Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 174 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:19:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:
Do you like the Eotech that far back?
View Quote

I run mine as far back as possible. It keeps the balance point at the front of the magwell, but if i move it forward it becomes very front heavy which i find difficult to quickly acquire multiple targets. Plus i dont use a magnifier so i have no incentive to move it forward. Theres also a lot of argument about field of view and how it changes, all i know is the closer the eotech is to my eye the more i can see through the eotech, also the red circle is bigger which i like.

For the most part its personal preference and the need to for space to mount optics.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:08:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I just shot with the surefire socom brake today for the first time since I installed it.  WOW is all I can say, the rifle DOES NOT move, its pretty much like shooting a 22 rifle But DAMN the concussion is BRUTAL.  For some reason this brake is the worst brake I've ever used as far as the pressure wave to the shooter.  

Its great to stay on target for fast follow up shots, but I think I'll wait until the can gets released to shoot this rifle anymore
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:14:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By bending_rodriguez:
I just shot with the surefire socom brake today for the first time since I installed it.  WOW is all I can say, the rifle DOES NOT move, its pretty much like shooting a 22 rifle But DAMN the concussion is BRUTAL.  For some reason this brake is the worst brake I've ever used as far as the pressure wave to the shooter.  

Its great to stay on target for fast follow up shots, but I think I'll wait until the can gets released to shoot this rifle anymore
View Quote

I noticed a big difference in the SF brake vs. AAC's brake. I must say though, if I shoot auto unsuppressed it'a a joy to keep on target.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:32:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bending_rodriguez] [#4]

I noticed a big difference in the SF brake vs. AAC's brake. I must say though, if I shoot auto unsuppressed it'a a joy to keep on target.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I can fully understand how great this brake would be on a FA.

Are you saying the SF is worse than the AAC as far as pressure, but works better?  I think your agreeing?  Haha, nice to know its not just me, if so.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:35:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I am agreeing with you.

The brake seems a tad bit more concussive, but it also seems to have much more of a fireball than than the AAC one. I was pretty surprised at the difference the first shot provided.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:39:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Spartikis:

I run mine as far back as possible. It keeps the balance point at the front of the magwell, but if i move it forward it becomes very front heavy which i find difficult to quickly acquire multiple targets. Plus i dont use a magnifier so i have no incentive to move it forward. Theres also a lot of argument about field of view and how it changes, all i know is the closer the eotech is to my eye the more i can see through the eotech, also the red circle is bigger which i like.

For the most part its personal preference and the need to for space to mount optics.
View All Quotes

Have you read anything that anyone else has written on this matter?

There is no argument about FOV, there's just people who understand it and the people who don't. If you read all the info that has been posted you would, hopefully, understand it.

regardless of where you decide to mount it, an Eotech is not a SCOPE, The FOV is not determined by what you see through it. If it is, you're doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:56:36 PM EDT
[#7]

The brake seems a tad bit more concussive, but it also seems to have much more of a fireball than than the AAC one. I was pretty surprised at the difference the first shot provided.
View Quote

Gotcha,  I thought so.

Its certainly good at its job.  

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:02:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Gotcha,  I thought so.

View All Quotes

Gotcha,  I thought so.

I have a few of the AAC ones and it does it's job pretty well too. I'm impressed with how flat it shoots....I try to avoid shooting it indoors though

The ports look smaller on the SF brake, maybe that is why it seems more concussive
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:05:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By G_MAN:

There is no argument about FOV, there's just people who understand it and the people who don't. If you read all the info that has been posted you would, hopefully, understand it.

regardless of where you decide to mount it, an Eotech is not a SCOPE, The FOV is not determined by what you see through it. If it is, you're doing it wrong.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By G_MAN:

Correct. If you're using an EOTech like a scope, you aren't using it correctly. Sure with it further back you can see a larger area through the window, but that is not how an EOTech is designed to be used. Your field of view comes from what you see outside of the window combined with the window, using a 2 eye open view. Greatest field of view (situational awareness) is with the EOTech mounted forward (battery compartment over delta ring or rail) And frankly, if you have it mounted way back, then you probably close 1 eye when using it too, in which case you're about as fucked up as you could possibly be, and should probably go get a scope.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:33:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

I have a few of the AAC ones and it does it's job pretty well too. I'm impressed with how flat it shoots....I try to avoid shooting it indoors though

The ports look smaller on the SF brake, maybe that is why it seems more concussive
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

Gotcha,  I thought so.

