Link Posted: 3/12/2015 12:52:39 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 12:53:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 12:55:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
You get a new upper Pat? I thought your upper and lower had the same awesome ass paint
View Quote

Naw. It's the same cut LMT. Got board last night and busted out the stripper. There wasn't even any beer involved
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 12:58:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AstraPat:

Naw. It's the same cut LMT. Got board last night and busted out the stripper. There wasn't even any beer involved
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AstraPat:
You get a new upper Pat? I thought your upper and lower had the same awesome ass paint

Awwwww man. Everybody is getting rid of my favorite paint jobs
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 1:00:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Tactical label tactically attached.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 1:43:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Freedom556:
Tactical label tactically attached.
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/morningstar333/media/20150311_212247.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/morningstar333/20150311_212247.jpg</a>
View Quote

Dam it, I need a sticker...!
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 1:55:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 2:15:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By acmcgaha:

Split the wires and run the one to the M3X under the front part of the PEQ.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sully3acr:
Also, how do you guys mount your peq? I found that the only way to fit it on the rail was to flip the front sight around, which I'd rather not do. The cords don't reach the m3x with out doing it. Unless I move the light and pressure pad further back which I also don't want to do.

Thats what I do, I'll have some new pic's tomorrow........Sully

Just moved stuff around and tried out what you suggested. It works well, but now it looks weird, and the sight is a lot harder to flip up. Lol. Maybe I'll just leave the front sight flipped "backwards" because it seems to work well that way. at first I thought the guys doing the clones did it to look cool (or not) but now I see the real reason why.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 2:25:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Just moved stuff around and tried out what you suggested. It works well, but now it looks weird, and the sight is a lot harder to flip up. Lol. Maybe I'll just leave the front sight flipped "backwards" because it seems to work well that way. at first I thought the guys doing the clones did it to look cool (or not) but now I see the real reason why.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sully3acr:
Also, how do you guys mount your peq? I found that the only way to fit it on the rail was to flip the front sight around, which I'd rather not do. The cords don't reach the m3x with out doing it. Unless I move the light and pressure pad further back which I also don't want to do.

Thats what I do, I'll have some new pic's tomorrow........Sully

I will post some pic's in a bit with mine set up like that..........
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 2:46:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By PFran42:

Yeah,  it kind of falls into the "as issued"  category now.

There has been some really good information hitting this thread in the past few weeks. I've been updating my spreadsheet like a mad man. Btw,  if anyone sees and discrepancies with it, please let me know.  I'd like to make it as accurate as possible.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:
I don't feel as bad having the 3 prong now.

There has been some really good information hitting this thread in the past few weeks. I've been updating my spreadsheet like a mad man. Btw,  if anyone sees and discrepancies with it, please let me know.  I'd like to make it as accurate as possible.

This is great news. No need for me to spend the crazy cash and effort to track down a 4P any longer. The 3P is a better flash hider, and isn't it also supposed to be more structurally sound/stronger than the 4P as well? I recall reading something along those lines, but it's very hazy in my memory. Do know it's a better "flash hider."

The M4A1 Block II will be getting a 3P and a VCOG for the RECCE treatment very soon.

Still planning on going with the SOCOM brake for my painted CQBR once my RC clears, of course.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 2:54:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StevieJ309] [#11]
Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:

This is great news. No need for me to spend the crazy cash and effort to track down a 4P any longer. The 3P is a better flash hider, and isn't it also supposed to be more structurally sound/stronger than the 4P as well? I recall reading something along those lines, but it's very hazy in my memory. Do know it's a better "flash hider."

The M4A1 Block II will be getting a 3P and a VCOG for the RECCE treatment very soon.

Still planning on going with the SOCOM brake for my painted CQBR once my RC clears, of course.
View All Quotes

Surefire did say the 3P is stronger and that's supposed to be the reason (at least one reason) why we get it instead of the 4P. Not sure how much stock I put in that, but it is what it is I guess.

Can't wait to see the VCOG'd Block II.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 2:55:02 AM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

The structurally sound/stronger part would make perfect sense to me. The prongs have more meat or "thickness" to them for the lack of a better term.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 3:04:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah. It does make sense from an engineering/structural standpoint. That's what I thought.

I'll get pics up of the VCOG'd Block II this weekend. The 3P won't be installed yet though, as my RC hasn't even had the Form 3 approved yet to even make its way to my dealer and start the real waiting process.

