Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 194 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 6:05:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gaston4:

Eagle, Troop 747 here in Tucson, AZ.

All while us civies are dying to get a four prong you probably install dozens all the time! So jealous
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Another Eagle here.  Got mine with Troop 536 San Antonio Tx in 83'.

Repair parts waiting.........

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/IMG_0258_rz.jpg
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/IMG_0260_rz.jpg
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/IMG_0259_rz.jpg

CD

All while us civies are dying to get a four prong you probably install dozens all the time! So jealous

Woo, Tucson!  

(Not an Eagle Scout. )

Well shit, now I need a pic... 33 days into waiting for this stamp.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 6:08:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmedFerret] [#2]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:

Woo, Tucson!  

(Not an Eagle Scout. )
View All Quotes

CD

Woo, Tucson!  

(Not an Eagle Scout. )

I'm one too.  196, Ames IA, 1995.

Fuck I'm old.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 7:05:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Woo, Tucson!  

(Not an Eagle Scout. )

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7388/16250920470_6f945a09af_b.jpg
View All Quotes

CD

Woo, Tucson!  

(Not an Eagle Scout. )

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7388/16250920470_6f945a09af_b.jpg

I guess there's a few of us Tucsonans in here
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 8:17:16 PM EDT
[#4]
" />
Updated pic of my Block II clone with my Mk18 and M45. The Mk18 alone is one of my favorite rifles I have, Id like to get a flip to side magnifier and a SOCOM can for it and I think ill have my all purpose rifle! about 1200 rounds down to tube with no failures! Lots of inspiration in this thread for my rifle!
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 9:34:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Stopped by the shop today

DAT GAP

Oh and built this today as well.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 11:03:27 PM EDT
[#6]

You need to refinish it all at once lol.

Rustoleum has been pretty easy to strip which is why I like using it. Just after a few minutes my WMX is pretty much back to normal:

SAW barrel was suppose to show up today, but it hasn't even left Arizona. I have a lot of parts ready to build out the upper and repaint it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 12:51:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Finslayer83] [#7]
Is the CTR an acceptable stock or is sopmod all the way?
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 12:52:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:
Is the CTR and acceptable stock or is sopmod all the way?
View Quote

CTR is fine.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 12:56:02 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Lots of CTRs and MOEs out there even in regular infantry units.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 12:56:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: red6actual] [#10]
All of your lasers are wrong!!!

Yes I said it, unless you have an LA-5 or Gen 1 atpial you have the wrong one, if we stick to the clone standard theme of this thread.

What do I mean, look at the LA-5, where do the safety screws go when not in use, on the top, gen1 peq-15s are in the same place, not in the side like the big Army version, slightly different case shape as well.

Interesting to note that the newer 15s, have a double safety screw slot on the right side, possibly intended for the new LA-5 version but I have yet to see an LA-5 in that case.

Why do I bring this up, well you guys take details to the extreme so I thought I would add to the list....
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:00:21 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Sup fin! CTR, MOE, waffle, CAR, SOPMOD enhanced all good to go.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:16:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Ordering my socom 556-rc tomorrow.

Need a 4 prong though...  Going to have to settle for 3 prong for now.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:16:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By RMiller:

Yes I said it, unless you have an LA-5 or Gen 1 atpial you have the wrong one, if we stick to the clone standard theme of this thread.

What do I mean, look at the LA-5, where do the safety screws go when not in use, on the top, gen1 peq-15s are in the same place, not in the side like the big Army version, slightly different case shape as well.

Interesting to note that the newer 15s, have a double safety screw slot on the right side, possibly intended for the new LA-5 version but I have yet to see an LA-5 in that case.

Why do I bring this up, well you guys take details to the extreme so I thought I would add to the list....
View Quote

lol, I think most here know how to distinguish an LA-5, and also understand it's more clone correct.

While many here are sticklers for details, we all also realize that some details are just about impossible to do.

If we had to stick completely to clone correct parts,  there wouldn't be a thread.

M4A1 marked Colt select fire lower?  Impossible to get, registry was closed in 86.  So standard forged lowers are acceptable.

Surefire FH556RC?  Almost impossible to get, so the SF3P is an accepted substitute.

Insight LA-5?  Harder to get than an FH556RC.  So standard ATPIAL's (or in most cases an ATPIAL-C) are acceptable substitutes.

Just about everything else is available commercially,  so that's usually where the "detail pickiness"  comes in.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:18:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By brodband8:

View Quote

If you find any 4 prongs, drop me a line, I want one.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:20:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By asmig:

Good info, thanks. On your previous post what gas block is being used and is it pinned at all?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gun_Runnin:
Are the Colt Side-Swivels used on Mk18's? I thought they came on all government carbines, but I don't remember seeing them in any of the pictures.

