AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 368 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:09:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:

Exactly. I'd buy 3-5 without question. Would at the very least want two to use right away, and one as a spare/extra. Would possibly pick up a couple as investments as well.

I have a couple local buddies who would do similarly. I can easily think of 20 of those selling just between me and a few of my local shooting buddies. They'd sell 100 plus in no time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brodband8:
And knowing how rare they are im sure most of us would buy at least 1 maybe 2.  I would buy 2-3 for sure.

Exactly. I'd buy 3-5 without question. Would at the very least want two to use right away, and one as a spare/extra. Would possibly pick up a couple as investments as well.

I have a couple local buddies who would do similarly. I can easily think of 20 of those selling just between me and a few of my local shooting buddies. They'd sell 100 plus in no time.

Prior to Dan's group buy thread, I asked about intererst in them as well because I had a guy that used to work for Spikes who was willing to get DD to make them and at the time, the minimum was 30 rails but, that guy would only have sold them as complete uppers. He was trying to get his own business going and wanted to get his name out there. He was going to use Douglas Barrels and Spike NiB BCG in the uppers but, I could only get roughly 10 people to commit at the time.

Not sure if it would have ever came to be but, this guy was pretty well connected so, never say never. Guess that dreams long gone.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:15:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By jBoy723:

Prior to Dan's group buy thread, I asked about intererst in them as well because I had a guy that used to work for Spikes who was willing to get DD to make them and at the time, the minimum was 30 rails but, that guy would only have sold them as complete uppers. He was trying to get his own business going and wanted to get his name out there. He was going to use Douglas Barrels and Spike NiB BCG in the uppers but, I could only get roughly 10 people to commit at the time.

Not sure if it would have ever came to be but, this guy was pretty well connected so, never say never. Guess that dreams long gone.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jBoy723:
Originally Posted By brodband8:
And knowing how rare they are im sure most of us would buy at least 1 maybe 2.  I would buy 2-3 for sure.

I'll buy complete uppers if need be as well. I'd still be in for at least two if I had to get them as complete uppers.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 2:07:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:
Seeing TAHK's pics makes me want that tan LMT Gen 1 SOPMOD stock even more. This has been the elusive purple unicorn for me. Haven't been able to get my hands on one yet. Is there someone willing to part with one? I'd like to put it to good use on my CQBR build. Can pay immediately via PayPal gift. Thanks for the consideration.

http://<a href=http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e85/Scott_AZ/2nd%20Amendment/SOPMODCB2.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

I got mine a few months ago on the EE, the ad had been there for several months at $125.  Im surprised no one had bought it, brand new to.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 2:23:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks like boltcarrier.com knocked the price down on their KAC taupe front sights to $171.

Just a heads up as that's a pretty killer price.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 3:01:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By cms81586:

Ipotato pic...

View Quote

Good one, CMS...now everyone's going to have to get clone correct Rayovac batteries.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 3:11:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fridge72] [#6]
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:

Good one, CMS...now everyone's going to have to get clone correct Rayovac batteries.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:

Ipotato pic...

Lol, I have the right barrel but that's about it. If I posted my 10.3" I'd get fuckin accosted to no end..
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 7:52:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Same to you bro...

Ipotato pic...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/cms81586/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps0np47zll.jpg

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
Some of you might be interested in hearing that the most recent Mk18's I saw were outfitted with Geissele triggers, old school N/1 Colt stocks, and teardrop forward assists. I'm sure it's common knowledge but interesting to see the teardrop FA's on new rifles.

Where's the pics?

None needed; if he's saying it, take it to the bank.  

CMS, good to see you're still around.

Same to you bro...

Ipotato pic...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/cms81586/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps0np47zll.jpg

lol, big green brick batteries.  

oh how i don't miss those...
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 9:19:32 AM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
Some of you might be interested in hearing that the most recent Mk18's I saw were outfitted with Geissele triggers, old school N/1 Colt stocks, and teardrop forward assists. I'm sure it's common knowledge but interesting to see the teardrop FA's on new rifles.

Where's the pics?

None needed; if he's saying it, take it to the bank.  

CMS, good to see you're still around.

Same to you bro...

Ipotato pic...

Thats a Harris 152...not ASIP/SINCGARS brick batteries...  A whole lot smaller and lighter...about the same size as an MBITR battery.

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:25:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Thats a Harris 152...not ASIP/SINCGARS brick batteries...  A whole lot smaller and lighter...about the same size as an MBITR battery.

