AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 233 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:37:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gaston4] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

FWIW that's the wrong selector. I think we've talked about this before in the thread but I'm not sure we've found an ambi selector yet that's clone correct.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PFran42:
Colt ambi selector on EE right now.

I know someone was looking for this.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_119/1408684_Ambi_safety_selector_from_Colt_SOCOM_M4A1___35_shipped_CONUS_.html

FWIW that's the wrong selector. I think we've talked about this before in the thread but I'm not sure we've found an ambi selector yet that's clone correct.

Isnt this a KAC ambi selector?

ETA Pic Thread Page Ownage

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:16:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: asmig] [#2]
Originally Posted By gaston4:

View Quote

Yes it is a KAC, as are most that I have seen

That said the Colt design is now part of the TDP for the M4A1 program and I think we will be seeing more of them in the future

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:29:37 AM EDT
[#3]

View All Quotes

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_119/1408684_Ambi_safety_selector_from_Colt_SOCOM_M4A1___35_shipped_CONUS_.html

Not according to Google.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 8:45:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stoner25mkiv] [#4]

View Quote

Bummer............I've been too busy at work to frequent the thread as much as I usually do, and missed out.
Edit: might be one of those parts I'll try machining myself.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:14:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#5]
Originally Posted By CYoung73:

Thanks for that link...I haven't even shot my CQBR suppressed yet, just my 9" AAC with SDN-6(which obviously doesn't have substantial blowback).

I've often wondered how feasible it would be to design a charging handle almost exactly like the PRI except have a hinged "swing-gate" on the bottom with a Y shaped channel and you could swing the "gate" to direct the gas to either side of the handle.  Maybe I should have kept this idea to myself and filed a patent?  Or am I an idiot?

Sorry for the derail
View All Quotes
You guys that have shot with a gas buster, where does it push the gas to?  I shoot lefty and I've always understood it to force the gas out of the right side of the handle(and right into my face)

It shoots the gas out to the right and makes your right eyelid look like a puffer fish. Wearing eye pro with more wrap-around protection should mitigate the issue. Bear in mind, I am describing the Gas Buster as shot suppressed. The can changes everything (meaning WAY more gas pressure) on the CQBR and I don't think Crane would have bothered with a gas redirecting charging handle if they didn't see it as a substantial issue. I had to go to an Ophthalmologist and have four clogged eyelid duct pores lanced. This was caused by shooting my CQBR suppressed NTCH with non-wrap-a-round eyepro. If I had to guess, I'd say I shot 300-350 rounds that day.

I think us lefties should get a pass on this.

Thanks for that link...I haven't even shot my CQBR suppressed yet, just my 9" AAC with SDN-6(which obviously doesn't have substantial blowback).

I've often wondered how feasible it would be to design a charging handle almost exactly like the PRI except have a hinged "swing-gate" on the bottom with a Y shaped channel and you could swing the "gate" to direct the gas to either side of the handle.  Maybe I should have kept this idea to myself and filed a patent?  Or am I an idiot?

Sorry for the derail

Ok, so I had a Syrac adjusted to the point it would not cycle unsuppressed and a gas buster. I shoot NTCH and I am right handed. I have to use good eye pro or I get puffy eye, I usually leave the range with a headache from the gas. Now this is only when we are running stages or drills where I am shooting a lot of ammo very fast. I did the RTV trick and it cut down on a lot of the gas. I now load with a fast burning powder and that helped a ton as well.

The only option is to not shoot NTCH. My brother in law as a DD 10.3 barrel w/ a normal charging handle and a normal gas block with same suppressor and he get no gas to face. Its a super gassy gun but when he is shooting 3-4 clicks out on the stock he gets none.

Only true fix to eliminate the gas to face would be run a SCAR!

I had an H3 when running the Syrac. I am ordering a Govnah and going to put an H buffer or even a C in to see if that tames the gas a little better.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:24:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Not exactly clone related, but since there's the gas discussion gong on.  Here's an adj. gas block I'm machining on...

