Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:13:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Does anyone besides centerfire have these? I want to find one with the original carry handle.....Who all still has them?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:31:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does anyone besides centerfire have these? I want to find one with the original carry handle.....Who all still has them?
View Quote

Poke around on GunBroker. I'm sure you'll turn one up.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:50:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Found none on gunbroker. Have looked.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 11:00:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:32:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I have done a couple more changes to the my $439 DPMS A-15 SOC Urchin.  I present to you "War Pig"

BTW,  there were a few on Gunbroker, They may have mostly been sold, but they are out there.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:49:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:26:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well I have done a couple more changes to the my $439 DPMS A-15 SOC Urchin.  I present to you "War Pig"

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2gtrfpv.jpg
http://oi62.tinypic.com/21c83k9.jpg
http://oi62.tinypic.com/20zqukz.jpg
http://oi61.tinypic.com/2vkgfv9.jpg

BTW,  there were a few on Gunbroker, They may have mostly been sold, but they are out there.
View Quote

Looks good but needs a side sling swivel on the front sight base.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:00:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Coctailer, where did you get yours? I want a second, but with the original carry handle. Is centerfire the only one with these? Who else has them?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:13:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:47:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2gtrfpv.jpg
http://oi62.tinypic.com/21c83k9.jpg
http://oi62.tinypic.com/20zqukz.jpg
http://oi61.tinypic.com/2vkgfv9.jpg

Thats next in my bucket list.  Got to find a used one with wear to fit the image.  The new Matech sight does not blend well.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:41:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Placed an order for one this morning. Been contemplating a cheap behind the seat AR. Will post pics when it arrives
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:11:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I might buy one from centerfire again, but I am also considering trying to pick up one off gunbroker with a carry handle. Can't decide....
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:55:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I might buy one from centerfire again, but I am also considering trying to pick up one off gunbroker with a carry handle. Can't decide....
View Quote

I've seen fairly beat up carrying handles on  gunbroker and eBay for about $25.  Just put one of those on.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:54:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Zeroed in Aimpoint Comp 2 today.  90 rounds total with no hiccups. XM193 exclusively.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:12:11 AM EDT
[#15]
I picked up a couple of these DPMS rifles from Centerfire Systems earlier this week.  Both are M4 versions.  As stated above, both rifles have a great deal of wear on all exposed surfaces as well as a fine coating of dirt and / or sand in all the small crevices.  Looks like the SOC property tag was across the DPMS logo but was removed at some point.  Overall, love them!  One rifle has an F0 serial number and the other F1.  The F0 rifle has a large rectangular sticker on the stock that displays the name "Fletcher, W" then the serial number.  That name doesn't seem to fit the Ugandan guard theory.  I tried to contact DPMS to inquire about the history on these rifles.  I received quick responses but really no answers.  They suggested contacting the ATF.  I had hoped DPMS could at least confirm or deny SOC-USA was the original purchaser.  Again, quick response but stated they could not give out that information.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:23:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I picked up a couple of these DPMS rifles from Centerfire Systems earlier this week.  Both are M4 versions.  As stated above, both rifles have a great deal of wear on all exposed surfaces as well as a fine coating of dirt and / or sand in all the small crevices.  Looks like the SOC property tag was across the DPMS logo but was removed at some point.  Overall, love them!  One rifle has an F0 serial number and the other F1.  The F0 rifle has a large rectangular sticker on the stock that displays the name "Fletcher, W" then the serial number.  That name doesn't seem to fit the Ugandan guard theory.  I tried to contact DPMS to inquire about the history on these rifles.  I received quick responses but really no answers.  They suggested contacting the ATF.  I had hoped DPMS could at least confirm or deny SOC-USA was the original purchaser.  Again, quick response but stated they could not give out that information.
View Quote

That name definitely doesn't sound like it fits with the previous presumption.

What has everyone been using to clean off the rust off of these?   CLP and a brush?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:26:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:39:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Fuck it...I think I'm FO'ing....maybe for two.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:55:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Nevermind.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 9:32:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What has everyone been using to clean off the rust off of these?   CLP and a brush?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a light coat of rust on my barrel under the handguards.  Scotchbrite pad and spraying of Rem oil cleaned it up.  Than sprayed down with rust sheath.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 11:29:36 AM EDT
[#21]
I just ordered two....Damn you ARFcom!
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 3:21:39 PM EDT
[#22]
video about these was just put up
http://youtu.be/CTIf-nFpWbU
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 3:43:37 PM EDT
[#23]
I like that the shooter has a tribal tattoo.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 3:53:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Are these any different than the DPMS ones made for commercial buyers?
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 5:36:40 PM EDT
[#25]
That was a killer deal!!
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 9:30:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 9:56:49 AM EDT
[#27]
These rifles look great guys
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 11:16:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

No
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are these any different than the DPMS ones made for commercial buyers?

