Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:44:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:51:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The pictures and video's I have seen only show the carry handle and pop-up MATECH rear sights on these rifles.

The outlines in the dirt in the picatinny rails on top of the receiver match both those installations.

I don't think any of the night vision units were mounted on firearms as that would require a IR laser or holographic sight to be fitted to the rifles as well.

I am glad to see owners of these guns sharing the pictures of them.

Does anyone know if there is a place gathering up the serial number data?

Richard

View Quote
I haven't heard of any, but it would be interesting to see the data. I still think it might be interesting to get a FOIA request to the ATF on the serial numbers.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 3:43:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it would be neat to have a compilation thread stickied somewhere that has serial number ranges compiled for these and what all was attached to them when they got 'em.

Here's what I have found on them - Mods let me know if we need to unlink to other sites:
http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1655382&page=2
http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?154114-Iraqi-DPMS-Carbines-from-Century-Arms
http://www.theakforum.net/forums/28-romanian/171968-wasr-10-63-rifles-used-contractors-iraq-anyone-here-got-one-yet.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTIf-nFpWbU
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/08/05/dpms-rifles-iraq-slightly-used/

Any other threads or pics of these floating around?  I saw one a long time ago here in GD with someone that had an old shirt stuffed in the pistol grip of the DPMS.  I saw the AK Forum thread on WASR's and RPK's that a few of the posters here contributed photos.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 12:54:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:19:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Any other threads or pics of these floating around?  I saw one a long time ago here in GD with someone that had an old shirt stuffed in the pistol grip of the DPMS.  I saw the AK Forum thread on WASR's and RPK's that a few of the posters here contributed photos.
View Quote

Page 3 of this thread near the middle. My 16" Hvy Bbl.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Century is completely sold out of Bushmasters as of a few weeks ago.  They are also sold out of the fair condition ASAs.  Hopefully more of these will make it on the market soon.  It looks like they still have some AKs and I am surprised no one here has posted pics of them.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 12:02:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Century is completely sold out of Bushmasters as of a few weeks ago.  They are also sold out of the fair condition ASAs.  Hopefully more of these will make it on the market soon.  It looks like they still have some AKs and I am surprised no one here has posted pics of them.

View Quote

What are at AK's listed for?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 12:20:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$389(Fair) - $439 (Very Good).  New ones are $479.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:09:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:07:39 PM EDT
[#10]
There is a dealer in GA that acquired some Wasr 10/63 with the Metal side folding stocks from a contractor. There was only about 10 or so. Ha also had some glocks and Beratta 92's also.

Finestkind
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:46:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I still love this thread. And still wished they woulve shipped to CA. just somethin about beat up old contractor AR's that makes me want a bunch of em
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:42:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Based on what I've seen, I'm guessing ASA used a paint on the barrel instead of parkerizing. But who knows?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That was my guess as well.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:28:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Got my ASA rifle today.
Barrel looks like it was chrome with paint on it, but it attracts a magnet. Any insight on this?

View Quote

Ugandan version of Paki Tape called "chromy spray"

er uh, I got nothin
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:30:43 AM EDT
[#15]
I am so pissed at myself.   I almost bought that exact gun Coctailer.  It sat on Gunbroker for several weeks and the seller kept re-listing it.  I spoke to him several times on it and the other one he was selling.  I wanted that particular one pretty badly.  I finally talked myself into buying it and it was gone ...

Sweet purchase.  I love all of the "character" that that gun has.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:11:08 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I am so pissed at myself.   I almost bought that exact gun Coctailer.  It sat on Gunbroker for several weeks and the seller kept re-listing it.  I spoke to him several times on it and the other one he was selling.  I wanted that particular one pretty badly.  I finally talked myself into buying it and it was gone ...

Sweet purchase.  I love all of the "character" that that gun has.
View Quote
Stop the big talk and call Century before these are all sold out.  

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:32:52 PM EDT
[#17]
I tore my ASA dow just now to straighten the buffer tube (the stock was a bit crooked) and I did notice that the threads on the tube were a bit marred up and the inner lip of the buffer tube that holds down the buffer retainer was worn really thin. If I was making this my go-to gun, I would definitely replace the buffer tube.  The upside to today's inspection is that if the ASA lower is held in the light just right, there is a small visible indication of where the SOC property tag was.

Other than that small issue, it is missing the front sling swivel. Neither of these issues are a problem for me since this will be a wall hanger once I get my home office built.

Comparatively speaking, the DPMS is in much better shape, but then again it was rated as VG instead of Fair.

Keep posting pics as you get your bring backs!
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:06:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I realize I am a little late to the thread, but here is the DPMS I picked up with the SOC tag still on it. I have only seen one other with a sticker.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 5:18:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I realize I am a little late to the thread, but here is the DPMS I picked up with the SOC tag still on it. I have only seen one other with a sticker.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah185/CampbellJ/Mobile%20Uploads/E5F4FBC2-363F-4FB2-AA05-0A16897034C2_zpsn3mgncff.jpg
View Quote
That is pretty cool that it still has the property tag!  It is interesting that the rifle pictured below is only off by about 40 in the serial number list from a rifle that was posted previously (not CampbellJ's), however it has an A2 receiver and an unmarked chrome lined barrel.

And I guess you guys have seen the AKs Century has for sale too?

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:00:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:22:23 PM EDT
[#21]
These are really cool, I would like to have one.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:58:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:56:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 2:29:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/CampbellJ/media/Mobile%20Uploads/E5F4FBC2-363F-4FB2-AA05-0A16897034C2_zpsn3mgncff.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah185/CampbellJ/Mobile%20Uploads/E5F4FBC2-363F-4FB2-AA05-0A16897034C2_zpsn3mgncff.jpg</a>
View Quote

Nice! Mine (page 4 and 8) has enough of the tag left that I can see it was what you have. Thats cool they left yours on.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 1:53:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Century is listing the DPMS rifles again.  Item #RI2223Y.

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top