Definitely not talking down on the AAC stuff, in fact my personal experience is only with the their comp and their FH. (the brake wont fit with the RIS II, so I was forced to use the comp).  Im still using their comp with the SDN6 on my Mod 0.  
My experience with the brake comes from a buddy next to me shooting his 10.5" upper with the brake.  It was bad, but I felt as the shooter, the SF was worse.

So im not really comparing the two brakes, just commenting on how well the SF brake works.  If the SDN6 would have fit with the brake on a 10.3" barrel, I would have been using it there(without spacer, etc.)
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:09:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Why is everyone so concerned with where he is mounting his EOTech, everyone's eye is different.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:17:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By BOONEA:
Why is everyone so concerned with where he is mounting his EOTech, everyone's eye is different.
View Quote

Less where he is mounting it... more his rational for mounting it there.  I don't think it matters that much.... i put mine where i feel it best balances the rifle since optics can be a significant % of a rifle's total weight.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:19:07 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

To make people more effective with their weapons. We're not talking prescription EOTech windows here, there is a correct way to use scopes, then there is the correct way to use a RDS. And they aren't the same method of use.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:35:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I guess I don't see the need to tell someone he's fucked up simply by where his EOTech is mounted. If it works for him, then it works for him. I've seen Canadian SOF mount their EOTechs on the rail, and have seen our SOF mount them all the way back. If it works for him, then it works for him. It seems you're basing placement off of where it is positioned without shooting any timed drills to see what placement is fastest.

Either way, I fail to understand how your comments relate to cloning a mk18.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:42:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I guess I don't see the need to tell someone he's fucked up simply by where his EOTech is mounted. If it works for him, then it works for him. I've seen Canadian SOF mount their EOTechs on the rail, and have seen our SOF mount them all the way back. If it works for him, then it works for him. It seems you're basing placement off of where it is positioned without shooting any timed drills to see what placement is fastest.

View Quote

Here we go again. I said if he was closing an eye, then hes fucked up. I dont see how your comments relate to cloning a mk 18 either, but hypocrite it up by all means.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:49:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR-Ryan21] [#16]

View Quote

What you're missing is his reasoning for why he mounts his EoTech so far back. It's counter intuitive, and frankly, wrong.

It sounds like he's using his RDS as a scope, which it certainly is not. An RDS is meant to be used with both eyes open.

He's saying he gets greater FOV through the window with the EoTech mounted rearward. That says to me that he is using his EoTech like a scope, and not with both eyes open focusing on his environment, and not the RDS.

Contrary to his comment, he'd actually be losing FOV with his EoTech mounted further back if it was being used properly (both eyes open). The closer the EoTech is to his eyes, the more it obstructs his FOV.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:01:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thornejc] [#17]

Are you saying the SF is worse than the AAC as far as pressure, but works better?  I think your agreeing?  Haha, nice to know its not just me, if so.
View All Quotes

Maybe my SF brake is f***ed up but I don't notice much difference between the SF and AAC brake in FA or semi.  I honestly expected the SF to be a lot "better" based on all the OMG posts so maybe my high expectations played a roll in my "meh... seems the same to me" response to it.  I'll have to go back out with both and look at it more objectively.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:04:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By thornejc:

Maybe my SF brake is f***ed up but I don't notice much difference between the SF and AAC brake in FA or semi.  I honestly expected the SF to be a lot "better" based on all the OMG posts so maybe my high expectations played a roll in my "meh... seems the same to me" response to it.  I'll have to go back out with both and look at it more objectively.
View All Quotes

I should note, the difference wasn't in muzzle climb. It was in sound and muzzle flash. They both work well.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:32:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#19]
Shot some distance today. Two videos of me shooting a 7x10in target at 300 and 400 yards. Pretty rapid fire and only using the mag as a rest. Not my best shooting but it gets the job done. The load I was shooting is about 2 moa and is ridiculously slow, very gassy, and has way too much felt recoil. IMR4064 is a terrible powder for 223! This rifle is amazing though even with shit ammo!