I have found no pictures depicting the swivel on a MK18 either.

Let me check as I thought I remember some with them.  Checked my Crane CD on the Mk18 and negative on the Colt Side Swivel.  Reason being the KAS RIS came with a forward sling stud that could be mounted anywhere on the rails.

CD

Good info, thanks. On your previous post what gas block is being used and is it pinned at all?

I'm not sure on who supplies the low profile gas blocks (I'll check) but gas tube is pinned to block, block has two set screws that go into the two dimpled barrel spots (Crane does this after cutting Colt M4 bbls down to 10.3") and then locktite both screws.

CD
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:23:32 AM EDT
[#16]

Thank you for the info! What does the KAC forward sling stud look like?
View All Quotes
Are the Colt Side-Swivels used on Mk18's? I thought they came on all government carbines, but I don't remember seeing them in any of the pictures.

Let me check as I thought I remember some with them.  Checked my Crane CD on the Mk18 and negative on the Colt Side Swivel.  Reason being the KAS RIS came with a forward sling stud that could be mounted anywhere on the rails.

CD

Thank you for the info! What does the KAC forward sling stud look like?

Looks just like the one that comes on the DD free floated rail but black.  I assumed it was a KAC do to date of issue and with the rail.  My info from Crane didn't specify manufactuer of sling stud, just listed a forward sling point.

CD
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:24:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AR-Ryan21] [#17]
Originally Posted By RJeff21:

View All Quotes

As do I. I don't intend to run a can on my M4A1 Block II again, so I'd like to toss a clone correct 4 prong on it instead.

Do these still pop up at all? Can $200 get one? Or are they commanding more?

ETA - my Block II is an SBR. I guess I can just get an NT4. Doesn't need to be pinned or anything. Would be far cheaper and easier to do, and still clone correct.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:27:47 AM EDT
[#18]

I'm not sure on who supplies the low profile gas blocks (I'll check) but gas tube is pinned to block, block has two set screws that go into the two dimpled barrel spots (Crane does this after cutting Colt M4 bbls down to 10.3") and then locktite both screws.

CD

View All Quotes

CD

CD

Thanks for the info.  That's really good to double confirm that the real deal gas block is not pinned.  Were the 10.3 barrels still cut from Colt M4 barrels by Crane or they are now manufactured to 10.3?  I heard Crane cut 10.3s thread area was left bare.  Thanks!

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:28:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#19]
Originally Posted By ihcnehc:

Questions if you don't mind - it looks like you guys just [/span][span style='font-size: 13.63636302948px;']dimple the barrels.  [/span][span style='font-size: 10pt;']Did you guys use Loctite or anything for the gas block set screw or any staking?  It looks like there are regular M4 barrels under the RIS II as well?    

View Quote

For the 14.5" barrels they are Colt M4 barrels with the front sight tower removed.  Crane cuts down for 10.3" also and then dimples the barrels for the two low profile gas block screws.  These are locktited down.  Crane also rethreads the cut down barrels to 1/2x28.

CD
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:28:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:

As do I. I don't intend to run a can on my M4A1 Block II again, so I'd like to toss a clone correct 4 prong on it instead.

View All Quotes

I haven't seen any for sale recently.  I remember there was a small flood of them 6+ months ago, but after that, not much else.

IIRC the few I've seen since then for sale were asking $300+.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:30:58 AM EDT
[#21]

I haven't seen any for sale recently.  I remember there was a small flood of them 6+ months ago, but after that, not much else.

View All Quotes

I could possibly stomach $300 for a new 4 prong if it popped up. More than that, and I'll just go the NT4 route.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:31:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ihcnehc] [#22]

View Quote

LA-5/PEQ UHP.  Elcan SU-230 HD.  Insight WMX200 (VBL-600-A26).  Surefire FH556-RC.  Colt M4 14.5 cut to 10.38".    Cheers.

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:33:33 AM EDT
[#23]

LA-5/PEQ UHP.  Elcan SU-230 HD.  Insight WMX200 (VBL-600-A26).  Surefire FH556-RC.

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b602/ihcnehc/Block%202%20Checkpoint/05_zps2f8a79ab.jpg

View All Quotes

LA-5/PEQ UHP.  Elcan SU-230 HD.  Insight WMX200 (VBL-600-A26).  Surefire FH556-RC.

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b602/ihcnehc/Block%202%20Checkpoint/05_zps2f8a79ab.jpg

Nice.  Needs paint.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:34:12 AM EDT
[#24]

For the 14.5" barrels they are Colt M4 barrels with the front sight tower removed.  Crane cuts down for 10.3" also and then dimples the barrels for the two low profile gas block screws.  These are locktited down.  Crane also rethreads the cut down barrels to 1/2x28.

