Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/15/2014 6:29:12 PM EDT
If you've been following the TAC CON trigger thread, you know that although being a novel concept, many think the TAC CON offering has fallen a little short of end-user expectations. Lately, there has been an upswell of interest in having Geissele do a "Dual Mode" trigger with the intent not being to create a "Bump Fire" device but more along the lines of a duty-safe two stage SSA mode coupled with a more radical single stage S3G mode. There have been a couple of posts in the Industry section about it but I'd like to get the idea out to a larger reading audience to see what everyone thinks.

Bill Geissele has already chimed in on one of the threads saying that it is possible but that he doesn't know if there is enough interest.

Here's the kicker (IMHO)... A dual mode trigger would require the use of a dedicated selector and nobody does selectors like Battle Arms. I was thinking a collaboration between Geissele Automatics and Battle Arms Development could result in an offering that has yet to be seen for the semi-auto AR platform. Both companies are best-of-breed for what they do and there are already bundled packages out on the retail market so we know that there is at least some level of co-operation between them.

Long story short, my curiosity got the best of me so I called Battle Arms Development today to see if there was any interest. Duffy said that he would be more than happy to work on such a project as long it served the customers' wants and needs.

I don't know about the rest of you, but the idea of taking my favorite rifle and switching it from a home defense trigger (smooth first stage, pronounced "wall" followed by a clean break) over to "3 Gun Mode" (light and crisp single stage w/ a short reset) using a single throw of a BASS-ASS or BAD-CASS selector (along with all their configurable lever goodness) sounds very appealing!

What says the hive? Is this something that would interest the community?

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:35:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a dozen or so products from each of those two manufactures but this wouldn't interest me.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:36:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd buy the set so long as it wasn't way over priced. Sounds like a fun concept, and I bet a lot of people would buy it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:45:13 PM EDT
[#3]
There's a thread in GD. bill chimed in and it's already underway. Last post was at 9:35 it appears.

I tried,to post link but for so,e reason it broke the code.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:47:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Of course, and his PA independent tester/reviewer awaits a sample!
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:52:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I figured it would cost at least that much and it's definitely out of my price range.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:53:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I want a tri selector bang switch. Ill pretend I'm going full auto till I pull the trigger n snap back to reality.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:55:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I haven't been able to get over to the Geissele Industry Forum in a while, but I asked him about this about six months ago, and he told me that it could pretty easily be done, but that he was very reluctant to build a trigger that would require a three position selector that might cause a potential issue for a customer.  

If he is reconsidering one, I'd definitely be very interested in it - I'm not interested in bump firing, or any of that non-sense, however, I like the idea of a good single-stage trigger that can be used for more dynamic shooting scenarios that could be rotated to a good two-stage pull for a little bit more control and precision.  Basically a semi-SSF, with its two-stage semi-pull, and single-stage automatic pull, but again, obviously, semi-automatic only.  

I'd suggested doing a specific selector as well that would only be compatible with the trigger, either in house, or through partnership with BAD, which, I think, could probably avoid any possibility of being hemmed up for having an automatic selector in a semi-automatic only gun.

A great option, I think, would be to set the selector up so that the single stage pull was at the 90 degree position - allowing for muscle memory to the 90 degree "flick," and then the two-stage pull at the 45-50 degree, so that you can "click back" for a more precise pull - kind of like an AK selector.  You could even potentially make it into a four position selector for an "SSF II," giving you the capability to use the same lower for pretty much any purpose by just swapping the upper.  In something like a CM901... it would make for an interesting system.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:57:43 PM EDT
[#8]
assuming it had the usual geissele reliability, i'd pay a lot for it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:01:11 PM EDT
[#9]
It will be the new standard and must haves for triggers.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:09:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm more interested in the two position trigger than how the selector looks.  I'd purchase the two position Geissele whether Battle Arms made the selector or not.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:15:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I'm more interested in the two position trigger than how the selector looks.  I'd purchase the two position Geissele whether Battle Arms made the selector or not.
View Quote
I don't care how a selector looks, I care about how it feels and operates. Battle Arms has shown that they know how to do them right. Also, their lever selections cater very well to the Southpaws among us. I figured Geissele hasn't done them yet and their R&D would delay bringing a product to market. If they were to collaborate with BAD, I would imagine it would be a fairly straightforward process as BAD is fully tooled up and makes selectors day-in/day-out.

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:43:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Didn't Olympic do a set trigger more than 20 years ago, that was set by flipping the safety switch back to auto?  It was Olympic, or some other big name of the time.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 1:35:30 AM EDT
[#13]
BAD and G have to come together on this. Wish it could be done in BAD CASS but I know the cheapasses won't have it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:24:01 AM EDT
[#14]
I am interested, and also wondering if it would be a flat or curved face trigger. Most likely curved since that is the standard, and more people would buy that vs a flat bow, but either way I hope they hit a home run.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:50:10 AM EDT
[#15]
I'd be interested in one that had a duty grade trigger pull in the semi position and a lighter SPR-precision type pull in the 3rd position.  That seems like a very practical set up to me.  Useful for duty/HD, SHTF and also for precision work w/o compromising safety in a high stress situation.

