Link Posted: 1/30/2017 11:12:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Great_Balls_of_Fire] [#1]
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 12:33:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Great_Balls_of_Fire:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/650/31797949543_1e754c5480_o.jpg
View Quote

That's quite a bit of sex right there. How do you like the AirFrame?
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 5:40:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By JohnnySasaki20:

That's quite a bit of sex right there. How do you like the AirFrame?
View Quote

The airframe is great. Pretty comfy, really, as far as ballistic helmets go (I attribute some of that to the Team Wendy pad upgrade, though).
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 7:05:20 PM EDT
[#4]
The CQBR has been retired from duty use and is enjoying retirement with a proper optic.

Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:24:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:
I've seen better.

I'll bring the cigars this time.
View Quote

If you want good cigars, just message.  

My wife shooting my "Almost" CQBR lol
Untitled by Shift_Six, on Flickr
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 12:05:41 AM EDT
[#6]
There are a shit ton of pics on here with the weapon on FIRE.  Be careful guys.  Stay safe.

EKSB
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 12:25:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By EveryKneeShallBow:
There are a shit ton of pics on here with the weapon on FIRE.  Be careful guys.  Stay safe.

EKSB
View Quote
That's how most store their Sticks, or should. Hammer down. To each his own though.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 2:04:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TinyCrumb] [#8]

EKSB
View Quote

Go take this ignorant bullshit to some other thread.

Condition 3 and 4 are common safety measures. Maybe you could help us "stay safe" and stay away from guns until you get some education and common sense.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 2:09:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I too like to live dangerously...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 2:31:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

Condition 3 and 4 are common safety measures. Maybe you could help us "stay safe" and stay away from guns until you get some education and common sense.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

EKSB

As TC stated. Here is a good explanation of Conditions 3&4
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/condition-three-long-gun-safety/
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 8:11:43 AM EDT
[#11]

EKSB
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:17:23 AM EDT
[#12]

EKSB
View Quote

and if there's no buwwets in the pew pew, it can't go pew pew regardless of selector position.  stay sane.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 12:29:05 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

Keeping a weapon on safe until you are ready to fire IS common sense, regardless of the "common safety measures".

This isn't GD, so I'll keep the CoC violations to myself.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 12:59:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ozgood03:

Keeping a weapon on safe until you are ready to fire IS common sense, regardless of the "common safety measures".

View Quote

Take a trip to a military armory some time, then come back and chime in when you've learned a thing or three.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 1:08:41 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Bingo.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 2:34:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GeauxSouth86] [#16]

EKSB
View Quote

Ain't nobody got time for that.
Let's learn you something tho.....as stated in the Link above the safety selector will only engage to safe after the rifle is charged/ a round chambered....but that's just me ASSUMING that you're not going to read that.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 2:38:59 PM EDT
[#17]
I believe everyone knows here that if a round is chambered then it is on safe.  So if you see a picture of just a AR15 on fire DON'T assume its chambered and has to be on safe.

CD
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 6:13:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Pic thread. Picked up a Colt tear drop FA and got it in today.

Link Posted: 1/31/2017 8:42:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Finally about to swap my MB. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 8:56:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Time to shave that barrel..Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:50:36 PM EDT
[#21]
First, let me say how great looking some of these builds are; Inspired me to start putting together a Mod 0.  Apologies if I've missed it in the thread, but as far as acceptable lower receivers, how does the Brownell's A1 lower go? Yay, nay, or Colt, Colt, and nothing but Colt?

The safe vs. fire debate always give me a laugh.  When I was is basic back in 2005 I turned in an A2 that was on safe once.  Drill Sergeant made me write a paper over leave on the correct way to store it . . .
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:27:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By daojag:
First, let me say how great looking some of these builds are; Inspired me to start putting together a Mod 0.  Apologies if I've missed it in the thread, but as far as acceptable lower receivers, how does the Brownell's A1 lower go? Yay, nay, or Colt, Colt, and nothing but Colt?

The safe vs. fire debate always give me a laugh.  When I was is basic back in 2005 I turned in an A2 that was on safe once.  Drill Sergeant made me write a paper over leave on the correct way to store it . . .
View Quote

Any forged lower will be fine. Obviously Colt would be slightly more correct, but only because of the pony. You'll be good with the Brownells.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:39:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Speaking of lowers, Its time for another form 1... Does any one have a post 41P, Form 1 cheat sheet? I thought I was done SBR'ing things.

Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:12:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Chincy] [#24]
Gonna be putting my cqbr upper together very soon...gonna need a 99051 if anyone wants to part ways.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:27:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Chincy:
Gonna be putting my cqbr upper together very soon...gonna need a 99051 if anyone wants to part ways.
View Quote

Just sent you an IM
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:53:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#26]

View Quote

Rack safe is a thing.  Do some research before you make yourself look like an idiot.

In other news, I'm thinking about building up another CQBR upper after being out of the game for a while.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 9:24:24 AM EDT
[#27]

My MK18 sitting on my first form 1 lower.  My first form 1 was filed on December 22, 2015 and it took exactly 93 days to get my stamp.  I miss those days.    

I am hoping I will get my tax stamp for my second form 1 lower in two weeks after waiting 7 months for it.  I am tired of the MK18 being on a pistol lower (minus the vertical grip).  

