Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:17:00 AM EDT
[#2]
What tha...
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:03:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Where is the buffer tube hidden?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:18:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Pass and I live in CA, but I must say it came out better than I thought.

I might try to handle one in person, but I might break down in tears since its an abonmation.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:58:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

That's what I was wondering too..........
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:06:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As stated in the dozens of other threads on this setup, the carrier is shorted and uses an FAL style rat-tail buffering system.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:41:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There are probably slicker ways to fit a shotgun stock to a lower, but no doubt there are worse as well.  In the end, I'm just happy I don't have to use one and am in a free state.
View Quote

Amen.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 12:40:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There are probably slicker ways to fit a shotgun stock to a lower, but no doubt there are worse as well.  In the end, I'm just happy I don't have to use one and am in a free state.
View Quote

Well said although I live in a free state and still am kinda interested in this. I want to hold one but if they end up releasing a complete lower at a reasonable price I might pick one up. It wouldn't replace my ar but it might be an interesting stand in for say a bolt action rifle.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 1:02:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Ares makes good stuff. IMO, it doesn't look too bad compared some of the funky ass stocks they have going for ban states. Might make a good ranch rifle, just not tacticool. I'd personally prefer to have a shotgun if I was stuck with something like that. I can pump 1oz. slugs out to 200yds fairly easy. What kills me is that the libtards think changing the looks of an object makes them less deadly.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 1:48:40 PM EDT
[#10]
it looks functional.. if it is reliable and decently accurate, why not?  It does solve one problem right off the bat... no more risers or special mounts needed for your RDS
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 2:22:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks Mini-14-ish.  Too bad it can't be installed on any lower receiver.  If you go to Ares's website and download the brochure, you can see that end of the receiver where the stock installs is different...it's wider.  I'd retrofit (if retrofit was possible) mine if it came between keeping it and losing it.  But with current laws in California, it wouldn't matter if the butt stock was fixed or not.  It's the semi-automatic fire with the quick magazine changing, capability that the [uneducated] politicians freak out about.  Overall length is a federal requirement.  Maybe this will fit the bill for the NY laws.  It looks a heck of a lot better than the Rube Goldberg stocks that have been coming out to get around those laws.

Anyway, if they can make it work on a current lower, then they'd have a really amazing product.  Maybe they'll see this post and design the MOD II version for retrofit on standard AR lower receivers.

Link Posted: 5/5/2014 2:38:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Ingenuity over tyranny, however, not my cup of tea...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top