Interested to try the new FDE cerakoted PRI with my current M4-2000 though.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 3:22:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Yeah. It does make sense from an engineering/structural standpoint. That's what I thought.

I'll get pics up of the VCOG'd Block II this weekend. The 3P won't be installed yet though, as my RC hasn't even had the Form 3 approved yet to even make its way to my dealer and start the real waiting process.

Interested to try the new FDE cerakoted PRI with my current M4-2000 though.
View Quote

My RC is still awaiting form 3 approval as well. The only other can I have is a YHM titanium 5.56 which for some reason people call it a low end can. I find it extremely light and durable for what it Is. It sounds decent also.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 5:55:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sully3acr] [#15]
And for Post 1200........

I know I need a camra, and some more paint!........Sully
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 6:27:00 AM EDT
[#16]

Quite an assortment of old and new. Nice rig.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 8:49:45 AM EDT
[#17]
I think I know the answer but wanted to check: any other cans used on Mk 18 (mod 0) than NT4?

I want to get an NT4 but kind of worried they'll stop making them by the time I have the funds.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 8:51:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Outrider] [#18]

Originally Posted By BurtSaun1049:

I think I know the answer but wanted to check: any other cans used on Mk 18 (mod 0) than NT4?
I want to get an NT4 but kind of worried they'll stop making them by the time I have the funds.
View Quote

SF SOCOM RC.

ETA: I see you said MK 18. None other to my knowledge. I think a SOCOM would be sweet on a MK18 as a "PR" type build though.

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:01:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By RussellAthletic:

SF SOCOM RC.

ETA: I see you said MK 18. None other to my knowledge. I think a SOCOM would be sweet on a MK18 as a "PR" type build though.

View All Quotes

SF SOCOM RC.

This is what I'm thinking.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:58:15 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

There are pics of Block Is in this thread with OPS suppressors. It looked like a PR or marketing photo shoot. I think another post showed how one of the original pics was used for a video game cover.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 10:05:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:
http://d.pr/i/gRMT+
View Quote

How do you like that grip? I've been thinking about getting one.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 10:06:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#22]

There are pics of Block Is in this thread with OPS suppressors. It looked like a PR or marketing photo shoot. I think another post showed how one of the original pics was used for a video game cover.
View All Quotes

Wouldn't those have been 11.5" barreled uppers though? Being that the OPS models are reflex and require at least an 11.5" barrel to attach.

Edited for clarity.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 10:10:50 AM EDT
[#23]

Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:
Wouldn't those have been 11.5" barreled uppers though? Being that the OPS models are reflex and require at least an 11.5" barrel to attach.

Edited for clarity.
View All Quotes

Edited for clarity.

Good point.  So now we can start cloning 11.5" CQBRs? I bet BCM would be ecstatic about that!
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#24]

Good point.  So now we can start cloning 11.5" CQBRs? I bet BCM would be ecstatic about that!
View All Quotes

Edited for clarity.

Excellent...I alredy have an 11.5 FSP with an OPS suppressor
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 12:14:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Some MSOB Mk18's.

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 2:15:07 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

SF SOCOM RC.

Thanks for the responses (and PFran42 too).
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 2:24:19 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

SF SOCOM RC.

this is warpigs i think

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 2:55:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Have AAC hiders and suppresors ever been used in the SOF community?  I know they aren't sopmod official but I believe they have NSNs.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 2:57:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By wombato:
Have AAC hiders and suppresors ever been used in the SOF community?  I know they aren't sopmod official but I believe they have NSNs.
View Quote

DEVGRU uses them on their 416s...
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 3:02:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By 10Point3:

View All Quotes

MK17, MK16, XM2010, HK45C

Maybe MP7. Not sure.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 3:06:09 PM EDT
[#31]

Maybe MP7. Not sure.
View All Quotes

Maybe MP7. Not sure.

lol those too. i figured he was asking about on M16 pattern rifles
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 3:53:02 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

Maybe MP7. Not sure.