Edit: this was all using 55gr Hornady FMJ projectiles.
I've made some MK262 clone loads. Ill have to get those out there next time.

Turn volume up to hear the hits!

300 yards, 4/9 hits

400 yards, 4/10 hits

Rifle:

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:36:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Eyekahn:
Shot some distance today. Two videos of me shooting a 7x10in target at 300 and 400 yards. Pretty rapid fire and only using the mag as a rest. Not my best shooting but it gets the job done. The load I was shooting is about 2 moa and is ridiculously slow, very gassy, and has way too much felt recoil. IMR4064 is a terrible powder for 223! This rifle is amazing though even with shit ammo!

300 yards, 4/9 hits

<a href="http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b510/cwm556/9371B3E0-37AC-4F05-BFFD-762557A7BA52_zpsmhlfpuqy.mp4" target="_blank">http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b510/cwm556/th_9371B3E0-37AC-4F05-BFFD-762557A7BA52_zpsmhlfpuqy.mp4</a>

400 yards, 4/10 hits

<a href="http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b510/cwm556/FC4F8481-FBDA-4BC7-889E-2A30F0CD9296_zpszrrgefby.mp4" target="_blank">http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b510/cwm556/th_FC4F8481-FBDA-4BC7-889E-2A30F0CD9296_zpszrrgefby.mp4</a>

Rifle:
<a href="http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/cwm556/media/C7918846-BDA0-4C47-BDC9-DD187C5EE261_zpso78gqh4x.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b510/cwm556/C7918846-BDA0-4C47-BDC9-DD187C5EE261_zpso78gqh4x.jpg</a>
View Quote

What can cover is that?

And nice scenery. Where you located?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:39:04 PM EDT
[#21]

300 yards, 4/9 hits

<a href="http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b510/cwm556/9371B3E0-37AC-4F05-BFFD-762557A7BA52_zpsmhlfpuqy.mp4" target="_blank">http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b510/cwm556/th_9371B3E0-37AC-4F05-BFFD-762557A7BA52_zpsmhlfpuqy.mp4</a>

400 yards, 4/10 hits

<a href="http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b510/cwm556/FC4F8481-FBDA-4BC7-889E-2A30F0CD9296_zpszrrgefby.mp4" target="_blank">http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b510/cwm556/th_FC4F8481-FBDA-4BC7-889E-2A30F0CD9296_zpszrrgefby.mp4</a>

Rifle:
<a href="http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/cwm556/media/C7918846-BDA0-4C47-BDC9-DD187C5EE261_zpso78gqh4x.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b510/cwm556/C7918846-BDA0-4C47-BDC9-DD187C5EE261_zpso78gqh4x.jpg</a>
View Quote

I fucking love the look of a mk 18 with an SU-230.
Although I think it's a better match for a 14.5 as far as useability, but on a mk 18 it just looks like it's at home.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:40:15 PM EDT
[#22]
UGHHH, i need a blockii upper. Blah.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:44:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:

What can cover is that?

View All Quotes

300 yards, 4/9 hits

400 yards, 4/10 hits

Rifle:

What can cover is that?

