Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/13/2014 1:25:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:38:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I love mine too, but they definitely aren't mainstream. I don't know if they will ever catch on but I'm not too worried about it. I like mine better than my Daniel DDM4V7 and my Colt 6920.

Snapped a quick pic this morning

http://i61.tinypic.com/2uts2fk.jpg
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:59:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank God!! I was starting to think I was the only one! I'm getting another one 14.5" with a pinned Phantom QD mount and 14" rail!
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 9:56:45 AM EDT
[#3]
hmm I don't think I've heard of them. but i like the way their rail looks, kinda looks like what the spawn of a urx 3.1 and a Mk3 would be. I'll have to check them out.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 10:31:52 AM EDT
[#4]
They're made in Apex, NC, right outside of Raleigh. I haven't seen them sold outside of NC but I know they are popular with competitive shooters, especially 3 gun.

I actually think the rail is extremely similar to the Centurion CMR rail...I mean to me it looks exactly the same. I wonder who came up with it first.

I've been looking for rail covers for it, and can't find anything. Even the Centurion Arms website is down. And every website I find through Google search says out of stock for CMR rail accessories. Did Centurion go out of business?
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:57:35 PM EDT
[#5]
The 5 and 9 slot Magpul rails work so you could just put those strategically around the hand guard and put your choice of rail guards on those. I use the Ergo ladders, cause they're cheap and squishy.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:50:02 PM EDT
[#6]
They are (at least were) hit or miss. I used them and many of their parts for a long time, but stopped a while back.

There's a reason Toolcraft stopped using them as their bolt supplier about a year ago.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:01:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Thats a nice rifle. I imagine most people probably don't buy them because DD, BCM, Noveske and Larue all have great reputations and are in the same price range.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:19:20 PM EDT
[#8]
$1000 OTD But, I added the Vltor, Aimpoint, and Grippod.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:38:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought one of their Patrolman models 5 months ago through Gander Mountain. The rifle is top notch in components and fit and finish and shoots lights out. I inadvertently self inflicted damage on my barrel not long after I got it and when I called BPM about what I could do to remedy the damage, the owner, Andrew Barnes, told me to send the upper back to them and he would take care of it free of charge. I did so and it was returned to me looking as good as new in short order. In addition, he had included one of their new NiB BCGs gratis as I had purchased my rifle before the NiB carriers were standard on these models. Obviously, customer service way above and beyond the norm. I would encourage prospective buyers to seriously consider their products. I talked up their rifle in a post a couple of months ago and because I am fairly new to the site, was immediately accused of being a ringer for Barnes. I am not and recommend them due to the quality of their product and customer service.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:56:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Their rifles are of great quality, from what I've seen and heard.  I've been seriously looking to pick one up, good to know others are having good experiences.
Oh and they are local to me.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 9:53:14 PM EDT
[#11]
No offense but this seems more like an ad then a customer appreciation thread...
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 10:21:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's a reason Toolcraft stopped using them as their bolt supplier about a year ago.
View Quote

Your tone implies that you know something that others may not.  Can you share or are you conjecturing based on your own experience and observations?

Thanks
Wes
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:44:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Your tone implies that you know something that others may not.  Can you share or are you conjecturing based on your own experience and observations?

Thanks
Wes
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
Wes

You now know everything I do.
I deal with Toolcraft directly on a somewhat regular basis. Toolcraft machines their carriers in house, but contracts out for their bolts. They used BPM up until about a year ago and I was simply told the reason they stopped was strictly a 'quality' issue. Just this year Toolcraft has found a new bolt supplier. I have also seen other issues direct from BPM in the past.

What does this mean exactly? I don't know. I don't speculate. I think all companies have their issues. To me it is more important if they make it right (profesionally), learn from it, and correct it. Perhaps they did.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:07:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Nope, not an add. Just found a new(to me) rifle company that I really liked and wanted to share with everybody. As far as the "issues" so far so good for mine. I have had issues in the past with some companies that I just won't buy their products any more. If I have a problem with my Barnes well then I'll give them the chance to fix it and go from there.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:48:16 AM EDT
[#15]
My Ghey BPM SBR story....  

I bought an SBR upper off the EE.  When I got it, it looked different than the pics the seller posted.  

I sent an email with pics to BPM asking if this was their product.  An hour or so later, much to my surprise, my phone was ringing.  Andrew Barnes had dialed me up.  He assured me that the SBR upper that I had been delivered originally came from him.  

Mr. Barnes informed me that the rail on the upper that I'd bought was an older version of his rail, and that they had updated  their rail.  Mr. Barnes told me that he would be glad to upgrade the older rail to his new version.  All I would have to do is ship my upper to him, and he would upgrade the rail for free.  

I didn't ship the upper to BPM or ask for anything from them.  Their Gen 1 rail has done fine by me.

You don't hear a lot of chatter about BPM on the interwebs, but if you have a Barnes product and need support, you'll be treated like you are their ONLY customer when you contact them.  Just my .02

I'm also a LaRue fan.  Obviously, the RAT stock, Index Clips, and APEG are from ML.  Since the following pic was taken, the SBR has been blessed with a Comp M3 in an LT129 in front of a 3x Aimpoint in a LT755T.

Call me a shill for anyone but <No soup for you!>  

Come on over and have a drink.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 11:31:16 AM EDT
[#16]
I could dig it
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 12:14:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had thought they were more expensive then that. Well shoot the hell out of it and enjoy it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 12:39:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I had thought they were more expensive then that. Well shoot the hell out of it and enjoy it.
View Quote

I didn't want to say anything but I paid a good bit better than that for mine...but then again I have a history of overpaying for stuff.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:26:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Holy crap!! Starting at $1250 on Gunbroker! Did I finally get a great deal on a gun?! I always get hosed! AWESOME!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top