Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 254 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 1:25:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By acmcgaha:

Hmmm... Very interesting numbers.  Surprising how close the NT4 and RC are including the mounts.  +1 for NT4...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:
Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:
Anyone know the weight of the SOCOM RC?

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/pwc5UP" target="_blank">https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3928/15437863295_d9fd0e5113_b.jpg</a>

For what it's worth, mine basically with <100 rounds.

Hmmm... Very interesting numbers.  Surprising how close the NT4 and RC are including the mounts.  +1 for NT4...

especially given the fact that most people have more than 3 oz of rail panels, rail ladders and/or grip hanging on their rail. every ounce counts, an extra 3-4 oz hanging off the end of your barrel sure seems like a lot more than it actually is.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 1:26:43 PM EDT
[#2]
For those that have submitted/received a Form 1 via eforms with a Trust, was the status (or lack thereof) accurate?  Not sure if I am more impatient or worried since most everyone is saying 30 days and mine was submitted 2/2.  Has anyone received a stamp but the site still said in process?
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 1:34:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I want an NT4 but I hate to have to do a F3 for one in FDE.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 1:38:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#4]
For those that have submitted/received a Form 1 via eforms with a Trust, was the status (or lack thereof) accurate?  Not sure if I am more impatient or worried since most everyone is saying 30 days and mine was submitted 2/2.  Has anyone received a stamp but the site still said in process?
View Quote

Mine took 41 days, dude. It's 30ish, give or take. It will be moved to a new folder when it is approved, and you may or may not receive an e-mail.

I know the waiting sucks, but it'll happen.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 1:54:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:

Mine took 41 days, dude. It's 30ish, give or take. It will be moved to a new folder when it is approved, and you may or may not receive an e-mail.

View All Quotes

Thanks.  I don't mind the waiting so much, just want to be able to get in the CQBR club with photos...
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 1:56:23 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

Other than the additional wait for the dealer to dealer transfer, is there any other reason everyone hates the F3 so much?
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 2:13:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Other than the additional wait for the dealer to dealer transfer, is there any other reason everyone hates the F3 so much?
View All Quotes

No that's pretty much it. Form 3s seem to be moving slower than normal lately while Form 4s are coming back faster. So it's frustrating.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 2:17:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I just talked to one of my dealer friends about buying myself a coming home present and I can get an RC for $1100 including tax+ stamp. This seems like a solid price, should I fo?
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#9]

I just talked to one of my dealer friends about buying myself a coming home present and I can get an RC for $1100 including tax+ stamp. This seems like a solid price, should I fo?
View Quote

Fo sho!
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 3:02:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alaska511] [#10]

No that's pretty much it. Form 3s seem to be moving slower than normal lately while Form 4s are coming back faster. So it's frustrating.
View All Quotes

What is the current F4 time?  I have one sent on 12/31
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 3:09:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Alaska511:

View All Quotes

4-6 months.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 3:12:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By PFran42:

Fo sho!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PFran42:

Fo sho!

Yeah. $1100 for everything OTD is solid.

And regarding Form 3s, they have for some reason become a fucking nightmare at the ATF.

My last can from Silencer Shop took 6 months to have a Form 3 approved! Silencer Shop had to literally submit three different Form 3s before one got approved. The ATF "lost" the first two. And Form 3s are taking upwards of 2 months now even if they aren't "lost."

Really hoping all goes well with the current Form 3 on my RC.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 3:20:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNW] [#13]
Has anyone heard anything new about 41P? I'm contemplating buying the RC but I'm not sure if I want to do it now or if I will be ok waiting... Any input on that would be greatly appreciated.

Also - I submitted an eform 1 on 1/26 and I'm still waiting... It's my 3rd one. Last one was about 30 days.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 3:27:23 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

You're gonna paint that shit anyways. And after a few thousand rounds it'll be baked on.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 3:30:10 PM EDT
[#15]
41P is a different beast than the recent 855 and other media-hyped panics.
41P will only matter to a very small minority within the hobby and it's my best guess that it would be better to go ahead and plan for the worst.

IF 41P goes through there will be a run on cans. ATF will have to give SOTs a 60 day(guess) window in notifying them of changes.

I dont see much resistance against 41P. Why wouldn't it be passed?

just my $0.02
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 3:32:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By TheGreatDanton:
41P will only matter to a very small minority within the hobby and it's my best guess that it would be better to go ahead and plan for the worst.

IF 41P goes through there will be a run on cans. ATF will have to give SOTs a 60 day(guess) window in notifying them of changes.

just my $0.02
View Quote

Thanks. This has been my thinking as well - was just wondering if anyone had heard anything else. Maybe I'll go ahead and pull the trigger on it this weekend.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 3:35:48 PM EDT
[#17]

4-6 months.
View All Quotes

4-6 months.
Quite a few guys in the December pending thread getting trust/corp form 4s in 80-90 days.