Rifles Only HAD

South Eastern NC
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#24]

300 yards, 4/9 hits

400 yards, 4/10 hits

Rifle:
View Quote

Me like
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:47:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

Although I think it's a better match for a 14.5 as far as useability, but on a mk 18 it just looks like it's at home.
View All Quotes

300 yards, 4/9 hits

400 yards, 4/10 hits

Rifle:

It was on my Block II M4 clone. I sold that upper once I got my lower approved. There is nothing the Block 2 can do that the CQBR can't. The Elcan is perfect for the CQBR. I ran the Block 2 for about 2 years and have never looked back after selling it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:50:05 PM EDT
[#26]

It was on my Block II M4 clone. I sold that upper once I got my lower approved. There is nothing the Block 2 can do that the CQBR can't. The Elcan is perfect for the CQBR. I ran the Block 2 for about 2 years and have never looked back after selling it.
View All Quotes

300 yards, 4/9 hits

400 yards, 4/10 hits

Rifle:

I got a little sidetracked, but what I was mainly trying to say was your mk 18 clone looks fucking perfect
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:58:10 PM EDT
[#27]

Rifles Only HAD
View All Quotes
What can cover is that?

Rifles Only HAD

Thanks. May have to check one out and see how it compares to my Griffon HMMS covers.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:58:16 PM EDT
[#28]

I got a little sidetracked, but what I was mainly trying to say was your mk 18 clone looks fucking perfect
View All Quotes

300 yards, 4/9 hits

400 yards, 4/10 hits

Rifle:

Thanks buddy

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:03:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Thanks. May have to check one out and see how it compares to my Griffon HMMS covers.
View All Quotes
What can cover is that?

Rifles Only HAD

I almost went griffon, the HAD was about 25 bucks cheaper and they have a 7.5in model, where griffon only had the 7in model. The SDN6 is 7.6in, so I wanted to cover it completely so I could put it away hot and not worry about the tip burning anything. I'd love to see a side by side testing of the two though because they both are great pieces of kit!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:05:13 PM EDT
[#30]

Thanks buddy

<a href="http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/cwm556/media/FDD59664-B3CD-45EF-80D9-7EE285B71B2A_zps8viny1md.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b510/cwm556/FDD59664-B3CD-45EF-80D9-7EE285B71B2A_zps8viny1md.jpg</a>
View All Quotes

300 yards, 4/9 hits

400 yards, 4/10 hits

Rifle:

Thanks buddy

<a href="http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/cwm556/media/FDD59664-B3CD-45EF-80D9-7EE285B71B2A_zps8viny1md.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b510/cwm556/FDD59664-B3CD-45EF-80D9-7EE285B71B2A_zps8viny1md.jpg</a>

Nice shootin and rifle as usual man!

Now I wish youd invest in a good camera, or better phone
As was said your scenery, and what your doing in the videos are always great to watch, but the quality of the video leaves something to be desired
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:07:09 PM EDT
[#31]

I should note, the difference wasn't in muzzle climb. It was in sound and muzzle flash. They both work well.
View All Quotes

I agree totally. My experience was with a MB762 and an AAC brake on the same rifle. The surefire was noticeably louder behind the rifle and had much more flash even at 12 noon in summer. I think the AAC brake being shorter has something to do with it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#32]

I almost went griffon, the HAD was about 25 bucks cheaper and they have a 7.5in model, where griffon only had the 7in model. The SDN6 is 7.6in, so I wanted to cover it completely so I could put it away hot and not worry about the tip burning anything. I'd love to see a side by side testing of the two though because they both are great pieces of kit!
View All Quotes
What can cover is that?

Rifles Only HAD

Griffon has a 7.5" size. It's their "Middy" model. I have one of them on my SDN-6, and just like the HAD, it covers the can completely.

I have a Griffon HMMS in 5", 6" and 7.5".

I'm still interested to check out a HAD for a side by side comparison though. I've long been waiting for Griffon to release their Kryptek Highlander models. Well, the HAD is already available in Kryptek Highlander.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:13:12 PM EDT
[#33]

Nice shootin and rifle as usual man!

Now I wish youd invest in a good camera, or better phone
As was said your scenery, and what your doing in the videos are always great to watch, but the quality of the video leaves something to be desired
View Quote

I'm accepting donations for a solid camera! Me and RTUtah are going to have a sick range day/night soon. Ill see if I can borrow a good camera for those shenanigans!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:16:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyone have grouping sizes with m855 or mk262 at 100yds with a blockii?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:16:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#35]

Griffon has a 7.5" size. It's their "Middy" model. I have one of them on my SDN-6, and just like the HAD, it covers the can completely.

