Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2014 9:52:39 PM EDT
I love this setup, and my hat goes off to the guys at Spikes.  The muzzle rise, even with a 700-800 rpm rate of fire is still non existent.  It's obviously not hearing safe, but even with an overall length shorter than my 10.5" AR, the report of this upper is still much quieter than an 18" barrel.  Tiny, but with no massive concussion.  What's better than that?  My only complaint is that with the suppressor under the hand guard, this thing gets retarded hot to hold onto after a mag dump or two.  I guess that's what shooting gloves are for though.

Video will come one day.....

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:53:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Badass
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:59:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I envy you.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:14:37 PM EDT
[#3]
NICE!!!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:22:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Any chance for some pics of the RDIAS in the lower?  I'm not calling you a liar, just want to see it...

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:32:31 PM EDT
[#5]
 That is badass
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:31:35 AM EDT
[#6]
With a DIAS can you own as many sub 16" uppers as you want?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:37:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Straight up sexy.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:36:30 AM EDT
[#8]
A work of art.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:49:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Very cool!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:57:28 AM EDT
[#10]
what is the going price these days for a DIAS? (not saying they are readily available and for sale because they are like rainbow unicorns)
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:38:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Any chance for some pics of the RDIAS in the lower?  I'm not calling you a liar, just want to see it...
View Quote

I'll keep from posting the pictures here, since this is not the NFA armory section of this forum, and I don't want this thread to get deleted or moved.  I'm kind of a picture whore though, so if you go to that section of this forum, you will be able to see all sorts of pictures of all of my machine guns. (Sears, AKs, an Uzi, MP5s, a Colt M16, an M60E6, an HK23E, and soon in my possession, many amnesty ww2 bring back guns, and a 1921 Colt Thompson).

Like many, the AR15 was and still is my favorite rifle platform, so my first RDIAS was also my very first machine gun purchase, and at the time, I thought it would be my last.  That quickly urned into all of those other MGs. It's a terrible disease. Lol.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:40:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
what is the going price these days for a DIAS? (not saying they are readily available and for sale because they are like rainbow unicorns)
View Quote

Last steel one I saw sold for $23k.  One steel RDIAS was just listed for $25k about a week or two ago as well.  Quite the increase in price since I bought my 2.  Wish I wasn't just a couple months old in 1986.....what an investment right?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:47:17 AM EDT
[#13]
It's in there.

I've been following his epic posts for a while, notably the AK's.

But this one is super tits.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:50:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It's in there.

View Quote

Should finally get the AKMSU back from Ted in May I was told. It's been a LONG road, and I'll be sure to post pictures and video of that for you.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:54:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Should finally get the AKMSU back from Ted in May I was told. It's been a LONG road, and I'll be sure to post pictures and video of that for you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's in there.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:23:57 AM EDT
[#16]
That's a lot of firearm for a college boy. Very nice.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:22:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Good looking rifle.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:41:01 AM EDT
[#18]
I can't quit coming back here to look at the pics.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:44:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That's a lot of firearm for a college boy. Very nice.
View Quote

LOL.....yea, collegeboy was a forum name I've always used on forums for over 10 years now, which made sense back then.  When I signed up here though, well after graduating, for some reason I used it.  I wish I could change my member name here, but oh well.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:45:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Haha.  Me too!  I can't help but keep looking at the gun.  Took it out again today, and it was a blast.  Such a great setup.  Excellent upper by Spikes.  I will try and get video of it in the next week or so.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:48:03 PM EDT
[#21]
College must have paid off! Nice rifle!
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 1:55:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Must control jealousy..
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 2:26:25 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Haha.  Me too!  I can't help but keep looking at the gun.  Took it out again today, and it was a blast.  Such a great setup.  Excellent upper by Spikes.  I will try and get video of it in the next week or so.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you have a camera that is capable of capturing good slo-mo?  Because that's what I'd love to see.

Heck, even a cheap Hero3 Black can do decent 240fps capture, which results in some pretty cool video.

Beautiful gun - and quite a collection.  My hat's off to you.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:48:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

You should at least buy him dinner first
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top