AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 232 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:26:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:

Two 4 prongs? I hate you.

I'm going to be starting a FSP 14.5 upper on Friday. Need to find a rail.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/rn5W8g" target="_blank">https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8641/16647528141_3a66222ff6_b.jpg</a>

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/rne3Fp" target="_blank">https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8627/16649111085_3d3c3010c1_b.jpg</a>

Party Kit:
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/r3EoEt" target="_blank">https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8673/16439042687_5ea5445db3_b.jpg</a>

We need a night Block II shoot.

hatexoc - Maybe my post will help push you closer to your choice.

I've got two, that's how my CQBR came to be.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:41:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Tmender03:

<a href="http://s284.photobucket.com/user/joshauclarkson/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-10/IMG_20141019_171149_zpsus2ygy6n.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/joshauclarkson/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-10/IMG_20141019_171149_zpsus2ygy6n.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tmender03:
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/rn5W8g" target="_blank">https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8641/16647528141_3a66222ff6_b.jpg</a>

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/rne3Fp" target="_blank">https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8627/16649111085_3d3c3010c1_b.jpg</a>

Party Kit:
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/r3EoEt" target="_blank">https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8673/16439042687_5ea5445db3_b.jpg</a>

We need a night Block II shoot.

hatexoc - Maybe my post will help push you closer to your choice.

<a href="http://s284.photobucket.com/user/joshauclarkson/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-10/IMG_20141019_171149_zpsus2ygy6n.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/joshauclarkson/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-10/IMG_20141019_171149_zpsus2ygy6n.jpg</a>

I just want to find one,
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:20:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Spartikis] [#3]
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:

That configuration (CQBR/M4) has to be pretty rare (I've never seen one):  the guys who carry M4s typically don't rate CQBRs.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Spartikis:

Whenever i see a mk18 with the sear pin i get all excited and want to post "hellz yeah man FULL AUTO!"

Then i see the M4 roll mark and think "nah, just another semi-clone"

That configuration (CQBR/M4) has to be pretty rare (I've never seen one):  the guys who carry M4s typically don't rate CQBRs.

I guess in the military they certainly could have a M4 with MK18 upper.

But if poster is a civilian and they have a M4 with a visible sear pin its either a non-transferable dealer sample or a semi-auto lower with fake pins, hence my disappointment.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 3:02:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:

Well, hopefully it's not too late. I already ordered two of the DE charging handles with the combat latch through their site about 30 mins ago.

I just shot them an email reply to my order confirmation email, and also used the contact form on their site - both asking if they could cerakote my charging handles FDE.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:
Originally Posted By compuvette:

Bought mine straight from PRI.  Got here in two days.

They're a little tricky to find on the site - as I experienced a few months back and then resorted to ordering black after not finding them. The part # is 05-0031-DE and they come up in the search. Just ordered one. Here's the link though. Note that the DE is anodized and looks brown like the RIS II rail, but they are also able to cerakote them for a more accurate FDE.

Thanks for the heads up compuvette!

Thanks for the link.

I'm confused though...so PRI will cerakote these for you from the factory? I don't see that option.

Ryan, I called their main line today and ordered the CH by phone. The gentleman who fielded my call was super cool and gave me the part # and explained the coloring details and mentioned they offer cerakote as an option. I didn't check on pricing for that, but I'm guessing calling in is best. GL!

Well, hopefully it's not too late. I already ordered two of the DE charging handles with the combat latch through their site about 30 mins ago.

I just shot them an email reply to my order confirmation email, and also used the contact form on their site - both asking if they could cerakote my charging handles FDE.

To update for anyone looking to get a dark earth cerakoted (instead of anodized) PRI direct from the factory...I'd recommend calling them to accomplish it.

I didn't get a response to my email requesting them to cerakote the charging handles in my order. I did however already get a shipping confirmation/tracking email. So I'm guessing both of mine are coming anodized.

