AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 849 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 12:48:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

They definitely did not. No idea what he means by "factory built". Either they're just personal builds or "fell off the back of Crane's truck". Something's very fishy. Either stolen goods or the guy is lying.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mad4wd:
Did Colt ever assemble factory CQBR uppers? I saw this in the EE Colt factory CQBR uppers for sale

They definitely did not. No idea what he means by "factory built". Either they're just personal builds or "fell off the back of Crane's truck". Something's very fishy. Either stolen goods or the guy is lying.

well......seller is in the same state as Crane. (hmmmmm)  Thing is, without provenance, those uppers are no different than many others that are in this thread. With provenance, they probably wouldn't be advertised on a site like this.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 1:35:09 PM EDT
[#2]

View Quote

This is most likely correct.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#3]

View Quote

Pretty much what I was thinking. I've been thinking about building another upper, but saw one just like that ("factory built") on GB and then this one in the EE. First thing I thought when I saw both was that I didn't think Colt ever built any like that. It didn't cross my mind they could be from Crane (crazier things have happened, but that still wouldn't be factory Colt built); I was guessing misrepresented.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 8:00:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Are guys getting Surefire RC 1 suppressors any where or is the only option at this point rc2?
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 8:16:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbye] [#5]
Originally Posted By Jrhemming:
Are guys getting Surefire RC 1 suppressors any where or is the only option at this point rc2?
View Quote

I haven't heard of anyone buying one in a while. I went with the RC2 a year ago because I could not locate a RC.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 9:52:30 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

New user as of last month, no posts other than EE - yep not passing the smell test for sure.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 10:51:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Mad4wd:
Did Colt ever assemble factory CQBR uppers? I saw this in the EE Colt factory CQBR uppers for sale
View Quote

No, all DoD Mk18 or CQBR uppers are built at Crane or by Crane trained armorers.

CD
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 11:05:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: js1977] [#8]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

No, all DoD Mk18 or CQBR uppers are built at Crane or by Crane trained armorers.

CD
View Quote
Can you clarify this a little, are you saying Crane built Colt CQBR uppers? Because a stripped CQBR Colt is what I used down range while attached to ODA.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:12:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I THINK, Colt supplies the Upper receiver, barrel, bolt and BCG to crane and then they put the rest of it on.  Maybe Colt supplies a matech BUIS too.  Or maybe they just do a carry handle.  I don't know.  I'm kind of taking a stab in case CD is away from his desk for a while.  But I'm kind of unsure of the accuracy of my response.  

Others will know.  I'm pretty sure what he's saying is that Colt doesn't build a Mk18 / CQBR upper and ship it to crane.   Now M4/M4A1's I'm pretty sure come ready to plug and play.  Rails and rear BUIS.  Or carry handle.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 1:14:09 AM EDT
[#10]
could someone help me please,
are these markings on a Eotech G33 normal?

Link Posted: 1/18/2017 1:52:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#11]
Originally Posted By js1977:
Can you clarify this a little, are you saying Crane built Colt CQBR uppers? Because a stripped CQBR Colt is what I used down range while attached to ODA.
View Quote

Correct, Colt does not build the CQBR uppers for USSOCOM.  DoD buys complete guns or spare parts from Colt.  That is done by Crane and if you notice Crane uppers are now serialize 1000xxxx or 1400xxxx.  Only new ones not serialized are those the Crane armorers/SOF-FTT/91F that repair/rebuild (older ones weren't serialized and had a tendency to disappear at times) Only thing that is always (at this point) going to be a Colt product is the barrel as Crane takes a Colt 14.5" Govt profile and cut to 10.3".  Lots of spare parts are FN in the supply chain.

CD
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 2:43:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TNW:
Specific clone. AFG related.
View Quote

Nice.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 9:25:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Correct, Colt does not build the CQBR uppers for USSOCOM.  DoD buys complete guns or spare parts from Colt.  That is done by Crane and if you notice Crane uppers are now serialize 1000xxxx or 1400xxxx.  Only new ones not serialized are those the Crane armorers/SOF-FTT/91F that repair/rebuild (older ones weren't serialized and had a tendency to disappear at times) Only thing that is always (at this point) going to be a Colt product is the barrel as Crane takes a Colt 14.5" Govt profile and cut to 10.3".  Lots of spare parts are FN in the supply chain.

CD
View Quote

Thanks for breaking it down!  Funny about them serializing the uppers now due to things disappearing, haha!
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 11:13:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Did SOCOM stop purchasing EOTech optics after the lawsuit?

Or are we going to start seeing these logos on optics?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 11:21:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By sbye:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/260726/IMG-2234-128251-128280.JPG
View Quote

damn that logo is gay.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:11:49 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

Yes

CD
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:48:10 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

New logo is awesome, love it.

SU-231a never had any logos on it (L3, circle dot or otherwise, just like the SU-231). MARSOC seemed to be using standard EXPS-3-0 instead of SU-231a but there's already been plenty of photos and videos showing them testing new optics, so presumably they're on they're own when it comes to that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 7:57:38 PM EDT
[#18]

SU-231a never had any logos on it (L3, circle dot or otherwise, just like the SU-231). MARSOC seemed to be using standard EXPS-3-0 instead of SU-231a but there's already been plenty of photos and videos showing them testing new optics, so presumably they're on they're own when it comes to that.
View Quote

Out of curiosity what have they been seen using?
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 8:43:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 9:26:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By footsoldier9th:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By footsoldier9th:

Two I can think of off the top of my head are the Aimpoint T1 and Leupold LCO.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 10:01:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By OilfieldTrash78:

I am running a H2 and standard spring...guess I need to step it up.
View Quote

I currently have a Sprinco Red, and the ADM Reliability buffer.  Best I could do before I put the adjustable gas block on.  She was at 1:00, now at 3:00 is with that heavy buffer and spring.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 11:43:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MCDXXV] [#22]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

Two I can think of off the top of my head are the Aimpoint T1 and Leupold LCO.
View Quote

M4/M4S as well.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:33:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnySasaki20] [#23]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:Two I can think of off the top of my head are the Aimpoint T1 and Leupold LCO.
View Quote

Anyone using a D-EVO behind their LCO? The idea is cool, but I'm not entirely sold on it.