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:30:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Stoner25mkiv:
Not exactly clone related, but since there's the gas discussion gong on.  Here's an adj. gas block I'm machining on...
http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz327/T00lmanii/P2260121_zps2ocxsucp.jpg
http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz327/T00lmanii/P2270125_zpsq9blk4ce.jpg
View Quote

That sure looks a lot like a Govnah...
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:48:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By acmcgaha:

View All Quotes

very similer. The detent and spring setup isn't as slick as what the GovNah uses. A couple guys that I used to shoot NRA Long Range competition with machined them. One of those shooters is a fella that works at Crane NSW here in Indiana. We were all using SR25's and wanted a way to shut off the gas completely for 1000 yd when using the 155 gr Palma bullet. It never occurred to us to have multiple port sizes in the plate. They were either full size port or "no port".    This one is for the 300 blk  "CQBR" upper I'm putting together using all the incorrect parts I've accumulated building the 5.56 CQBR.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:12:23 AM EDT
[#9]
[b]Originally Posted By PFran42:[b]
That said, I still had to have a doctor stick needles in my eye in order to address the gas-to-the-face issue.  
View Quote

Forgive my ignorance, could you elaborate... Is this a saying? or did you actually have to have a Dr. stick needles in your eye due to shooting suppressed
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:29:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm not in a place to add pics right now but y'all are focused on the wrong side of the selector. It's the left side that's the issue and makes the Colt incorrect.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:34:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Would someone be so gracious as to help me out with this (I emailed accounts and received a link to web site help forums).  I have searched and found that I believe both questions are answered with a Yes for paid membership.  My question is:  are these options available on all paid memberships, or only certain levels (subscription notification and user name search)?

"Is it possible to be notified when you receive a new IM or email without opening the site and checking messages? I know the icon shows when you have a new message, but you don’t find out right away if you are not on the site.  Also, is it possible to view a history of posts from another user (i.e. if you find another user who always posts useful and relevant info, can you review their past posts for anything you may have missed)?

I haven’t been able to find these options under free membership, are they included in any of the paid membership levels?"

Sorry, it's off topic, but read in help to ask the SME's in threads...
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:44:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Would someone be so gracious as to help me out with this (I emailed accounts and received a link to web site help forums).  I have searched and found that I believe both questions are answered with a Yes for paid membership.  My question is:  are these options available on all paid memberships, or only certain levels (subscription notification and user name search)?

"Is it possible to be notified when you receive a new IM or email without opening the site and checking messages? I know the icon shows when you have a new message, but you don’t find out right away if you are not on the site.  Also, is it possible to view a history of posts from another user (i.e. if you find another user who always posts useful and relevant info, can you review their past posts for anything you may have missed)?

I haven’t been able to find these options under free membership, are they included in any of the paid membership levels?"

Sorry, it's off topic, but read in help to ask the SME's in threads...
View Quote

IM sent to you.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:58:42 AM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By ShiftSix:
Forgive my ignorance, could you elaborate... Is this a saying? or did you actually have to have a Dr. stick needles in your eye due to shooting suppressed

View All Quotes

That said, I still had to have a doctor stick needles in my eye in order to address the gas-to-the-face issue.  

The gas being blasted in my right eye (I am a lefty) while shooting suppressed, NTCH and using a Gas Buster charging handle caused four pores on my right eye lid to clog. This led to a slight infection and the pores had to be lanced by an eye doctor. I wasn't running full wrap-around eyepro so some of this was brought about by my choice of gear but the PRI M84 is still purposely routing gas exactly to a location that is more harmful to a left handed shooter.

Although the PRI Gas Buster probably works very well for a typical right handed user, it is in my opinion, one of the worst things a left handed,  NTCH shooter can add to his suppressed CQBR. I'm going to try an Armaggeddon CH as it "cups" over the entire upper portion or the rear of the upper receiver (thus directing all gasses forward).

Its not clone correct,  but if it works,  I have no problem running it and I'd be willing to bet that a good number of lefties who operate on two-way ranges would use them too... (Provided their units allowed for individual COTS modifications).

If all else fails,  I'll go back to a standard mil-spec CH and run a bead of RTV along the face that interfaces with the upper receiver as that would serve me better than the M84.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:08:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: acmcgaha] [#14]

The gas being blasted in my right eye (I am a lefty) while shooting suppressed, NTCH and using a Gas Buster charging handle caused four pores on my right eye lid to clog. This led to a slight infection and the pores had to be lanced by an eye doctor. I wasn't running full wrap-around eyepro so some of this was brought about by my choice of gear but the PRI M84 is still purposely routing gas exactly to a location that is more harmful to a left handed shooter.