Not a huge deal. I actually think the anodized dark earth will look better on one of the rifles I'll be using it in. I'll just have to order another one over the phone to be cerakoted in dark earth, and sell off my spare anodized one on the EE.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:26:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Talk to me about the Gasbuster, boys.  You all conned me into getting this damn can, and now it seems my overpriced charging handles may be sub-par

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:35:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Alaska511:
Talk to me about the Gasbuster, boys.  You all conned me into getting this damn can, and now it seems my overpriced charging handles may be sub-par

View Quote

It prevents gases from getting blasted in your face, and it's more correct than anything we run. (BCM, Raptor)
I'm switching to a gas buster on my 14.5 for correctness, and in hopes i'll get less of a CLP bath when I take my way overgassed block II to the range again.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:44:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

It prevents gases from getting blasted in your face, and it's more correct than anything we run. (BCM, Raptor)
I'm switching to a gas buster on my 14.5 for correctness, and in hopes i'll get less of a CLP bath when I take my way overgassed block II to the range again.
View All Quotes

Don't include me in your we, poser.

All joking aside, I do have Colts for my clones but if my BCMs and Raptors are going to shit the bed with my can then I would like to hear from those that have the AAC and have used both.

I want the comfort!  I will be cutting back the gas as much as possible, except for my BLOCK I which will wear a .068-.070 gas port
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:44:18 PM EDT
[#8]

But if poster is a civilian and they have a M4 with a visible sear pin its either a non-transferable dealer sample or a semi-auto lower with fake pins, hence my disappointment.
View All Quotes

Whenever i see a mk18 with the sear pin i get all excited and want to post "hellz yeah man FULL AUTO!"

Considering I'm not military you've outed me.  This IS the clone thread, right?   So I'm trying to clone the real deal.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:44:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ShiftSix] [#9]
Didnt think I'd want or need one (gasbuster CH).  Running mine at the outdoor range I couldnt tell the difference in gas from before I bought the can.  Wasnt really any there to be an issue.

Shot last weekend at Athena Gun Club, and doing a couple of quick strings... it was making my eyes tear up a bit.    Guess I'll be ordering one too.  (I'm torn between FDE and Black, so post pictures everyone when you get yours!!! )
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:49:27 PM EDT
[#10]

All joking aside, I do have Colts for my clones but if my BCMs and Raptors are going to shit the bed with my can then I would like to hear from those that have the AAC and have used both.

I want the comfort!  I will be cutting back the gas as much as possible, except for my BLOCK I which will wear a .068-.070 gas port
View All Quotes

I don't think they'll shit the bed. A standard CH might though. On another overgassed note, where do you get your H buffers from? Ive come across a total of one on the EE, and it was beat to shit. Looked like it lived on a 7 inch sbr with a half inch gas port for three billion rounds. I wish I saved the pic, that thing was crusty and charred looking lol
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:50:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ShiftSix:
Didnt think I'd want or need one (gasbuster CH).  Running mine at the outdoor range I couldnt tell the difference in gas from before I bought the can.  Wasnt really any there to be an issue.

Shot last weekend at Athena Gun Club, and doing a couple of quick strings... it was making my eyes tear up a bit.    Guess I'll be ordering one too.  (I'm torn between FDE and Black, so post pictures everyone when you get yours!!! )
View Quote

Thanks for the reply.  Is yours a DD barrel?  Which can(s) do you have.  I won't drag this too far out, I just wanted some reassurance as I spend yet another small pile of money.

This was supposed to be a GUN FREE week for spending.  So far, it has been a bit out of control
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:52:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Stoner25mkiv:

Considering I'm not military you've outed me.  This IS the clone thread, right?   So I'm trying to clone the real deal.
View All Quotes

Not really understanding Spartikis's reasoning for posting or shitting on other peoples stuff... its a clone thread.  When hes out of the mil (if he even is in) he wont have access to it either, and will be in the same boat as everyone else here.  (since dealer post samples are a disappointment as well)  

Back on track,  does the PRI gasbuster make a noticeable difference?  Or only slightly?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:54:26 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

To come into this thread and be disappointed because there are clones in here with fake sear pins; I just don't get the logic. They're clones
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:55:38 PM EDT
[#14]
You guys that have shot with a gas buster, where does it push the gas to?  I shoot lefty and I've always understood it to force the gas out of the right side of the handle(and right into my face)
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Thanks for the reply.  Is yours a DD barrel?  Which can(s) do you have.  I won't drag this too far out, I just wanted some reassurance as I spend yet another small pile of money.

