AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 225 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 2:10:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheGreatDanton:
hahaha it's their hobby and none of my business but at some point when you're paying $1000 for a pair of navy seal camo pants insanity has clearly taken over.
View Quote

Word. I can understand playing airsoft, but as far as cloning real rifles with airsoft guns I don't get. Unless they're felons, then I totally get it. Lol

All about that "real steel" brah.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 2:39:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

Word. I can understand playing airsoft, but as far as cloning real rifles with airsoft guns I don't get. Unless they're felons, then I totally get it. Lol

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
hahaha it's their hobby and none of my business but at some point when you're paying $1000 for a pair of navy seal camo pants insanity has clearly taken over.

I'm with you. Know if I can only find a damn wmx
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 2:41:26 AM EDT
[#3]

View All Quotes

You check optics planet? It let me add one to my cart a few days ago
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 2:45:00 AM EDT
[#4]

View All Quotes

Was able to pay for one 2/12, was told two weeks to ship
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 2:49:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

Yes, and its in the gallery which is listed on page 1 and is always kept up to date.
View Quote

Well shit...
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 3:24:40 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

Like some of the guys in here that spend $3200 on accessories that they'll never use because "it's a clone, yo"

Which brings me to my next point, "that gas port is .080 instead of .074, that's not a true clone"

To which my response is "where's your third hole?"
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 4:41:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Honest question. Excuse my noob shit. why aren't the guys in the new navy snow camo pics using the buttpads on the stocks? Armor?
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 5:11:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Freedom556:
Honest question. Excuse my noob shit. why aren't the guys in the new navy snow camo pics using the buttpads on the stocks? Armor?
View Quote

Could be he wanted it a little shorter. It could have just fallen off. Who knows.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 5:14:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:

Could be he wanted it a little shorter. It could have just fallen off. Who knows.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:

Looks like there's only one guy without the pad.  Willing to bet the weapon supplied for the commercial just didn't have one.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 10:01:06 AM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

I'm not an air softer, and this isn't in their defense, but what about guys that ARE cloning real Mk18's and CQBR;s but use air soft Peq2's and 15's????  Now that's F'd up. Guys building toy guns VS guys building real guns with toys on them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 10:27:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Stoner25mkiv:

I'm not an air softer, and this isn't in their defense, but what about guys that ARE cloning real Mk18's and CQBR;s but use air soft Peq2's and 15's????  Now that's F'd up. Guys building toy guns VS guys building real guns with toys on them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Stoner25mkiv:

Hook me up with an la-5a then
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 10:41:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Great_Balls_of_Fire] [#12]
Several pages back I reported that I was having trouble cycling cheaper, reloaded .223--brass, not suppressed, standard spring, H buffer, with a gas port diameter of approximately .070"--and that mil spec 5.56 XM855 and a Mk262 clone (CBC 77 gr) were running flawlessly. Yesterday morning I opened up some bulk XM193 and was short stroking like a bitch. This raised a huge red flag.  

I disassembled the rifle to find that the gas port remained at a factory opening of approximately .062" (cut down Colt 14.5") despite having requested and paid for the port to be increased in size. Whipped out the drill and increased the port to about .073", reassembled the rifle, and took it back out. It ran everything I could throw at it.

Thankfully a simple fix, but I found it hilarious how finicky .010" can be. Carry on.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 1:06:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Great_Balls_of_Fire:
Several pages back I reported that I was having trouble cycling cheaper, reloaded .223--brass, not suppressed, standard spring, H buffer, with a gas port diameter of approximately .070"--and that mil spec 5.56 XM855 and a Mk262 clone (CBC 77 gr) were running flawlessly. Yesterday morning I opened up some bulk XM193 and was short stroking like a bitch. This raised a huge red flag.  

I disassembled the rifle to find that the gas port remained at a factory opening of approximately .062" (cut down Colt 14.5") despite having requested and paid for the port to be increased in size. Whipped out the drill and increased the port to about .073", reassembled the rifle, and took it back out. It ran everything I could throw at it.