I also like the SSA/S3G combo idea.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:57:12 AM EDT
[#16]
^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'd be interested in one that had a duty grade trigger pull in the semi position and a lighter SPR-precision type pull in the 3rd position.  That seems like a very practical set up to me.  Useful for duty/HD, SHTF and also for precision work w/o compromising safety in a high stress situation.

I also like the SSA/S3G combo idea.
View Quote

this is the way to go bump firing is a waste of ammo.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:36:06 PM EDT
[#18]

I like the idea, just too much money for me.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#19]
1) flat bow

2) ambi bad selector

3 never shot a "G" trigger but their reputation far precedes them so it is hard for me to comment on the configuration but it sounds like a SAFE / SSA / S3G  would cover a lot of bases. It would probably far out preform most of us weekend shooting range and deer hunting types.

4) sell it for around 325 with an initial group buy around 285 and you would make a lot of money up front.

As a member of the unwashed masses the above should mean nothing to the masterminds but I'm in the market for a new AR trigger so I'm very interested. If this brain child idea is so far superior to the current line them drop the super moniker and call it the FAT ( Fucking Awesome Trigger) or with the battle arms hardware the FAT ASS
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:38:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Last call for votes!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:56:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Well, if yer gonna do it...you picked the two best companies in their respective fields to do it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:18:14 AM EDT
[#22]
This would be awesome, i would love a trigger that offers a nice 2-stage pull in semi auto position but then a feather light trigger for rapid fire in the third position. Thats all the tac con trigger is anyways, and so many people are buying it just because of the third position.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:02:30 AM EDT
[#23]
I would buy one for 200-300 bucks. otherwise i'd not be interested.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:34:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

1) flat bow

2) ambi bad selector

3 never shot a "G" trigger but their reputation far precedes them so it is hard for me to comment on the configuration but it sounds like a SAFE / SSA / S3G  would cover a lot of bases. It would probably far out preform most of us weekend shooting range and deer hunting types.

4) sell it for around 325 with an initial group buy around 285 and you would make a lot of money up front.
As a member of the unwashed masses the above should mean nothing to the masterminds but I'm in the market for a new AR trigger so I'm very interested. If this brain child idea is so far superior to the current line them drop the super moniker and call it the FAT ( Fucking Awesome Trigger) or with the battle arms hardware the FAT ASS
View Quote

My only tweaks would be a 0*/60*/120* selector with a firmer resistance going from 1st to 2nd to 3rd position, but normal going back.  I have a Noveske/Magpul 60* short throw and feel the 60* arc and differential detents are ideal, but wish the levers were BAD-ASS.  And I think it would be cool to use a hybrid trigger with only a slight bow.  

Make it a BAD-CASS just to cover all the bases.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:20:08 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't get the link to B.A.D.?  Why would they need to be involved?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:22:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

It needs a 3rd position selector for the set trigger.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:00:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And some people want/need a ambi safety
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:31:14 PM EDT
[#28]
BAD CASS. In for a penny, in for a pound. Might as well go full bore. Your already high end.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:55:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see.

I suppose it is important to note that I would NOT be interested if there is no "factory" looking safety option.  That's the first thing I noticed/disliked about the 3MR.  I'd want a standard-looking non-ambi safety.  Or one that looks like a KAC model, if an ambi option is a must.  I've got a few clone rifles and one of those new-fangled goofy looking selectors would stick out like a sore thumb.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:13:46 PM EDT
[#30]
I think one of BAD's umpteen different levers will suit.  And they have a plain nub, for those of us who don't like ambi safeties.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:04:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Price and quality are key.

For what the TacCon is, it's way overpriced. In my review, it also had issues with a limp trigger (hammer follow). That being said, it's still a neat concept and if anybody can do it better it will be Geissele.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:40:57 PM EDT
[#32]
In! A match made in heaven!
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:05:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Take my money
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 4:39:21 PM EDT
[#34]
any progress on this?
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 8:59:39 AM EDT
[#35]
I want to see this with a 2 stage( 12 oz. let off and 1 pound pre-travel ) and  the other selector position with a " fastest shooting trigger possible ". I also want the B.A.D.  selector with  short thin levers. I have high speed triggers in all four of my AR 15's. The 2 that are marked for auto with bullet pictograms would be replaced with this configuration if it becomes available. I would also use this configuration for a SBR build that I may have built.What are  my chances of obtaining this exact configuration??????????????? I don't even care which position is what. A high speed hammer built into this would be even better!!!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 9:27:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Count me in.

ETA: As long as it actually works!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top