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 3:40:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#18]
Here's a M4A1 URG with 14.5" upper belonging to 20th SFGA.

Long day today, had some USCG on the range with us (they broke couple of extractors that I'll replace) along with some from 1st, 5th and 20th SFGA.  Later fired couple of 84mm Carl Gustav Recoilless Rilfes and 9,000 rds out of the Mk44 Minigun.

CD

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 4:01:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Scored a factory Noveske Block II CQBR on the EE. Glad I found one after I sold my first one.  Hopefully get some pics tomorrow at the range.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 4:01:35 PM EDT
[#20]

just my $0.02
View Quote

While we have pending legislation for "shall sign" here in TX, not every state does. Some of us have trusts for reasons beyond non-signing CLEOs, like storage when we are out of town.

What this means for THIS thread, at least for me, is that I almost certainly will not be able to score an M4A1 marked lower before the supposed change would occur. That means that I would have family, on the trust, who are in a no-sign city, while I'm in a city that signs. Until the current bills actually became law, I might be SOL trying to even get a F1 pushed through. I really want the most correct lower I can get when I convert my non-clone CQBR to get it up to snuff, and I'd still need an NT4 to go with it.

So yeah, 41P is a big deal to a bunch of people that don't have Shall Sign laws. And they're not a "minority" here either. There's also a LOT of resistance to it, with a bunch of folks just WAITING to file suits should it pass unaltered. Princelaw has a bunch of commentary on the issue.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 4:24:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: G_MAN] [#21]
Great deal on a EXPS/G33 in the EE, it's not mine, oh, wait, yes it is

M4A1 marked lower, Comp M2 w/Wilcox mount, Ops Core helmet and PVS14 will be up there shortly as well as a bunch more gear.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_163/1414004_.html&page=1
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 4:33:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: compuvette] [#22]

View All Quotes

I just had four form 4/trust come back in less than 90 days.  ATF is rocking trust form 4's right now.  Form three's however are taking about 45 days.....

ETA- on the whole 41p thing.  I think the minority coment was directed at how small the NFA community is inside the firearms community.  Heck, there's plenty of NFA owners that have not heard about 41p either.  There's no way we could generate the backlash against the ATF that the 855 proposal did.  Just not enough boots on the ground.

The 7n6 ban effected far more people than 41p will and it was barely a ripple.  Yes, some NFA people are pissed and there will be lawsuits, but I'd be shocked if it didn't get enacted.  I've been planning accordingly since last summer.  I have no problems with CLEO sign off, but want some of the other advantages trusts offer.

ETA2 - Torrey from Capitol Armory is pretty sure 41p is going to be delayed again till January of 2016.  Take that for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

While we have pending legislation for "shall sign" here in TX, not every state does. Some of us have trusts for reasons beyond non-signing CLEOs, like storage when we are out of town.

What this means for THIS thread, at least for me, is that I almost certainly will not be able to score an M4A1 marked lower before the supposed change would occur. That means that I would have family, on the trust, who are in a no-sign city, while I'm in a city that signs. Until the current bills actually became law, I might be SOL trying to even get a F1 pushed through. I really want the most correct lower I can get when I convert my non-clone CQBR to get it up to snuff, and I'd still need an NT4 to go with it.

So yeah, 41P is a big deal to a bunch of people that don't have Shall Sign laws. And they're not a "minority" here either. There's also a LOT of resistance to it, with a bunch of folks just WAITING to file suits should it pass unaltered. Princelaw has a bunch of commentary on the issue.
View All Quotes

just my $0.02

Is the NRA or other gun lobbying groups publicly defending against 41P?

I live in Houston (no go CLEO) and recently purchased an mg42. As a result I created a trust.
Most lawyers that run in the same circles as I do downtown lead me to believe that 41P is a serious possibility. With that said I didn't attend Law School and refer to others on these matters. I just went ahead and bought my nt4, aem5 and attempting to locate a mk11 can under $2k.

I'm just a plain old 27 year old buying minerals and production in a deflated market
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 5:25:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By compuvette:

I just had four form 4/trust come back in less than 90 days.  ATF is rocking trust form 4's right now.  Form three's however are taking about 45 days.....

ETA- on the whole 41p thing.  I think the minority coment was directed at how small the NFA community is inside the firearms community.  Heck, there's plenty of NFA owners that have not heard about 41p either.  There's no way we could generate the backlash against the ATF that the 855 proposal did.  Just not enough boots on the ground.