View Quote

Oh I know....the Marines kept breaking my EOD guys' batteries out on mission.    They'd break their own, EOD would be nice and loan them some.....they'd break those too.  Then of course it was just because the batteries were crap, mind you.  Nothing to do with their complete disregard for other people's stuff.  

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#10]
I did the trade so if anyone wants an ATPIAL-c for a killer price pm me
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 11:30:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Oh I know....the Marines kept breaking my EOD guys' batteries out on mission.    They'd break their own, EOD would be nice and loan them some.....they'd break those too.  Then of course it was just because the batteries were crap, mind you.  Nothing to do with their complete disregard for other people's stuff.  

View All Quotes

They're Marines. They can manage to break anything. I wasn't so lucky. I got stuck humping an ASIP with two extra batteries on top of everything else. The MBITR didn't have the range and we didn't have any other cool guy gear.

Either way...back to the pic thread!
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 11:33:39 AM EDT
[#12]
So with all the decent priced block 2 black fsp ris rails floating around has anyone thought about trying to modify it (cut/dremel/metal work) to convert it to an mk18 ris fsp?  I know it would tske some skill and effort but I keep thinking about it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 12:10:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By cschelk2:
So with all the decent priced block 2 black fsp ris rails floating around has anyone thought about trying to modify it (cut/dremel/metal work) to convert it to an mk18 ris fsp?  I know it would tske some skill and effort but I keep thinking about it.
View Quote

Well, two of the lower attachment screws (one on each side) are positioned past the FSB, so it would only have the two screws toward the rear. I don't think it would be a very good idea personally, but if someone got one for $150 and was itching to try it, I guess they could.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 12:19:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:

Well, two of the lower attachment screws (one on each side) are positioned past the FSB, so it would only have the two screws toward the rear. I don't think it would be a very good idea personally, but if someone got one for $150 and was itching to try it, I guess they could.
View All Quotes

Exactly my thoughts.  I knew the front bolt up hole would be too far forward but I think positioning a new hole on each side woukd be easier than cutting the rail down.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 12:39:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#15]

Exactly my thoughts.  I knew the front bolt up hole would be too far forward but I think positioning a new hole on each side woukd be easier than cutting the rail down.
View All Quotes

The cutting would be easy... there's not really anywhere to position a new hole very well though. It would be a lot of work for a fairly unrefined final product.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By jparish62:

These guys selling the black fsp rails got them at Brownells for $150-$200
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jparish62:

These guys selling the black fsp rails got them at Brownells for $150-$200

+1. I got mine for 150 from Brownells too. But I'm not selling mine. Evar
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 2:19:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNW] [#17]
Originally Posted By hatexoc:
View Quote

I tried to but your inbox is full...

Also - DBM, thanks for the LSO Grip heads up, just ordered one.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 4:59:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Currently looking for a 231 marked 553 in good shape if anyone has a lead on one or is willing to part with theirs.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 4:59:59 PM EDT
[#19]
anyone plan to do another run of the m4 labels in the near future?
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 5:48:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Untitled by Shift_Six, on Flickr

Untitled by Shift_Six, on Flickr

Fun afternoon
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By TNW:

View All Quotes

Sure thing man. I picked one up too. Just in case.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

How fast were they with shipping?
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

At 13.55 it'd be weird not to FO
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 6:46:27 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

I've got my order notification, but no shipping yet. I ordered on Thursday I think... whatever day I posted about them here.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 7:06:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: safes2small] [#25]
So my Mod 0 was recoiling very hard. Colt 6921 URG cut to 10.5 with over 4.5 k of wolf while running a H3 buffer and standard spring. Ejection pattern with or without my suppressor was 1 o'clock.

It was time to rebuild...

Sold off the upper and had Adco chop a new 6920 URG to 10.3. They opened up the gas port. My 0.70 drill bit was loose in the port but the 0.73 drill bit would not go in. So .072? Upgraded to a G2S trigger.

Got it to the range for the first time this morning since the "rebuild".

Over 500 rounds of Wolf, fed M855, fed M193 and privi 75 gr match. Only 1 failure! 1 lone round of Wolf did not fire despite 3 hammer strikes. Ran it only suppressed today and all casings fell from 2:30 to 4 o'clock. It ran so soft my daughter who before the rebuild would only fire a few rounds went through 3 mags!