CD
View All Quotes

Questions if you don't mind - it looks like you guys just [/span][span style='font-size: 13.63636302948px;']dimple the barrels.  [/span][span style='font-size: 10pt;']Did you guys use Loctite or anything for the gas block set screw or any staking?  It looks like there are regular M4 barrels under the RIS II as well?    

CD

Awesome!  Thanks CD!

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:39:25 AM EDT
[#25]

LA-5/PEQ UHP.  Elcan SU-230 HD.  Insight WMX200 (VBL-600-A26).  Surefire FH556-RC.  Colt M4 14.5 cut to 10.38".    Cheers.

View All Quotes

Looks great man. I second the paint notion
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:41:03 AM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

LA-5A to be exact, very nice!

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:45:11 AM EDT
[#27]

I could possibly stomach $300 for a new 4 prong if it popped up. More than that, and I'll just go the NT4 route.
View All Quotes

I'm kind of in the same boat, but I'll just stick with my SF3P's.  My two 14.5" clones have pinned SF3P's, so I'm not gonna fuck with hacking them off, so I really only want one 4 prong for my CQBR.  I guess if I don't find one at least it'll still match it's 14.5" big brothers.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 2:39:27 AM EDT
[#28]

Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

RE: THIS, this, and this.

Thanks guys.    Does painted stock count?  Seriously I cannot at the moment even if I wanted to.  Out of town for work until March.  Until then.

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 3:30:53 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Um, no. The newer standard PEQ-15 is just fine.

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 3:36:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

http://i.imgur.com/P1E96lV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/surVLSz.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YqrZQIZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7XSf1Dl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/MqEmADW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QVoNx9M.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/PltJ04X.jpg

Pwned.

Next thing you know everybody's pistol grip star washers will be accused of being clone incorrect. Piss is in the wheaties.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 4:07:51 AM EDT
[#31]

Tinycrumb, you just made my night.

I literally had no idea standard power peq-15 was kosher.  thank you.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 4:42:09 AM EDT
[#32]

Interesting, I had not picked up on the standard PEQ-15's in those photos.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 7:12:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#33]

View All Quotes

CD

Got the CAGE code and NSN off the packaging and here's the results on the low profile gas blocks.  There are 3 suppliers for the NSN (ones I have here are from Coronet)

NSN: 1005-01-597-1170 Cylinder, Gas Gun

CAGE
12255  USN, Crane IN
9K646  Coronet Machinery Corp, Bethel  CT
3E3E2  Daniel Defense Inc, Black Creek GA

Out of those 3 suppliers, believe you would only be able to get one from DD.

CD

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 8:29:41 AM EDT
[#34]

Got the CAGE code and NSN off the packaging and here's the results on the low profile gas blocks.  There are 3 suppliers for the NSN (ones I have here are from Coronet)

NSN: 1005-01-597-1170 Cylinder, Gas Gun

CAGE
12255  USN, Crane IN
9K646  Coronet Machinery Corp, Bethel  CT
3E3E2  Daniel Defense Inc, Black Creek GA

Out of those 3 suppliers, believe you would only be able to get one from DD.

CD

View Quote

I sent Coronet a request, worth a shot I guess
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:05:01 AM EDT
[#35]
G

Anyone notice the cap on the WMX? Interesting.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:13:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Thunder79:
G

View All Quotes
G

It just looks like one of the normal ones that comes with them. Mine is a butler creek one.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 12:35:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:

It just looks like one of the normal ones that comes with them. Mine is a butler creek one.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:
G

Mine came with a butler creek too.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 2:26:42 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

No problem. The guy that made that post is selling 2 Gen 1s, so it just sat wrong with me as it looked as if he was trying to say they were more "clone correct" and then pass it off as "just offering you general information" when that information is completely false. In fact, the only version I've rarely seen *is* the Gen 1, but that's probably just due to the time difference of when the Gen 1s were common vs the CQBR Block II getting more out there.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 3:18:16 PM EDT
[#39]

No problem. The guy that made that post is selling 2 Gen 1s, so it just sat wrong with me as it looked as if he was trying to say they were more "clone correct" and then pass it off as "just offering you general information" when that information is completely false. In fact, the only version I've rarely seen *is* the Gen 1, but that's probably just due to the time difference of when the Gen 1s were common vs the CQBR Block II getting more out there.
View All Quotes

Is he selling it in EE? I don't see it
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 3:28:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By AR15USA:

View Quote

He's posted a few advertisements in these threads.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 3:28:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TinyCrumb] [#41]
View Quote

AFAIK, selling non-civi ATPIALs on the EE is still forbidden. He mentioned it a couple pages ago here in this thread and asked people to inquire over email.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 4:02:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#42]

AFAIK, selling non-civi ATPIALs on the EE is still forbidden. He mentioned it a couple pages ago here in this thread and asked people to inquire over email.
View All Quotes

Its also a huge monetary gamble. Ever since TNCV started offering the "C" version, theres hardly a reason to spend $2100 on a grey market version.