The 7n6 ban effected far more people than 41p will and it was barely a ripple.  Yes, some NFA people are pissed and there will be lawsuits, but I'd be shocked if it didn't get enacted.  I've been planning accordingly since last summer.  I have no problems with CLEO sign off, but want some of the other advantages trusts offer.

ETA2 - Torrey from Capitol Armory is pretty sure 41p is going to be delayed again till January of 2016.  Take that for what it's worth.
View All Quotes

He's got my AEM5, so I hope he's right. I still don't have a .308 can and here I am buying more 5.56 stuff
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 5:28:50 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

That was exactly my point!
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 6:16:05 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

just my $0.02

I was unaware there was pending "shall sign" legislation here, it is about time.

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 7:24:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wildcamaro] [#27]
View Quote

Just got my form 1 approved a week ago and it took 6 weeks, submitted 1/21...approved 3/5

Form 3s suck too I just bought a Specwar 762 on 1/9 and form 3 didn't ship until 2/25...it's the dreaded wait before the wait haha
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 9:46:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Just scored a BNIB FDE MK18 RIS II on another forum for $300.   Now if only both my form 1s will get approved.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 12:42:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Anyone out there clone a MK18 Mod 0 with the GG&G rail and B.E. Meyers flash hider? Any thoughts on that setup from anyone with some experience with that rail? Could be a neat project unless the parts aren't quality/there are inherent problems with the setup.

Pictures would be great if anyone has!

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 1:11:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By methical20:
Anyone out there clone a MK18 Mod 0 with the GG&G rail and B.E. Meyers flash hider? Any thoughts on that setup from anyone with some experience with that rail? Could be a neat project unless the parts aren't quality/there are inherent problems with the setup.

Pictures would be great if anyone has!

Thanks.
View Quote

Does not compute
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 1:17:50 AM EDT
[#31]
After the Mod 0 had come out, but before the HK416 had been adopted by DEVGRU, they were using GG&G rails on their MK18 Mod 0s. They are obviously rare, but I was just curious if anyone had cloned one. There are picture of them floating around in use in Iraq/Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 3:50:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10Point3] [#32]
Example of the GG&G rail..i have a few more pics also..

ETA: more pics

Link Posted: 3/14/2015 11:12:36 AM EDT
[#33]
That first one is airsoft.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 12:32:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Having a little fun on my Saturday. Took the NT4 off my M4A1 and stuck it on my mk18.

Link Posted: 3/14/2015 12:32:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By BOONEA:
View Quote

why do you say that?
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 1:36:14 PM EDT
[#36]
A few final pieces showed up this week.  Pretty close to complete.

VCAS AOR sling

Added HK clips

KAC 300m rear

Insight dual switch

And a bad pic of SF4P

Link Posted: 3/14/2015 1:41:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By TXDirtyMaxDiesel:
Having a little fun on my Saturday. Took the NT4 off my M4A1 and stuck it on my mk18.

<a href="http://s1245.photobucket.com/user/TexasOilOutlaw/media/Mobile%20Uploads/18DF1484-F317-4BB1-AC5E-BC486C9A5DBC.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg581/TexasOilOutlaw/Mobile%20Uploads/18DF1484-F317-4BB1-AC5E-BC486C9A5DBC.jpg</a>
View Quote

FSP Masterrace.

Just need a USGI mag.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 1:49:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By 10Point3:

why do you say that?
View All Quotes

why do you say that?

If he is airsoft he hits leg days pretty hard.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 1:51:50 PM EDT
[#39]
got my UID's.....while not going on a MK18 - they are tits

thanks!!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 5:06:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Got a couple of new parts for clone.
Up next is a TD VFG stubby

Link Posted: 3/14/2015 6:07:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hatexoc] [#41]

FSP Masterrace.

Just need a USGI mag.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TXDirtyMaxDiesel:

<a href="http://s1245.photobucket.com/user/TexasOilOutlaw/media/Mobile%20Uploads/18DF1484-F317-4BB1-AC5E-BC486C9A5DBC.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg581/TexasOilOutlaw/Mobile%20Uploads/18DF1484-F317-4BB1-AC5E-BC486C9A5DBC.jpg</a>

FSP Masterrace.

Just need a USGI mag.

Exactly what I thought when he sent me this pic this morning!
Still an epic clone

Can anyone help me with an insight dual switch?
I'm about to get nods and plan on getting a atpial soon
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 6:53:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Mods remove if not ok.  Decided to do some varmint hunting with the new Block II CQBR upper.  Definitely won't stay set up like this for very long.

Next thing on the list is a set of KAC sights and then either an EoTech or one of the approved laser systems.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 7:43:54 PM EDT
[#43]

Ordered 120rds of mk318 for the little testaroo

should meet up here with ecprevatte here in a month or so.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 7:51:01 PM EDT
[#44]

why do you say that?
View All Quotes

why do you say that?