This was supposed to be a GUN FREE week for spending.  So far, it has been a bit out of control
View All Quotes

Mine's a DD barrel, with a 556RC, but has a Syrac on it.  Its set to the first click that will lock the bolt back on pmc bronze, suppressed or unsuppressed (figured that is the lightest load the gun will see)

Outside I dont notice any gas at all, but indoors apparently is a different story.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:57:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks, ShiftSix.

Another good question from CYoung that I look forward to hearing the answer on.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 5:00:40 PM EDT
[#17]
With my Surefire RC and Gas Buster, I don't notice any gas when shooting. With my AAC and Gunfighter, I get blasted. It works for me.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 5:04:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ShiftSix] [#18]
Thanks, ShiftSix.

View Quote

Of course!

(I try not to post too many pictures of mine because its not 100% yet)  New lower, trigger, and optic to come after I get married in Oct.

but here she is for the time being

This is what happens when you start a build, and find this thread about 1/2 way through...  
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 5:29:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#19]

Originally Posted By CYoung73:

You guys that have shot with a gas buster, where does it push the gas to?  I shoot lefty and I've always understood it to force the gas out of the right side of the handle(and right into my face)
View Quote

It shoots the gas out to the right and makes your right eyelid look like a puffer fish. Wearing eye pro with more wrap-around protection should mitigate the issue. Bear in mind, I am describing the Gas Buster as shot suppressed. The can changes everything (meaning WAY more gas pressure) on the CQBR and I don't think Crane would have bothered with a gas redirecting charging handle if they didn't see it as a substantial issue. I had to go to an Ophthalmologist and have four clogged eyelid duct pores lanced. This was caused by shooting my CQBR suppressed NTCH with non-wrap-a-round eyepro. If I had to guess, I'd say I shot 300-350 rounds that day.

I think us lefties should get a pass on this.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 5:42:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#20]

Of course!

(I try not to post too many pictures of mine because its not 100% yet)  New lower, trigger, and optic to come after I get married in Oct.

<a href="http://s58.photobucket.com/user/lltek2002/media/4dbecc6d-f4bf-4cd8-9be0-4c5019447790_zpssgjaxrcx.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g277/lltek2002/4dbecc6d-f4bf-4cd8-9be0-4c5019447790_zpssgjaxrcx.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s58.photobucket.com/user/lltek2002/media/3076C056-4969-416B-8233-0039A281CA2D_zpstj2qi5fs.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g277/lltek2002/3076C056-4969-416B-8233-0039A281CA2D_zpstj2qi5fs.jpg</a>

This is what happens when you start a build, and find this thread about 1/2 way through...  
View All Quotes
Thanks, ShiftSix.

Of course!

<a href="http://s58.photobucket.com/user/lltek2002/media/4dbecc6d-f4bf-4cd8-9be0-4c5019447790_zpssgjaxrcx.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g277/lltek2002/4dbecc6d-f4bf-4cd8-9be0-4c5019447790_zpssgjaxrcx.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s58.photobucket.com/user/lltek2002/media/3076C056-4969-416B-8233-0039A281CA2D_zpstj2qi5fs.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g277/lltek2002/3076C056-4969-416B-8233-0039A281CA2D_zpstj2qi5fs.jpg</a>

And what follows shortly is you selling off all of your non-clone correct parts and scouring the EE looking for clone parts ad infinitum.

And congrats on your upcoming nuptials.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 5:59:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ShiftSix] [#21]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:
And what follows shortly is you selling off all of your non-clone correct parts and scouring the EE looking for clone parts ad infinitum.

View Quote

Selling?