I'm still waiting for someone to figure out how to incorporate this into a scope so you could have a similar setup, only without the offset:

How Does This Invisibility Cloak Work?

Edit: What the hell is wrong with this site anymore? Do I have to re-up my membership just to post a friggin' youtube video?
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 3:54:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RyanO20] [#24]
Standby for kick ass upper. Just waiting on the 10.3" to get back from a chop job.

Link Posted: 1/19/2017 7:20:25 PM EDT
[#25]
I've never been into clones, but after finishing my m16a4 I want to build a cqbr now.   Cloning is addictive
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 8:31:43 PM EDT
[#26]
What is the going rate for a new black LMT Gen 1 sopmod stock?
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 8:46:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By NoClassic:
What is the going rate for a new black LMT Gen 1 sopmod stock?
View Quote
I'll give you $30 for it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 8:51:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
View Quote

Seems like pricing is all over the place but doubt they have been that cheap in a while. I did a quick search on ebay and pricing there is insane.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:22:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stoner25mkiv] [#29]

Seems like pricing is all over the place but doubt they have been that cheap in a while. I did a quick search on ebay and pricing there is insane.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

You say "new" 1st gen. That makes it somewhat hard to find, but I think I've seen two in the last 2 or 3weeks on the EE that were listed as "as new/unused. If memory serves me they were listed at 165 and 180.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:48:48 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote
Fine..............$40
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 7:11:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#31]
clone popo gonna come after me for my pistol build lol

Link Posted: 1/20/2017 7:13:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#32]
fuckin double post.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 7:57:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By brodband8:
clone popo gonna come after me for my pistol build lol
View Quote
If that don't scream "fuck yo couch charliemurphy" I don't know what does!

Sweet ass pistola man. 
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#34]
added the (LED/IR m952) light to it...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 4:39:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Need a little help finding a picture... it's of a CQBR block 1 with a KAC Carbine length FF RAS and a BE Meyers flash hider
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 4:53:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:
Need a little help finding a picture... it's of a CQBR block 1 with a KAC Carbine length FF RAS and a BE Meyers flash hider
View Quote

I think this is what you're talking about?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 5:30:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Petes1552:

I think this is what you're talking about?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/376372/mk18-meyers-fh-129945.JPG
View Quote

That is one, yes, thank you. There is another I'm looking for. It is a dude posing, standing up. May be the same guy for all I know
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:24:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StevieJ309] [#38]
I just saw that one the other day. Let me poke around.

ETA: I couldn't find it, but I remember it's setup the same as the one pic above.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:36:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Petes1552] [#39]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

That is one, yes, thank you. There is another I'm looking for. It is a dude posing, standing up. May be the same guy for all I know
View Quote

No prob.  Here's a link hopefully it's one of the pics on this page.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/641240_Official-Mk-18-and-CQBR-Photo-and-Discussion-Thread.html&page=433
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:51:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Petes1552:

No prob.  Here's a link hopefully it's one of the pics on this page.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/641240_Official-Mk-18-and-CQBR-Photo-and-Discussion-Thread.html&page=433
View Quote

Unfortunately not, I will find it eventually. Working on cloning that gun
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 10:02:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Did it belong to the guy with the CBR logo as an avatar? MN Honda maybe? Something along those lines?
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 10:06:33 PM EDT
[#42]
No. This one was issued and the pic was taken in theater. It was just a single guy with a bushy beard holding the rifle across his chest.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 10:08:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jax_Guns] [#43]
Attachment Attached File

It looks like a 10.5", not a 10.3" barrel, in this pic as well.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 10:26:24 PM EDT
[#44]
A quick question for the frequent members in this group.  I swear I recently saw reference photos of individuals carrying MK18's with torches on the bottom rails and PEQ-15's on top without vertical grips.  Is that a thing or am I imagining things/thinking about a different thread?  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 12:21:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By TangoNoob:
A quick question for the frequent members in this group.  I swear I recently saw reference photos of individuals carrying MK18's with torches on the bottom rails and PEQ-15's on top without vertical grips.  Is that a thing or am I imagining things/thinking about a different thread?  

Thanks!
View Quote

The only thing I remember in this thread was a few pages back when Brodband posted a picture of a gun with a peq16 (not 15) on top and a wmx200 on the bottom rail. Don't think it had a vertical grip, but it did have a NT4, so I imagine it was a MARSOC gun.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 12:56:25 PM EDT
[#46]

Thanks!
View Quote

I am not sure what is meant by a "thing." The fact is, most military M4A1s have 1913 rails on four sides and it stands to reason that some end user will find it reasonable to run lights or lasers in a variety of different ways.

That said, the image that comes to mind of what you are describing is this one:

Here's [another] WMX200 at 6:00 but on a 14.5er:

Link Posted: 1/21/2017 5:06:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kidnap_44] [#47]

Link Posted: 1/21/2017 10:44:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 11:47:45 PM EDT
[#50]

Thanks!
View Quote

Same concept as folks running pressure pads in front of peqs. Whatever works- works.
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 849 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top