Option A ("C" version):

- Pretty much covers all civilian uses.

- Comes with warranty.

- Sold by a company known for excellent CS.

- $1299

Option B (genuine "mil" version):

- 100% clone correct

- Can designate enemy field artillery at 1000 meters.

- Could very well be flat out stolen US property.

- If it breaks, you have a paper weight.

- $2100 +/-

I still want a mil version PEQ-15\LA-5 but I think $2100 is laughable now that there is a viable alternative. Now if I were to cross paths with a LA-5 for the price of a "C", that would be very hard to pass on.

I think once everyone realizes that anyone can buy one from TNVC, the prices for the mil version on the grey market will plummet. I seem to recall reading on this site that the mil gets them for about $400 a pop, and we all know how the military grossly overpays for everything.

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 4:11:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By PFran42:

Its also a huge monetary gamble. Ever since TNCV started offering the "C" version, theres hardly a reason to spend $2100 on a grey market version.

Option A ("C" version):

- Comes with warranty.
- $1299

- 100% clone correct
- $2100 +/-

I still want a mil version PEQ-15\LA-5 but I think $2100 is laughable now that there is a viable alternative. Now if I were to cross paths with a LA-5 for the prince of a "C", that would be very hard to pass on.

I think once everyone realizes that anyone can buy one from TNVC, the prices for the mil version on the grey market will plummet. I seem to recall reading on this site that the mil gets them for about $400 a pop, and we all know how the military grossly overpays for everything.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PFran42:

Option A ("C" version):

- Comes with warranty.
- $1299

- 100% clone correct
- $2100 +/-

I still want a mil version PEQ-15\LA-5 but I think $2100 is laughable now that there is a viable alternative. Now if I were to cross paths with a LA-5 for the prince of a "C", that would be very hard to pass on.

Agreed on all accounts. I understand the allure of having the real deal but with the risk of owning one combined with the fact there is a viable civilian alternative it's a no brainer to me.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 4:25:24 PM EDT
[#44]

Originally Posted By OilfieldTrash78:

Got one of the Taupe sights from Operation Parts....Thanks AZ_SBR!!!
View Quote

Same here.

They are down to 7 now.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 4:25:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Are any of you guys running just a standard mil spec trigger in your CQBR? I'm debating if I should sell my SSA-E to clear up some money for a EXPS and just run a mil spec trigger. I guess I'm wondering if there's a real advantage to having a nice two stage trigger in a gun I probably won't take out past 100yds.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 4:35:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Yote7:
Are any of you guys running just a standard mil spec trigger in your CQBR? I'm debating if I should sell my SSA-E to clear up some money for a EXPS and just run a mil spec trigger. I guess I'm wondering if there's a real advantage to having a nice two stage trigger in a gun I probably won't take out past 100yds.
View Quote

I am gonna put SSF on mine.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Wise choice. Auto on the SSF single stage is so amazing.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 4:42:42 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

I have a standard mil-spec trigger in my CQBR - the only reason is that I just didn't get around to getting a Geissele yet. Works fine - does the job.

That being said, going from a high quality trigger to a standard mil-spec I think you're going to wish you hadn't gotten rid of the Geissele. You're definitely going to notice how shitty mil-spec triggers really are compared to the Geissele.

I had a standard mil-spec trigger in my MK12 and after I installed the SSA-E I realized how much standard mil-spec triggers blow...But that's a different platform too.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 4:42:48 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

You could always grab up the ALG QMS and pair it with some JP springs.  Have that in a couple rigs and it's damn nice, especially at the price point.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 4:50:22 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

For now im going to have an ALG ACT in my M4A1 14.5 block II, which is just a good mil-spec trigger with a non mil-spec coating. I ran it on my block 1.5 for a while as well. I'll be upgrading it to a Geissele in the near future though. If I was you id sell the Geissele and buy an EXPS, run the mil spec trigger until you can afford another Geissele for your CQBR.

Meaning (TLDR) I think its more important to have a good optic and a standard trigger for a while, than to have a good trigger and no optic. Then just buy another Geissele when you can afford it.
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 194 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top