No

Man....I wish you would fess up and give us the skinny on these rifles....Do you have NDA or something with the company that used these rifles and brought them back?

I don't see what it would hurt just to give us a little info on these instead of being all hush hush, I could tell you but then I would have to kill you type of thing...
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 11:45:41 AM EDT
[#29]
They are different, commercial DPMS rifles don't come with chrome lined barrels!
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 12:59:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Oh, the smackdown!
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 8:09:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Picked up mine from my ffl today. I noticed when I grab the handgaurds I can twist them and the delta ring back and forth about a1/4" or so. Is that normal if not what is the problem or worn?

Link Posted: 8/5/2014 9:09:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Remove the handguards. I'm willing to bet that the slots that go over the gas tube are much wider than the factory spec.
View All Quotes

Do you mean the slot in the delta ring? If it is larger would replacing the delta ring solve that?
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 7:44:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Where are you guys getting these with the carry handles?
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 7:49:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Remove the handguards. I'm willing to bet that the slots that go over the gas tube are much wider than the factory spec.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Do you mean the slot in the delta ring? If it is larger would replacing the delta ring solve that?

Check this area of the HG. Mine are tight as hell, zero movement. Nice dirt bro!
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 4:28:00 PM EDT
[#37]
I hope I can find one or two of these in a week or so!

Nice looking guys!  A little cleanup can go a long way.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 8:42:46 PM EDT
[#38]
If nothing else, I love the Panther logo.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 1:18:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Hey, that one looks great!

My handguards don't move, so something must be broken. Maybe the handguard is busted somewhere allowing it to rotate a bit. These handguards seem to be quite abused, with bits broken off and all.  Parts of the seam on both sides of mine a broken off (like yours), so its not surprising,
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 8:42:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Where are you guys getting these with the carry handles?
View Quote

I actually ordered a carry handle separate from centerfire thinking it would be a take off carry handle from these rifles but instead it was a new Chinese made piece of shit. I have since returned it and bought the correct cardinal forge carry handle from a member here in the EE that matches the wear of my rifle
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 6:08:14 PM EDT
[#41]
I just ordered one of these. I'll post pics when I get it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 8:30:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 12:31:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Where did you order the Bushmaster and American Spirit rifles from?
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:24:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:28:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I received one of the "American Spirit Arms" AR15's that SOC issued along with the DPMS A15's and the Bushmaster XM15E2s.

The Bushmaster I ordered also showed up, but, the condition was listed as "Good-Incomplete".

It is lacking the entire upper assembly!

The Serial number of the Bushmaster starts with "L398XXX"
A friend of mine has one also (his arrived complete) and the serial number is "L382XXX"

The American Spirit serial number starts with "AS17XXX"

AS a nice bonus the American Spirit still has its three point sling fitted.

The American Spirit has most of its anodizing worn off the lower receiver!

Richard

View Quote

Pics? and who has the other 2 brands and if you don't mind answering what is the cost on the bushmaster and American spirit?
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:35:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Pics? and who has the other 2 brands and if you don't mind answering what is the cost on the bushmaster and American spirit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I received one of the "American Spirit Arms" AR15's that SOC issued along with the DPMS A15's and the Bushmaster XM15E2s.

The Bushmaster I ordered also showed up, but, the condition was listed as "Good-Incomplete".

A friend of mine has one also (his arrived complete) and the serial number is "L382XXX"

Richard

Looks like Century has them

http://www.centuryarms.biz/proddetail.asp?prod=RE2221%2DG

http://www.centuryarms.biz/proddetail.asp?prod=RE2223%2DG

http://www.centuryarms.biz/proddetail.asp?prod=RI2220AY%2DGI

http://www.centuryarms.biz/proddetail.asp?prod=RI2221Y%2DF

Can someone with a FFL tell us how much these are?
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 10:54:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Richard

View Quote

Pics please
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 4:40:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 4:45:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Century was where the Bushmaster & American Spirit rifles were ordered from, the DPMS came from Centerfire Systems.

I will try and take some pictures today.

Richard

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Richard

Looks like Century has them

http://www.centuryarms.biz/proddetail.asp?prod=RE2221%2DG

http://www.centuryarms.biz/proddetail.asp?prod=RE2223%2DG

http://www.centuryarms.biz/proddetail.asp?prod=RI2220AY%2DGI

http://www.centuryarms.biz/proddetail.asp?prod=RI2221Y%2DF

Can someone with a FFL tell us how much these are?
Century was where the Bushmaster & American Spirit rifles were ordered from, the DPMS came from Centerfire Systems.

I will try and take some pictures today.

Richard

How much were the Bushmaster and ASA rifles from Century?
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:03:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Sorry, guys... It doesn't make a ton of sense to me to pay nearly 500 bones for a random beat to shit DPMS from Bumfucked Egypt when you could pay the same amount for a brand new BCM upper and BC and slap to any cheap ass lower lying around and call it a day...
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top