Also the old CH was treated with a gasket sealant and still had me choking on gas. I've not taken the time to put it on the new one yet. It was not a problem. Just the faintest puff...

Pardon the YHM can, someday it will be replaced with a NT4.

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 7:19:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNW] [#26]
Originally Posted By safes2small:
So my Mod 0 was recoiling very hard. Colt 6921 URG cut to 10.5 with over 4.5 k of wolf while running a H3 buffer and standard spring. Ejection pattern with or without my suppressor was 1 o'clock.

Sold off the upper and had Adco chop a new 6920 URG to 10.3. They opened up the gas port. My 0.70 drill bit was loose in the port but the 0.73 drill bit would not go in. So .072? Upgraded to a G2S trigger.

Over 500 rounds of Wolf, fed M855, fed M193 and privi 75 gr match. Only 1 failure! 1 lone round of Wolf did not fire despite 3 hammer strikes. Ran it only suppressed today and all casings fell from 2:30 to 4 o'clock. It ran so soft my daughter who before the rebuild would only fire a few rounds went through 3 mags!

Also the old CH was treated with a gasket sealant and still had me choking on gas. I've not taken the time to put it on the new one yet. It was not a problem. Just the faintest puff...

<a href="http://s295.photobucket.com/user/safes2small/media/57657D4C-6CDF-40BD-9DAC-C7CAD48FC0F6_zpsxg0xyjn7.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm151/safes2small/57657D4C-6CDF-40BD-9DAC-C7CAD48FC0F6_zpsxg0xyjn7.jpg</a>
View Quote

Dude mine is not a soft shooter either, when I get back I'm going to tinker. Anyone know the stock LMT gas port size ( sorry to bring up gas ports)... Can't even think of what buffer I'm running. Mine ejects at about 1:00 as well... Stripping mine and adding the light when I get back too... And an S3G.

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 7:20:54 PM EDT
[#27]

Dude mine is not a soft shooter either, when I get back I'm going to tinker. Anyone know the stock LMT gas port size ( sorry to bring up gas ports)... Can't even think of what buffer I'm running. Mine ejects at about 1:00 as well... Stripping mine and adding the light when I get back too...
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p390/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/67990ae7075aba9dacdca9dcf3402c3d_zpsa90akwkf.jpg
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p390/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/08cce3f340ac6da3d9d1fc03e11262d4_zpsokwjarkp.jpg

View All Quotes

<a href="http://s295.photobucket.com/user/safes2small/media/57657D4C-6CDF-40BD-9DAC-C7CAD48FC0F6_zpsxg0xyjn7.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm151/safes2small/57657D4C-6CDF-40BD-9DAC-C7CAD48FC0F6_zpsxg0xyjn7.jpg</a>

Dude mine is not a soft shooter either, when I get back I'm going to tinker. Anyone know the stock LMT gas port size ( sorry to bring up gas ports)... Can't even think of what buffer I'm running. Mine ejects at about 1:00 as well... Stripping mine and adding the light when I get back too...
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p390/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/67990ae7075aba9dacdca9dcf3402c3d_zpsa90akwkf.jpg
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p390/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/08cce3f340ac6da3d9d1fc03e11262d4_zpsokwjarkp.jpg

I'll ask my buddy he has a lmt 10.5
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 7:24:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 7:34:03 PM EDT
[#30]

Dude mine is not a soft shooter either, when I get back I'm going to tinker. Anyone know the stock LMT gas port size ( sorry to bring up gas ports)... Can't even think of what buffer I'm running. Mine ejects at about 1:00 as well... Stripping mine and adding the light when I get back too... And an S3G.

View All Quotes

.071". Tiny for a 10.5".
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 7:41:24 PM EDT
[#31]

.071". Tiny for a 10.5".
View All Quotes

.071". Tiny for a 10.5".

+1. I measured this LMT 10.5 after I got it back from getting cut to 10.3

I got .073 with a caliper, so yeh, I'd buy .071 all day long.

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 7:56:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Mine is a .078" gas port and an H2 tamed it.

Here is a video from before the H2, when it had a standard carbine buffer, shooting M855. It was pretty jumpy. Now its much smoother.