Thankfully a simple fix, but I found it hilarious how finicky .010" can be. Carry on.
View Quote

But it's interesting that a .062 port functioned fine with 855 and 262, who made the 193?

And sorry for posting the air soft picture, i questioned for a second why not 416s but those airsofers looked legit, there's a thin line between us and them and it gets crossed often.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 1:45:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By G_MAN:

But it's interesting that a .062 port functioned fine with 855 and 262, who made the 193?

And sorry for posting the air soft picture, i questioned for a second why not 416s but those airsofers looked legit, there's a thin line between us and them and it gets crossed often.
View Quote

Federal manufacturer the 855
CBC the Mk262
Independence (from LAX) manufactured the 193
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 1:58:52 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

What ive noticed is quite a few more guys use the buttpad on the 14.5, whereas alot of guys with mk 18's have been popping up with no buttpad.

Compact and manueverable is the name of the mk 18's game, and our buttpads are an extra half inch of length. They do it to keep it as short as possible.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 2:43:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

Like some of the guys in here that spend $3200 on accessories that they'll never use because "it's a clone, yo"

Which brings me to my next point, "that gas port is .080 instead of .074, that's not a true clone"

View All Quotes

Mine is right where I left it last, and above the safety.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 2:50:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#17]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:

View All Quotes

Oh, that third hole.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 3:00:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:

Oh, that third hole.
View All Quotes

Oh, that third hole.

I lol'd. Ya dirty beestard.
Quit thinking with your pencil profile SBR. Its ok tho, sometimes I think with my HBAR rifle length pew stick
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 3:01:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quit thinking with your pencil profile SBR. Its ok tho, sometimes I think with my HBAR rifle length pew stick
View All Quotes

Oh, that third hole.

Lol. I'm stuck in the hospital and bored. My bad.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 3:05:51 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

I know how that goes. I was stuck in the ER for an eternity 2 weekends ago. Is your wife about to pop your kid out?
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 3:19:50 PM EDT
[#21]

I know how that goes. I was stuck in the ER for an eternity 2 weekends ago. Is your wife about to pop your kid out?
View All Quotes

Aye. And I'm sitting here buying PR parts and shopping for an EXPS for the Mk18.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 3:24:42 PM EDT
[#22]

Aye. And I'm sitting here buying PR parts and shopping for an EXPS for the Mk18.
View All Quotes

Congrats bro.

Im building another PR after I finish this block II. I miss mine immensely and its only been gone a couple weeks.
My taupe 99051 gets here tomorrow, then im probably just going to buy an SSA, then build another PR immediately after.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 4:28:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Redone:

Link Posted: 2/22/2015 4:33:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Slightly off topic but not really:

From the requests for an AZ MK18/CQBR Shoot I've approached the Sierra Vista gun range RSOs who have agreed to facilitate an event at the range. I initially asked them about doing a night shoot for people who wanted to break out night vision and then remembered the desire for an AZ clone shoot that could probably happen during the daylight hours prior to the night shoot.

I'm looking for date suggestions, firing tables/course of fire (targetry suggestions) act.

Thread is here in the Night Vision forum.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 5:10:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By hatexoc:
Redone:
<a href="http://s1263.photobucket.com/user/hatexoc/media/EE29C803-A39C-4235-95D4-4663DB34FBA4_zpsl75onlgd.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii640/hatexoc/EE29C803-A39C-4235-95D4-4663DB34FBA4_zpsl75onlgd.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s1263.photobucket.com/user/hatexoc/media/275BF0E4-EA95-405F-920F-B6C3765495E9_zps81klneiu.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii640/hatexoc/275BF0E4-EA95-405F-920F-B6C3765495E9_zps81klneiu.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s1263.photobucket.com/user/hatexoc/media/6E55370F-57D1-4937-9A25-2197B1041E41_zpsrjhjz3ys.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii640/hatexoc/6E55370F-57D1-4937-9A25-2197B1041E41_zpsrjhjz3ys.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s1263.photobucket.com/user/hatexoc/media/6D8354B1-014E-4885-93A1-D0C31CBE5303_zpsv8lnghzk.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii640/hatexoc/6D8354B1-014E-4885-93A1-D0C31CBE5303_zpsv8lnghzk.jpg</a>
View Quote

You going for the Navy arctic warfare scheme?
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 5:16:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TinyCrumb] [#26]
I have a place down in Tuscon and I'd definitely come down for that … both portions.