Psh, thats doing it wrong... they'll just turn into another rifle!

also, Many thanks!  I knew I picked the right one when she was the one who suggested I purchase the suppressor before we had to buckle down and save for the wedding/ honeymoon.  

The part that is killing me is I want to fix / finish this one, and I built lower, that is just waiting to have a mk12 upper purchased for it.

Patients is not one of my strong suites, but its all good and worth it
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 6:02:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Selling?

also, Many thanks!  I knew I picked the right one when she was the one who suggested I purchase the suppressor before we had to buckle down and save for the wedding/ honeymoon.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:

Selling?

That's why they've gotta go!

And that's awesome, man.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 6:16:25 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

How do you like Athena gun club?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 6:17:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR15USA] [#24]
Double
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 6:51:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By AR15USA:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AR15USA:

It's a really nice facility, and enjoy the fact they don't care how quickly you shoot unlike a lot of other public ranges.

For me it's a toss up on where I go, depending on weather and what I am shooting between Athena and American Shooting Center.

If you have any different range suggestions or you or anyone else wants to go shoot in the Houston area, just let me know

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 6:58:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#26]
Colt ambi selector on EE right now.

I know someone was looking for this.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:28:17 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

What model eotech is this?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:28:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By TheGreatDanton:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheGreatDanton:

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:07:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Where can one aquire a tan docter sight?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:19:50 PM EDT
[#30]

Originally Posted By emtothedee:

Where can one aquire a tan docter sight?
View Quote
The source. Call them.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:45:57 PM EDT
[#31]
I know its not clone correct but for the lefty's you guys should think about picking up a govnah gas block. I have one on mine and shooting it supressed on the .049 setting is really incredible. It cuts the gas blowback down A LOT.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:49:44 PM EDT
[#32]

Originally Posted By Desertvago44:

FYI there's a Surefire socom 556rc FDE in the EE right now for 899 with either FH/MB included. (Not mine)
View Quote

Fucking figures...
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:49:47 PM EDT
[#33]

Sighted it in today. I was waiting on a shim kit in the mail from SF.

Really like the FSP.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:50:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ECPrevatte] [#34]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

Fucking figures...
View All Quotes
FYI there's a Surefire socom 556rc FDE in the EE right now for 899 with either FH/MB included. (Not mine)

Fucking figures...

You're in PA, why haven't you bought that NT4? Wouldn't you only pay one tax stamp since he is in the state too?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:07:30 PM EDT
[#35]

You're in PA, why haven't you bought that NT4? Wouldn't you only pay one tax stamp since he is in the state too?
View All Quotes

Fucking figures...

Because I already bought a SOCOM...

I did see that though - good price too.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:13:44 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Fucking figures...

The two stamps are the only thing keeping me from that nt4. I really want one for my cqbr.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:15:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ECPrevatte] [#37]

View All Quotes

Fucking figures...

I don't understand what you're saying...you're saying you have a SOCOM...but that's an NT4.

Get both.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:21:27 PM EDT
[#38]

I don't understand what you're saying...you're saying you have a SOCOM...but that's an NT4.

Get both.

View All Quotes

Fucking figures...

Get both.

Oh trust me - that ad is like a tractor beam. It's a miracle I haven't offered to buy it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:29:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Bottom rifle needs nt4 stat.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:02:35 PM EDT
[#40]

Originally Posted By tbturner47:

I know its not clone correct but for the lefty's you guys should think about picking up a govnah gas block. I have one on mine and shooting it supressed on the .049 setting is really incredible. It cuts the gas blowback down A LOT.
View Quote
I have an adjustable Syrac in mine. It cuts down the gas as much as scientifically possible. That said, I still had to have a doctor stick needles in my eye in order to address the gas-to-the-face issue.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:32:21 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Nice photo. Am I the only one thinking multicam is a strange choice for the Coast Guard or do watercraft have more vegetation these days?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:37:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Brianvr6:

Nice photo. Am I the only one thinking multicam is a strange choice for the Coast Guard or do watercraft have more vegetation these days?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Brianvr6:

Your question was answered two posts below that photo.

Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

USCG has a team over here that has Mk18s.  I've posted a few of their Mk18s before along with several different SF Group's.  Hopefully we'll have a range together tomorrow.

CD

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:37:38 PM EDT
[#43]

Originally Posted By G_MAN:
LMT uppers are just under 500, that leaves you paying an 300 for the 4 prong and 600 for the RIS II FSP, both are WAY above fair market value, I'd be patient.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By G_MAN:

Originally Posted By RMiller:

Originally Posted By hatexoc:

Sorry it's an LMT upper, I think I'm going.

Still MK18 FSP and 4 prong, good parts to keep and sell the rest

LMT uppers are just under 500, that leaves you paying an 300 for the 4 prong and 600 for the RIS II FSP, both are WAY above fair market value, I'd be patient.
I would gladly pay $300 for a four prong, mkt value or not.  I offered $550 to a shady gunbroker seller from CO Spgs and the item was pulled down

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:33:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By PFran42:

It shoots the gas out to the right and makes your right eyelid look like a puffer fish. Wearing eye pro with more wrap-around protection should mitigate the issue. Bear in mind, I am describing the Gas Buster as shot suppressed. The can changes everything (meaning WAY more gas pressure) on the CQBR and I don't think Crane would have bothered with a gas redirecting charging handle if they didn't see it as a substantial issue. I had to go to an Ophthalmologist and have four clogged eyelid duct pores lanced. This was caused by shooting my CQBR suppressed NTCH with non-wrap-a-round eyepro. If I had to guess, I'd say I shot 300-350 rounds that day.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CYoung73:

Thanks for that link...I haven't even shot my CQBR suppressed yet, just my 9" AAC with SDN-6(which obviously doesn't have substantial blowback).

I've often wondered how feasible it would be to design a charging handle almost exactly like the PRI except have a hinged "swing-gate" on the bottom with a Y shaped channel and you could swing the "gate" to direct the gas to either side of the handle.  Maybe I should have kept this idea to myself and filed a patent?  Or am I an idiot?

Sorry for the derail
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:38:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_SBR] [#45]
Just threw my PRI M84 Gas Buster Charging Handle with Military Big Latch on the EE if anyone's interested. Color is black. Less than 200 rounds on it. Listing is here.

ETA: Sold for $75 shipped.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:43:56 AM EDT
[#46]
I have an adjustable Syrac in mine. It cuts down the gas as much as scientifically possible. That said, I still had to have a doctor stick needles in my eye in order to address the gas-to-the-face issue.  
View All Quotes

Do you think it's even worth shooting suppressed as a lefty? These sound like issues I'd really not want to deal with.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:47:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#47]
I have an adjustable Syrac in mine. It cuts down the gas as much as scientifically possible.  That said, I still had to have a doctor stick needles in my eye in order to address the gas-to-the-face issue.  
View All Quotes
I have an adjustable Syrac in mine. It cuts down the gas as much as scientifically possible.  That said, I still had to have a doctor stick needles in my eye in order to address the gas-to-the-face issue.  

Same goes for me.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:28:13 AM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

FYI: .049 eventually proved unreliable for me with M193 and SOCOM, switched back to .052!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:30:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TunaNut] [#49]
Originally Posted By brodband8:

Same goes for me.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brodband8:

Same goes for me.

Syrac on mine too. BCM gunfighter c-handle. I dont get any gas in the face with a Socom.

Also have the Govnah on another 10.5. If you are questioning it, just do it. Its a dream to shoot suppressed. No gas. No recoil impulse. Its like shooting a BB gun
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:06:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Colt ambi selector on EE right now.

I know someone was looking for this.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_119/1408684_Ambi_safety_selector_from_Colt_SOCOM_M4A1___35_shipped_CONUS_.html

View Quote

FWIW that's the wrong selector. I think we've talked about this before in the thread but I'm not sure we've found an ambi selector yet that's clone correct.
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 232 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top