Although the PRI Gas Buster probably works very well for a typical right handed user, it is in my opinion, one of the worst things a left handed,  NTCH shooter can add to his suppressed CQBR. I'm going to try an Armaggeddon CH as it "cups" over the entire upper portion or the rear of the upper receiver (thus directing all gasses forward).

Its not clone correct,  but if it works,  I have no problem running it and I'd be willing to bet that a good number of lefties who operate on two-way ranges would use them too... (Provided their units allowed for individual COTS modifications).

If all else fails,  I'll go back to a standard mil-spec CH and run a bead of RTV along the face that interfaces with the upper receiver as that would serve me better than the M84.
View All Quotes

Doesn't the ridge/shelf on BCM GF vent gas straight up? Don't you (lefties) also get a lot of gas from the ejection port as well?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:18:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Doesn't the ridge/shelf on BCM GF vent gas straight up? Don't you (lefties) also get a lot of gas from the ejection port as well?
View Quote

I've never had issued with gas coming out of the ejection port from issued or personally owned rifles. Only issue I've had is gas over the top of the charging handle which was solved by RTV. Then fixed with proper weighted buffer.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:40:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: amphibian] [#16]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:07:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Maddy345] [#17]
Originally Posted By Brianvr6:

Nice photo. Am I the only one thinking multicam is a strange choice for the Coast Guard or do watercraft have more vegetation these days?
View All Quotes

Nice photo. Am I the only one thinking multicam is a strange choice for the Coast Guard or do watercraft have more vegetation these days?

The USCG has quite a few missions that are shore based. After 9/11 I was deputized as a Special Deputy US Marshal and operated almost exclusively on shore. The deputation extended our arrest authority onto land.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:26:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By amphibian:
Yes, looks like ours....I hope you don't plan on trying to sell them as you would be violating our patent.  Of course copying for personal use is OK.

Can you contact me offline?  I've been talking to a guy that was on the MK18 project at Crane but is no longer there.
Thanks!

Below is a pic of one of our original prototypes which used a compression spring but we never released it as it didn't hold up to heavy full auto fire.  Used a rounded plate like your using.
http://cdn3.bigcommerce.com/s-j1m3pz/product_images/uploaded_images/govnah1.jpg?t=1421707627

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By amphibian:
Yes, looks like ours....I hope you don't plan on trying to sell them as you would be violating our patent.  Of course copying for personal use is OK.

Can you contact me offline?  I've been talking to a guy that was on the MK18 project at Crane but is no longer there.
Thanks!

Below is a pic of one of our original prototypes which used a compression spring but we never released it as it didn't hold up to heavy full auto fire.  Used a rounded plate like your using.
http://cdn3.bigcommerce.com/s-j1m3pz/product_images/uploaded_images/govnah1.jpg?t=1421707627

Robert......no sir on the selling of them.    Even if it were not infringement, I don't see how you guys offer the great product that you do for the price point you are at. I have an idea of shop rates are for time on the Wire, etc.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:53:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tweeter] [#19]
View All Quotes

http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws.com/image/jpg/cd616e6e9b27007c3f2b7901285e7acc28726ff8_r.jpg

ETA Pic Thread Page Ownage

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7346/16413273002_22d22d407e_h.jpg

It could also be an LMT.  

They're basically the same.

Of the most popular parts manufacturers, the Colt safety is the one with the biggest difference, and you'd only really know from the left side of the gun as it points left.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:38:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freedom556] [#20]
Anyone have used CQD sling attachments they're willing to sell?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:18:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Freedom556:
Anyone have used CQD sling attachments they're willing to sell?
View Quote

Those bastards were as Unicorn as taupe sights, not long ago.  I think you should hoard a few!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:29:42 PM EDT
[#22]
hmmm.. I guess I'll just buy a set of new ones lol.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Switching up some accessories on the Mod 0. Just bought a 553 and am about to buy an X300.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:52:58 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm not in a place to add pics right now but y'all are focused on the wrong side of the selector. It's the left side that's the issue and makes the Colt incorrect.
View Quote

Correct, took a little research, but you're right, the left side's lever isn't as long? as the commercially available semi safety.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#25]
So this would then be correct?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:53:23 PM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By TacticalR:

So this would then be correct?
View Quote

I don't know clone legitimacy but I'll tell you the scalloped KAC selector is my favorite...  
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 8:02:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Colt M4 lower on EE.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 8:55:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Maddy345:

The USCG has quite a few missions that are shore based. After 9/11 I was deputized as a Special Deputy US Marshal and operated almost exclusively on shore. The deputation extended our arrest authority onto land.

