Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2014 2:19:07 PM EDT
I know the web site lists it as "8-12 months."

Does anyone have a recent experience of how long it'd take to build a complete lower if I'd have ordered it in the past month?

I'm split between buying a complete lower or building one myself.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:21:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Just go though a dealer and build it yourself...
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:44:16 PM EDT
[#2]
You can find almost everything to build one at he various vendors.  Primary Arms usually has a lot of heir stuff, and lately.  Maybe even a full rifle.

www.primaryarms.com/Spikes-Tactical-Rifles-s/3980.htm

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:35:40 PM EDT
[#3]
This is the rifle I purchased from Primary Arms and when I went in to pick it up I spent lots more $$ and now I have BRD really bad, I just emptied the checkbook getting everything I need to load .223 for my 550 press
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:59:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This is the rifle I purchased from Primary Arms and when I went in to pick it up I spent lots more $$ and now I have BRD really bad, I just emptied the checkbook getting everything I need to load .223 for my 550 press
View Quote
If you reload, you're going to need a 300blk...

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:10:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Does anyone have a recent experience of how long it'd take to build a complete lower if I'd have ordered it in the past month?

View Quote

Building a lower is very easy.  What state are you in?  I bet there is an ARFCOMMER near you that would help you do it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:10:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Building a lower is very easy.  What state are you in?  I bet there is an ARFCOMMER near you that would help you do it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're not ready to build, many vendors already have complete lowers for sale.

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/mobile/default.aspx#P8579
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:14:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just go though a dealer and build it yourself...
View Quote

Simple enough, this is what I do.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:15:42 PM EDT
[#8]
It's not really the difficulty, the top of the line Spike's kit comes with a bunch of nice stuff that'd be difficult to buy individually and still stay within the price point they're offering.

The only thing I'd change out is put in a Geiselle trigger I have sitting on my work bench.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:24:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's not really the difficulty, the top of the line Spike's kit comes with a bunch of nice stuff that'd be difficult to buy individually and still stay within the price point they're offering.

The only thing I'd change out is put in a Geiselle trigger I have sitting on my work bench.
View Quote

Although this is true I can't leave stuff alone anyway... So I'd change things out and it would cost me as much or more than building in the first place. And I don't have to wait

Random note, I had an fj40 come in two months ago and it was flawless and the dude used it to plow snow! Amazed me it wasn't rusted to hell in MN
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:34:23 PM EDT
[#10]
No complete rifle is worth waiting up to 12 months for.

In half of that time you could get enough money together for an equal quality DD or BCM. If you have your heart set on Spikes then wait, but if you're wanting a quality rifle without the ridiculous wait time then look at some other manufacturers.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:37:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

In half of that time you could get enough money together for an equal quality DD or BCM. If you have your heart set on Spikes then wait, but if you're wanting a quality rifle without the ridiculous wait time then look at some other manufacturers.
View Quote

A Texan unfamiliar with Larue?!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:58:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.  

It's not hard to find a complete or barreled upper that fits your needs, then build your lower the way you want since that accounts for most of the other "fixed" ergonomics and functionality.  There are so many lower components it's hard to find the exact pre-assembled combo you want if you're picky about it.  

All you need is this receiver extension wrench, roll pin punches, long flathead screwdriver, small hammer, needle nose pliers, masking tape, and this thing to get the pivot pin in without putting your eye out.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:08:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very familiar, but I just happen to really like DD, BCM, and Rainier too.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:45:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What advantage does a 300 have that I would need ?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top