I have some steel silhouettes I can bring down with me too if you need more targets.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 5:20:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Does any one ever run a Nightforce 1x4 on their Block II CQBR ?
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 5:24:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By RudyJScooty:
View Quote

I put a TR24 on mine If TinyCrumb says it's kosher, I will buy the Nightforce
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 5:35:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Alaska511:

View All Quotes

I was wondering.  I don't have a true clone, its a Noveske look alike that I built since I got the MK 18 bug from this thread,  I just have a AP m2 with a mag. on it for the time being.  I cannot make my mind up between an eotec EXPS, ACOG or a NXS 1x4.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 5:39:54 PM EDT
[#30]

I was wondering.  I don't have a true clone, its a Noveske look alike that I built since I got the MK 18 bug from this thread,  I just have a AP m2 with a mag. on it for the time being.  I cannot make my mind up between an eotec EXPS, ACOG or a NXS 1x4.
View All Quotes

Not the thread for this, we will get curb stomped.

Go to my mini-recce thread, there are some great examples of scoped SBRs
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 5:42:04 PM EDT
[#31]
10-4
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Went to range today, had both CQBR zeroed at 100 yard. But for the MRD, I couldn't do it at the 25 yard instead of 50 yard.  Is that OK? Or should I go back to do it at 25 yard? Also found out Geissele SSF doesn't work with 416 upper.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 6:47:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#33]
Originally Posted By AR15USA:
Went to range today, had both CQBR zeroed at 100 yard. But for the MRD, I couldn't do it at the 25 yard instead of 50 yard.  Is that OK? Or should I go back to do it at 25 yard? Also found out Geissele SSF doesn't work with 416 upper.
View Quote

How did you conduct the zero at 50m? (Not preparing to jump your shit, genuinely curious about your method.)

Either way, I'm sure you'll be fine.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 7:01:00 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

I zero the RDS on top of the Elcan for 50 to keep things consistent and minimize any thought needed to take longer shots with it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 7:07:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 7:12:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:
http://i.imgur.com/jSEuPPU.jpg
View Quote

Ohh FSP is nice.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 7:17:31 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

The FSP rail really rustles my jimmies.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 7:20:54 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/22/2015 7:26:22 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Mine is zeroed at 50yds if that helps any.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 7:34:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Block I

Link Posted: 2/22/2015 7:44:06 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Look nice! I like that rail especially

Link Posted: 2/22/2015 7:51:11 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Every time I talk myself out of tan, y'all drag me back in.

I would love to know how you got the stock to look like that.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Mesh laundry bag
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 7:53:49 PM EDT
[#44]

Mesh laundry bag
View All Quotes

Mesh laundry bag

Krylon?

Is it a B5 stock?
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#45]

Krylon?

Is it a B5 stock?
View All Quotes

Mesh laundry bag

Krylon?

Is it a B5 stock?

I used the dark brown Rustoleum camoflauge on the FDE B5 SOPMOD
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 8:02:42 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Mesh laundry bag

Krylon?

Is it a B5 stock?

thanks, looks great.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 8:16:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Block I

http://i.imgur.com/WC0TRuG.jpg
View Quote

Seriously though, fucking sweet...
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 8:29:23 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

i think youll have to remove the firing pin safety, but double check that.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 8:34:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: G_MAN] [#49]

View All Quotes

That's not really the point of the gas port size talk around here.

It's not a true clone because it's not Colt, which is readily available and affordable to everyone who can afford a DD(unlike a M16) the size of the port is sort of irrelevant at that point.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 8:44:25 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

NF 1-4 is kosher. I just sold my CQBSS and want to replace it for the time being with a TR24, I really like, want and need magnification. magnifiers are fine for my CQBR but would prefer a variable for anything longer than 10"
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 225 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top