It was posted to mp.net with a link to this site. The guy is in the front if you scroll down a little. http://jjblog.militaryblog.jp/e371923.html
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 8:12:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Waiting on the dreaded Form 3 for an NT4 in FDE. On the fence about the G33. Just switched out the M3X for the WMX200. NVG high on the wish list followed by an ATPIAL-C.

If anyone is looking for a new and sealed WMX200 in Bronze/FDE hit me up on IM or email. Can hook you up.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 8:13:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ECPrevatte] [#46]
Originally Posted By safetyoff:

VCAS AOR sling
Added HK clips
KAC 300m rear
Insight dual switchAnd a bad pic of SF4P

<a href="http://s105.photobucket.com/user/mngane/media/F341D372-9CB4-43B9-BC3E-33852289D42D_zpswceysxnb.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m240/mngane/F341D372-9CB4-43B9-BC3E-33852289D42D_zpswceysxnb.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s105.photobucket.com/user/mngane/media/901FA163-42F1-4A33-B3C6-4AEFC8AB1696_zpsggmxxsmg.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m240/mngane/901FA163-42F1-4A33-B3C6-4AEFC8AB1696_zpsggmxxsmg.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s105.photobucket.com/user/mngane/media/F9B247A4-CF53-4E10-B00E-3D9A5446F2D8_zpsm5hgyb8t.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m240/mngane/F9B247A4-CF53-4E10-B00E-3D9A5446F2D8_zpsm5hgyb8t.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s105.photobucket.com/user/mngane/media/7A0A93E9-D8D2-4784-A186-A96572F9F0E7_zps0cgbwykd.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m240/mngane/7A0A93E9-D8D2-4784-A186-A96572F9F0E7_zps0cgbwykd.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s105.photobucket.com/user/mngane/media/3961D84C-0AD0-41F8-90A4-CED82FC85DFB_zpsq2vtmae6.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m240/mngane/3961D84C-0AD0-41F8-90A4-CED82FC85DFB_zpsq2vtmae6.jpg</a>

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By safetyoff:

VCAS AOR sling
Added HK clips
KAC 300m rear
Insight dual switchAnd a bad pic of SF4P

<a href="http://s105.photobucket.com/user/mngane/media/F341D372-9CB4-43B9-BC3E-33852289D42D_zpswceysxnb.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m240/mngane/F341D372-9CB4-43B9-BC3E-33852289D42D_zpswceysxnb.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s105.photobucket.com/user/mngane/media/901FA163-42F1-4A33-B3C6-4AEFC8AB1696_zpsggmxxsmg.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m240/mngane/901FA163-42F1-4A33-B3C6-4AEFC8AB1696_zpsggmxxsmg.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s105.photobucket.com/user/mngane/media/F9B247A4-CF53-4E10-B00E-3D9A5446F2D8_zpsm5hgyb8t.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m240/mngane/F9B247A4-CF53-4E10-B00E-3D9A5446F2D8_zpsm5hgyb8t.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s105.photobucket.com/user/mngane/media/7A0A93E9-D8D2-4784-A186-A96572F9F0E7_zps0cgbwykd.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m240/mngane/7A0A93E9-D8D2-4784-A186-A96572F9F0E7_zps0cgbwykd.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s105.photobucket.com/user/mngane/media/3961D84C-0AD0-41F8-90A4-CED82FC85DFB_zpsq2vtmae6.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m240/mngane/3961D84C-0AD0-41F8-90A4-CED82FC85DFB_zpsq2vtmae6.jpg</a>

Solid!

Originally Posted By pbjunkiee:

Ordered 120rds of mk318 for the little testaroo

should meet up here with ecprevatte here in a month or so.

Hopefully we get it to work. We need to find a range in Orlando.

I'm stripping some paint from the M16 because it's really dark and I want to lighten it up. It looked cool partly stripped though. Also, obligiatory UID stickers - thanks ASMIG. My dealer is looking for an FDE NT4 for me right now.

SF4p (7) by P-Vot, on Flickr
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 8:29:23 PM EDT
[#47]
^How are you stripping it EC?
Im probably going to be stripping mine in the next few weeks.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 8:31:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: carmodyh] [#48]
Just submitted my form 4 for a Surefire SOCOM 556 SB... No RCs in stock and you guys have me spooked about 41p.... Spending spree might also but the benelli M4 entry in my possession too... I hate yall...
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 8:32:36 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

why do you say that?

Ha!  
These guys even gain weight and grow beards to look the part.

apparently he's a Japanese airsofter.

google images is a good way to weed out the airsoft pics
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 9:44:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freedom556] [#50]
Got bored. Potato pics.

Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 254 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top