Ding ding ding.  Thanks!  
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 5:55:40 PM EDT
[#33]

this is warpigs i think

http://oi60.tinypic.com/vq1k78.jpg
View All Quotes

SF SOCOM RC.

this is warpigs i think

http://oi60.tinypic.com/vq1k78.jpg

Affirm, it's mine.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 7:11:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stoner25mkiv] [#34]
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 7:46:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Put the UID label on (thanks asmig) and switched to a factory FDE cerakoted PRI charging handle:

Think this particular CQBR is about finished (until my FDE SOCOM RC clears at least).

Contemplating a couple little changes though. Right now, I kinda like how the black 99051 front sight looks against the tan/brown, but I'm kinda thinking about swapping it out for a taupe 99051.

Kinda depends on what direction I go with optics. While the current T1 is "clone kosher," I'm really debating tossing a T2 on there. I actually have two brand new T2s just laying around right now. If I go the T2 route, and don't paint it, and keep the T2 factory black - I'll definitely stick with the black 99051 front sight. If I suck it up, and rattle can a T2 to match the current paint scheme, I may end up going with a taupe 99051. Heck, I still don't know...the black front sight does kinda look cool with the subtle black color variation it adds.

Then again, the T2 isn't really a kosher optic, so I may not go that route over the current T1 anyway.

Decisions decisions.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 7:53:32 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:
http://d.pr/i/gRMT+

I can't say for sure yet as I don't have enough rounds down range with it, but so far it seems pretty great. I was using vertical grips before, but I never really gripped around them, I more or less used them as a hand stop and grip around the rail. I tried the AFG for awhile but it's a pretty meaty add on. The grip stop seemed to be a nice low-profile solution that still gives me something to grab on to but doesn't take up a ton of real estate or stick out super far.

That said, you're basically just grabbing around the rail (in my case grabbing around the rail + PEQ), so if you hold the gun like I do (stock in chest, fully compressed) your wrist is at a super harsh angle. I'm 6'5" so I can't do that weird Chris Costa grip thing, especially with an SBR. I've noticed already that my wrist can start hurting after awhile from being bent so far. But I'll keep it on for awhile and see if things improve.

It's machined really nicely and it's high quality. I especially like the little ridges it has which they market as being good for pushing in to barriers. I haven't had to do this yet but I can totally see that it would work really well and totally would "bite" into most barriers vs something like an AFG which would just be resting on it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Little late to the party but just wanted to say thank you to asmig for doing the stickers, I think they turned out awesome.

Also listed some CQD rear sling mounts in the EE if anyone is looking for one.

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 8:56:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Hit the range today for the first time after having the Govnah Installed.

My port size for the Suppressed setting was .043 and it ran great! Don't need to talk more about this here, I have details about my specs and results in the Govnah/mk18 thread, link below.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_543/258195_.html&page=1&anc=2602221#i2602221

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 8:59:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Got mine today as well, thanks Asmig!  They look great.
Pics tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:22:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By brodband8:

I'm looking for a KAC ambi scalloped if y'all have one.  Full auto or semi, I don't care.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brodband8:
Anybody have a kosher ambi selector (Colt or KAC) they want to get rid of?

I think I have a colt one laying around off of a 6920 socom.

I'm looking for a KAC ambi scalloped if y'all have one.  Full auto or semi, I don't care.

http://www.weaponoutfitters.com/kac-ambidextrous-safety-selector-ar15-m4-m16-standard-kit.html
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 10:40:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#41]
place holder

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 12:10:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 5:07:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Anyone know the weight of the SOCOM RC?
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 7:41:29 AM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Yaesh.

http://www.surefire.com/socom556-rc.html

17.0 Ounces
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 7:51:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Thanks asmig!!

This may not be an appropriate Mk 18 but....

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 8:39:18 AM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Here you go...so you can make an informed decision ;)

NT4

556 RC

556 Mini

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 8:50:25 AM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

For what it's worth, mine basically with <100 rounds.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 12:00:33 PM EDT
[#48]
I need to start saving up for one of those NT4's... This thread might kill me
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 1:08:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Kind of curious that people subjectively review the NT4 + FH as a hog when the difference between it and the RC + FH appears to be 3oz and change.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 1:10:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/pwc5UP" target="_blank">https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3928/15437863295_d9fd0e5113_b.jpg</a>

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/pwc5UP" target="_blank">https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3928/15437863295_d9fd0e5113_b.jpg</a>

Hmmm... Very interesting numbers.  Surprising how close the NT4 and RC are including the mounts.  +1 for NT4...
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 253 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top