<a href="http://s214.photobucket.com/user/Krankypants/media/BTOC_11_09_zpsgscply18.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc286/Krankypants/BTOC_11_09_zpsgscply18.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s214.photobucket.com/user/Krankypants/media/Basic-Tactical-Operations-Course1_zpsu8wfb2gt.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc286/Krankypants/Basic-Tactical-Operations-Course1_zpsu8wfb2gt.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Maddy345:

<a href="http://s214.photobucket.com/user/Krankypants/media/BTOC_11_09_zpsgscply18.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc286/Krankypants/BTOC_11_09_zpsgscply18.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s214.photobucket.com/user/Krankypants/media/Basic-Tactical-Operations-Course1_zpsu8wfb2gt.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc286/Krankypants/Basic-Tactical-Operations-Course1_zpsu8wfb2gt.jpg</a>

Arms rear sight?
Also is that an EoTech 512?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:16:29 PM EDT
[#29]
So I'm building a M4A1 upper to compliment my CQBR. I've already ordered the upper and barrel assembly but I have a question for those who are using the RAS; Does any one have the UK SAS lower panel and is it worth it?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:26:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#30]

Originally Posted By StealthGuy:

So I'm building a M4A1 upper to compliment my CQBR. I've already ordered the upper and barrel assembly but I have a question for those who are using the RAS; Does any one have the UK SAS lower panel and is it worth it?
View Quote

I think it is worth it. The lower rail of the standard RAS I had could easily be rotated using the KAC VFG and the whole thing felt cheap. With the SAS lower rail, everything locks up tight.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:45:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: red6actual] [#31]
Originally Posted By asmig:

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8600/16284019109_8ac588e354_o.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8642/16040783513_d152f4b9a0_o.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8600/16038391054_b854232a76_b.jpg

That said the Colt design is now part of the TDP for the M4A1 program and I think we will be seeing more of them in the future

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8588/16634759046_2a1c96f728_o.jpg
View All Quotes

Easy enough to get the Colt version and modify to legal semi specs...
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:55:13 AM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

You don't need a doctor, you can gently squeeze the obstruction out, like a pimple. Sounds gross, but I've done it. Make sure your hands are sterile, and rinse with a mild astringent (careful not to get that IN the eye, it will sting!).

Have you tried one of those forward assist buttons that direct the gas? You might benefit from some goggle style eye pro too, that way you can keep your eyes healthy, and your rifle clone correct!

Mine's not that correct, as I have no FA, a lighter profile  tapered barrel, and some other inconsistencies I'm sure:

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:12:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By RMiller:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RMiller:

Huh?? I have no idea how you'd do that.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:16:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Seeing XM193 rise in prices now sucks too.

Pretty much done on rifles for now and just stock ammo.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:28:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: the-answer-is-42] [#35]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:

View Quote

Hows that NFA lower now, big guy?

PS- go knights
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:26:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Mattyvac:

PS- go knights
View All Quotes

PS- go knights

regardless of where ammo prices go, his NFA Lower will still continue to climb and climb and climb and climb, in value.  I'd gladly trade him the 8500+/- rd of xm193 and m855 for his lower.  ALL. DAY. LONG.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:49:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By TXDirtyMaxDiesel:

regardless of where ammo prices go, his NFA Lower will still continue to climb and climb and climb and climb, in value.  I'd gladly trade him the 8500+/- rd of xm193 and m855 for his lower.  ALL. DAY. LONG.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TXDirtyMaxDiesel:

PS- go knights

I think his lower is the 15k range right now.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:24:40 AM EDT
[#38]

Yeah.  I know that.  I was just pointing out that no matter what ammo prices do, transferable will consistently increase in value.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:18:44 AM EDT
[#39]
ATPIAL-C on EE.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:56:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_SBR] [#40]
" />
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:28:48 AM EDT
[#41]
ATPIAL-C on EE.
View Quote

That didn't last long.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:33:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AR15USA] [#42]

If I remember correctly, I should have 17 more those cases in the storage.  