I'm still interested to check out a HAD for a side by side comparison though. I've long been waiting for Griffon to release their Kryptek Highlander models. Well, the HAD is already available in Kryptek Highlander.
View All Quotes
What can cover is that?

Rifles Only HAD

Oh man! I must have missed that the middy was 7.5. I thought it was 7! Either way both are sweet! On a side note highlander is really growing on me. I might switch to that for hunting next season.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:19:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#36]
Originally Posted By pbjunkiee:
Anyone have grouping sizes with m855 or mk262 at 100yds with a blockii?
View Quote

My MK262 clone was .9moa at 100 yards in two 5 shot groups with Elcan, bipod, and rear bag. Using a DD barrel and Colt bolt. 2400fps at sea level
Load was
LC brass
24gr of RE15
CCI 400
77 SMK

Haven't shot loaded MK262 yet but I'd think the results would be very similar.

I'm gonna zero for those next time I'm out and shoot those at distance. I've heard MK262 groups way better at 200 than 100...
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:08:20 PM EDT
[#37]
About to break out the spray paint, the weather is nice here in west TX. Ill be back with pics.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:15:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:
About to break out the spray paint, the weather is nice here in west TX. Ill be back with pics.
View Quote

You gonna paint the rail too?

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:24:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Moved the EOTech up. Looks pretty good to me. Gonna hit the range to really try it out ASAP.

" />
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:31:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By drb022:
Moved the EOTech up. Looks pretty good to me. Gonna hit the range to really try it out ASAP.

http://<a href=http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t281/drb022/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsb4dcc4a0.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

Nice!  Every time I see that butt naked extension It almost makes me want to give you the money to stamp that lower. Almost.
Any idea where you're getting PCS'd to yet?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:42:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#41]

View All Quotes

I've got an RAS, that ain't no thang for me lol.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:55:36 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

Oh, I forgot you had a CQBR lol. Spray it up home slizzle!
My RAS on my block 1.5 is still green and the rest of the rifle I stripped the paint off of, looks like shit together when I take a pic with the flash on. I seriously need to go get different paint, the colors I bought all sucked. Might try krylon this time, or maybe Aervoe
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:09:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Surefire has just released the new SOCOM cans. 556 RC.2, 556 mini.2, 762 RC.2, 762 mini.2. Now I'll be spending more money on surefire cans
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:13:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_SBR] [#44]
Hey guys, I am going to be posting this on the EE shortly, but wanted to give you first dibs. Pardon the picture dump.

This is the Insight Technologies M3X LED Tactical Illuminator from L-3 Communications, P/N M3X-700-A35 with a genuine dual button remote P/N RMT-400-A8. Purchased for $325 shipped off the EE from another member who had this mounted on a safe queen. I bought it, mounted it, never took it outside or fired it obviously, and have since decided I don't like the bulk on the front end and ultimately don't need a WML at this time. Looking to sell for what I paid: $325 shipped.

Please email me if interested.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:19:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Desertvago44:
Surefire has just released the new SOCOM cans. 556 RC.2, 556 mini.2, 762 RC.2, 762 mini.2. Now I'll be spending more money on surefire cans
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:24:37 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

I can't find anything on this. Could you tell us more about it?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:28:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Thunder79:

View All Quotes

Go to the suppressor sub forum. There's a video on Surefire's 2015 line up.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:32:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#48]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:

View All Quotes

Surefire 2015 Lineup

If you watch the whole video, they're also coming out with a Scout that utilizes AA batts.  Only 200 lumen output, though.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:32:24 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

The video was released on the Surefire YouTube channel. Video is called 2015 new products.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:38:17 PM EDT
[#50]

The video was released on the Surefire YouTube channel. Video is called 2015 new products.
View All Quotes

The video shows a different end plate; however, I didn't see any other "upgrades" mentioned.
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 174 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top