Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/14/2014 2:55:57 PM EDT
I just finished my first 5.56/.223 AR and I intend on making this my "grail" gun.  Are there any other JP owners?

Specs:

JP PSC-11 Side charging upper

JP billet lower

JP original trigger with JP anti-walk pins

JP LMOS carrier & bolt

Rainer Armns 16" Mountain series barrel

Odin Arms extended mag release

Norgon Ambi mag release

Battle Arms BAD safety selector

DD Lite Rail II 10"

PWS Enhanced buffer tube

JP silent captured spring

EO tech XPS 2-0 w/g23 FTS magnifier

Surefire Mini Scout

Troy Folding BUIS

Magpul furiniture

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 3:06:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I use JP bore guides...
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 3:31:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Juan Pablo?  He loves jet dryers...
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 3:57:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Their stuff is top notch IMHO.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 4:08:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice stick, Dude!

JP makes a nice lower.  I just wish it had an ambi bolt release.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 4:18:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks good! Jp is good stuff
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 4:39:19 PM EDT
[#6]
JP is good shit  

Most of my AR's have JP triggers

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:07:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I did a search and I didn't find any JP Enterprises threads.  Nothing in the industry forum either.  I guess they aren't an industry partner for some reason.

Anyway, I plan to have the buffer tube, upper/lower receivers, and the handguard NP3 coated after I get my SBR stamp.  It will be EPIC!

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:13:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought their buffer recoil assembly system.  I figured I'd give it a try on my "blown budget" gun.  Just finished the build, so I haven't used it yet.   The fit and finish is top notch however.  Beautiful looking rifle though thats for sure.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:25:15 AM EDT
[#9]
CTR billet upper, JP compensator and one of their adjustable gas blocks...have a low mass carrier/buffer/spring on the way.  

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:54:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Check out brian enos forum

JP's market is IPSC, multi-gun, 3-gun

Really good stuff
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:19:59 AM EDT
[#11]
I have one very similar to yours, I don't see any way to add a pic to my reply.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:32:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one very similar to yours, I don't see any way to add a pic to my reply.
View Quote

Host the photo at photobucket dot com and paste it in with IMG tags
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:47:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Really good stuff
View Quote

Pretty much this - they don't get a whole lot of attention from "tactical" folks on the boards, though a lot of stuff they either make or sell has found its way onto combat weapons - they were selling smooth sided "modular" round handguards with removable rail sections for years before they became "in vogue," and long before the age of everyone wanting an RMR or MRDS or T1, the JPoint was the "king" of mini-red dot sights, and in their winged ACOG mount showed up on a lot of TA01NSNs, and formed the basis of the 4x DOS PIP for the SOPMOD program.  

That being said, I don't personally care for the aesthetics of their receivers, but that's just a personal opinion thing - and it's all very functional.  Just not Cerakoted tan, and therefore uninteresting to a lot of people.  

Of course - I would also note that you need to have a measured application of "game" gun stuff on a "tactical" gun, not everything translates perfectly - but there's a lot of good stuff available that often "filters down" into the "tactical" market eventually - Jeff Gurwitch has a great article on "3-gun to Tactical Crossover" over at Defense Review.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:06:54 AM EDT
[#14]
 Just not Cerakoted tan, and therefore uninteresting to a lot of people.  
View Quote

oh yeah TAN....that's what required to be hardcore these days...especially when you live in THE FOREST!!!!  

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 11:41:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Great products and top notch service.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 11:46:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

oh yeah TAN....that's what required to be hardcore these days...especially when you live in THE FOREST!!!!  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
 Just not Cerakoted tan, and therefore uninteresting to a lot of people.  

Yeah someone should tell the deer,coyotes,wolves,groundhogs,foxes,coons,birds,snakes,and every other tan colored critter how they don't blend in very well.....
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 12:08:20 PM EDT
[#17]
good point....but I've just seen too many desert camo ARs out here in PA lately...getting a little worn out...sorta like Mulitcam if you know what I mean :)
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 12:27:04 PM EDT
[#18]
JP makes great stuff, I have a rail, and a recoil eliminator.  Know a guy who had a complete JP in 308, great rifle.  I wouldn't hesitate to use their stuff.  Oh yeah, I've got a J-Point too...  
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 1:52:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Juan Pablo?  He loves jet dryers...
View Quote

That reply made my day.

(I hope i'm not the only one that got it)
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:25:05 PM EDT
[#20]
I've had this  JP PSC-12 .308 for a year now.  I'm glad I went with JP.  the rifle shoots great.  I've shot 5  shot groups at .57 inches  at 100  and some a tad smaller.  I have also shot a 5  shot group at 403 yrds that measured 1.5 inches.  all with factory fgmm 175 and  168 grain.      
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:04:34 PM EDT
[#21]
John Paul doesn't build "rifles", he builds PRECISION INSTRUMENTS!!!
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:23:07 PM EDT
[#22]
using one of their barrel nuts.....GTG
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:06:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Softest shooter I own.  WIsh I could afford another one.  In time...

Chad
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:07:33 PM EDT
[#24]
I really like JP stuff.  Their factory-installed triggers are fantastic.  Most everything else is top-notch, too.  Even their Glock mag-release is great.  I'd like to try their GMR rifle.  The idea of practicing using cheap 9mm, while having the same form-factor as my .223 JP, seems like it could work well.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:52:43 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I use JP bore guides...
View Quote
+1, best one out there

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:58:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
JP is good shit  

Most of my AR's have JP triggers

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/derek45/media/BURRIS1-4x/IMGP5814.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/derek45/BURRIS1-4x/IMGP5814.jpg</a>
View Quote

Have you had any problems with the red/yellow spring combo? Me personally, I've never had a set last more than about 6k rounds.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:02:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Pretty much this - they don't get a whole lot of attention from "tactical" folks on the boards, though a lot of stuff they either make or sell has found its way onto combat weapons - they were selling smooth sided "modular" round handguards with removable rail sections for years before they became "in vogue," and long before the age of everyone wanting an RMR or MRDS or T1, the JPoint was the "king" of mini-red dot sights, and in their winged ACOG mount showed up on a lot of TA01NSNs, and formed the basis of the 4x DOS PIP for the SOPMOD program.  

That being said, I don't personally care for the aesthetics of their receivers, but that's just a personal opinion thing - and it's all very functional.  Just not Cerakoted tan, and therefore uninteresting to a lot of people.  

Of course - I would also note that you need to have a measured application of "game" gun stuff on a "tactical" gun, not everything translates perfectly - but there's a lot of good stuff available that often "filters down" into the "tactical" market eventually - Jeff Gurwitch has a great article on "3-gun to Tactical Crossover" over at Defense Review.  

~Augee
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really good stuff

~Augee

I like JP stuff and tend to consider it quality, but have been savaged here before for daring to point out that their core business seems to be oriented towards the competitive market, almost like I was insulting them or something.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top