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 8:02:20 PM EDT
[#33]
IMG_4331 by splittiebus 66, on Flickr                

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 8:04:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 8:08:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Thanks. So you guys think an H3 will smooth it out?
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 8:21:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Splittiebus66:
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/tHUMuz" target="_blank">https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/359/18195907933_a138a90700_b.jpg</a>IMG_4331 by splittiebus 66, on Flickr                

View Quote

I give it a teeeeeeeeen!
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 8:33:48 PM EDT
[#37]
H3 is all these typically need. The primary reason why the gas port size discussion is off base is because solely speaking recoil, you really aren't going to feel any difference between a .070 and .082 10.3" barrel...and obviously, any size in between either. They all "feel" the same.

10.3s are snappy, regardless. You want a soft shooting 10.3, an adjustable GB is your only option.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 8:37:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Yeah I don't need smooth... So much as to alleviate the 1:00 ejection...
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 8:41:00 PM EDT
[#39]
H3 for sure.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 8:46:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#40]
H3 for sure.
View Quote

Yeeeeep. A heavier buffer did in fact smooth mine out a good bit though, in addition to moving the ejection back from the 1:30 to the 3:00.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 9:19:17 PM EDT
[#41]
H3 is all these typically need. The primary reason why the gas port size discussion is off base is because solely speaking recoil, you really aren't going to feel any difference between a .070 and .082 10.3" barrel...and obviously, any size in between either. They all "feel" the same.

10.3s are snappy, regardless. You want a soft shooting 10.3, an adjustable GB is your only option.
View Quote

Mine with an H2 and a .070 port feels just fine, it's just lighter than my 14.5" with an H2, YMMV.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 9:42:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Tmender03:

Mine with an H2 and a .070 port feels just fine, it's just lighter than my 14.5" with an H2, YMMV.
View All Quotes

10.3s tend to be snappier in general. Certainly more so than any of my 11.5s or 14.5s.

Mind you, I shoot my 10.3s far more than any of my other rifles, so it's not like it bothers me.

And in regards to the 10.3" gas port sizes and felt recoil, I've fired .070s and .082s side by side on multiple occasions. Multiple different host rifles as well. I can never tell the difference.

Even the MicroMOA rep chimed in before that the felt difference between the two is essentially nothing. And those guys have done extensive testing with different 10.3" configurations. Even on sustained full auto, the difference between those two gas port sizes equates to essentially nothing in regards to felt recoil.

Now, MicroMOA's Govnah on .049 with a suppressed 10.3, that's hands down the most fun shooting setup you can have with a 5.56 IMO.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:29:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Can someone remind me of the benefits that the SU-230 HD has over the standard Elcan? I remember IM'ing a member on here awhile ago, and it was something to do with improved recoil resistance? I can't remember now
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:33:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By gaston4:
Can someone remind me of the benefits that the SU-230 HD has over the standard Elcan? I remember IM'ing a member on here awhile ago, and it was something to do with improved recoil resistance? I can't remember now
View Quote

Allegedly it was "hardened" for the SCAR. I don't think I've seen an "HD" model in the wild, and my overrun isn't, and I've had no issues with it in the 5 years I've had it now.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:37:11 PM EDT
[#45]

Allegedly it was "hardened" for the SCAR. I don't think I've seen an "HD" model in the wild, and my overrun isn't, and I've had no issues with it in the 5 years I've had it now.
View All Quotes

That seems to be in line with what I remember hearing about them. Were they ever sold commercially?

And do you or anyone else know what what you can buy a tan Elcan MRDS mount for these days?
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:49:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:57:01 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

I think there's at least one person in the clone threads with an HD model.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:57:23 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

i believe the HD is only referenced to the su230-a.  the only differences are a stouter azimuth adjustment bar and red loctite applied to set screws on the azimuth adjustment.

this isn't just a socom model upgrade.   all spectre DR's received this update , even civilian models.

it was an update done after testing with the scar 17.  several companies updated optics after the scar testing , nothing wholesale but improvements for recoil resistance.  eotech went with the transverse mounted battery to improve recoil resistance , it was released as the exps and xps models.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 11:18:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By 1iviper:

i believe the HD is only referenced to the su230-a.  the only differences are a stouter azimuth adjustment bar and red loctite applied to set screws on the azimuth adjustment.

this isn't just a socom model upgrade.   all spectre DR's received this update , even civilian models.

it was an update done after testing with the scar 17.  several companies updated optics after the scar testing , nothing wholesale but improvements for recoil resistance.  eotech went with the transverse mounted battery to improve recoil resistance , it was released as the exps and xps models.
View All Quotes

Do you have pics that illustrate how to differentiate an "HD" SU-230?
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 11:21:41 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

All the ones I've seen are engraved up by the SN as shown

Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 368 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top