Anyone else efile a form 1 around June 20 to 30th and are still waiting on their tax stamp?
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:34:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Charged on 6/23 for a paper Form 1 and nothing yet.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 1:29:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By js1977:
I too like to live dangerously...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/438461/FullSizeRender-copy-2-137176.JPG
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 4:37:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By H1H0AG:
Finally about to swap my MB. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/435257/IMG-3117-137587.JPG
View Quote

Honest question, Why run a dual switch and a single switch?
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 5:10:51 PM EDT
[#31]
As they say: two is one and one is none. /end
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 5:36:30 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

wut
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 6:46:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By HAMMERF0RGED:
View Quote

I was wondering if that 3x magnifier had negative eye relief, lol.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 6:57:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: david05111] [#34]
Can someone explain what's going on here?  Why do these sights which they claim are both comp m2/m68s look different?  The battery cap isn't the weird part.  Look at the front, forward of where the mount attaches.  The top one is kinda concave, tapering down to the mount; the bottom isn't.  And he bottom seems shorter ahead of the mount.  The bottom is taken from the Recoil magazine highlighting the MK18 used in "American Sniper."

Link Posted: 2/1/2017 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Alshooter1526:

My MK18 sitting on my first form 1 lower.  My first form 1 was filed on December 22, 2015 and it took exactly 93 days to get my stamp.  I miss those days.    

I am hoping I will get my tax stamp for my second form 1 lower in two weeks after waiting 7 months for it.  I am tired of the MK18 being on a pistol lower (minus the vertical grip).  

Anyone else efile a form 1 around June 20 to 30th and are still waiting on their tax stamp?
View Quote

i have 2 filed june 25th i am still waiting on. i have one what was filed may 15 that approved 1-26-17

the problem your going to run in to is with the deadline of 41f approaching there were thousands of form 1 filed between june 15th and the deadline date. there are fixing to hit that point. i wouldn't be surprised to see june filings hit 12 months
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 8:03:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Noob question here.
Did insight make a single pressure switch?
It'll be a very long time, if not ever, before I get NODS and have a need for the dual switch.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 8:12:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Chincy:
Noob question here.
Did insight make a single pressure switch?
It'll be a very long time, if not ever, before I get NODS and have a need for the dual switch.
View Quote

Yes, in black and tan. There's also a square version with a small round button and typically a longer cable.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 8:25:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#38]
Originally Posted By david05111:
Can someone explain what's going on here?  Why do these sights which they claim are both comp m2/m68s look different?  The battery cap isn't the weird part.  Look at the front, forward of where the mount attaches.  The top one is kinda concave, tapering down to the mount; the bottom isn't.  And he bottom seems shorter ahead of the mount.  The bottom is taken from the Recoil magazine highlighting the MK18 used in "American Sniper."

https://s3.amazonaws.com/mgm-content/sites/armslist/uploads/posts/2013/05/31/1698612_02_aimpoint_comp_m2_red_dot_sight_640.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/635/32532567791_dc05676999_c.jpg
View Quote

The pic featured in Recoil is the stunt prop made for the film. It's not a real M68 CCO.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 8:46:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:

The pic featured in Recoil is the stunt prop made for the film. It's not a real M68 CCO.
View Quote

This. They used a lot of fake & airsoft stuff in that movie. Notice the barrel is wrong (IIRC it's a 14.5" or 16" that goes all the way through the can) and then of course the fake KAC can.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 8:47:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By cmcflex:

Yes, in black and tan. There's also a square version with a small round button and typically a longer cable.
View Quote

Need to get my hands on a tan one. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 8:50:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: compuvette] [#41]

View All Quotes

https://s3.amazonaws.com/mgm-content/sites/armslist/uploads/posts/2013/05/31/1698612_02_aimpoint_comp_m2_red_dot_sight_640.jpg

Yep.  Prop gun.  All you've got to do is look at the can.  Not a real NT4.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 9:09:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: david05111] [#42]
Makes sense, although it is a real gun.  It's built on a transferrable colt lower.  Pretty strange that they added loads of fake parts on a real MG.

Can't embed, but

https://youtu.be/Dya7BBzRb-Q
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote
The one in the mag looks like some Chinese knock-off.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 9:41:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Makes sense, although it is a real gun.  It's built on a transferrable colt lower.  Pretty strange that they added loads of fake parts on a real MG.

Can't embed, but

https://youtu.be/Dya7BBzRb-Q
View Quote

Prop armorer's do a whole lot weirder than that. They used multiple different versions throughout the film, including one that was solid rubber (think rubber duck).
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 11:33:54 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Looks like an Aimpoint CompM

Link Posted: 2/2/2017 12:16:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#46]
Originally Posted By HD2006:

Looks like an Aimpoint CompM

http://i.imgur.com/CDwdedCh.jpg
View Quote

I think they intended it to resemble a CompM. The functional prop gun probably had an actual CompM on it.

Here is another shot of one of the prop guns from an angle where you can see the front of the "sight".

This configuration is supposed to be from his first deployment, as portrayed in the film.

Link Posted: 2/2/2017 1:58:34 AM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By H1H0AG:
Finally about to swap my MB. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/435257/IMG-3117-137587.JPG

The dual is constant and momentary for the Surefire.  The single is the PEQ.  I'm not a fan of the setup, just toying with it.  

The 3x works perfect for me, since I don't run the stock all the way in.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 1:59:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Ah that makes sense

Was a comp m even the correct optic for that rifle?  Seems to me a bit late for it to have been in service
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 6:13:46 AM EDT
[#49]

"Shit, it's da PoPo...and he militarized!"

[I know, a little late; I'm getting caught up]
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 9:50:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Jrhemming:
Pic thread. Picked up a Colt tear drop FA and got it in today.
View Quote
Thank you 
I had completely forgotten my urge to get one of the tear drop FA
Seems like the itch never stops 
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 852 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top