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:40:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Funny I got some cases in the mail yesterday
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:20:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Question for those of you with the CQD endplate... is it worth buying just to be clone correct? I much prefer my QD endplate from the looks of it. It looks like the CQD Would just snag on shit and get in way.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:26:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ViktorVaughn] [#45]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

Do you think it's even worth shooting suppressed as a lefty? These sound like issues I'd really not want to deal with.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tbturner47:
I know its not clone correct but for the lefty's you guys should think about picking up a govnah gas block. I have one on mine and shooting it supressed on the .049 setting is really incredible. It cuts the gas blowback down A LOT.
I have an adjustable Syrac in mine. It cuts down the gas as much as scientifically possible. That said, I still had to have a doctor stick needles in my eye in order to address the gas-to-the-face issue.  

Do you think it's even worth shooting suppressed as a lefty? These sound like issues I'd really not want to deal with.

I'm left handed and back in 2010 when I bought my first can I also picked up a pair of Wiley X shooting goggles. Never ended up needing them because the gas doesn't sting my eyes, just tastes and smells like hell. That said I bring them to the range with me in case and they look really cool .

In my experience with 5 sbrs and 6 cans, all of the gas comes from the ejection port. Keeping the bolt locked as long as possible (using a heavier buffer, stronger spring and/or adj gas block) minimizes the amount of gas and using cartridges with faster burning powder minimizes the stingy bits from hitting my face (really only an issue with some of my 300blk loads).

I would hate to see a fellow lefty forgo the benefits and awesomeness of silencers because of this issue which isn't that bad to begin with and can be mitigated cheaply and easily. I was in the same boat not long ago and now I never shoot with out a can.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:41:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Has anyone use their MK18 for 3 gun regularly? Compare to the 18" competition AR, is it really slow?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:48:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By AR15USA:
Has anyone use their MK18 for 3 gun regularly? Compare to the 18" competition AR, is it really slow?
View Quote

It gets the job done.  I can't make crazy splits at 50 yards but it still works well.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:58:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_SBR] [#48]
Originally Posted By Freedom556:
Question for those of you with the CQD endplate... is it worth buying just to be clone correct? I much prefer my QD endplate from the looks of it. It looks like the CQD Would just snag on shit and get in way.
View Quote

I have it and I don't think it's particularly great. IMO the loops on it flare out and just make it a bit awkward to get your hand in there when you go to grip the gun. It easily bangs your hand if you're in a hurry. Gloves would probably help, but I don't like wearing them. And then there's the ITW LATCH hooks...meh... Let me put it this way: I've intentionally not yet staked the endplate because I'm still on the fence about whether I want to keep it or not. The conundrum with a few of these authentic parts is: do I keep them because they're "clone correct" and look awesome or swap them out for something else because in reality, they're not that great. My KAC BUIS come to mind...
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:13:31 PM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By ViktorVaughn:
I'm left handed and back in 2010 when I bought my first can I also picked up a pair of Wiley X shooting goggles. Never ended up needing them because the gas doesn't sting my eyes, just tastes and smells like hell. That said I bring them to the range with me in case and they look really cool .

In my experience with 5 sbrs and 6 cans, all of the gas comes from the ejection port. Keeping the bolt locked as long as possible (using a heavier buffer, stronger spring and/or adj gas block) minimizes the amount of gas and using cartridges with faster burning powder minimizes the stingy bits from hitting my face (really only an issue with some of my 300blk loads).

I would hate to see a fellow lefty forgo the benefits and awesomeness of silencers because of this issue which isn't that bad to begin with and can be mitigated cheaply and easily. I was in the same boat not long ago and now I never shoot with out a can.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ViktorVaughn:

Originally Posted By tbturner47:

I know its not clone correct but for the lefty's you guys should think about picking up a govnah gas block. I have one on mine and shooting it supressed on the .049 setting is really incredible. It cuts the gas blowback down A LOT.
I have an adjustable Syrac in mine. It cuts down the gas as much as scientifically possible. That said, I still had to have a doctor stick needles in my eye in order to address the gas-to-the-face issue.  

I have 5 cans,  a bunch of SBRs,  and adjustable gas blocks on most of them. The CQBR is the only gun that gives gas issues. It's the Gas Buster charging handle. Think about it,  it's the only gun that purposely directs gas straight into my right eye.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:14:36 PM EDT
[#50]
ATPIAL-C on EE.
View Quote

Thanks for the heads-up.
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 233 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top