quote

I can translate this: "someone is selling an FN made barrel in a complete upper at what the OP thinks is a good price"

FN makes great barrels and if the price is good: buy it.

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 4:26:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I can translate this: "someone is selling an FN made barrel in a complete upper at what the OP thinks is a good price"

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read OP as FN A2 upper with a cheap HBAR barrel.
Did he disclose the barrel markings?
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 5:03:06 PM EDT
[#5]
The guy wants 300 for it. I should have him take a picture of the barrel
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:13:26 PM EDT
[#6]
The barrel should have "FN" or "FNH" stamp or "FN Logo" on it

The Upper receiver should have a "F" stamp.  

The Bolt Carrier should have a "F" stamp as well and the bolt should have a "MPF" stamp (any one or none of the letters can be underlined)

Be careful, there are people who will tell you that a bolt carrier without stamps is FN when its not.   However, there are some FN bolt carriers that DO NOT have the stamp and you can tell they are legit if the phosphate is a blue/grey color instead of dark black.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:49:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll bet you it's the PSA, FN heavy barrel uppers they had for sale for eons a short while ago. It was going for $275 or something like that.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:34:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I'll bet you it's the PSA, FN heavy barrel uppers they had for sale for eons a short while ago. It was going for $275 or something like that.
View Quote

+1

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top